Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Looks like I'll be getting Pokemon Y =P.

Haven't been excited for a Pokemon game in a while, so many changes, can't wait to play it.

Do you think they will have a bundle containing both pokemon y and x? Or does pokemon games always sold individually? Would be awesome to have a bundle/ collectors edition with a different box art.

[quote name='dvgamer']Looks like I'll be getting Pokemon Y =P.

Haven't been excited for a Pokemon game in a while, so many changes, can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]
Pokemon Y for me also. :) I'm not sure why but Yveltal reminds me of groudon from pokemon ruby.

No, there will not be a bundle. Nintendo guarenteed these games to be the best-selling 3DS games ever just by announcing them.

Also, Fletchling (the little bird) knows Flame Charge and the grassy goat is named Gogoat (guess why?). The other 2 Pokemon are Helioptile (the electric iguana thing) and Pancham (the panda).

More screens and a link to the trailer here.

I'm trying to resist buying a 3DS just for this, but I'm probably going to fail. Hell, the only reason I even bought a DS was for Diamond. I just hope they release the all-black Japanese XL in NA since I hate the colors available now.

[quote name='DNukem170']o_O Is there a difference between the all-black XL in Japan and the all-black XL in the US?[/QUOTE]

There is no all-black XL in NA. Theres a regular 3DS thats all-black, but not an XL. As far as I know the only colors available in the US (aside from special editions like the Pikachu XL) are blue, red, and pink.

It would seem the new (18th, I think?) Pokemans type is Fairy and that includes Slyveon, Jigglypuff, Gardevoir and several more. They look to be strong against Dragons (no idea why, Dragons are incredibly weak as is) and weak against poison (just a guess on my part). 

New announcements were posted in CoroCoro comics. A Basic-stage lion Pokemon (Fire/Normal) and a flower Pokemon (Fairy). Also the two pre-evolutions of the Vivillon introduced yesterday and a number of early NPCs, including the first Gym Leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Pokemon X & Y 3DS XL Bundles have been announced for Japan:

pokemonxy_3dsxl.jpg

pkmn_gold.jpg

The special 3DS XL system will cost 22,000 yen and will come with a 4GB SDHC card, as well as a copy of either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Also included will be the six AR cards that 3DS systems come with. It will be available on October 12th.

It would seem the new (18th, I think?) Pokemans type is Fairy and that includes Slyveon, Jigglypuff, Gardevoir and several more. They look to be strong against Dragons (no idea why, Dragons are incredibly weak as is) and weak against poison (just a guess on my part).
Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't dragons probably the strongest type in the game? Theyre weak against ice and other dragons? I skipped black and white. Unless they added weaknesses. I thought they were most used competitively because of their high sp. Ark, limited weaknesses, and in many but not all cases pretty high tier speed

Not many pure dragons are used in the meta game anymore because they are incredibly weak. Only half Dragon types are used like Latios and Latias. Plus, most pro players use Trick Room so that nullifies the insane amount speed they have.

Dragons are statistically the strongest type out there (hence why they are usually the psuedo-Legendaries), but many of them are 4x weak to Ice-types and most teams carry Water-types with Ice Beam.

That doesn't mean Dragons are weak. There's a reason people despise Ghestis' Hydreigon and Cynthia's Garchomp. Hell, you can beat 90% of Platinum with just Gible and its evolutions.

Think those XLs will make it stateside? Will definitely be upgrading if so
I don't think the gold one will, it is a pokemon center limited sort of thing similar to the charizard xl. I will be happy if the blue one comes over to the US since I prefer that one anyways.

Which one should be better? Any suggestions? I'm new to Pokemon. I pre-ordered X because it seems to be more popular. But I like the pokemon that comes with Y a bit better than X. Would that be the only reason to get either/or X or Y?

It's personal preferance. The basic story is usually the exact same. Last Gen had different designs on one of the Gyms and one area specific city, but much of the games are the same. White and Black 2 sold the most, but that's mainly because of everybody and their grandma fawning over Zekrom.

It's personal preferance. The basic story is usually the exact same. Last Gen had different designs on one of the Gyms and one area specific city, but much of the games are the same. White and Black 2 sold the most, but that's mainly because of everybody and their grandma fawning over Zekrom.
I had looked it up online to make sure I didn't need both and seen that most of the game is the same. I guess I'll wait and see if any other info comes out before release but from the looks of it right now I might switch mine to Y.

A crap ton of info got released.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon%2C_Gym_Leaders%2C_Team_Flare_surface_in_CoroCoro

- Xerneas and Yvetal's typing, special attacks, and Abilities are revealed. Xerneas kills people with rainbows.
- Several new Pokemon, including a Dark/Psychic one.
- Bad guys are called Team Flare.
- Miracle Trades and Happy Sign are two new features, probably building off of the Live Caster from Gen V.
- New Prof is named Platane.
- New Gym Leaders are called Zakuro (who's into sports) and Citron (who is an inventor).

Nice, I like the idea of a dark/psychic even if I'm not entirely sold on the design of the pokemon. Just now awaiting confirmation on a 3DS XL here and I will be super hyped

Who knows if we in the states will see this, but UK retailer GAME has revealed their pre-order bonus for X & Y:

2JErp.jpg

Hopefully they won't be Gamestop only. When they did the HG/SS figures, they gave mine away to some random kid who showed up at open and didn't pre-order. Ended up having to get it off of eBay.

That would be an interesting pre-order bonus, I'd say. I have both the Ho-oh and Lugia from Gamestop (and I only reserved Silver!) and the Girantina that came with Platinum. 

I was gonna say, this feels a bit too much like a Digivolution or something.

Also not really sure what the point of it is, aside from the obvious.

Don't you mean MetalDragonite, or Wardragonite?  Or even SaintDragonite

Reveal trailer for the new Mega versions as well as some other new Pokemon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

Here's an article I pulled from Siliconera describing the Mega Evolutions better:

The Pokémon Company has shared new information regarding the Mega Evolutions in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Mega Evolutions are transformations that certain Pokémon can undergo during battles in the games. Additionally, once the battle ends, the Pokémon will return to its regular form.

An item required for Mega Evolutions is the Mega Stone. These are special stones that exist for all Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. Mega Stones are unique to each Pokémon, too—for example, Lucario uses the Lucarionite Mega Stone. Different Pokémon will see different effects from Mega Evolution. Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario will see their looks and stats increase. Others will change their abilities and element-type.

One Mega Stone in particular, Blazikenite, will not be found in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. This stone will be made available via a special limited time Wi-Fi distribution, where you’ll get a Torchic holding a Blazikenite Mega Stone. The distribution will begin alongside the launch of the two games on October 12th.
It also seems there's going to a new form of Pokemon training in the game called Super Training.

I may be out of the loop, but has it been revealed what the biggest differences will be between X & Y? Aside from the obvious exclusive pokemon. iIirc Black had a city and White a forest so something along those lines.

bread's done
Back