Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Not really. I use it and it takes out flying types easily. The electric type cancels out bug's flying weakness.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because flying types always get one-shotted by electric attacks that I forgot what flying does against electric :lol: I barely played DPPt so I haven't been into a Pokemon game for six or seven years, admittedly there might be some type matchups I remember incorrectly @_@

My Emolga's already at 35 now, I'll just use him at the gym and if he's a failure I'll just train a Joltik like I originally planned.

[quote name='adriley313']fwbweux- u need to trade your Boldur to get Gigalith. Hes beast and i lov Smackdown on birds.[/QUOTE]

I know, I just have no plans of evolving him until I get to the Elite 4 =p

[quote name='fwbweux']

I know, I just have no plans of evolving him until I get to the Elite 4 =p[/QUOTE]

just curious as to why
there is no downside to evolving him later
its better now as he gets those good stats know and all the moves are the same at the same level.

My Gigalith is lv 31 and hes a straight beast
wiped the 4th gym leader and the next one will die the same way

[quote name='adriley313']i figured deino would help your pokedex[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, Do you want to hold on Celebi so you could get Zorua?

no prob, glad to help

my friend gave me a flawless female deino
cant wait to train it

anyone need to evolve any pokemon let me know
will be on for a couple hours helping
also can help you get Deino on ur pokedex for GTS
will breed some later for trade

i will help you out
just need ur Friendcode
mine is a couple post back

and power gem is decent
i have mine using it until rock slide and it works good
lov Smack Down the most

My FC is 5414 9361 1217. I registered your FC earlier am in the lobby waiting.

It's a Special Attack so it's better to use a Physical Attack. I plan on using Rock Blast and Smack Down to destroy the 4th gym's Emolgas. If you have a Gothita or anything Black exclusive, I'd like to get the Dex info on that to get it on GTS.

lov my gigalith too
if you want later tonite or 2moro i should have sone Gothita breed
if anyone wants one

maybe deino too

[quote name='adriley313']just curious as to why
there is no downside to evolving him later
its better now as he gets those good stats know and all the moves are the same at the same level.

My Gigalith is lv 31 and hes a straight beast
wiped the 4th gym leader and the next one will die the same way[/QUOTE]

Having powerful pokemon isn't necessary until the Elite 4. My Audino almost wiped Clay just by spamming Secret Power, for instance. One of my favorite things to do in GSC was to ditch my starter as soon as I could catch a Dunsparce in Dark Cave and main that for the whole game, haha. I'd rather take faster leveling over power at this point.

Just beat the Elite 4 + Champion finally

Zebstrika 72
Carracosta 73
Stoutland 74
Sawk 72
Hydreigon 74
Serperior 76

No one has beaten White version yet? The last thing I need to get is a Thundurus (to borrow) to get a Landarus.

[quote name='adriley313']lov my gigalith too
if you want later tonite or 2moro i should have sone Gothita breed
if anyone wants one

maybe deino too[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in a Deino, if you've got one to spare. I'd also like to evolve my Boldore; he came in very handy in the 4th gym. Friend code is 3353 3425 4154, Teri. I don't have a lot to offer up right now, though. Although I do have a spare Zoaoark, if anybody missed out on it. I could also pick up a Solosis for any psychic fans that are just getting started.

Just finished the 4th gym, about 9 hours in.

Dewott 30
Drilbur 29
Pansear 27
Watchog 22

Drilbur was a pain in the ass to train, but after it got Dig and Slash, it became an absolute beast. It pretty much solo'd the 4th gym, including one-shotting Zebstrika.

[quote name='Filler2001']

No one has beaten White version yet? The last thing I need to get is a Thundurus (to borrow) to get a Landarus.[/QUOTE]
I haven't, but I'm at the 8th gym now. If you don't find someone else before, I'll help you.

Just so everyone knows, you can't use the event Celebi more than once for the Zorua event :( Even if you trade it to a different version of the game.

[quote name='adriley313']will do some breeding tonite[/QUOTE]
*high-five*

I'm planning on finishing the Unova region pokedex tonight. Just one or two more runs through the elite four before I get the pokemon evolved that I need to complete the final entries.

Just beat the Elite 4 and
N and Ghestis
for the first time. It was pretty easy.

This was my team.
Samurott Level 55
Simisear Level 54
Musharna Level 53
Zebstrika Level 53
Archeops Level 54
Vanilluxe Level 54

Of course I used Reshiram when I got him, just replaced Musharna since she would've been totally useless on the final fight.

Starting my white game now.

Just finished the story at about 19 hours... this game is just as addicting as always, but I think this will be my last Pokemon game for a while. Kinda left me feeling "eh".

I got my sixth badge but only have 2 Pokemon over 50 (Musharna and the Pignite).

Am I screwed? The other Pokemon are low-level 30's.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I got my sixth badge but only have 2 Pokemon over 50 (Musharna and the Pignite).

Am I screwed? The other Pokemon are low-level 30's.[/QUOTE]

Not really, you just to level up 1 more and you are fine

got my 5th badge easy with dewott
at the c tower leveling up my flawless deino so i can breed it for trading
dont wanna erase any moves in the day care

and i hate victini
first time i gave up after 50 different balls were thrown
damn that lil guy

Owww yea just finished the Pokedex for the Unova region and got a sweet certificate from the game freak employee. I think I'm going to have CVS print me a large copy of it so I can hang it on my wall.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I got my sixth badge but only have 2 Pokemon over 50 (Musharna and the Pignite).

