Pokemon X and Y Announced!

[quote name='SaraAB']
IMO a legendary becomes less "legendary" when there are many of them to capture, when there was one or 2 legendary pokemon it felt really special when you finally captured it, however now its fairly mundane and just means you will have more longer battles to get through to get the legendary pokemon.[/QUOTE]Actually, they changed the catch rates in Gen V so the Legendaries are far easier to catch. Caught Victini with a Great Ball (though to be fair, that was made much easier than normal) and only took 10 Ultra Balls to catch Kyurem.

We managed to get a Bug-type Legendary, a pure Flying-type Legendary, and an actual good Ice-type Legendary last Gen, so I am hoping for a Poison-type and a Ghost-type Legendary this time around. Also hoping for more unique type combinations like we got in$Unova.

[quote name='guinaevere']iwata-san... for the love of all mankind, please speak faster! the release on pokemon.com was slower than sitting in class on the last day of school.[/QUOTE]To be fair the trip down memory lane was quite enjoyable :lol:

I think the pinnacle of the series was Ruby & Sapphire for me, because I spent so much time playing those games, however this will be different for everyone and is basically based on nostalgia. Diamond and Pearl were really cool as well at the beginning BEFORE the GTS became filled with nothing but ridiculous trades.

You forgot Jirachi in Gen III. Registeel in Gen IV needs to be changed to Regigigas. Also forgot Cresselia, Manaphy, and Phione in Gen IV. Missing Meloetta in Gen V.

So, that actually puts Gen IV over Gen V when comparing number of legendary Pokemon. Gen IV really over did it with the whole "God" and "creation" concept.

Ah, sorry about that. I knew I was forgetting some. It's difficult to remember them all considering there are 649 Pokemon. ._. I didn't even remember Cresselia at all. I wonder how many they are going to add this Gen. I'm hoping they focus on adding in normal Pokemon over so many Legendaries. Legendaries, for the most part, are considered Uber in the meta-game (at least by Smogon rules).

They also need to change up the game and make special attackers worth using again. Yes, they have their use, but look at the top teams from last years' WC. Almost all of the teams consisted of physical attackers. Garchomp is still beyond broken, though he does have his counters, if few.

Hopefully they buff poison Pokemon as well. For example: http://pokemondb.net/type/poison

Grass, fighting, poison and bug are not effective against them; ground and psychic are super-effective against them. That is a problem. So many Pokemon can learn ground moves now and with these users being some of the strongest at the moment... Yeah, they can easily be countered. The only poison types seen in competitive play are Scizor, Forretress, and maybe Heracross, depending on what type of team you're going for.

Anyway, it would be cool if they revisit some of the old Pokemon and give them evolutions and/or baby forms. I want to be able to level a Dusparce and know that it can be useful. :l

Edit: I haven't seen any fan art. Have any links to your favorites? :eek:

I don't bother with the meta game anymore but the fact that legendaries are not able to be used in competitive play definitely makes them less legendary. I basically have no one to play with locally and online everyone just hacks the perfect Pokemon so putting effort into raising an elite Pokemon seems very pointless. There aren't any local tournaments or anything like that. So now a legendary is basically there for bragging rights, aka oh look I caught It, but now everyone catches them so IMO its just another Pokemon. i remember it was really special when you caught one of the 3 roaming dogs, aka suicune, raikou or entei but now it's just not special at all.

I was thinking another reason for so many legendaries was for new players and to help them get through the game but most legendaries are available after you get through the main game.

[quote name='Luxuria']Ah, sorry about that. I knew I was forgetting some. It's difficult to remember them all considering there are 649 Pokemon. ._. I didn't even remember Cresselia at all. I wonder how many they are going to add this Gen. I'm hoping they focus on adding in normal Pokemon over so many Legendaries. Legendaries, for the most part, are considered Uber in the meta-game (at least by Smogon rules).

They also need to change up the game and make special attackers worth using again. Yes, they have their use, but look at the top teams from last years' WC. Almost all of the teams consisted of physical attackers. Garchomp is still beyond broken, though he does have his counters, if few.

Hopefully they buff poison Pokemon as well. For example: http://pokemondb.net/type/poison

Grass, fighting, poison and bug are not effective against them; ground and psychic are super-effective against them. That is a problem. So many Pokemon can learn ground moves now and with these users being some of the strongest at the moment... Yeah, they can easily be countered. The only poison types seen in competitive play are Scizor, Forretress, and maybe Heracross, depending on what type of team you're going for.

