Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hm. My kids have the Platinum strategy guide and it's one gigantic thing. Weighs almost as much as my youngest son, I think. It's all in the one book, as far as I know.

BTW, did Amazon sell all of their allotment of Soul Silver? It's now showing as $70 from 3rd party sellers....[/QUOTE]

They ran out of the toys, but you can still buy the software. (and pick up the toy from Target for $1)

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hm. My kids have the Platinum strategy guide and it's one gigantic thing. Weighs almost as much as my youngest son, I think. It's all in the one book, as far as I know.[/quote]

I meant DP. Just so used to typing DPPt I did it out of habit.

BTW, did Amazon sell all of their allotment of Soul Silver? It's now showing as $70 from 3rd party sellers....
They're probably out of the Lugia figurines. You can still buy the game (all copies come with a Pokewalker).

I get this when I try to preorder: " Estimated delivery date for this item: March 18, 2010 - March 22, 2010". Is that right? I thought it came out on Sunday, so wouldn't I get it on Monday?
I also don't have release date shipping like others are saying in this thread. :/

Unless the item has Release Date Guarantee, if you choose the FSSS, the estimated delivery date is going to be a very conservative estimate.

Considering that the official release is Sunday, then amazon will ship it Monday.
With Free Delivery, your item may be knocking at your door Wednesday (Tuesday if you are lucky) the earliest.

Now if Amazon ships it Friday, your item will come Monday(if you are lucky or near an amazon warehouse) or Tuesday.
That is how it works for me at least. Most new items that i order from Amazon leave their New Castle, De warehouse and i live in New Jersey.

I really do not know how Amazon is going to respond, but hopefully amazon ships it Friday for fastest shipment. Some people here are confused, free delivery services do not work on Saturdays or Sundays. Unless you paid them, UPS will not deliver an item and hand it to you on Saturday.
Regular or Free Delivery services only work Monday - Friday.

Also i do not know what kind of shipment you all chose. Considering this is CAG, none of you chose Expedited as it costs more :D.
So yeah, it depends on the location you are, their warehouse and, of course, Amazon shipment policy.

I have Prime so I'm doing 2-day shipping. I want it the day it comes out but I don't mind saving ~$8 and waiting a couple days.

If you really want it, go pick it up at GameStop on Sunday. When your Amazon copy comes, return that. And no, it's not return fraud.

[quote name='cRodz']Considering that the official release is Sunday, then amazon will ship it Monday.
With Free Delivery, your item may be knocking at your door Wednesday (Tuesday if you are lucky) the earliest.

Now if Amazon ships it Friday, your item will come Monday(if you are lucky or near an amazon warehouse) or Tuesday.
That is how it works for me at least. Most new items that i order from Amazon leave their New Castle, De warehouse and i live in New Jersey.

I really do not know how Amazon is going to respond, but hopefully amazon ships it Friday for fastest shipment. Some people here are confused, free delivery services do not work on Saturdays or Sundays. Unless you paid them, UPS will not deliver an item and hand it to you on Saturday.
Regular or Free Delivery services only work Monday - Friday.

Also i do not know what kind of shipment you all chose. Considering this is CAG, none of you chose Expedited as it costs more :D.
So yeah, it depends on the location you are, their warehouse and, of course, Amazon shipment policy.[/QUOTE]

cool another NJ CAG :) do you ever get over excited when you check tracking and see the game has arrived in Newark...and then realize its only Newark, DE?

also more on target, i'm feeling a little more confident that amazon will ship the game on friday, because recently i had called them about something with my preorder, and as she was looking over my order i'm pretty sure i heard her say "ok set to be shipped on march 12..." and that would be the friday before it's released.

[quote name='y2jasper']cool another NJ CAG :) do you ever get over excited when you check tracking and see the game has arrived in Newark...and then realize its only Newark, DE?

also more on target, i'm feeling a little more confident that amazon will ship the game on friday, because recently i had called them about something with my preorder, and as she was looking over my order i'm pretty sure i heard her say "ok set to be shipped on march 12..." and that would be the friday before it's released.[/QUOTE]
Delaware!!!!! :hot:
A few times i have seen it on Newark, DE.