Am I screwed? The other Pokemon are low-level 30's.[/QUOTE]

I beat the E4 with 6 Pokemon in the high 40's. You're fine

Anyone else feel sad when you replace a Pokemon in your team? I dropped my Zebstrika for Joltik and now my Gigalith for Litwick. After that it will be my Conkeldurr and Archen (BTW, he kinda sucks. Can't learn fly until it evolves and his ability is awful. The majority of you picking Tirotuga were right. I'll need him against the last gym since he has Dragonbreath).

I actually feel upset, since I was raising a pokemon that I ended up replacing.

I like my Archen. I would have gone with the turtle because of the ability thting though, but I went with the water starter and having two main water types is redundant. That, and everybody was going Turtle, so I figured I'd be able to find one for trade easily enough.

Still, he's fast, strong and has great typing. The ability only becomes noticeable when playing against other players (or in 3 v 3 in game).

Been having issues connecting my ds and dSI to wifi hot spots.

I don't have wifi at home so gotta do it at a hotspot.

Anyone know of one that works for them I'm in the Lafayette Indiana area.

I've tried panera, two different starbucks, one fast food place that has wifi, a bar that has free wifi and so far I have no luck I'll get full bars with them and it doesn't work get some error message.

I've tried the 1-3 set of wifi connection things and the 4-6 ones too.

Hope to get the liberty ticket before April 10th maybe my cousin's wifi will work since it worked for my wii. too bad he's busy a lot hopefully he'll be home one of the days I can get to his house.

I'm having so much fun with this game. I'm just about to get to the 4th gym's city. I caught Victini after using 5ish balls of different types. Finally got him in a Timer Ball since my fight lasted so damn long, he was a tricky little bastard. Now that I have him, I don't even use him.

Woobat is a main in my group but I don't know what the hell to do to get him evolved. I have him holding an item, I got him a massage, I rarely let him feint in battle. All I've done was love him and he spits in my face.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Been having issues connecting my ds and dSI to wifi hot spots.

I don't have wifi at home so gotta do it at a hotspot.

Anyone know of one that works for them I'm in the Lafayette Indiana area.

I've tried panera, two different starbucks, one fast food place that has wifi, a bar that has free wifi and so far I have no luck I'll get full bars with them and it doesn't work get some error message.

I've tried the 1-3 set of wifi connection things and the 4-6 ones too.

Hope to get the liberty ticket before April 10th maybe my cousin's wifi will work since it worked for my wii. too bad he's busy a lot hopefully he'll be home one of the days I can get to his house.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are setting up online as a DSi. The regular DS wifi is a pain to set up.

I got raped by
N
. That
Reshiram
succeeded in taking all my pokemon down single-handedly.

[quote name='tcrash247']
Woobat is a main in my group but I don't know what the hell to do to get him evolved. I have him holding an item, I got him a massage, I rarely let him feint in battle. All I've done was love him and he spits in my face.[/QUOTE]

I switched him into my party pretty late (I think around the 7th or 8th gym), and he evolved pretty quickly for me. I think I got him one massage and had him carry the calm chime or whatever that item is for a few battles.

Also for my play through I did the following things to keep things interesting

1. Run away from all random encounters with a few minor exception.
2. Do not use any item. (except against elite 4)
3. Only use 3 pokemons (the 3 starters for me)

Been doing that for every game since Pearl

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I got raped by
N
. That
Reshiram
succeeded in taking all my pokemon down single-handedly.

I switched him into my party pretty late (I think around the 7th or 8th gym), and he evolved pretty quickly for me. I think I got him one massage and had him carry the calm chime or whatever that item is for a few battles.[/QUOTE]

Did you
use Fusion Bolt with Zekrom after Reshiram did Fusion Flare? It's a guarantee kill in two hits. That's how I did it and it was easy mode.

[quote name='GhostShark']Did you
use Fusion Bolt with Zekrom after Reshiram did Fusion Flare? It's a guarantee kill in two hits. That's how I did it and it was easy mode.
[/QUOTE]

I did not
use Zekrom. I don't use legendaries. I had it nearly killed at one point, but then N used a full restore.

I got lucky. I just used Ancient Power and got the wonderful All-Stat-Up bonus. Used it again and knocked it out. It's a shame about the lack of Ice weaknesses with dragons these days, but at least Rocks still work well.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I did not
use Zekrom. I don't use legendaries. I had it nearly killed at one point, but then N used a full restore.
[/QUOTE]

Since it started the fight it is still going to get experience and you have to waste a turn to sub him out. He got 4 Full Restore and will use it whenever a pokemon's health is down to red. I used
Reshiram
, but it usually dies before it can finish
Zekrom
and I just bring in someone else to finish the job. The next fight is worst

[quote name='62t']Since it started the fight it is still going to get experience and you have to waste a turn to sub him out. He got 4 Full Restore and will use it whenever a pokemon's health is down to red. I used
Reshiram
, but it usually dies before it can finish
Zekrom
and I just bring in someone else to finish the job. The next fight is worst[/QUOTE]
It's not even in my team, it won't get exp. It gives you the choice to add it to your party when you catch it, I chose not to.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
It's not even in my team, it won't get exp. It gives you the choice to add it to your party when you catch it, I chose not to.
[/QUOTE]

hmm maybe that because I wasn't using a full team

bread's done
Back