Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

Amazon gets me again by putting the Heart Gold/Soul Silver strat guide in my Gold Box Deals.

orz, it wasn't even that much off, but I couldn't resist for ten bucks and a quarter.

Yeah Nintendo needs to stop this nonsense of Sunday releases. I always knew they did this but it has never affected me because I usually rent or wait on Nintendo games. If only I hadn't slipped into the grasp of Pokemon again.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Yeah Nintendo needs to stop this nonsense of Sunday releases. I always knew they did this but it has never affected me because I usually rent or wait on Nintendo games. If only I hadn't slipped into the grasp of Pokemon again.[/QUOTE]
Sunday releases are brilliant on their part

Mostly children buy their games so release the game when kids are going to be home all day

Screws up everyone who buys online though lol

[quote name='Ryukahn']Or you could do what most parents do and make their kids do their homework Friday night before they are allowed to do anything else.[/QUOTE]
but...b
-ut but... the nuke..the nuke can always solve world problems!
no exceptions!

nuke.jpg

its beautiful! :hot:

[quote name='y2jasper']WHAT! im in the same boat that i had them added to an order with RDD, but my orders still haven't shipped. i actually emailed them right before checking this topic, so hopefully i get an intelligent response back[/QUOTE]

well to update my situation, i got a reply to my email...but the person says that my order will ship out on the 14th and also be delivered on the 14...really? same day delivery on a sunday?? i don't believe it at all, but the games have moved on to "shipping soon" so atleast i will have them soon!

EDIT: just got an email at 3:45 that my games have shipped, and the est delivery is monday. man i love amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodofdoods']nerds.[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge nerd, but I never did homework on a friday unless it was due that friday, and even then I might not do it.

I decided to cancel my SoulSilver order with Amazon and get the special package Walmart is offering (a PokeWalker holder, strap, and figure all in a big box).

I already have HeartGold (JP) so I'm not in any hurry. It's only a little more than Amazon, but I like the look of the holder.

[quote name='takotchi']I decided to cancel my SoulSilver order with Amazon and get the special package Walmart is offering (a PokeWalker holder, strap, and figure all in a big box).
[/QUOTE]

Wow that strap looks cool. Now I'm torn; should I get the Walmart bundle or try and hit up TRU tomorrow for their promo? hmm.

IGN review is up. They gave it an 8.5. I laughed because they said the negatives are the same pokemon and same game. LOL that is the reason I'm buying it. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver

[quote name='icedrake523']Good thing I ordered off Amazon. My area is flooded and I probably won't be able to get out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yea I heard that the upper East coast is getting hit hard this weekend. Between that and the snow I'm sure you guys are fed up with this weather already.

Yeah. I don't really mind snow but constant rain is a pain. Doesn't help that whoever built my house was a complete idiot since it's in the worst possible location. All the water around us comes down into our yard. Even moderate rain floods our yard. Right now there's basically a big lake on part of our yard.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']Wow that strap looks cool. Now I'm torn; should I get the Walmart bundle or try and hit up TRU tomorrow for their promo? hmm.[/QUOTE]

im going to try to get to TRU tomorrow for their promo.. if i can get the entire promo i will buy the game... if I Cant get the promo then i will just pass on the game and get it used someplace later on....

will have

Spectral Force Genesis via gamefly By thursday

and

Infinite Space Via amazon on thursday

so i wont be hurt for games (and i still have the Plat game not even played yet)

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']Wow that strap looks cool. Now I'm torn; should I get the Walmart bundle or try and hit up TRU tomorrow for their promo? hmm.[/QUOTE]

After tax, buying the game @ Walmart/TRU comes to about $42 for me while Amazon has Soul Silver for $32. Personally, that bonus stuff doesn't really seem worth an extra $10 to me and I'd rather just save my money but your decision.

I bought from Walmart.com using Bing Cashback at 5%, which offsets the cost a little bit. Amazon was $34.99 with the figure, Walmart edition is ~$41 after cashback, shipped to my home (site-to-store is a huge PITA). Of course, it doesn't ship until 3/22...