I swear most of the times i check the tracking and it says: New Castle, De. Out For Delivery.
An hour later or two, the UPS man rings my bell.
What the hell!
Nowadays, i dont bother with the tracking. i realize that it will be straight two-day shipping. One time a blu-ray arrived the next day. i :whistle2:#'d hard.
I love amazon. :D

But Yeah, make sense for Amazon to ship it Friday. More happy customers. :)

So, I pre-ordered Soul Silver from Amazon now too. Ill just do the whole buy and return at Gamestop. So I'm picking up both HG and SS, plus the strategy guides. Silver/Gold/Crystal were my absolutely favorites back in the day, and Im very happy they re-made them.

^ Uh....do we have to follow through with our order afterwards, or can we literally walk out with a figure for $1 and never buy our copy there? I might preorder SoulSilver for a friend then on Amazon and get him the figure from Target, since I think he wanted one. I've only put off ordering on Amazon since the figure has been OOS.

Personally, HeartGold for me though, need Kyogre for Rain team :lol:

[quote name='ithebigc']^ Uh....do we have to follow through with our order afterwards, or can we literally walk out with a figure for $1 and never buy our copy there? I might preorder SoulSilver for a friend then on Amazon and get him the figure from Target, since I think he wanted one. I've only put off ordering on Amazon since the figure has been OOS.

Personally, HeartGold for me though, need Kyogre for Rain team :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was able to purchase the figurines for $1 a piece with no commitment to follow through.

You just pick up the dollar reservation card, take it to the counter and ask for the figurines. I picked up one of each.

If you do follow through with the reservation and pick it up within a week of release you get a $5 Target GC with purchase.

The only crappy thing is your $1 from the reservation card is not credited towards your purchase.

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to be getting more of the figurines in because I don't want to have to pre-order at Gamestop, I want to go through Amazon.

Quick question... I just bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum. I've also never played a Pokemon game before. Should I just play the Platinum version and do the two new ones offer anything that would be important to me as a new player? I also get the impression... maybe wrongly that the new ones are basically the same as Platinum. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Platinum is going to score you a shiny Pichu and a Jirachi right now.[/QUOTE]

the pichu offer is over now

i guess i'll order it off of Amazon; I'm not interested in the figurine so it doesn't really matter to me if I get it or not. I guess I can stand to wait a couple of days, not like I'm gonna die or anything lol.

so quick question. my amazon order looks like this:

should i be worried that there isn't any delivery estimate yet? i mean it says RDD (although i don't really believe it) and that everything will ship as soon as they become available..but i feel like it should have dates for the pokemon games by now...

[quote name='62t']the pichu offer is over now[/QUOTE]

They put Pichu up to download online, good through the 23rd iirc.

[quote name='m00p2000']Quick question... I just bought a copy of Pokemon Platinum. I've also never played a Pokemon game before. Should I just play the Platinum version and do the two new ones offer anything that would be important to me as a new player? I also get the impression... maybe wrongly that the new ones are basically the same as Platinum. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Important if you're planning on playing Pokemon competitively. HGSS offers Pokemon that were not available in Platinum, like Kyogre and Groundon. HGSS are also set to receive downloadable Pokemon like Mew and Celebi. Also, HGSS introduce a few new game mechanics, such as items that now affect breeding. There's a whole lot of deep stuff that I don't think you'll get, but http://serebii.net/index2.shtml is basically your source for all Pokemon matters. You can read up on basically all the HGSS changes under the Video Games tab on the left side of the page.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']They put Pichu up to download online, good through the 23rd iirc.[/QUOTE]

How did you find this out? Nintendo does a poor job releasing this info.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']They put Pichu up to download online, good through the 23rd iirc.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was only in Europe. I believe its over for the US.

I really hope Amazon is nice and ships it Friday so we get it Monday or even Tuesday. I don't want to wait until Wednesday. But I don't want to pay $40+tax either. Damn your Sunday release dates, Nintendo!

Does anyone think that the figurines will end up being rare/hold up some valua? Particularly the Lugia figurine, considering that version is selling out more, and all the stores that already have the figurines are OOS on that one.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Does anyone think that the figurines will end up being rare/hold up some valua? Particularly the Lugia figurine, considering that version is selling out more, and all the stores that already have the figurines are OOS on that one.[/QUOTE]
the figure were OOS for the other games too. Anyway the bonus for Pearl/Diamond arent rare at all

So, for those that wondered and didn't check serebii.net, the Pichu Wifi event is for Americans, Europeans and Australians on the WiFi Connection... So I guess it is just downloaded under the Mystery Gift option on the main menu but "receive from Wifi" instead of "Wireless" like it is at GameStop. It only works if you haven't already received it though...

