Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard so much about Extended Warranties. How does it works?

Let say if I buy the x360 from Circuit City and their extended warranties, and then after a year my x360 won't boot game/scratch game. Can I go into CC to exchange for a brand new one, or do they just fix the old system?

I'm not buying any consoles from GS/EB at all. I heard bad reputation that they resell used products as new.

Anyway, Circuit City, Walmart, Target, and Best buy. Which have the best warranties that let me swap new xbox360 without much hassle?

Is there a way to transfer demos between the 360 and a PC? I want to backup some demos to PC in order to free up space, and I would like to use my school's 100Mbit connection to download demos (without having to bring my 360 to school). Are either of these possible?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Please keep in mind that when MS does decide to re-work the chipsets, they aren't going to advertise it. They aren't going to announce it. And it will likely be a real pain in the ass to try and figure out which ones are new chipsets. In all honesty, it's possible that new chipsets are already being put in the console.

My guess is you will hear a rumor that MS is using new chipsets and then have to try and buy one with a manufacture date after that time. I don't think you can see that without opening the box so have fun buying systems and returning them until you get one with the right date.

I just don't really understand the logic in waiting and going through that kind of hassle. There is no guarantee even a newer model won't break, and if you buy anything that complicated and expensive without an extended warranty in the first place, well.... you aren't real bright then.

And no, there will be no added features to a newer model, at least not for the next year or so.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there will be a code on the box, just like you could tell the firmware revision on the PSP. People will be able to figure it out, it may just take some time.

Besides, production isn't supposed to even begin until first quarter. If it was going to start in January with units due Feb/March, I might have waited. I don't think they'll be out until at least June though.

[quote name='mgsvr']I'm not buying any consoles from GS/EB at all. I heard bad reputation that they resell used products as new.

Anyway, Circuit City, Walmart, Target, and Best buy. Which have the best warranties that let me swap new xbox360 without much hassle?[/quote]

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing it at all. I think my first three were used.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Is there a way to transfer demos between the 360 and a PC? I want to backup some demos to PC in order to free up space, and I would like to use my school's 100Mbit connection to download demos (without having to bring my 360 to school). Are either of these possible?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. However, most of the time, the time and hassle it would take to do that is not really worth it since you can just download it again pretty quickly.

potential dumb question:
I bought the 360 a couple of days and hooked it up to my HDTV with the component cables, looks pretty neat, but am I getting an actual HD signal? I set the deal in the dashboard to be 1080i but do I have to switch a setting on my tv as well or does it automatically display what is coming out of the 360?

[quote name='nasum']potential dumb question:
I bought the 360 a couple of days and hooked it up to my HDTV with the component cables, looks pretty neat, but am I getting an actual HD signal? I set the deal in the dashboard to be 1080i but do I have to switch a setting on my tv as well or does it automatically display what is coming out of the 360?[/QUOTE]
If you have the switch on the back of the cables set to "HD" then your display should always match your dashboard setting unless you are watching a DVD.

If you are getting 480p instead of 1080i unhook your AV cable and make sure that you switch it to "HD".

[quote name='mgsvr']I heard so much about Extended Warranties. How does it works?

Let say if I buy the x360 from Circuit City and their extended warranties, and then after a year my x360 won't boot game/scratch game. Can I go into CC to exchange for a brand new one, or do they just fix the old system?[/QUOTE]

bump

[quote name='spoo']If you have the switch on the back of the cables set to "HD" then your display should always match your dashboard setting unless you are watching a DVD.

If you are getting 480p instead of 1080i unhook your AV cable and make sure that you switch it to "HD".[/QUOTE]
It is set to HDTV, other than that how do I know for sure that what I'm seeing is what I have it set to? Again, I'm an HDTV neophyte all the way.

[quote name='nasum']It is set to HDTV, other than that how do I know for sure that what I'm seeing is what I have it set to? Again, I'm an HDTV neophyte all the way.[/QUOTE]

Most TV's have a button you can push on the remote like 'info' or something similar, that shows you what signal it's getting.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Most TV's have a button you can push on the remote like 'info' or something similar, that shows you what signal it's getting.[/QUOTE]
If you can't find that most/many HDTV will tell you what signal it is outputting when you change the channel/input. When I turn my 360 on it will tell me 1080i in a little box in the corner and when I put a DVD in my Xbox it will change when the DVD loads to 480p showing me in a small box that it changed. I have never had my resolution change from 1080i on any 360 game that I have played it has always given me a 1080i resolution.

-On a side note I'm sure many games are upconverting 720p games to 1080i but the back of the box on 360 games will tell you if it uses 720p, 1080i or both.

[quote name='jlarlee']hey how does the streaming from media center work? Do the files have to be WMV for it to work?[/QUOTE]
It will only work for WMV files for video. You can use Windows Media Player 11 or the Zune software on the PC side to stream. (I can't get it to work after I downloaded WMP 11 though even though I had no problems using the old way of Windows media connect :bomb: )

[quote name='jlarlee']also with the dead rising text in sdtv. with a 36 inch tv will it still be illegible?[/QUOTE]
No, not illegible. Just tough to read.

[quote name='jlarlee']also with the dead rising text in sdtv. with a 36 inch tv will it still be illegible?[/quote]

If you happen to have an S-Video input on your TV, it would look better with an S-Video cable.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']If you happen to have an S-Video input on your TV, it would look better with an S-Video cable.[/QUOTE]
i will be connecting it through component does that help?

[quote name='jlarlee']i will be connecting it through component does that help?[/QUOTE]
Yes. That's better than S-Video. You shouldn't have a problem.

