Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
I got lucky. I just used Ancient Power and got the wonderful All-Stat-Up bonus. Used it again and knocked it out. It's a shame about the lack of Ice weaknesses with dragons these days, but at least Rocks still work well.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm weird
I killed Ghestis' Hydreigon in one Ice Beam from Vanilluxe with a NeverMeltIce

Just beat the game today, I gotta say I enjoyed it from start to finish. Everything was well executed and most of the pokemon are pretty interesting. Now to finish up the unova dex, stupid roaming legendaries.

Finally got the wifi to work needed to agree to the terms of service or something like that. lol dumb me..

I love my TAIHOKUN Gyakutenkenji DSI only downside is the menu is in Japanese. Atleast I got it fixed now and coarse the global link thing is down so I couldn't mess around with that.. (Just found out it's not out till March 30th that's why..) lol

Right now I'm trying to get Zorua need to get the right nature and then I'll try victini.

I'm enjoying the game so far and just got my collector's edition guide today it's pretty nice the guide's cover is nice and it covers pretty much everything the pokedex has info on the pokemon like when they evolve, moves learned, tm moves, and egg group that the pokemon is in.

Not sure on post game info I think it lightly mentions it didn't really look for it, but ah well I'll check a forum or serebii on it.

I got it mainly for the pokedex and some of the main game listing.

One thing I'm not happy you can't get a shiny victini, zekrom, or resharem They have shiny sprites of them kinda odd. >.< I don't care to try for a shiny zekrom or resharem, but I kinda like the shiny victini.

Glad I found that out before trying to soft reset for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a random shiny in Pokemon Heart gold a week or so before the other games came out. Do you know what it was? A pidgey, a mother fucking pidgey.

I've never seen a shiny either.

I really wish the pokedex in this game showed the animated picture of pokemon from battle rather than just using the static images.

Not sure if this is against CAG rules, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have released a Pokedex app for Windows Phone 7 (yes, for all 2 of you who don't own an iPhone!). It's the only Pokedex app on the platform, so it shouldn't be hard to find (name: Pokedex Mobile).

I just submitted an update that will include move sets (including TM/HM moves), and it should be up later this week! The price will also go up from the promotional $0.99 to $2.99, so any CAG Pokemon Trainers should get it now :) (Also, as you can all tell, I'm a long time CAGer, so this isn't just some spam post from a newbie account.)

I'm constantly updating it with new features, so if you have anything to suggest, feel free to PM me or find me on my dev twitter @imaginarypocket.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've never seen a shiny either.

I really wish the pokedex in this game showed the animated picture of pokemon from battle rather than just using the static images.[/QUOTE]

I lucked out big time and my Mewtwo in SoulSilver was Shiny. It was green, but yeah, it was quite awesome.

Having a good time with this game. Story's been interesting so far, and it definitely seems like they've decided to make things less tedious for players which is definitely welcome. I've got 3 badges so far. Been experimenting with the different pokemon available to me, most of them are completely new to me since I didn't look at pokedex info online. I finally decided to look up the evolutionary requirement for pansear, and as I expected he needed a fire stone. I also notice he learns two interesting moves at 28 and 31, so I might hold off on evolving him until he learns those two, and maybe I'll just wait til he learns fire blast too.

He wasn't actually in my party, since I knew I was going to get Victini, I just stuck him in the day care to level him up and evolve him to fill out the pokedex. By the time I got back to the day care he was level 23, and had some good moves so I kept him in my party. It was at this point going back to check out the desert that I noticed the small opening in the fence on the path that leads out of that forest, I went inside and moved through the tall grass, and was surprised to see level 22-25 evolved versions of the pokemon that were in the forest. Caught the two bug pokemon's evolved forms, and grinded a bit with Pansear and Victini. Tried to level my Blitzle too, but it's defense sucks too much, decided to stick it in day care instead and come back for it when it's stronger. Noticed a blocked off entrance, figure a legendary will be hiding out in there later on, we'll see.

Completed the Battle Company building, exp. share was a welcome prize. Couldn't get into castle in the desert, so I'm going to head to beat the 4th gym leader. First I'll go pick up the Sandile I left in the day care, I need a ground type to balance my team out. He'll be able to rack up the exp against the 4th gym.

Dewott(Freckles) 27
Pansear(Flames) 26
Zorua 25
Victini(Resistini) 23
Timburr(2x4) 23
Tranquill(Peck)22

For all of you that want shinies you should grab an Action Replay, you can grab them cheap somethimes and Black/White have super easy codes to make any wild Pokemon you run into a Shiny.

I have a Shiny Victini :D

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Once you use strength on a boulder, it's permanently out of the way, right? Why couldn't they do this with cut too?[/QUOTE]

Because trees grow back :roll: ;)

[quote name='62t']the odds for a shinny is 1 in 8000 something. Never seen one and I played though several pokemon games[/QUOTE]

I only ran into 2 shinies when I played Pokemon:

Geodude (LG) - Used self-destruct immediately.
Ponyta (LG) - caught

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Once you use strength on a boulder, it's permanently out of the way, right? Why couldn't they do this with cut too?[/QUOTE]

I liked Boulder Puzzles. But Cut, yeah, that needs to go.

Stupid electromagnetic crystals.

Eh.. I've ran into quite a few shiny pokemon. I've caught them all aside from the ones that appear in the previous Safari Zones. Those things were just taunting me...

