Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Does anyone know how StreetPass works if you have both Pokemon x and y and play them on the same console and set them both up for StreetPass, I was just wondering if they would conflict with one another. Or would it be better for me to just set one up for StreetPass, because I plan on buying and playing both games.

MegaGarchomp is so dumb. He really didn't need that form. :l It looks awesome, but with people regularly running Tyranitar, almost every team is going to have both of them now because of the Mega's ability.

MegaGarchomp is so dumb. He really didn't need that form. :l It looks awesome, but with people regularly running Tyranitar, almost every team is going to have both of them now because of the Mega's ability.
It was confirmed that every fully evolved Pokemon can MegaEvolve. I am curious how it will be used on crappy non-evolvers like Dunsparce, Quilfish, and Luvdisc.

Surprise announcement this coming Monday at 8 am PDT - http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_surprise_announcement_this_Monday

The interesting thing is that this is NA-only. Anything game-related will be announced from Japan, any pre-order bonuses would be announced by the retailer, a new game wouldn't be announced so soon to X/Y, and the Genesect movie has already been announced for NA.

Please don't disappoint TPC...
And the big surprise announcement is....a code hunt.

*sigh* I should have known better.

EDIT: I find it amusing that Emerald was knocked off the Adventures wallpaper.

Also, the Season 1 ringtone is lazy as hell. They just used the first half of the TV version, sound effects and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
weak.

the alerts are pretty cool. Used the squirtle alert as a notification and it scared the heck out of my 2 months old.

I firmly believe that pokemon is best on handheld, but I really won't mind to have it on wii u with similar graphics...

New Overview Trailer (currently only in Japanese):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TotwurUNRdI

And Japanese commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CodWvxn_9Ik

Which of course are better than our commercials so far lol.

I'm actually happy they're not focusing on it that much, but apparently there's going to be little to no 3D in the games other than certain cinematics and battle scenes.

I'm actually happy they're not focusing on it that much, but apparently there's going to be little to no 3D in the games other than certain cinematics and battle scenes.
Good. I rarely use the 3D on my 3DS. All it does is make my battery drain faster.

I did play Zelda with it and a lot of Mario Kart, but hell no 3D is just as good really. I just got it to play the new games.

Definitely cause of the 2DS, and probably because a lot of kids will be playing this game. Also because this is a game that you play in long sessions. I don't really care as I have never even used the 3D on my 3DS, I don't really need another headache and more battery drain on this system is definitely not a good thing. It is a game that doesn't really need 3D, unlike a platformer where I assume the 3D is more useful.

With the 2DS out I would expect to see more games with limited 3D in the future, especially titles targeted at kids.

Other news announced. No Gen VI will have a MegaEvolution and if you capture a Pokemon, any of your Pokemon that took part of the battle will now gain EXP like a normal battle.

Also, the anime looks pretty cool. One scene has Ash, Pikachu, and a Froakie battling a possessed Garchomp atop a skyscraper.

Well, I'm miffed there are no decent preorder bonuses.  I'll pass on the Gamestop poster.  I'm surprised that Amazon or BBY aren't having anything.

Meet the evolved form of Honedge, Doublade:

923390_409455612509722_1681189407_n.png

Pocket Monsters: The Origin has been confirmed to air in the US. TPCI will be putting up Pokemon Origins on their website and TV app on November 15th

I have one preordered at GameStop and one at Target, I have a question about the target one, where do you get the pins everyone is talking about, I assume you get them when you pick up the game, as they aren't anywhere to be seen at my store. Also even if a ton of people come in for this game on Sat. Morning do you think target will run out of copies? I know my Target has run out of order cards several times and restocked them. Does target keep at least one copy for each reserve card sold? I assume when a card is sold it tells the system how many games to stock based on how many cards are sold. The GS one I am not worried about as I had it ordered as soon as it went into their system and if they don't get enough stock for preorders then that is very sad and this will be the last game I order from them.

So excited for this game got the red 3dsXL. :D Once screen protector comes I'll apply it on.

So far I've done good job on remaining spoiler free so experiencing it like that will be fun..

I've been bitten by the Pokemon bug again.  I haven't played a mainline Pokemon since Diamond released (Google says that was back in 2007) but I picked up Black 2 and White 2 about a month ago and already have about 60 hours in White 2.  I already beat the Elite Four once and have been trying to level up my Join Avenue.  I'm using Black 2 just to get to the point where I can trade so I can download the current legendary at Gamestop whenever I'm near one, trade it to White 2, reset Black 2 and repeat.  Then about 2 weeks ago I picked up Black 1 and White 1 and currently have 8 hours and 5 badges on Black 1. I'm not sure how much longer I'll play it since it's so familiar.  I'll probably do the legendary transfer with White 1 but I'm kind of lazy about that at the moment.