Went to Target today for the $1 figures. Asked the guy, he said they were on a shelf under DS games, decided to take 10(5 of each). Oh btw it was all free.

Actually I got 4 extra sets for my brother, sister and friends who all said preordering is stupid. And one set was mine. Sorry. Maybe if someone doesn't want it.

[quote name='kudu91']Went to Target today for the $1 figures. Asked the guy, he said they were on a shelf under DS games, decided to take 10(5 of each). Oh btw it was all free.[/QUOTE]

Love the hoarding people are doing with these figures :roll:

kept my order through amazon for gold, but plan on hitting up walmart tomorrow morning for silver

also, had a $10 credit so I got the guide for $.25 after it being in my gold box.

but since we're on vacation (and I conveniently avoided the huge rain storm we're getting in jersey) it'll be good since i'll be able to play on the car ride back :)

my delivery estimate went from the 16th to the 15th, and it shipped this morning, so maybe I'll be getting it on Monday.

[quote name='icedrake523']Love the hoarding people are doing with these figures :roll:[/QUOTE]

I went to Target today and bought all the remaining figures they had (18). Can you post the same thing again for me? I didn't quite catch it the first 20 times.

[quote name='sabanoo']I went to Target today and bought all the remaining figures they had (18). Can you post the same thing again for me? I didn't quite catch it the first 20 times.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm not into being the whole being a greedy asshole thing.

[quote name='icedrake523']Sorry I'm not into being the whole being a greedy asshole thing.[/QUOTE]

Sure if someone went and bought a ton of these to resell later they're a greedy asshole. But people do that all over CAG and I definitely don't see you making a buttload of posts every time people do it elsewhere.

I'm just not sure why these freakin' pokemon figures are so special to you...

good luck selling your figures.. i dont think the plat ones went for anything ... i got some last year off a credit union auction for 1.00 each... and was the only bidder

man they are ugly little toys lol

[quote name='sabanoo']Sure if someone went and bought a ton of these to resell later they're a greedy asshole. But people do that all over CAG and I definitely don't see you making a buttload of posts every time people do it elsewhere.

I'm just not sure why these freakin' pokemon figures are so special to you...[/QUOTE]

Because if I were to go on a crusade verbally-berating every hoarder, I'd have no time to do anything else. I'm subscribed to the thread. I see assholes doing it, and I call them out on it.

[quote name='slidecage']good luck selling your figures.. i dont think the plat ones went for anything ... i got some last year off a credit union auction for 1.00 each... and was the only bidder

man they are ugly little toys lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are pretty ugly IMO but as long as I'm getting one for free with my amazon order I won't complain :)

Has anyone done a concrete check at walmart for that special bundle (pokewalker cover)? I know it says online only but last year I managed to snag one of the platinum special bundles from a local walmart

[quote name='icedrake523']Because if I were to go on a crusade verbally-berating every hoarder, I'd have no time to do anything else. I'm subscribed to the thread. I see assholes doing it, and I call them out on it.[/QUOTE]

I bought one of each and I plan on buying Silver so long as they'll price match Amazon.

I actually like how Lugia looks, well the figurine I mean. Anyways, had mine pre-ordered at Best Buy so going to get it tomorrow, though I do plan on going to Toys R Us as well and get one game there for some more goodies.

Man I have to finish up some hw and go get groceries tomorrow as well....I also want to play. Damn you decisions, damn you!

I think the best deal for Pokemon fans is TRU

To celebrate the release of HeartGold and Soul Silver selected Toys R Us stores will be holding a event called "Pokémon Demo Day". This event will take place on Sunday 14th March 10:00am to 1:00pm. During there three hours lots of irresistable freebies will be given out to promote this event and game. Be sure to be the first to arrive to avoid disappointment.
The first 50 people who buy HeartGold or SoulSilver will receive a free HGSS t-shirt, though they will only be available in youth sizes. You will also receive a free HGSS “Basics Kit” with gold and silver game cases, a black cleaning cloth with Ho-Oh and Lugia on it, and two styli featuring the two Johto legendaries. The kit costs $10.00 otherwise.​

Does anyone know if you need to have the ridiculous "rewards" card, or do you have to pre-order the game? Any other requirements? Or is it just the first 50 People?

