Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for the heads up OP, I'm actually looking to buy a 3DS XL for my son so that he could play the upcoming Pokemon game. For the same price might as well get one with Pokemon theme on it.

To me this is a deal because of how limited this will be for sure. People are just bitching because it's not a deal that you can flip. I have notice lately that this site is full of kids now who would flip games just to make a buck.

^ Yeah and don't be fooled---even if this did come with a copy of the game it would most likely be pre-installed and would be $219+.

Keeping it at $199.99 is better for those that A) Aren't interested in buying the game (right away) B) Want a physical copy of the game

Yes. Hence the term "deal". If you want to speculate about price variance go play the stock market. You'll make a lot more money then you will buying and selling video games.
Deal - "Informal A sale favorable especially to the buyer; a bargain."

We all define a deal differently, but a deal does not explicitly mean a sale. Similar to how people were saying Xenoblade was a "deal", but annoying because they suspected a reprint. This is really no different.

why bundle the game when they can get your money twice?
Standard version $200

Bundled version $220

So it really only costs you $20 dollars more, but you get a retail version / don't get restricted with version (I assume blue would be Y and red would be X, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't rather have 1 color and the other game) / can get a "deal" like newegg.

Lol I really wonder if someone would buy this 3DS & not get pokemon x or y.
I own the Pikachu one and will not be getting X or Y unless they drop to $20 new.

Just curious.  Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart?  I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.

Perhaps it wasn't posted here in the Video Game Deals section because it is not a Video Game Deal.
Thank God we have a member of all of two weeks to show us all the err of our ways. I'm sure we shall all renounce our evil posting practices and repent in the fire of the CAG forum rules. Hallelujah!

Just curious. Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart? I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.
I don't think it's a Gamestop exclusive, so it should be available at all major retailers aside from Amazon.

Just curious. Anyone know if this is going to be available at all major retailers such as Best Buy, Target and/or Walmart? I'll likely go with BB but I'm likely going to GS today as a back up.
They should, though I recall the Pikachu one never coming to BestBuy. Don't recall about Animal Crossing, but I recall them having that, so it's anyones guess.

They should, though I recall the Pikachu one never coming to BestBuy. Don't recall about Animal Crossing, but I recall them having that, so it's anyones guess. 
bestbuy is toss up, i might or might now. they had the animal crossing 3ds xl, but not the pikachu, but this one should be available at all major retailers.

Thanks for the feedback.  BB is a bit in and out and it also gives me an idea about how many will be out there if it's open to most retailers.  I was very lucky to find the Pikachu one in store after Target canceled my preorder the day after it was put up on the site.

have stores started taking preorders yet?  I'm heading out tomorrow, but if preorders started I might head out today.

I'm thinking about getting the blue one (getting X and blue is darker) but red is my favorite color. I just don't want the 3DS to be bright red.

There's a PS4 thread, an Xbox thread, A Wii U special edition thread...if you don't like it don't open the thread. Or maybe go cry to Cheapy who I'm sure will be happy to remove threads like this and just throw away a bunch of money he could have had.

I'd have bought these if they weren't so similar to the 2-tone standard red and blue xls. I think I'm more relieved(that I don't feel compelled to buy one) than disappointed, why disappointed you ask? Because Nintendo has several Japan-only Pokemon xl models already(charizard, eevee, gold/black ) that are much sharper and special looking.

It's nice they're doing something though.

There's a PS4 thread, an Xbox thread, A Wii U special edition thread...if you don't like it don't open the thread. Or maybe go cry to Cheapy who I'm sure will be happy to remove threads like this and just throw away a bunch of money he could have had.
You and others are missing the point. Not opening the thread doesn't solve anything since it's still on the front page of the deals.

And you're right, all those threads exist, and none of them are really deals. I'm sure one of the main reason's they're allowed to exist is because they make money for the website via referrals. But if we're going by that logic, why not make a new thread for every new game that is released so that CAG can get as much referral money as possible?

Eh, 200$ and no game. Not sure if want, especially since I only paid 160$ for my Pikachu XL.

I was hyped for this announcement, but now im considering passing.

avoid newegg at all cost, people recently had a lot of preorder items cancelled from newegg .
what seriously? I just sent an email to gamestop to cancel my preorder since the site wouldn't do it because I saved $20 from newegg. :( what should i do? make ANOTHER order from gamestop? I wish amazon and nintendo would just make up so I could avoid all of this crap

^ Balls. I had the one I wanted in my cart at Newegg and for some reason I thought I checked out but apparently I didn't and like you said now they've pulled the listing.

Id never order from Newegg again, I preordered the Wii U Pro Controller and despite the Wii U launching, they didnt ship any until 2013, over a month and a half later. I cancelled immediately and just paid the extra cash to get it at the store.

what seriously? I just sent an email to gamestop to cancel my preorder since the site wouldn't do it because I saved $20 from newegg. :( what should i do? make ANOTHER order from gamestop? I wish amazon and nintendo would just make up so I could avoid all of this crap
i did preorder at gamestop as a backup, also be on the lookout for sites like target, walmart, bestbuy, as they might be other potential retailers to carry this.

my pre order at newegg is pending. it says once my item has arrived the status will update. thats a good thing, right? D:

my pre order at newegg is pending. it says once my item has arrived the status will update. thats a good thing, right? D:
nope, newegg is known to cancel orders at the last minute,due to issues such as insufficient inventory. LOL
aka we basically did not get any from the beginning from nintendo, but we will charge your credit card anyway in the mean time..

nope, newegg is known to cancel orders at the last minute,due to issues such as insufficient inventory. LOL
aka we basically did not get any from the beginning from nintendo, but we will charge your credit card anyway in the mean time..
oh gowd, stahp. I guess I'll just hold it out and wait for gamestop to cancel my preorder and keep on the look out for other sites and preorder a back up.

Surprised its still not up at GS instore, guess I'll check once I'm out of class tomorrow. Definitely don't have the money to order it online, wasnt expecting it 3 weeks sooner than the game....

oh gowd, stahp. I guess I'll just hold it out and wait for gamestop to cancel my preorder and keep on the look out for other sites and preorder a back up.
you should just sticky, bookmark this thread, and check daily ,or weekly for more updates on other retailers who might carry it.

this is for your quys who preordered the pikachu edition 3ds xl from gamestop last time , what is the deposit $ you have to put down for the preorder?

Standard version $200

Bundled version $220

So it really only costs you $20 dollars more, but you get a retail version / don't get restricted with version (I assume blue would be Y and red would be X, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't rather have 1 color and the other game) / can get a "deal" like newegg.
my point was nintendo is smart, why would they bundle in a free or cheap game, when they know you will buy the 3ds xl AND purchase the game full price.

It says discontinued at newegg.. did they really sell out in less than an hour? how frustrating..

Id never order from Newegg again, I preordered the Wii U Pro Controller and despite the Wii U launching, they didnt ship any until 2013, over a month and a half later. I cancelled immediately and just paid the extra cash to get it at the store.
yea that sucks but it's not like it was newegg's fault that nintendo never shipped them the controllers

bread's done
Back