Polarizing Figure: Olivia Munn

I've watched her on The Daily Show and I just had to change the channel. She seemed a bit out of place to me and was just not that funny. She may have improved a bit since then but she is not my favorite correspondent on that show.

[quote name='dorino']She's famous for her looks as she dances around in a giant pie dressed as a french maid.

There's a difference.[/QUOTE]

Kevin was also in a 'french maid' outfit and he was also in the pie...just saying.

[quote name='SynGamer']Kevin was also in a 'french maid' outfit and he was also in the pie...just saying.[/QUOTE]

yeah but olivia made that combo work. kevin just made it creepy.......the moment she starts to get full of herself and referring to herself in the 3rd person then he deerves to be hated on but from what i see she knows shes not all that and is just taking advantage of he opportuniies given to her.

are a number of them due to her looks yeah but if you have it you might as well use it before its gone. as far as her killing g4 that was done well before she came on board just before the merger and well after.

You guys are really going to hate me when you find out how handsome I am.

Then she started sucking on hot dogs. Sigh.
Yet when Joey Chestnut does it you applaud... you sexist SOB.

This thread reminds me of the first time Khan showed up in King of the Hill, and everyone assumed Hank was a racist for not liking him.
IMO it's more like that episode where his knee-less dad shows up and complains about petty things. BA-ZING!

[quote name='eastshore4']You guys are really going to hate me when you find out how handsome I am.
[/quote]

We'll love you unconditionally then.

[quote name='Proper use of: ']
BA-ZING![/QUOTE]

I think she's good on AOTS, haven't seen her Daily Show appearances yet.

As far as AOTS host combos go, I'd say...

Kevin/Alison
Hardwick/Alison
Kevin/Olivia

Angie Greenup and Chobot weren't bad hosts either.

Considering we don't even get G4 on our cable here(Comcast garbage)without buying into the HD tier at $90+ a month and I can't stand The Daily Show, I was like 'WHO?' when I saw the title of the thread.

Now I know.....but that still doesn't mean I'm gonna subject myself to The Daily Show just to catch some eye candy.:roll:

Yeah the daily show is just a buncha libtards. fuck em.

cereally, her 1st segment about the ethnic correspondent shit was pretty funny, but not because of her. she did a good job in her 2nd segment interviewing the batshit AZ dude.

i'm not sure how the interviews work, so i dunno if she was responsible for all those good questions. i never cared before though, so to be fair im not gonna give a shit now.

hopefully she'll do more interviews, i think thats where her forte will be.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I kinda miss Layla Kayleigh for her chest.[/QUOTE]

shes on abdc now.chest is still fabulous. the chick i miss the most from g4 is diane mizota man she was smokin and she didnt always wear a bra..........

So Sorry, Very Sorry, Extremely Sorry. To Much Type Derp...

I have no problem with Olivia... I get her weird ass humor on AOTS and I never considered her hot, just decent. This year's AOTS has had some pretty bad moments though and her E3 2010 appearance was kind of extremely painful to watch.... O_O I've also seen her new gig on The Daily Show and I'm not a fan so I changed the channel. It's still early so maybe she'll find a groove but if she doesn't oh well. I can't muster up the deep hatred that some people have for her though based on a T.V show and some magazine covers.

I get why some woman would wine about her because no dur she was hired to be the sexy tech girl for "nerds" to Mass Debate to and chicks are trying to get pass the whole "object" thing and yes there's other reasons blah blah blah. I can also see why dudes can get annoyed by her but I half feel sorry for her.... The whole internet hates her and it's kind of like high school where 25% of the people don't even know why, they just do because everyone else does. They all just want her blood with a side on bacon.

Hopefully she gets a gig that really fits her or some normal job somewhere or becomes a serial killer and kills some haters to set a precedent lol.

As you can see I have a problem with typing way to much crap and I'm not sure it even makes sense, I'm sorry :cry: Please pm me if you want to tell me to fuck off or to eat a scrotum before I over type again. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!

[quote name='VipFREAK']I prefer her and Chris Hardwick much better on AOTS.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The show is awesome with them, with Kevin and Olivia it just seems they tried too hard to be funny while with Alison and Chris it was natural.

[quote name='Thongsy']Agreed. The show is awesome with them, with Kevin and Olivia it just seems they tried too hard to be funny while with Alison and Chris it was natural.[/QUOTE]

Nah... it seems like they had a "thing", it didn't work out, now it's a brother and sis relationship with some thrown in awkward moments. They just "get by".

Hardwick is just generally funny or a cool guy and Haislip is generally nice to look at, does well speaking and can be funny at times. They both work well as you said though together.