[quote name='icedrake523']Because if I were to go on a crusade verbally-berating every hoarder, I'd have no time to do anything else. I'm subscribed to the thread. I see assholes doing it, and I call them out on it.[/QUOTE]

And that makes you not an asshole for being rude how exactly? If you choose to throw morals out at others you should most likely consider taking the moral high ground yourself.

[quote name='biledriver']And that makes you not an asshole for being rude how exactly? If you choose to throw morals out at others you should most likely consider taking the moral high ground yourself.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be called an asshole for being annoying than called one for being a greedy hoarder.

If you don't want to read my posts that call people out on it, don't read them. And if you still can't fight the urge, click my name to the left and "Ignore" in the drop down menu.

Since most everyone here is at least 17+, I find it pretty pathetic that they're going to Target and cleaning them out of their Pokemon figurines. This is going to be really popular with younger kids and if I were little, I'd want the bonus; I'd be disappointed if they didn't have anymore because some 20-year-old bought them all.

[quote name='icedrake523']Love the hoarding people are doing with these figures :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea, the Target in my neighborhood said that about 3 guys cleared them out. They said that with my 10 and 7 year old standing there.

Life lesson.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']My game and guide have shipped. Will be here the 16th.[/QUOTE]

Damn Amazon. My guide has been "preparing to ship" all day and my game hasn't changed at all. I hope it at least ships tomorrow and comes a day earlier than expected since things sometimes do.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'd rather be called an asshole for being annoying than called one for being a greedy hoarder.

If you don't want to read my posts that call people out on it, don't read them. And if you still can't fight the urge, click my name to the left and "Ignore" in the drop down menu.

Since most everyone here is at least 17+, I find it pretty pathetic that they're going to Target and cleaning them out of their Pokemon figurines. This is going to be really popular with younger kids and if I were little, I'd want the bonus; I'd be disappointed if they didn't have anymore because some 20-year-old bought them all.[/QUOTE]

How many people actually backed you up though? Its one thing to get on your soapbox and bitch, but to bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch nonstop is fucking annoying. We know how you feel, ok, good. Spread the wealth to other threads and topics about people buying up 8 copies of GOW3 UC and not on stupid garbage toys that are going to be worth about the same as your stupid fucking posts in a year. Jack shit.

[quote name='Estebon']Is the walmart one just an online exclusive. That looks kinda cool. Thinking of switching my order.[/QUOTE]
I went to my local 24-hour wal-mart; they only had the standalone copies available for $39.99. Not sure if this is true for all wal-marts, though.

Looks like I'll be picking up a copy off of Amazon later today. I had the option of getting one of the figurines from Target a week ago, but like many other people have said, I'm not really that interested in a 3 inch piece of plastic. Hopefully one more kid was able to get one as a result, though I'm sure a hoarder eventually cleaned out the store anyway.

got my copy of the game, and they threw in an extra little figure that they had (i didn't preorder) but wtf am I supposed to do with it? I read people who seem to get a whole bunch, is it worth anything? I bet I'm stuck with another crap item I don't know what to do with, like the ODST figure and the GoW2 tank...

[quote name='eminemobied12']got my copy of the game, and they threw in an extra little figure that they had (i didn't preorder) but wtf am I supposed to do with it? I read people who seem to get a whole bunch, is it worth anything? I bet I'm stuck with another crap item I don't know what to do with, like the ODST figure and the GoW2 tank...[/QUOTE]

Some people are buying alot of them, but if the Platinum figure is any indication, they won't be worth much.

[quote name='eminemobied12']got my copy of the game, and they threw in an extra little figure that they had (i didn't preorder) but wtf am I supposed to do with it? I read people who seem to get a whole bunch, is it worth anything? I bet I'm stuck with another crap item I don't know what to do with, like the ODST figure and the GoW2 tank...[/QUOTE]

stick it up your nose and go to the hospital : )

really though just put it some place and enjoy it.. or toss it in your next yard sale

Or you could give it to WORMFOODx who missed out since some guys cleared out the figurines and he wanted one for his children.

bread's done
Back