78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='Kayden']Wants my Bioshock. =( The tracking info in my shipping email says the game hasn't even shipped yet. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Should've checked this thread first, I just e-mailed liongames asking about this. I'm in the same boat. This is my first liongames pre-order, and I was hoping for some great things given their prices. But now I'm really kind of wishing that I had not paid up front and just pm'd the CC ad somewhere for the extra $5... My play time is limited, and the wife and kids will be gone one day this week. If I don't have my copy then, I'll be buying it someplace else and selling of this one whenever it arrives. Regardless of who's fault the delay is, this will probably be my last pre-order.

I suggest you take the code in the Delivery Conformation code, go to the USPS website, and track it through there as the site Tony provided doesn't seem to update. And Psychobrawler, I'm feeling the same as you that this might be my last preorder.

They are similar, before the change they would tell you what routing station it was at, if it was delivered, if it was at your PO etc. Now they just mark that it was mailed and delivered.

[quote name='yamas']They are similar, before the change they would tell you what routing station it was at, if it was delivered, if it was at your PO etc. Now they just mark that it was mailed and delivered.[/QUOTE]

So my # says it was "Accepted" on the 22nd. Does that mean there won't be an update until it was delivered?

And my remark about last pre-order isn't just referring to Liongames. It seems that no matter where I ever PO, I end up getting the game a week after everyone else. I don't do it very often anyway, and I don't really mind waiting for a single player game if I'm saving $15 or $20, but with the CC price at launch, there really just wasn't much of a benefit to pre-ordering Bioshock. And if I'm going on line (a la Halo 3) I want that disc on day 1.

Remember when you had to pre-order popular games to be able to find them on day 1? Now getting tied into a pre-order anywhere is more likely to mean not playing with your friends who stopped at Wal Mart or Best Buy...

Sorry to get a little off topic.

[quote name='yamas']Hey can anyone tell me if the games come sealed like if you bought them from a store?[/QUOTE]

They come sealed. I'm assuming your question referred to buying it now at a B&M and just returning the Liongames copy when you get it. Many people in this thread have mentioned the same thing. I have a copy now that I bought for the discount and am playing but will give to the nephews.

I will be exchanging the copy of Halo3 but I'm fine with the wait on most pre-orders.

From my experience, you pick and choose the games you want to pre-order. If you need it on Day One do not order it online and pick it up in the store or just take advantage of the borderline ethical exchanging the Liongames copy to the B&M when it arrives.

So my # says it was "Accepted" on the 22nd. Does that mean there won't be an update until it was delivered?

While this has turned more into a USPS-generated teeth-gnashing thread (and there's good reason for that), to answer your question, yes, "Accepted" (or "Acceptance", I think) means that the package to be shipped was physically received at the post office, and it should be on its way. As I understand it, you'll probably have it in your mailbox well before the USPS's 'tracking' (not really) information is updated again.

For the record, I'm in the same boat, in that my status went to "Acceptance" around 2 P.M. EST on the 22nd, and I don't have mine yet, either. But assuming that not much happened to it that day, it's not surprising that it hasn't arrived, as First Class shipping is 3-5 days. If you don't have it by Tuesday, you might want to get a little worried. I know I will (but I'm thinking it'll be here tomorrow).

I am having a little problem understanding why people are complaining that they havent received their game yet. I think these buyers were pretty much in control of their own destiny at the time of check out. People had the option of paying just $1.50 more for shipping to upgrade to priority. I really feel you cant blame USPS or me that you havent recieved the game when the chocie for the cheapest shipping was made at the time of check out. The box at the time of checkout says 5 to 7 days for first class mail. By rights there shouldn't be a single complaint until next tuesday. Is there something i am missing here??

I am having a little problem understanding why people are complaining that they havent received their game yet. I think these buyers were pretty much in control of their own destiny at the time of check out. People had the option of paying just $1.50 more for shipping to upgrade to priority. I really feel you cant blame USPS or me that you havent recieved the game when the chocie for the cheapest shipping was made at the time of check out. The box at the time of checkout says 5 to 7 days for first class mail. By rights there shouldn't be a single complaint until next tuesday. Is there something i am missing here??

Nope, you're 100% correct. Doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='yamas']Tony, I thought you said before First class was 3-5 not 5-7????? I don't appreciate the flip flopping.[/QUOTE]

that's priority.

man, I'd hate to run a store and have to field complaints like that...

