Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

Damn... it...

03/17/2010 5:58 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
03/17/2010 5:09 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

What the hell could have happened? We have had clear skies for the past 4 days. I've never even herd of that status before. Does anyone know what it means? -.-

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Damn... it...

03/17/2010 5:58 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
03/17/2010 5:09 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

What the hell could have happened? We have had clear skies for the past 4 days. I've never even herd of that status before. Does anyone know what it means? -.-[/QUOTE]

Do you live in a rural area or is there a road closure, accident any of the above?

I do live in a rualish area, but the truck delivers 50 miles beyond me. There hasn't been a road closure... But I have no way to tell if the truck crashed. :/ How unlucky. @_@

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I do live in a rualish area, but the truck delivers 50 miles beyond me. There hasn't been a road closure... But I have no way to tell if the truck crashed. :/ How unlucky. @_@[/QUOTE]

I'm a ups driver and the only time I've ever used it is if I can't go down a road due to weather conditions, muddy, road construction, fires, accidents and so on. If you ever need to inquire about a package call 1-800-pick-ups or find the number to the local center.

Mine finally shipped out. It's arrival time is still set to be for the 24th though. :( I'm impatient, hurry up!

Damn it. I am officially refraining from buying from Walmart.com for any games I actually want the same week it came out.

Mine shipped Monday and the mail just arrived and no Pokemans to be found.

Drat.

[quote name='riddler']UGh. Order placed on February 6th, estimated arrival is March 26th. WTH. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

That wasn't much of a riddle...

My Walmart orders are in bullshit "processing", so I have to wait another week, but I saw two rows today in the game case at the Clinton Township Walmart, one gold, one silver.

There were 10 of each there. So, those looking out for the figure/holder/bundle that were smart enough not to order from their website should be able to find them in store even though their site says it's online only.

I swear, i've been working there 5 years and they don't tell you a thing about a thing, so sorry to those that deal with stupid associates all the time, we don't really have any heads up about anything.

I got my copy of SoulSilver from Walmart.com yesterday. Inside the box is just a regular copy of SoulSilver*, along with the figure and PokeWalker sleeve/strap. It's a nice bundle.

*It does have a sticker over the barcode that says "part of (something something)" if that kind of stuff bugs you.

Since CAG is the only community I'm part of I'll blindly ask here. Is HeartGold a good deal at 30 bucks? I'm a casual fan at best where my first game was Saphire for the GBA, put 10 hours into it and got bored. Then I played Diamond which I loved and almost beat, getting to the last Gym. This looked more like Diamond but I read its a remake of an old game so I don't know if its step backwards or not.

fucking Amazon and Walmart! They're in this price war, but they drop the price by so little I can't justify trying to get the difference back. As a CAG it excites and infuriates me!

I was at a Target last weekend and found, much to my surprise, the bonus figures in their boxes on the shelves. Both the one with silver and the one from gold. I mean it wasn't a game with a figure, it was just the figures! So I grabbed the heart gold one as my son has the silver one and tried to scan it at one of the scanners, but they were all out of order. I took it to a cashier and they tried to scan it but it didn't come up. In the end, and after lots of confusion, they said you only got that when you bought the game. Why they were out on the shelf I don't know. I wasn't ticked off - I didn't think they were supposed to be out on the shelf so I figured it would lead to mass confusion. Anyway, just a funny story I thought I'd mention.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Since CAG is the only community I'm part of I'll blindly ask here. Is HeartGold a good deal at 30 bucks? I'm a casual fan at best where my first game was Saphire for the GBA, put 10 hours into it and got bored. Then I played Diamond which I loved and almost beat, getting to the last Gym. This looked more like Diamond but I read its a remake of an old game so I don't know if its step backwards or not.[/QUOTE]

IMO Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) was the worst. Many people claim Gen 2 (Gold/Silver) to be the best. Personally I think HG/SS is much better than Gen 3 and 4.

I wanted HG when I bought SS, but went with SS because it was cheaper at the time. Then HG dropped, now HG is under 30. :(

Zohar I agree, Gen 3 is like WTF. And I don't like Gen 4 very much, so HG/SS are autowins in my book. They are awesome games.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I know I'll only play SoulSilver, but I'm tempted with HeartGold being sub-30. Must resist.[/QUOTE]

I already own SS, but I caved and bought HG yesterday just for collecting purposes. Plus I had a $10 promo from GOW3 that I didn't have any other games to spend it on..