Anyway, it would be cool if they revisit some of the old Pokemon and give them evolutions and/or baby forms. I want to be able to level a Dusparce and know that it can be useful. :l

Edit: I haven't seen any fan art. Have any links to your favorites? :eek:[/QUOTE]

http://www.dorkly.com/article/48852/theres-already-a-bunch-of-pokemon-x-y-fanart

[quote name='SaraAB'] i remember it was really special when you caught one of the 3 roaming dogs, aka suicune, raikou or entei but now it's just not special at all.[/QUOTE]That's because people tend to save their Master Balls for them. And Cressalia is much easier to catch than Mesprit.

They added more roamers in Gen IV but kept it to just Tornadus/Thundurus in Gen V. Hopefully this Generation will be the first since Gen I not to have any roamers at all.

I also wonder if they will incorporate more Gen III Pokemon in the game since all the new DS systems have left the GBA behind. Kind of like how Colosseum had a ton of Johto Pokemon for Gen III.

I am definitely getting Y, I like the red legendary. Its listed on Gamestop's website already so I am guessing they are taking preorders now even though its not necessary to reserve this early, however I need to keep up my streak of being the first customer at my local Gamestop store to preorder Pokemon games every time!

New Eevee evolution:

the_eeveelutions_by_tails19950-d5ldsr6.png

Ninfia.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Yea, that thing doesn't have the simple grace of the other Eeveelutions. If it didn't have the scarves or bows, it would fit in more.

What typing is it? It looks Psychic or Normal, which are already taken. Dragon, maybe?

[quote name='DNukem170']Yea, that thing doesn't have the simple grace of the other Eeveelutions. If it didn't have the scarves or bows, it would fit in more.

What typing is it? It looks Psychic or Normal, which are already taken. Dragon, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think the eyes are what throw it off the most. Its eyes don't fit with the others.

So completely random, but I just got my wife a 3ds (and am waiting for another sale to get my own) and want to start playing pokemon again. Haven't played since I guess generation 2 at this point.

Thus far I've gotten HeartGold, black, white 2, black 2. I'll be playing whatever I get, I'm just wondering if its worth picking up SoulSilver, white, diamond/pearl/platinum. I have pre-orders paid for X and Y already so this topic makes me feel good about my purchase decision.

I would pick up Platinum, because it is worth it to see that generation (4, I think?) and Platinum is the best game from that generation. The others you can skip unless your hardcore player or fan of the series and have to have all the games.

If you can find Emerald for cheap, it would be a decent pickup, but you already have the best games from the past few gens (sans Platinum).

Also, if you have a GameCube/Wii, I strongley encourage Pokemon XD.

I actually didn't enjoy XD: Gale of Darkness, because they built it up as a "true 3D Pokemon game" and what I got wasn't even close. It was fun at times, but it got awfully boring about halfway through. If you can find it cheap (which I am sure you can) then yeah, get it, but don't expect too much.

Don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I am disappointed that they are messing with Mewtwo. He had a complete story from beginning to end and I really liked it. Now it looks like they are going back and changing some of that because Mewtwo looks younger in that video than the first movie.

BTW, Dogasu read the first chapter of the manga adaptation of the new movie and apparently no allusions are made to the first movie at all.

More info and 4 new Pokemon have been revealed.

corocoro5131.jpg

First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech
The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity
The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Flame Charge
The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark which lowers the opponents stats and causes the user to switch out

Better written article here

I like that you can customize your own PC. Yayakoma will likely be the new Pidgey. The new Pokedex looks...interesting.

they need to stop with these two versions. and make it town based. that way you still have the full game. but still make choices.

[quote name='timesplitt']they need to stop with these two versions. and make it town based. that way you still have the full game. but still make choices.[/QUOTE]

How am I supposed to buy both versions if there's only one?

[quote name='timesplitt']they need to stop with these two versions. and make it town based. that way you still have the full game. but still make choices.[/QUOTE]

How am I supposed to get both versions, and abuse trading to start with all three starters?

When the current formula stops making gazillions of money, they may do that.

Though at least the differences are more pronounced than the original GameBoy days.

[quote name='Gden']How am I supposed to get both versions, and abuse trading to start with all three starters?[/QUOTE]

:applause:
I had always wanted to do that but had never done it until I got Black and White 2 and got all 2 starters right away.

So they pretty much confirmed a new type, too. Sylveon is strong against ice, weak against poison, and is NOT a steel or fighting type.

I guess Nintendo figured they already had at least one really good representative for each type so it is time to introduce some more.

Oh, and yay for Poison-types getting some use.

A bunch of new art for the game:

Kalos Region Map
kalos_region_map.jpg

Luminose City
lumiose_city_scene.jpg

lumiose_city_art.jpg

The new Pokédex
new_pokedex.jpg

Box art
xxpackshot3dukv.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zYaW1ntMDV.jpg

xypackshot3dukv.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UFjinHetRW.jpg

bread's done