[quote name='yamas']Tony, I thought you said before First class was 3-5 not 5-7????? I don't appreciate the flip flopping.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a post office in the world that has 3-5 day first class shipping.

Got my priority shipped Bioshock on Friday. It was it perfect condition and Tony has been aces to deal with. Thumbs way up on all accounts. Thanks again Tony.

Not to disrespect or anything, because i am addicted to liongames right now BUT:
Will this happen with halo 3, guitar hero 3, or call of duty 4
i paid for the faster one, and i live in new york????

[quote name='liongames']I am having a little problem understanding why people are complaining that they havent received their game yet. I think these buyers were pretty much in control of their own destiny at the time of check out. People had the option of paying just $1.50 more for shipping to upgrade to priority. I really feel you cant blame USPS or me that you havent recieved the game when the chocie for the cheapest shipping was made at the time of check out. The box at the time of checkout says 5 to 7 days for first class mail. By rights there shouldn't be a single complaint until next tuesday. Is there something i am missing here??[/QUOTE]

I agree. It isn't like you charged for USPS First Class and sent Media mail. As far as quoting First class as 5-7 shipping days, the majority of online retailers will make you wait 10 whole shipping days (not counting sunday) if an item is late or lost (next friday instead of tuesday).

Just think how busy Tony has been with all the delivery confirmation/tracking emails, and not to mention having to actually prepare & package who knows how many copies for shipping. Oh, and plus, he had to send out reminder emails for due Halo 3 payments on the 25th.(I'll get it out tommorrow ;) )

Tony has been more than patient, and if everyone could just be half as patient there would be no problem.

I don't believe USPS gives a First Class delivery time average, it's usually more like 3-7 depending on where you live, but Priority mail is 2-3 "whole" shippingh day average.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']There isn't a post office in the world that has 3-5 day first class shipping.[/quote]

It all depends on proximity and the quality of the post office. I've gotten First Class in 2 days. Some post offices are just lazier than others.

This is from my Halo 3 order back in mid April.

Delivery: USPS First Class (5-7 Days)

Tony has NEVER promised first class within a few days. The OP, slickill, says otherwise but he is correct probably only in the sense your close to CT in terms of delivery

I live in New Britain, CT so I'm expecting to get it within 2-3 days, maybe even less. But granted the average First Class mail I've gotten from California was usually about five or six days. It depends on where you live.

He also mentions no sales tax. That is incorrect if you live in CT. Tony has to charge sales tax to all CT residents.

My only complaint right now is about... myself! I've yet to still purchase my used game off of Tony. I'm going to pick it up by Xmas but everyone really needs to do their part and purchase a used game, even if It's $15 just to help Tony recoup his costs. We will probably never see a $40 $60 game new again as long we continue to not buy used games off of him.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This is from my Halo 3 order back in mid April.

Delivery: USPS First Class (5-7 Days)

Tony has NEVER promised first class within a few days.

I live in New Britain, CT so I'm expecting to get it within 2-3 days, maybe even less. But granted the average First Class mail I've gotten from California was usually about five or six days. It depends on where you live.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's the solution. Tony needs to move to the midwest so he is only 3-5 days from everyone.

I'm not complaining per say since I have plenty of games to play right now, but in the past everything I've ordered from lionsgames has arrived in two days until now. Hopefully bioshock shows up Monday. I know none of this is Tony's fault. Just usps not having their act together.

And of course people are gonna complain about it. Bioshock is the friggin game of the year according to all the reviews its been getting. Everybody wants to be playing it. :D

[quote name='liongames']I am having a little problem understanding why people are complaining that they havent received their game yet. I think these buyers were pretty much in control of their own destiny at the time of check out. People had the option of paying just $1.50 more for shipping to upgrade to priority. I really feel you cant blame USPS or me that you havent recieved the game when the chocie for the cheapest shipping was made at the time of check out. The box at the time of checkout says 5 to 7 days for first class mail. By rights there shouldn't be a single complaint until next tuesday. Is there something i am missing here??[/QUOTE]

No but you shipped many of these games late. USPS can't deliver what they don't have. (and didn't some of the people posting dc info state acceptance was 2 pm Wednesday..towards end of the day so the games didn't go into national routing until the next day)

Why would people have an expectation that their games would arrive quickly....Numerous times you stated the games would go out on release day or potentially one day early. In the FAQ's that you have stated you looked over and thought looked good it says 3-5 days (in fact you quoted that in one post). Another post from 6/24/07