[quote name='icedrake523']Because trees grow back :roll: ;)[/QUOTE]
Last time I checked it took decades for trees to grow back, not seconds. :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']Not into cheating for my poke's, ruins the game for me.[/QUOTE]
I only cheat for the event Pokemon I can get no other way and to get shinies. Honestly, in my opinion it's stupid to make the secondary color so much harder to get in the regular game. I mean, through legit play, across all generations, I have run into 3 shinies (Pikachu, Voltorb, Bidoof), and that's probably across something like 600 hours worth of gaming! It's especially stupid considering how many of the Pokemon look a billion times more badass when they're shiny (Lookin' at you, Charizard ;)).

i have a ton of shinys through trade
but ive only seen 2 which makes them more special to me since i caught them myself and didnt trade them.

Filling up my pokedex with help from the GTS
Have 2 Deino if anyone wnats to trade later
Also Oshawott i breed with breed some Gothita's too

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Last time I checked it took decades for trees to grow back, not seconds. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Not in the Pokemon world ;)

Also, does anyone have the TMs for Energy Ball, Psychic and Flamethrower (or Overheat)? I'd like my Galvantula and Chandelure to have them when I face the Elite 4 but you can't get them until after that.

Yeah, screw chaining. I do (well, did) the RNG method with a Pika-Timer. I transferred a pokemon of mine to a hacker with Pokemon Platinum and he used it to look up my SID. With that, I've been able to figure out timings to run into and even breed shiny pokemon with stellar IVs without issue.

I was watching my freind play hg and he ran into a shiny pidgy while he was trainin in the beggining, and I was like capture him. He was like eff that pidgy, I need to train my cydaquil. XD

Anyone want to help me evolve my Boldour? I apparently need to 'trade' him to get him to his last evolved state.

My code:
1119 9550 1477

[quote name='rickyff7']Does anyone have "Rufflet"? I'll trade you for "Vullaby". PM me for friend code.[/QUOTE]

If you still need a Rufflet, I can catch one.

[quote name='icedrake523']If you still need a Rufflet, I can catch one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, still need Rufflet. Let me know that you catch one.

[quote name='Cheska19']Oooh! Is it at all possible to get a Rufflet egg?[/QUOTE]
Yes it possible, just Breed Rufflet with Female Ditto.

Was really interested in the app, but it appears it's already back up to $2.99?

Any chance of another price drop?

[quote name='zohar']Not sure if this is against CAG rules, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have released a Pokedex app for Windows Phone 7 (yes, for all 2 of you who don't own an iPhone!). It's the only Pokedex app on the platform, so it shouldn't be hard to find (name: Pokedex Mobile).

I just submitted an update that will include move sets (including TM/HM moves), and it should be up later this week! The price will also go up from the promotional $0.99 to $2.99, so any CAG Pokemon Trainers should get it now :) (Also, as you can all tell, I'm a long time CAGer, so this isn't just some spam post from a newbie account.)

I'm constantly updating it with new features, so if you have anything to suggest, feel free to PM me or find me on my dev twitter @imaginarypocket.[/QUOTE]

1) What is up with Icirrus City? My Dowsing MCHN is finding items I can't reach. There is also a item (pokeball) on top of a cliff, right in front of Dragonspiral Tower.

2) In Opelucid City, there is some dude that needs a specific pokemon that knows charge. What pokemon is that guy talking about?

3) May I borrow a Tornadus from somebody? I would like to trigger the Landorus event. I'll trade my Kyurem as collateral.

1) I believe you need to wait until winter for the snow to come down in order for you to access those areas.

2) Not sure but Blitzle knows charge

3) Once I catch the bugger I'll let you know, I'm sure someone else already here already caught it though

*SPOILER?*

2) This is what the guy says:
"I want to know the future! I am very worried... I wonder how my child, Thyme, will spend the future. I'm making a machine that connects the future and the present, but electricity is desperately short. I've heard that in another world, there's another Opelucid City that looks very futuristic. If there is a Pokemon from tthat world that knows the move Charge, the machine may work. If you're able, would you be willing to lend me a Pokemon like that?"

(I show him Blitzle and Rotom)

"I appreciate the thought, but although your Pokemon knows Charge, it's not from that other world..."

Oooooooh, yea. Show him a Blitzle from the opposite game, so black if you're playing white or vice versa.

Edit: Looks like icedrake beat me to it

Does anyone have a spare Celebi to trade? I missed out on the GS event and this is one of the few ones I need left for a complete pokedex and to catch Zorua.

[quote name='Spanky']Does anyone have a spare Celebi to trade? I missed out on the GS event and this is one of the few ones I need left for a complete pokedex and to catch Zorua.[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone would trade with you. Each Game Stop Celebi can activate the Zorua event only ONCE in its lifetime. Once you trigger the event, Celebi's status changes to: "It finally met its friend Zorua at Castelia City safely".

[quote name='Spanky']Does anyone have a spare Celebi to trade? I missed out on the GS event and this is one of the few ones I need left for a complete pokedex and to catch Zorua.[/QUOTE]

I can trade you one on a 4th gen game but not Black or White.

[quote name='popular penguin']I doubt anyone would trade with you. Each Game Stop Celebi can activate the Zorua event only ONCE in its lifetime. Once you trigger the event, Celebi's status changes to: "It finally met its friend Zorua at Castelia City safely".[/QUOTE]

I understand that but some people (like myself) take multiple carts to gamestop for such events. I always download extras in case someone missed an event pokemon and needs it.

bread's done
Back