Please help me complete GCN game/demo collection...Only need 74 more...PLEASE HELP!

I know you don't believe it now. But once you finally finish it, take a step back, and think about it for a while you will be left with a very empty feeling.

[quote name='TheShiz']I know you don't believe it now. But once you finally finish it, take a step back, and think about it for a while you will be left with a very empty feeling.[/QUOTE]

That's just jealousy talking.

When I was done, I'd just stare at my bookshelf for days. Hell, that's all I do now, and I don't have complete collections of anything.

When your collection is complete you can be my new best friend--just kidding of course. But to have all those games.. makes me think what game to play next. At least you won't be needing to rent GC games.

[quote name='bjeong1381']bump...[/QUOTE]

That is awesome.
Makes me wish I had something from my puny collection ot help you complete :D

Is it 'technically' legal for you to own the demo disks? Like is there some legal detail that would prevent you from obtaining them from Nintendo or anything? It would seem as if you would need to like, smuggle them out of an EB or something.

[quote name='evilmax17']Is it 'technically' legal for you to own the demo disks? Like is there some legal detail that would prevent you from obtaining them from Nintendo or anything? It would seem as if you would need to like, smuggle them out of an EB or something.[/QUOTE]

They are fine to own, just not ok to sell. Take the official Nintendo Demo Disk that was out a year ago...same rules applied to that. You got a copy free with a system, but it was "not for resale".

Actually when Nintendo used to take all the demos back when they put in a new one but now they don't care. It isn't illegal to sell them yourself but for stores to sell them then Nintendo would probably have a problem with that.

[quote name='evilmax17']That's just jealousy talking.

When I was done, I'd just stare at my bookshelf for days. Hell, that's all I do now, and I don't have complete collections of anything.[/QUOTE]

I have a big collection, and I feel the same way now that i'm almost done (big empty feeling). I've got pretty much everything I wanted for PS One on up (got the last three games on Monday), and the thrill of the hunt is basacially gone, since no stores around here stock N64 / DC on down.

It's just not so exciting hunting on Ebay for older games, I like the feeling of going to a store and not knowing that somewhere is a copy of a good, hard to find game for cheap just waiting for you.

And to the OP: I think Sam's Club (if you have a membership) has Spongebob: The Movie for a cheap price.

the games listed are the only ones i am looking for. there wasn't anything in the collector's edition that made it worth owning to me. thanks though.

Wow that is an impressive collection, too bad I don't have anything you don't already have. BTW how many of those games have you actually played?

stalfosking - I have played all of them at least once.

MANIMAL - I have everything but the games listed so yes I have those three games already.

bjeong, have you ever actually been caught up on all current releases with your collection? (It just seems that you're always so close, but never quite reach completion!)

The question comes up is why?

I understand having a couble hundred games, maybe you like them all, but why have EVERY game? Are you lonely and looking for attention? I mean why do you want every last game? It's not like coins or soemthing that the prices will increase, if the game sucks the price will drop becasue no one will buy it.

Lastly PLEASE tell me you have insurence on the games.

And Good luck.

jeffrey - No I never have caught up. This is about as close as I have come. The main reason behind that is cost wise of the games. Unless it is a game I actually really want I will not pay full price, I will wait for a price drop. I just got NCAA 2005 because BB dropped it to $5.

david - Honestly I couldn't tell you why. I mean the cube is honestly my favorite system ever. Maybe it's because I can now buy any game I want rather than asking my parents to get it for me. Who knows? All I know is that for some reason about a year ago I started buying a lot of games. Then the big clearance sales at BB and CC made it easy for me to acquire a huge amount of games at a relatively small price. I spent about $600 but I got over 100 games. At that point in time I couldn't pass it up. It all just kinda snowballed from there. Now I am so close that I just want to finish. Even if I don't buy a game from now until the system dies I don't think I will need more than 100 games at most.

You should be able to pick up TW 2005 for cheap cheap cheap if you are willing to wait until late this year/early next.

Anyway, good luck with completing that collection. Pretty neat.

I actually bumped and locked all threads on all boards talking about selling my collection. My girl actually wants me to keep everything so nothing is being sold as of now.

bread's done
Back