Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

[quote name='slidecage']i still got pokemon plat i havent even played no reason to grab this[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is: every Pokemon had their movelists updated.

It's basically Platinum 2.0.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Actually, there is: every Pokemon had their movelists updated.

It's basically Platinum 2.0.[/QUOTE]
Platinum 2.0 with less gen 4 pokemon and more gen 2 pokemon and towns....and...
LUGIA up on that bitch!

fucking sold!

[quote name='Tsukento']If Platinum's guide was considered "The Bible," then HG/SS' guide is The New Testament.[/QUOTE]

I hardly ever buy guides, but I found the Platinum guide at Half Price Books, and it is excellent. Platinum was the first Pokemon game I ever bought, but I think I am going to jump on SoulSilver.

A 41 year old Pokemon fan, who'd-a-thunk-it? :lol:

I really can't wait for these games.

I remember how bad I wanted Gold and Silver as a kid when I saw the japanese screens online.

Bought both games on Day 1 at Toysrus when I was younger and will be buying both of these off Amazon on day 1 as well :)

After all these years, the rabid pokemaniac inside me has calmed drastically, yet I keep returning these games. The only reason not to play is because of your "image", if you are concerned about that type of thing. But the gameplay stays addictive and they add enough improvements with every new version that you've gotta get this one over the last one. I myself would feel a little silly walking around with the poke-walker thing clipped onto me, but for kids? This has gotta be the coolest thing since the Pocket Pikachu (remember those things?). I know if I was 9 right now I would be blowing my load over this game.

And Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Totodile to boot? Sauce!!!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I've never owned
pokeman game ever. Is this a good way to start?[/QUOTE]

I hope you aren't serious. You have been deprived, to say the least.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Get out.[/QUOTE]

this made me lol harder than anything i've seen on the internet for a while

also i missed out on the original gold and silver games so this is a great deal in my eyes

[quote name='unopepito06']After all these years, the rabid pokemaniac inside me has calmed drastically, yet I keep returning these games. The only reason not to play is because of your "image", if you are concerned about that type of thing. But the gameplay stays addictive and they add enough improvements with every new version that you've gotta get this one over the last one. I myself would feel a little silly walking around with the poke-walker thing clipped onto me, but for kids? This has gotta be the coolest thing since the Pocket Pikachu (remember those things?). I know if I was 9 right now I would be blowing my load over this game.

And Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Totodile to boot? Sauce!!![/QUOTE]

I had a Pocket pikachu when I was younger. Those things were awesome!

I'm so tempted to pull the trigger. I finally finished up Diamond this morning at work with 127 hours logged (had the game since 07)...not sure if I'm ready to do it all over again though.

I even have my Gold/Silver/Crystal games for the GBC around here somewhere...that was a good Christmas. :bouncy:

I played Gold when it first came out and loved it. I'm hesitant about getting this but maybe my younger brother could get a good deal of fun out of it since he's never played the original. I'll prob wait for more of a price drop. 35 seems a bit much, especially since I have no use for the figurine.

[quote name='animeomega']I played Gold when it first came out and loved it. I'm hesitant about getting this but maybe my younger brother could get a good deal of fun out of it since he's never played the original. I'll prob wait for more of a price drop. 35 seems a bit much, especially since I have no use for the figurine.[/QUOTE]

The figurine doesn't really have a use for anyone, but come on! It's a figurine!! If is full of fun just standing still!

:p

I see this price as the best we are going to get for this game for a long long time. I'm positive that HG/SS will be the most successful Pokémon game for DS ever. The MSRP is $40, and I've never seen a Pokémon game discounted in a store by more than a couple of dollars. I mean, Diamond and Pearl have been out for ages and they are still selling for $35 give or take a couple of dollars. I don't know why I even play Pokémon if I'm a CAG, doesn't seem to go with my cheapness, haha.

I just preordered HeartGold and went and proudly told my friends. I'm a college student who'll be 23 in less than a month and they all think I'm nuts. They're also all considering ordering their own copies as well. Glad to see that my friends are all as nuts as I am :D

[quote name='mortalgroove']A 41 year old Pokemon fan, who'd-a-thunk-it? :lol:[/QUOTE]

32 year old Pokemon fan here myself. I had the original red and pikachu yellow for the monochrome Gameboy and it took my two daughters to get me back into it. Now I have 3 of these preordered for a 32yr old, 10yr old, and 7 yr old! My wife pretends not to know me..... a lot.

I remember years ago when the first Gold/Silver games came out. My brother and I picked them up at Toysrus and booted them at the same time in our living room. We didn't stop playing till we beat the first three gyms. Awesome times.