(I'm surprised this isn't a sticky by itself)

I'm getting my 360 this month, come hell or high water. Now I don't need game recommendations, that's easy to figure out. What I'd like to know is what accessories are must-haves and which are absolute crap.

For instance, I've heard the Nyko Intercooler is a fire hazard. Stuff like that, stuff that looks like it might be the right thing to buy, but it totally sucks.

[quote name='CocheseUGA'](I'm surprised this isn't a sticky by itself)

I'm getting my 360 this month, come hell or high water. Now I don't need game recommendations, that's easy to figure out. What I'd like to know is what accessories are must-haves and which are absolute crap.

For instance, I've heard the Nyko Intercooler is a fire hazard. Stuff like that, stuff that looks like it might be the right thing to buy, but it totally sucks.[/quote]

Premium:

Another wireless controller
1600 marketplace points (AND NO MORE THAN THAT!!)
Play and charge kit

[quote name='help1']Premium:

Another wireless controller
1600 marketplace points (AND NO MORE THAN THAT!!)
Play and charge kit[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should mention I have no use for an additional wireless controller. I have no one that is going to come over and play. And yes, I am getting the Premium.

[quote name='jlarlee']also with the dead rising text in sdtv. with a 36 inch tv will it still be illegible?[/quote]

I have a 36inch SDTV and have played the demo and it is IMPOSSIBLE to read.

Thank God I got that 22 inch monitor!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I suppose I should mention I have no use for an additional wireless controller. I have no one that is going to come over and play. And yes, I am getting the Premium.[/quote]
Get the "quick charge kit" instead of the "PLAY and charge." The quick charge is faster, and as long as you put the battery to charge after each play session (battery life is 30hrs) you won't ever have to think about playing and charging at the same time. If you want to play on your monitor, you might want to pick up the vga cables as well.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I suppose I should mention I have no use for an additional wireless controller. I have no one that is going to come over and play. And yes, I am getting the Premium.[/quote]

Alrighty then, drop the wireless controller and there ya go! I dont even think you need the points card, but if you are intrested in the XBLA games, then go for it!

[quote name='Tokubetsu']Get the "quick charge kit" instead of the "PLAY and charge." The quick charge is faster, and as long as you put the battery to charge after each play session (battery life is 30hrs) you won't ever have to think about playing and charging at the same time. If you want to play on your monitor, you might want to pick up the vga cables as well.[/quote]

IS the quick charge kit the thing im trying to say but just the correct name or that nyko battery recharger thing?

[quote name='help1']I have a 36inch SDTV and have played the demo and it is IMPOSSIBLE to read.

Thank God I got that 22 inch monitor![/QUOTE]

what cables you using?

[quote name='help1']IS the quick charge kit the thing im trying to say but just the correct name or that nyko battery recharger thing?[/quote] If it's this then yeah:
thumb.bat1.jpg

Just put your battery in when your not playing and you wont have to worry about dead batteries/batteries dying on you wile playing.

Ok I just got a 360 at EB and bought the PRP. Now the guy working there told me the PRP would still continue if I exchange the 360 for a new one, but today someone told me that that is false. Did the EB guy bullshit me?

Are the 360 batteries the type you should run down before recharging or you can charge them at any point? I know some older batteries (Sony camcorder stuff Lithium Ion I think) have this, which is a bit of a pain to make sure you get the longest use out of your batteries.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Are the 360 batteries the type you should run down before recharging or you can charge them at any point? I know some older batteries (Sony camcorder stuff Lithium Ion I think) have this, which is a bit of a pain to make sure you get the longest use out of your batteries.[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew, because I'm lucky to get 5 hours out of mine.

Also, they come somewhat charged, so should you charge them up before using or empty them first?

[quote name='help1']On the SDTV, composite. On the monitor, Component.[/QUOTE]

ok i will be using component on the sd that should help

When I hooked up the home theater I bought to the 360 the audio for voices and sound effects wasn't loud enough to hear. Is this a problem with the home theater or or is there a way I can tweak it to fix the problem? I am probably going to take it back and get a replacement or something else since I have had some problems with the one I have but just figured I would ask before I took it back.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']When I hooked up the home theater I bought to the 360 the audio for voices and sound effects wasn't loud enough to hear. Is this a problem with the home theater or or is there a way I can tweak it to fix the problem? I am probably going to take it back and get a replacement or something else since I have had some problems with the one I have but just figured I would ask before I took it back.[/quote]

Maybe make sure your setings are right, with surround sound turned on and all that (although you've probably done that). Or try it with a different source to see if it's a problem with the theater or the 360.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Any word of MS is going to come out with cable or adapter that will allow the 360 to hook up via HDMI? I have two HDMI connections on my TV and would like to use one for the Xbox 360 that I am going to get.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']When I hooked up the home theater I bought to the 360 the audio for voices and sound effects wasn't loud enough to hear. Is this a problem with the home theater or or is there a way I can tweak it to fix the problem? I am probably going to take it back and get a replacement or something else since I have had some problems with the one I have but just figured I would ask before I took it back.[/quote]I think the volume settings on the 360 itself are defaulted to a lower level. You can check it if you pull up the Guide button. There should be a volume speaker there. First time I checked mine, it was at around 60%.

there was an update when i turned on my box this morning.

anyone know what was affected?

i seemed to log into my profile almost immediately after boot.

thread already made about it..seems it fixed Recently Played Games issues on the friends list, mic issues with the wired mic and wireless controller combo, and 1080p resolution for movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back