Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

Has anyone that ordered both games have one of their games still not yet shipped? My SS still isn't shipped and yet my preordered strategy guide is now shipping soon. I wonder why Amazon would hold up my order. I preordered, so it can't be a stock issue can it?

[quote name='y2jasper']thats really...awesome? damn that sucks, i guess time to call amazon again[/QUOTE]
Of course I got a refund but :bomb: .

I really feel like I should just go back to a local store for games even though it would cost a little bit more. UPS has been very sloppy lately with delaying my packages for no valid reason and now someone just straight up yoinked my pokemanz.
It doesn't help that Amazon shipped GOW 3 late which I ordered with release date delivery (This was a first so no biggy) and I got the pleasure of speaking with the only jerk off at Amazon to ever exist 2 weeks ago (again the first and only time so meh). It's just not convenient anymore for day one crap.

This isn't the place for me to cry so I'm gonna stop now lol

Woow. I previously thought Amazon's shipping estimate date was when it would arrive. Apparently it's the day they plan on shipping it. So right now it's estimated to ship on the 19th and arrive between the 26th - 1rst. I gave in and picked up heart gold from TRU today for $40 + tax and it came with a $5 gift card. I asked the sales lady if they had the figurine. I could tell she hesitated at first but admitted they had extras and gave me one, ringing it up for 1 cent.

[quote name='USB Cable']Of course I got a refund but :bomb: .

I really feel like I should just go back to a local store for games even though it would cost a little bit more. UPS has been very sloppy lately with delaying my packages for no valid reason and now someone just straight up yoinked my pokemanz.
It doesn't help that Amazon shipped GOW 3 late which I ordered with release date delivery (This was a first so no biggy) and I got the pleasure of speaking with the only jerk off at Amazon to ever exist 2 weeks ago (again the first and only time so meh). It's just not convenient anymore for day one crap.

This isn't the place for me to cry so I'm gonna stop now lol[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but is there alot of crime in your area of New York?

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Just curious, but is there a lot of crime in your area of New York?[/QUOTE]
No where near as bad as it was when I first got to this area with gun shots every damn night. I would say my area is pretty quiet now. This is the first time this has happened to me and I know it wasn't my UPS guy. He's a pleasant grown dude that say's good morning and how do you do, which is rare now a days lol. When I was in school people bragged about how they always steal while working at UPS all the time so I'm not surprised..... I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going back to Gamestop B&M store :puke:

Short answer: Not really, but there's A LOT of shady people....

[quote name='RolePlayer']My SS still isn't shipped but my HG should be here today. Wonder why Amazon would delay certain orders so much? I ordered both at the same time. Just shove em in a package and get em to me already![/QUOTE]

Do you have Prime? I do. Maybe they're giving priority to Prime members. I ordered my SoulSilver last night and it will be here tomorrow.

[quote name='y2jasper']send them an email about it telling them how your upset at their RDD since you were supposed to get it today. it's practically a standard that they'll refund you $5 for compensation.[/QUOTE]

Every time my package was delayed or late and I contacted Amazon, I rarely received a refund. As much as I love their CS, I've constantly gotten BS about it being late, and if it isn't delivered by like 2 weeks after it shipped, they'll send another. 2 weeks. When I payed for Overnight... or got RDD.

Not like it's a regular occurrence, but I've never had such luck getting a refund.

Anyway, whining aside:

Anyone here have experience with Walmart.com's shipping? This is the first time I've ordered anything off there and the tracking thus far is horrendous. It shipped via UPS Mail Innovations (so it's basically coming USPS), but there's nothing even about receiving the package on the tracking page.

I guess it's just Amazon spoiling me that's got me worked up, but I'd really like to get the date it'll arrive so I can plan on having no life. :lol:

[quote name='NutManIV']Do you have Prime? I do. Maybe they're giving priority to Prime members. I ordered my SoulSilver last night and it will be here tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I don't have Prime. What are the Prime perks? I mean even if they give Prime members priority, why would they send me HeartGold (which came pretty quickly) and not ship SoulSilver? I mean isn't the point of pre-ordering games ahead of time to let the vendor the minimum they should order from the manufacturer? They either overlooked it, or someone isn't doing their jobs. I just don't get why they wouldn't just send both the games at the same time as they should probably have it in stock and ready to go since people are getting their SoulSilvers even ordering now.

[quote name='RolePlayer']Has anyone that ordered both games have one of their games still not yet shipped? My SS still isn't shipped and yet my preordered strategy guide is now shipping soon. I wonder why Amazon would hold up my order. I preordered, so it can't be a stock issue can it?[/QUOTE]

I got both my games in today!

As someone who hasn't graced the series since blue/red, can someone enlighten me as to why you'd buy both? Are there enough unique pokemon on each to justify that?

-_-;; Amazon just got back to me. They're backordered. What frustrates me is that I pre-ordered this at least a month ahead of time. They put a lot of people ahead of me (for SoulSilver) I guess. They made good by giving me a $5.00 promo credit. Gonna keep the order going, as it is the lowest price around. I'll see when this gets back in stock.