You know you want it! :)

[quote name='zohar']IMO Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) was the worst. Many people claim Gen 2 (Gold/Silver) to be the best. Personally I think HG/SS is much better than Gen 3 and 4.[/QUOTE]

I liked Ruby more than Diamond. I liked the selection of Pokemon more and Hoenn was more diverse and expansive. Though I can see why someone would get bored due to the latter.

hmmm... to get gold or not... I have the silver with figure but haven't open. Not a huge pokemon nut, but sub $30 for collection purpose? hmmm....

[quote name='prateeko']fucking Amazon and Walmart! They're in this price war, but they drop the price by so little I can't justify trying to get the difference back. As a CAG it excites and infuriates me![/QUOTE]

Ahhh... so this is why Amazon is slowly lowering prices. I was noticing the same thing with Mario Kart (DS) and one of the Professor Layton titles. I had no idea why Amazon was just marking things down a dollar or so at a time.

Good for us if they're competing, means lower prices for us. I hope they keep doing it. Some games have gone down $6-7.

I just wonder how long it'll go on for. I'm tempted to jump in on some of these, but at the same time, I'm hoping the prices drop even lower.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Since CAG is the only community I'm part of I'll blindly ask here. Is HeartGold a good deal at 30 bucks? I'm a casual fan at best where my first game was Saphire for the GBA, put 10 hours into it and got bored. Then I played Diamond which I loved and almost beat, getting to the last Gym. This looked more like Diamond but I read its a remake of an old game so I don't know if its step backwards or not.[/QUOTE]

There's a reason they named them heart and soul. They're considered by many to be the best pokemon games. As a casual fan you'll have more to do in this game than in previous games, although one of the coolest things about G&S might not be as cool if you aren't nostalgic for the original red and blue games.

They all come with the poke walker. The software only thing is in reference to the version (preorder) that came with the figurine.

Haven't been up with the Pokemon games since the original Blue/Red, but does this require or use any of the DSi features? I only have a DS lite.

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't been up with the Pokemon games since the original Blue/Red, but does this require or use any of the DSi features? I only have a DS lite.[/QUOTE]

no DSi feature

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I'm glad I ordered yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have been watching it for days, completely ASTOUNDED it stayed @ 29.54 for so long. It's likely the CHEAPEST you'll ever find it, anywhere. Even some 5 years later, it'll still be $40 in stores! :bomb:

What bugs me is that they don't promo these games anymore. Back when Gold/Silver ORIGINALLY came out for the GBC, BB did a sale where you could buy BOTH for only $40! :drool: Dammit... that's a much sweeter deal...

[quote name='RenoVatio']Does any one have an old scan that i could use to PM heartgold at BB for 29.54?[/QUOTE]

Does BB even allow this? Is this a YMMV sort of thing? Cause I thought they matched PRINT ADS only...

[quote name='RedGamer']Question to those who have the limited edition:

Do you have a picture of the game box?

Does it state Limited Edition at all?[/QUOTE]

This is what I received in the mail from Amazon for the "limited edition"

Thanks. So really, it isn't a "limited edition" game, persay. Just a limited edition figurine in it's own seperate box shipped along with the normal game box.. a bit anticlimactic.

On that note, Figurine version is in stock on Amazon.

[quote name='paulcalypse']This is what I received in the mail from Amazon for the "limited edition"[/QUOTE]

Is that the same as what one would get with the pre-order pack Best Buy had?

HG is $29.54 right now.

I suggest jumping on it while you can. And for those wondering about the "software only," it just means it doesn't include the figurine that was available with pre-orders. The PokeWalker is always included as Nintendo doesn't sell HG/SS by themselves.

I just ordered both... doesn't really matter, ECA-20% makes it all good!

Ship Carrier: A-1 Courier Services
Destination: XXXX, MA
March 30, 2010 12:40:00 PM XXXX, MA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

So I just got tracking, and it says it shipped from the town it's supposed to be delivered to. What is this A-1 Courier thing?

Estimated delivery date of 4/1... confused.

EDIT: Eh apparently A-1 is going to not deliver my package on time, and they're gonna claim there was no answer at the door... or something, according to the Amazon forums. fuck.

bread's done
Back