"""Liongames says
my video stores are located in conn, and that is where i ship from. it shouldn't take more then a few days to receive first class mail. Priority should really get there in two at most but is not gauranteed. we could always meet at yankee stadium and i will hand you the game in person """"

I understand you didn't get your shipment until later than you planned but that is not the consumers fault. You could have stepped up to the plate and shipped all the late games Priority. That would have been top notch customer service. (Extra cost $.60 above what people paid for 1st class shipping)

I am still willing to keep an open mind until Halo 3 release but if that goes as poorly as it appears some of the Bioshock orders did I think I will move on.

Holy cow. What's up with all this complaining?

Bottom line up front, if you wanted to play a game day one of release, you should have purchased it locally. So you bought online from Liongames for 75% of what it would have cost to purchase it from the local game store (Yes, I know Bioshock was on sale from Amazon/CC for $49.99). My two cents is that people should be able to put things into perspective and adjust their expectations accordingly.

P.S. You could have purchased the game locally and returned the copy that Liongames sent you if you were really itching to play the game.

I am definetly not complaining. Im just antsy for my game...I want to play it soo bad!!! Next time when I order from your store I know to go for the extra $1.50 route. :)

[quote name='armycamel']Holy cow. What's up with all this complaining?

Bottom line up front, if you wanted to play a game day one of release, you should have purchased it locally. So you bought online from Liongames for 75% of what it would have cost to purchase it from the local game store (Yes, I know Bioshock was on sale from Amazon/CC for $49.99). My two cents is that people should be able to put things into perspective and adjust their expectations accordingly.

P.S. You could have purchased the game locally and returned the copy that Liongames sent you if you were really itching to play the game.[/quote]

I'm totally with you on this. I never order anything online expecting to receive it on day of release or even on the next day or two. That's part and parcel of getting the best deal out there.

This is cheap ass gamer, not impatient ass gamer. But maybe that's just me. I missed out on the Bioshock deal (but I did get in on Halo 3/GTA4/Mass Effect), so I walked into Fry's on Tuesday morning and picked up Bioshock for $49.99. However, I haven't even played it yet! Securing the best price is far more important to me than having it on day one. Especially since it's difficult to even get real play time early in the week.

I noticed Tony hasnt updated the release date of GTA 4 since the delay. I wonder how many people just arent aware of the delay and are going to bitch "OMGZ GTA4?!?"

Have people lost all sense of priority? It's just a game. Go spend some time with your family and/or friends. There's got to be something more important to do than to wait around to play a game. I just can't see how it can be that important.

[quote name='sandman007']Have people lost all sense of priority? It's just a game. Go spend some time with your family and/or friends. There's got to be something more important to do than to wait around to play a game. I just can't see how it can be that important.[/quote]

YOU ARE NOT TEH HARDCOREZ!! DAMN CASUAL!

yeah I dono why the bitching either, sure the shipping takes a few days, but I'm sure tony would be more than willing to overnight it if you wanna pay for that.

or just get amazon prime, pay sixty bucks for all your games, and pay the extra five bucks to get all your games overnighted lol

did Tony send out an email over the weekend for the Halo 3 preorders? If he did, I never got one. And I can't find the remaining deposit option on the site.

[quote name='spartan789']did Tony send out an email over the weekend for the Halo 3 preorders? If he did, I never got one. And I can't find the remaining deposit option on the site.[/quote]

Halo 3's are already fully paid. I checked on a few customers who went the money order route. Thats all.

[quote name='kklems']No but you shipped many of these games late. USPS can't deliver what they don't have. (and didn't some of the people posting dc info state acceptance was 2 pm Wednesday..towards end of the day so the games didn't go into national routing until the next day)

Why would people have an expectation that their games would arrive quickly....Numerous times you stated the games would go out on release day or potentially one day early. In the FAQ's that you have stated you looked over and thought looked good it says 3-5 days (in fact you quoted that in one post). Another post from 6/24/07

"""Liongames says
my video stores are located in conn, and that is where i ship from. it shouldn't take more then a few days to receive first class mail. Priority should really get there in two at most but is not gauranteed. we could always meet at yankee stadium and i will hand you the game in person """"

I understand you didn't get your shipment until later than you planned but that is not the consumers fault. You could have stepped up to the plate and shipped all the late games Priority. That would have been top notch customer service. (Extra cost $.60 above what people paid for 1st class shipping)

I am still willing to keep an open mind until Halo 3 release but if that goes as poorly as it appears some of the Bioshock orders did I think I will move on.[/quote]

Yes most of the orders went out on wednesday by 2pm. Ups lost most of my order on tuesday. Not my customers fault and really not my fault either. If we need to blame someone we can blame Take 2 who didnt get the games out in time to allow for any mishaps. The Ups truck delivered the games at 11am on wednesday. 479 packages were mailed by 2pm. I think that is pretty dam good.