EDIT:
I see the problem now. They ran out of the sets of preorder packages (my HeartGold came in a sealed bag with the Nintendo logo on it that included the figure). They probably have plenty of games by themselves. Still, I guess I'll wait a few more days.

Dang, my game still hasn't shipped either and I preorder way back sometime last year when it first was available for preorder. I guess I better contact them to see what's up since I rather not wait since I don't really care too much for the figure, would be nice but I just want to play the game.

[quote name='Oceaniax']As someone who hasn't graced the series since blue/red, can someone enlighten me as to why you'd buy both? Are there enough unique pokemon on each to justify that?[/QUOTE]

Really no reason these days unless you're a super hardcore Pokemon fan who likes having all the versions. With online trading and the Global Trading System in-game, it is not terribly difficult to acquire the other version's exclusives. Only other reason would be to start a new game without erasing your old one (can only have 1 save file per cartridge), but really don't see anyone essentially buying the game twice to do that unless they are a huge fan.

[quote name='NutManIV']Do you have Prime? I do. Maybe they're giving priority to Prime members. I ordered my SoulSilver last night and it will be here tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I have Prime and ordered it a month ago. Won't get it until tomorrow, at the earliest.

[quote name='USB Cable']Oh noes! Take more bathroom breaks lol. How's that walker thingy btw? I wonder if people will actually use it in daily activates.[/QUOTE]
Pretty good. I've had it one day and dropped it twice already. I just tell myself that the condition won't matter since I'm taking it everywhere.

I think they included it just to discourage piracy. Wild pokemon in the area were lvl 5, my starter was level 8, and I get a Wobbafett (spelling) at level 15 from the walker. Overpowered much?

Mine finally is shipping soon. Weird. I guess the Amazon rep didn't really check their inventory or they just found a shipment in the warehouse. All's good and I got $5 bucks for the delay.

[quote name='Doomed']Pretty good. I've had it one day and dropped it twice already. I just tell myself that the condition won't matter since I'm taking it everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Well, as my husband pointed out to me, this thing was probably designed to be handled by children, so I would think it's somewhat resistant to damage from minor falls.

[quote name='doodofdoods']The main reason I'm getting both versions is I want to play through the game twice without overwriting my saved data.[/QUOTE]

If I had an easy way to transfer pokemon between the two games (like say a WiiWare game for $5 that was just a box for all my pokemon), then I would most likely get both. Having to rely on others to help me move pokemon around is too much hassle, and I will probably end up selling Platinum once I move over everything I want to.

[quote name='Doomed']I think they included it just to discourage piracy. Wild pokemon in the area were lvl 5, my starter was level 8, and I get a Wobbafett (spelling) at level 15 from the walker. Overpowered much?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by this? Are you saying they added the Pokéwalker as an added incentive so that pirates don't get it? Thus they might purchase the game?

[quote name='Ryukahn']If I had an easy way to transfer pokemon between the two games (like say a WiiWare game for $5 that was just a box for all my pokemon), then I would most likely get both.[/QUOTE]

This comment brings to mind how My Pokémon Ranch is only compatible with Diamond and Pearl. Considering the Japanese got support for Platinum and we didn't, I'm thinking it'll never support HeartGold and SoulSilver.

So gay.

[quote name='RolePlayer']I don't have Prime. What are the Prime perks? I mean even if they give Prime members priority, why would they send me HeartGold (which came pretty quickly) and not ship SoulSilver? I mean isn't the point of pre-ordering games ahead of time to let the vendor the minimum they should order from the manufacturer? They either overlooked it, or someone isn't doing their jobs. I just don't get why they wouldn't just send both the games at the same time as they should probably have it in stock and ready to go since people are getting their SoulSilvers even ordering now.[/QUOTE]

I think the only real perk with Prime is that you get free 2-day shipping on almost everything. I didn't even mean to get Prime, but I forgot to cancel the free trial. I think so far it's proven worth the $80 a year though.

So, I got SoulSilver for $40 and the $5 Target GiftCard for $39. Yay for pretty much the final big purchase with my Team Member discount since I've finally decided to quit.

I got the strategy guide today from Amazon. $15 isn't bad at all for it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What do you mean by this? Are you saying they added the Pokéwalker as an added incentive so that pirates don't get it? Thus they might purchase the game?[/QUOTE]

I think what they mean is that it's something that can't be pirated/copied onto a flashcart; it's something tangible that needs to be actually purchased with the game and since it isn't being sold separately, then it's the only way to get it is to purchase the game.

Even if they sold the Pokewalker separately (which I think they may do down the road), you need the actual game cartridge to connect to the Pokewalker because of the infrared.

Yep. Plus, there are some Pokemon and items that can only be obtained by using the Pokewalker. It's a great way to deter piracy, which is pretty high for DS games like this. at least it is amongst the "hardcore" gamers anyway.

[quote name='icedrake523']Even if they sold the Pokewalker separately (which I think they may do down the road), you need the actual game cartridge to connect to the Pokewalker because of the infrared.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point. I don't see Nintendo marketing the Pokewalker as a seperate thing you can buy, as it would encourage purchasing a preowned copy of the game.