I am seriously debating spending the $1 on the reservation at Target for that Lugia figure. XD I see no point in buying both versions unless Nintendo offered them at a steep discount if you got both (like $50 for both but only one PokeWalker or something.. then I would bite) As it is, at least one of my friends is definitely getting SoulSilver so I shall just stick with HeartGold and trade the exclusives back and forth. It is easy to trade for a reason.

[quote name='darkchild81']I thought that was only in Europe. I believe its over for the US.[/QUOTE]

I was able to download it yesterday after reading this and I'm here in the US.

[quote name='Saraquael']I was able to download it yesterday after reading this and I'm here in the US.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this as I just got the Pichu. Thank you so much for this info!!! :hot:

EDIT: You can always check serebii.net for the latest info about wifi events for pokemon. IMO, it's probably the best and most informative pokemon gaming website around.

EDIT: Haha thanks ManoruNohakkyou. I have it booked marked so I guess I forgot it was .net.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MisterFleX']You can always check serebii.com for the latest info about wifi events for pokemon. IMO, it's probably the best and most informative pokemon gaming website around.[/QUOTE]

better make that serebii.net as the .com is so NOT the way to go. Ads etc on the .com and probably a bunch of re-directs if you click any link on it. ;)

Is anyone getting the strategy guide with the game? It looks like there will be 2 versions- one on release day then another a month later. Which one are you getting?

The one coming out on release is the main campaign. The second one is post-E4 and the pokedex. They did it for Diamond and Pearl.

I'm just getting the former. I have the DP pokedex guide and rarely ever referred to it.

[quote name='schopaia']Is anyone getting the strategy guide with the game? It looks like there will be 2 versions- one on release day then another a month later. Which one are you getting?[/QUOTE]

Got both after both popped up in my Gold Box a day after I ordered HeartGold. I don't really care for the guide itself, since I can get basically all of the info off serebii but I like to have something physical anyways so I don't have to constantly have my laptop on as I play. Guides for Pokemon are not essential at all since it's one of the games where you can't lose, but w/e. Also, I'm expecting some good art since the artwork for ALL the Pokemon in the 2nd generation of Pokemon (#151 - 251) was redone.

I'm picking up the main guide as well, for $12 I couldn't resist. I also have the DP pokedex, post E4 guide and like another poster said, I never referred to it either.

can wait until they got on sale... Did the target trick (picked up 2 preorder tickets and got the 2 figures) probally wont pick up the ames.. so i got the figures for 1.00 each

that and i think

Infinite Space comes out next week

[quote name='schopaia']Is anyone getting the strategy guide with the game? It looks like there will be 2 versions- one on release day then another a month later. Which one are you getting?[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm getting the main guide as well since it was $11.

[quote name='slidecage']can wait until they got on sale... Did the target trick (picked up 2 preorder tickets and got the 2 figures) probally wont pick up the ames.. so i got the figures for 1.00 each

that and i think

Infinite Space comes out next week[/QUOTE]

Now someone who wants the game and figure will miss out. Lovely.

Not really, since the figures are just a pre-order item. Why would someone miss out on it. When they pre-order the game you get the figure, if you don't, you won't get it. I don't see how someone will lose out on him doing that.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Not really, since the figures are just a pre-order item. Why would someone miss out on it. When they pre-order the game you get the figure, if you don't, you won't get it. I don't see how someone will lose out on him doing that.[/QUOTE]

Because they don't have an infinite stock of figures and maybe somebody will come in sometime this week and want to pre-order and get the figure and game?

Honestly though, this pre-order bonus has been going on for awhile and I wouldn't feel bad for anybody who didn't get a figure at target. This has been going on for, what, 2 weeks?

My Target has lots of copies of the figures. Can't wait to pick this up at TRu but does anyone know if they hve the figures too as Amazon apparently doesn't have them any more.

I might try the Target trick today after my classes and meetings are over. I preordered gold from amazon though with FSSS. Not in such a rush to play it since I also preordered FF13 and GOW3. But here's hoping to them shipping it right away so that I can play between classes when I get back from New Orleans.

[quote name='icedrake523']Now someone who wants the game and figure will miss out. Lovely.[/QUOTE]

doubtful cause they had 6 boxes loaded with them

Though i might pick one up on the fence right now ..

If anyone ends up getting the soulsilver version with Lugia figure and doesnt really want it send me a PM and Ill paypal you for it.

Im getting the gold version with the bird figure. Im not real huge on pokemon but I do have the other pre order figures and like to have both the new ones to go with them.

bread's done
Back