Yes I stated many times that first class is usually 3 to 5 days. This was a mistake on my part. I would think 75-90 percent of the order fits into this category but I am sure it will take some people 7 days to get their games.

I already lost about $8000 on Bioshock alone. I chalked this up to an advertising expense. either way I feel a one week delivery is truely acceptable for people who pay for first class shipping and I felt most of the order would be delivered by tuesday.

First of all I don't feel the Bioshock shipment went poorly at all. I think went off very well. We did have a bump in the road but The problem got solved on a very timely basis. I feel a large majority of the customers are very happy with their Bioshock orders. I am pretty sure I will receive Halo 3 early. Microsoft is much better then take two when it comes to street dates. I am at the mercy of the distribution channel as well as UPS and the Post Office. Those fact will never change. I feel I get the packages out the door in a very timely manner. The Bioshock delivery in my mind supports that theory. You may feel differently and I accept that. As a person I am very comfortable with the way the order went off. I know I did all I can possibly do to service the customer. I am sure I will lose customers along the way but I feel most of the customers I will lose will probably be low tolerance customers. A low tolerance customer is not a bad person, and they are still very important to me, I just have a better chance of not pleasing them.

I am quite happy with the price I paid for Bioshock, best deal around. I can wait till first class delivers it, if I wanted it enough to bitch then I would have paid the extra for priority.

I think Liongames did good with the order, they had a shipping problem which Tony was kind enough to explain. Other business would not have bothered with the explanation or the excellent cost of game.

As long as Tony shipped the products out first/priorty as was ordered/paid by customer then I really don't see what the big fuss is about. He has no control of time it takes for post office to deliver.

I will continue to support small business such as Liongames when I am able to. On the other hand, I will also look for the best bargin for my money.

On a side note, Tony decided as a business owner to offer these game deals at a loss to attract new customers. Which I think worked in most cases. Is it necessary to post how much of a loss LG incurred in this transaction of Bioshock? Not sure if posted in honesty, frustration at the complaints on shipping or a I took a loss now come buy to help me make up for it.

I hope LG has obtained some recurring customers due to the specials it has offered this summer. I for one will consider them when shopping for games in future.

Hey Tony, any idea when Stranglehold will go out? Im not in the insane, psycho rush that come of these cats are in, just curious.

Thanks for the service! BioShock is great! :bouncy:

Not that this is anyones fault or a complaint, but all you people crying be glad you don't live in the Chicago area everything here is mess, I have no idea when I will get my game if ever. Plus my gaming area was trashed by flood water. Count your blessing that you have somewhere to game and things to game with when your Bio Shock arrives I will sit starring at the box until I can get new TV, 360, and sound system, I don't even know when that will be.

[quote name='tightclaws']Not that this is anyones fault or a complaint, but all you people crying be glad you don't live in the Chicago area everything here is mess, I have no idea when I will get my game if ever. Plus my gaming area was trashed by flood water. Count your blessing that you have somewhere to game and things to game with when your Bio Shock arrives I will sit starring at the box until I can get new TV, 360, and sound system, I don't even know when that will be.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I am sorry to hear what happened!

I just wanted to chime in supporting Tony and Liongames. He was very clear with me about what was going on (I hadn't seen the link about what was happening with Bioshock and just went straight through my order and asked him when it would be shipping).

I appreciated the honesty, I paid a great price for the game, and he apparently did everything he could to service the customer. I have to give him a great deal of credit for that and I'll gladly shop with him again.

And besides, I didn't even crack the game open until the weekend. Between jobs and family committments, I wanted to make sure I could give it a big chunk of time so it didn't matter to me when I received it. However, I still think he handled the situation extremely well.

Remember, kids. It's only a game. It's not a matter of life and death or national security for you to be playing through BioShock day and date so you can brag to your friends and show off your achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back