Gamestop, sure.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What do you mean by this? Are you saying they added the Pokéwalker as an added incentive so that pirates don't get it? Thus they might purchase the game?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='sonderiaom']I think what they mean is that it's something that can't be pirated/copied onto a flashcart; it's something tangible that needs to be actually purchased with the game and since it isn't being sold separately, then it's the only way to get it is to purchase the game.[/QUOTE]
The anti-piracy measure is twofold:

1. Pirates can't use the Pokewalker because of the infrared sensor on the real cart.

2. The Pokewalker is purposely overpowered to encourage its use: Wobbuffet is one of the most overpowered Pokemon in the game, and being level 15 when I'm in an area with level 5 Pokemon.

God dammit. I price matched Wal-Mart the other day and now both Wally/Amazon dropped Gold by ~$1. It's not enough for me to go back and ask for but pisses me off anyways. Why the hell were the two games different prices to begin with?!

Finally got my copy of HeartGold. That figure is a LOT smaller than I expected. Oh well, my niece seems to love it so it's all good.

Still waiting for mine from amazon and it was shipped on the 13th

March 16, 2010 10:05:00 AM Hodgkins IL US Departure Scan
March 16, 2010 06:56:00 AM Hodgkins IL US Arrival Scan
March 16, 2010 02:30:00 AM Indianapolis IN US Departure Scan
March 16, 2010 01:08:00 AM Indianapolis IN US Arrival Scan
March 15, 2010 09:12:00 PM Lexington KY US Departure Scan
March 15, 2010 02:15:00 PM Lexington KY US Shipment received by carrier
March 13, 2010 02:48:51 PM Lexington KY US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I am in California btw

[quote name='prateeko']God dammit. I price matched Wal-Mart the other day and now both Wally/Amazon dropped Gold by ~$1. It's not enough for me to go back and ask for but pisses me off anyways. Why the hell were the two games different prices to begin with?![/QUOTE]

It does seem strange that sort of thing was happening. It just seems like more folks ordered SoulSilver than HeartGold, but we'll see when official numbers are released. Personally, I remember playing Gold first time around and wanted Silver this time. Always thought Lugia was cooler than Ho-oh, and besides, Psychic trumps Fire in my book.

Hmm...my copy arrived in my town at 11:00 AM. I wonder if they could find it for me if I make a trip over there after work.

(I really want this tonight!)

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']UPS is being annoying. My SS has been "out for delivery" since 8:30 this morning and it's almost 2 and no sign of the UPS guy. :([/QUOTE]

That's nothing. I had one go out for delivery at 7 AM before and the UPS guy showed up at 7:20 PM. I do feel your pain though.

[quote name='WormFOODx']That's nothing. I had one go out for delivery at 7 AM before and the UPS guy showed up at 7:20 PM. I do feel your pain though.[/QUOTE]
My UPS dude is always out at 6-7 am and gets here 8-9pm! O_O I feel both your pains lol.

Same here. It leaves for delivery 6-7am in a town pretty close by. I don't get stuff till 3-5pm. I got my Pokemon stuff and GoW III at 5:20pm yesterday.

What I like to do is order stuff that will get here Saturday since FedEx delivers it instead. It usually gets here Friday or early Saturday.

Definitely the fastest I've ever received something from Amazon. Ordered around 2:30PM yesterday, UPS dropped it off at 10AM today, so less than a 24 hour turnaround with my Prime 2-day shipping. Now just need to finish up some work so I can actually play it.

Neither is better than the other.

Exclusive to Soul Silver
Vulpix
Ninetails
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Mawile
Gulpin
Swalot
Groudon

Exclusive to Heart Gold
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcainie
Spinarak
Ariados
Gligay
Mantine
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Sableye
Baltoy
Claydol
Kyogre
Mantyke
Gliscor

The only other difference is you get Lugia first in Soul Silver at level 45 and Ho-Oh later at level 70. Vice-versa for Heart Gold.

[quote name='icedrake523']Neither is better than the other.

Exclusive to Soul Silver
Vulpix
Ninetails
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Mawile
Gulpin
Swalot
Groudon

Exclusive to Heart Gold
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcainie
Spinarak
Ariados
Gligay
Mantine
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Sableye
Baltoy
Claydol
Kyogre
Mantyke
Gliscor

The only other difference is you get Lugia first in Soul Silver at level 45 and Ho-Oh later at level 70. Vice-versa for Heart Gold.[/QUOTE]

You say neither is better, yet you post a list of SS having Vulpix. Your spoilers contradict your post, good sir.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']You say neither is better, yet you post a list of SS having Vulpix. Your spoilers contradict your post, good sir.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but did you not notice HG has Growlithe/Arcanine? That makes Vulpix null, HG is the better choice here as it is obvious :p

I ended up with SS but my favorite pokemon has always been Arcanine.

Anyone have pictures of this pack/size of these figurines? I got my bonus figures from Best Buy and am curious what Amazon's packing looks like.

bread's done
Back