[quote name='elwood731']Nope, just being realistic. Ever wonder why so many young men have so much hate for women they've never met? Why should anyone care about Olivia Munn? She's nobody to me. Whether she gets acting gigs or not doesn't affect my life in anyway. Why would anyone be mad at her?

Because she might ruin a show they like? has that ever happened? Has one person ever managed to ruin a show, movie, etc.? Usually one person gets blamed for a series of missteps by writers, directors, and producers, but I can't think of a single instance of one person alone ruining an entire production. Even Keanu Reeves (not a particularly great actor) manages to keep turning up in great films and not ruining them.

So why the hate for her? If you don't think it has to do with resentment towards her because she's an attractive woman, you're kidding yourself.[/QUOTE]
jar_jar_binks_large1.jpg

shes great on attack of the show, but idk about the daily show. oh well, guess will have to wait and see.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering we don't even get G4 on our cable here(Comcast garbage)without buying into the HD tier at $90+ a month[/QUOTE]
Get DirecTV if you can; they're honestly the best deal out there right now with all their promos. They'll lock you in for two years, but it's still cheaper than Comcast after the first year.

[quote name='Jodou']Get DirecTV if you can; they're honestly the best deal out there right now with all their promos. They'll lock you in for two years, but it's still cheaper than Comcast after the first year.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what I did when I moved recently (couldn't get DirecTV at my prior place).

Pay $41.99 a month for the first year for the Digital Plus package with HD and HD-DVR. HD is free for life if you do auto bill pay, DVR is $7 a month. Get Starz and Showtime for free for 3 months. Goes up to $70.99 the second year. Still cheaper than Comcast after first year, though I always was able to get Comcast to extend promos by calling and threatening to leave.

I think some of you guys miss something. I have nothing against Olivia but she is not smart, she is not talented, and her cheesecake segments are a waste of time.

I hate the guys who sold out the old Tech TV, that channel had some integrity. It all started when Leo Laporte got replaced by Morgan Webb. Then Morgan Webb lost her it-girl status to Olivia Munn. The way this is going, I suspect that Olivia is going to get replaced by a Realdoll.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Morgan is a girl... ?

I do miss the old TechTV channel...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. All the guys have internet shows but it really isn't the same.

I also miss the days when a cable channel's theme meant something. Now it's all reality shows, paranormal investigations, and gonzo wrestling.

It was more rhetorical. I know she's a girl but... She's all kinds of irritating more than she is anything else. She doesn't make me think female either.

For years growing up, my best friend had cable and we only had crappy free tv. I remember the first time asking him/seeing "Cable" tv and it was just crap on a bigger scale. I didn't get why he paid for crap, especially when it had even MORE commercials than free crap tv. I dunno.

[quote name='camoor']
It all started when Leo Laporte got replaced by Morgan Webb. [/QUOTE]

Replaced or had a cheap sex change to become ?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea cause she looks like a 30 year old man.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea cause she looks like a 30 year old man.[/QUOTE]
I always thought Morgan looked like a Dinosaur, but not in a cool way.

[quote name='Jodou']Get DirecTV if you can; they're honestly the best deal out there right now with all their promos. They'll lock you in for two years, but it's still cheaper than Comcast after the first year.[/QUOTE]
We've been considering it actually, since they're pushing for ANOTHER rate increase here. Considering they're the only cable company around this area it's either pay their jacked up rate for basic cable($67 as of now:whistle2:#), go to satellite or go to using one of those digital convertor boxes to get the over the air stations only.

With the rate Comcast is stripping away channels from the basic, non digital cable lineup we may have no choice but to go to satellite sooner than later.

[quote name='nbballard']I always thought Morgan looked like a Dinosaur, but not in a cool way.[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol:

If I put quotes in my signature I'd put this.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering we don't even get G4 on our cable here(Comcast garbage)without buying into the HD tier at $90+ a month and I can't stand The Daily Show, I was like 'WHO?' when I saw the title of the thread.

Now I know.....but that still doesn't mean I'm gonna subject myself to The Daily Show just to catch some eye candy.:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's really sad and shortsighted on Comcast's part as they own G4. It should be on every package they offer.

Munn's acting is shit. Her stupid skit about spies on the daily show was unbearable

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']We've been considering it actually, since they're pushing for ANOTHER rate increase here. Considering they're the only cable company around this area it's either pay their jacked up rate for basic cable($67 as of now:whistle2:#), go to satellite or go to using one of those digital convertor boxes to get the over the air stations only.

With the rate Comcast is stripping away channels from the basic, non digital cable lineup we may have no choice but to go to satellite sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Yes, go with sat. We have Dish network and I doubt very much that we'll ever go back to Comcast. But to be fair we do have WOW and Uverse to choose from also.