Nothing will ever beat the experience of playing Blue (my favorite game ever), but I can't wait to revisit the glory days.

I like how I'm certain I played the Gold version years ago, but that I don't have the fondness everyone else had. Maybe it would have been more memorable had I had other Pokemaniacs to play with.

The only Nintendo games that are over $29.99 MSRP are ones like Zelda/Pokemon and the older games like NSMB and Mario Kart. Unless you go to Gamestop of course, they charge $5 extra for tons of stuff.

Pre-ordered Soul Silver from amazon for the awesome Lugia Figure. It won't ship until March 19th, but that's cool since I'll be playing Heart Gold before either of the games are officially released >:p.

I'm gonna see if I can get this thing to show up in my gold box. If so, then I might just jump on SoulSilver. Hopefully this price doesn't go up for any reason.

I think that's the normal price for guides on Amazon. I ordered mine a few weeks ago when I ordered SS. I always buy the Pokemon guides. Though I'll pass on the Pokedex this time.

Yeah, great price for the guide. I ordered SoulSilver and the guide. I never buy Game Guides, except for Pokemon and for Animal Crossing. Pokemon, obviously, is crazy complex, and as for AC, well, the inventory and tracking of fish, insects, and so forth is just pretty important.

I was just wondering what the advantage of these guides are over using sites like serebii.net? What is the general consensus from everyone? Worth $15?

If you know your way around serebii, there's no advantage whatsoever getting the guide. Serebii includes every single thing, including stuff like IVs, EVs, basically, the finer points of competitive Pokemon battling which are stuff that I don't think the official guide includes.

That being said, not everyone battles competitively and for them, a physical guide is worth it. Sure beats looking on the computer for everything when playing on your DS.

[quote name='ithebigc']If you know your way around serebii, there's no advantage whatsoever getting the guide. Serebii includes every single thing, including stuff like IVs, EVs, basically, the finer points of competitive Pokemon battling which are stuff that I don't think the official guide includes.

That being said, not everyone battles competitively and for them, a physical guide is worth it. Sure beats looking on the computer for everything when playing on your DS.[/QUOTE]

True, i do use serebii as well, but just thought some people might like the guide too.

[quote name='icedrake523']Does Serebii have maps of an area with every item marked, every trainer and their pokemon, and what pokemon are in the area?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it does. They call it pokearth, haha. I can remember being on the bus wanting to play Pokemon, but i didn't have the information i needed, because I didn't have access to Serebii. This book would have solved that issue!

[quote name='artego']I'm actually planning to dig out my old Pokemon Silver guide and see if it's still holds up. :D[/QUOTE]
Yes it does; I did this myself. It holds up for 99% of the main quest because HG/SS is a nano-sized upgrade from the originals. The number of differences from New Bark Town to Mt. Silver, as far as the main quest goes, can literally be counted on one hand.

[quote name='iGen']Yes it does; I did this myself. It holds up for 99% of the main quest because HG/SS is a nano-sized upgrade from the originals. The number of differences from New Bark Town to Mt. Silver, as far as the main quest goes, can literally be counted on one hand.[/QUOTE]

Oh man if this is true, then i won't need to get the new guide, my old one from the GBC days is still sitting on my bookshelf. Awesome :D

[quote name='Nohbdy']It's out on a Sunday, like any other major Nintendo release.[/QUOTE]

see i'm hoping to be surprised by amazon with my order. i had them add both games to another order i had (mass effect 2) that already had release day delivery, so they were automatically set as RDD too. i still didn't expect to get the game until the next day, monday the 15th, but the other day i called amazon about the order, and i'm almost positive i heard her say "ok looks like it's set to be shipped out on the 12th..." which would be friday...so i might just get it on saturday :D

[quote name='y2jasper']see i'm hoping to be surprised by amazon with my order. i had them add both games to another order i had (mass effect 2) that already had release day delivery, so they were automatically set as RDD too. i still didn't expect to get the game until the next day, monday the 15th, but the other day i called amazon about the order, and i'm almost positive i heard her say "ok looks like it's set to be shipped out on the 12th..." which would be friday...so i might just get it on saturday :D[/QUOTE]

UPS only delivers special packages on Saturdays, RDD probably won't be covered under that.

[quote name='WhiteLens']Lawl, SoulSilver became "sold-out" how did that happen?[/QUOTE]

Just the limited edition is out of stock. If you don't care about the figure, the regular SoulSilver is still available.

bread's done
Back