I've also pre-ordered X and Y for $52 shipped (thank you Kmart for your generous coupon and raining of reward points) thinking I'll keep one. Now I'm thinking about either getting one of the 3DS XL X/Y systems or getting a 2DS just so I can trade between myself.  I may just wait till Black Friday if I do go the route of getting another system. I also may just use the $30 eShop credit from the recent SMT IV/Fire Emblem promo towards one of the games if I don't get X/Y on release day.  I was thinking about saving it for the new Ace Attorney but I'd rather have a physical cartridge for that since I have all the other AA games released in the US on cart. Since Ducktales is getting a physical release now, I'm hoping the same for AA5.

This is totally irrational for me since I'm been trying to limit my spending and working on my backlog in anticipation for the PS4.  I've barely touched GTA V as well because of this current addiction. I may also hold off on Batman Arkham Origins and CoD Ghosts because they're so close to X/Y.

I think I need help.

Fire team for life. I'm running a Fennekin/Charmander/Torchic composition from the start. Let's see how long that'll last.

Erm, why exactly do you need a gazillion Dialga?
No particular reason. Just a way to get some use out of the carts I'm not gonna be completing. I also transfer over the starter Pokemon without using them (they're at level 6 after the required battles at the start) to use in X/Y. Though from what I've read, Pokemon Bank won't be available until later after launch?

I also forgot I'll most likely get the X/Y guide as well. I just hope the 50% off guides coupon from signing up from the Best Buy Gamer's Club program comes before the release date.

For the last month or so, when it comes to Pokemon I haven't been thinking rationally. Originally I was going to wait till X/Y dropped and play those. But I spotted Black 2 and White 2 for $30 during the recent Blockbuster B1G1 free used sale. Then I grabbed Black 1/White 1/Animal Crossing Wild World for $39 during the recent Best Buy B2G1 free sale. I was supposed to be saving up for a PS4 and working on my backlog.

If you use pokemon bank when it comes out you won't need a second 3DS, even if it costs a little money yearly, it would take a long time to equal the cost of a second 3DS.

As for trading between x/y I probably won't be doing that for a while so I will just wait for poke bank,I could borrow my cousins 3DS for a transfer as well but I would have very limited access to that and putting my cart in his 3DS would probably screw up my cart since I assume the cart will be heavily tied to the system.

Only pokemon i'm moving from black 2 to Y is Gin my shiny Zorua.. Going to have him on my team.. I have B/B2 W/W2 so have 4 of each shiny legendary. I tried for shiny dialga so many times, but gave up.. I have four extra to have I already have those carts so might as well get extra gifts.. I actually will have 5 shiny giratina one extra from the giratina I got from platinum I think I resetted for months!

So far only pokemon from X/Y I know are two legendary, mega mewtwo, some panda from someone's avatar, and starters first and their second evo.. Been hard to dodge spoilers.. Had get my friend to check for the starter evo and save the pic on my pc. lol

So far I'm liking fennekin and froakie.. so going with Fennekin on Y and Froakie on X.. Coarse getting chespin to my Y by trading from X before I start with Froakie..

I really need that darn feebass pokemon never seem to get lucky and catch it.

Well apparently stores in Canada and Italy have made the game available for purchase. Screenshots already showing up on reddit so if you want to spoil things that's probably the best place to go.

So, Charizard has a 2nd MegaEvolution as well. MegaCharizard X is black with blue flames and is finally a Dragon-type.

...I really hope all the MegaEvolutions aren't version-specific. I can understand Mewtwo, being a Legendary and all, but even regular Pokemon getting different Mega forms is just too much.

So, Charizard has a 2nd MegaEvolution as well. MegaCharizard X is black with blue flames and is finally a Dragon-type.

...I really hope all the MegaEvolutions aren't version-specific. I can understand Mewtwo, being a Legendary and all, but even regular Pokemon getting different Mega forms is just too much.
I can understand them doing it with the really popular Pokemon, like Charizard and Mewtwo. And I could also see the first gen starters that you get to pick from having different Mega forms for each game too.

What I'm kind of curious to know now though, is can I have the X-version of Mega Charizard on my Y-version of Pokemon if it and it's Mega Stone are traded to me?

And here's the video for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WFoT9oGtfc

It looks like there is only going to be 1 guide instead of it being split up into two volumes like previous generations. Amazon doesn't show another version on the way.

Two new Pokemon:

Aromatisse

425px-Aromatisse.png

Aromatisse is the Fragrance Pokémon and has the ability Healer. It can exude various smells, ranging from a pleasant fragrance to a repugnant odor used in combat.
Slurpuff

529px-Slurpuff.png

Slurpuff is the evolved form of Swirlix and is a Meringue Pokémon with the ability Sweet Veil. It has a sense of smell over one hundred million times as strong as humans

I am going to go out on a limb and say Aromatisse will learn Sweet Scent and Aronethetapy while Slurpuff will learn Odor Slueth.

bread's done
Back