Thinking of Olivia Munn as an actress or a comedian is like thinking of a pickle as the only thing on a sandwich. Think about it. Putting only a pickle on a sandwich is possible, but there's no doubt there are many more, better options. The pickle can be there as an extra, but playing a role so big is just not the best idea.

Olivia Munn got where she is because of her looks and the fact that she seems like she could possibly be in the "nerdy" community and because of that, the nerds seem to like her a bit more then an "outsider" that tries to act like she is one of that group.

Personally, I don't think you can compare real actresses but still extremely hot people like Zooey D. with somebody like Olivia Munn. Maybe Megan Fox and Olivia Munn can be on the same level though, because they got at the high leve they are at because everyone thinks they're so hot.

I guess we'll see what happens when that NBC sitcom she's on debuts in the winter. It seems interesting, though not on the level of my favorite shows like How I Met Your Mother or Chuck.

Also +1 on Chobot. I'm sure IGN is glad they kept her since by her own admission her early video work for them was rough.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I guess we'll see what happens when that NBC sitcom she's on debuts in the winter. It seems interesting, though not on the level of my favorite shows like How I Met Your Mother or Chuck.

Also +1 on Chobot. I'm sure IGN is glad they kept her since by her own admission her early video work for them was rough.[/QUOTE]

She's having a show on NBC? Man, looks can get you faaaaaaar.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']She's having a show on NBC? Man, looks can get you faaaaaaar.[/QUOTE]
But she looks like a man...

Olivia Man.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I guess we'll see what happens when that NBC sitcom she's on debuts in the winter. It seems interesting, though not on the level of my favorite shows like How I Met Your Mother or Chuck.

Also +1 on Chobot. I'm sure IGN is glad they kept her since by her own admission her early video work for them was rough.[/QUOTE]

wow shes getting her own show????expect someone to get fired after that thing debuts.

Can't stand Munn; I never really cared for Jenny McCarthy back in the day, so why would I want to watch some less-talented woman completely ripping her schtick?

[quote name='olde_english']Can't stand Munn; I never really cared for Jenny McCarthy back in the day, so why would I want to watch some less-talented woman completely ripping her schtick?[/QUOTE]

Damn, less talented than Jenny McCarthy???
I'm not sure anyone deserves that.

The show's called Perfect Couples. It follows 3 young couples in I assume LA/California. One of the girls from that Philadelphia show on FX is in it and also the girl who played the lesbian FBI agent from Flash Forward (although not a lesbian this time.) If you go into the free tv section on the PSN Video Store, there's a 6-minute preview of that show, and 5 other new NBC shows.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...---star-olivia-munn-gives-us-the-details.html

Munn is also guest-staring in Chuck this season. She's going to be in the Nerd Herd, I'm guessing a role similar to what Kristen Kruek had last year.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The show's called Perfect Couples. It follows 3 young couples in I assume LA/California. One of the girls from that Philadelphia show on FX is in it and also the girl who played the lesbian FBI agent from Flash Forward (although not a lesbian this time.) If you go into the Comic Con section on the PSN Video Store, there's a 6-minute preview of that show, and 5 other new NBC shows.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...---star-olivia-munn-gives-us-the-details.html

Munn is also guest-staring in Chuck this season. She's going to be in the Nerd Herd, I'm guessing a role similar to what Kristen Kruek had last year.[/QUOTE]

They are grasping at straws with Munn and there's little chance she will survive through the season. "Follows 3 young couples"....sounds EXCITING! THRILLING! STUNNING! :rofl: They are trying to get Munn probably off star power (even though IMO she isn't exactly a massive star), but talent/an actually decent show does mean something.

Olivia will last a couple shows off her looks alone (she better wear a lot of cleavage if she plans on making it past the debut show!), but not much longer then that.

[quote name='camoor']I think some of you guys miss something. I have nothing against Olivia but she is not smart, she is not talented, and her cheesecake segments are a waste of time.

I hate the guys who sold out the old Tech TV, that channel had some integrity. It all started when Leo Laporte got replaced by Morgan Webb. Then Morgan Webb lost her it-girl status to Olivia Munn. The way this is going, I suspect that Olivia is going to get replaced by a Realdoll.[/QUOTE]

Umm Leo didn't get replaced by Morgan. Once she got popular they moved her over to the rebranded XPlay. I don't think she even ever guest hosted The Screen Savers or Attack of the Show. Remember Olivia didn't start on AOTS until Sarah Lane left, and that was almost a year after AOTS started from the ashes of TSS and also after Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht were canned.

With Leo it was contract dispute/he saw the writing on the wall when Comcast took over. It worked out for everyone, although I wish a Tekzilla/TSS type of show was still on TV, because lots of people don't know about Revision 3.

bread's done
Back