Portal 2 - Questions And Co-Op Team-Up Thread

Since there's already this thread... Will be looking for someone to play thru the co-op campaign w/ me sometime after tomorrow (finishing the SP today >.

Anyone know how to unlink a Steam account from their PSN ID? I linked the wrong PSN account and I'm not sure we'll be able to play ANY Steam games simultaneously, even if I'm playing Portal 2 and my bro on PC is playing Team Fortress 2 or something.

Yea I've also noticed when you log-in on the ps3, it kicks you off on the PC. Quite frankly if that's the case, I'd prefer to unlink it and only play it offline on ps3.

[quote name='Oaxan']Johnathan is downloading the free PC copy right now, we'll know if it works when it gets done, note that I did make a dummy account like I said previously.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I did it this way:

Logged into MY PSN account on a buddy's PS3; linked my Steam account to my PSN account, and then went back to redeem the code and download the copy on my PC.
Logged out of my PSN, and into my buddy's PSN, created him a new Steam account at attached them.

We've been able to play co-op just fine with each other, and different people with no issues. Not sure how/if you can unlink anything yet.

Nice way to do it, Halfbent.

Good to see tons on my friends's list playing. Feeling a bit under the weather, so I didn't play too much. Loved what I saw though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The only caveat to the free PC copy is that you have to have played it on a PS3 with your PSN id, so as long as you know someone/trust someone enough to log in and attach the two together for you splitting the game is cake. :)

Update for everyone, both me and Jessica (fuck off, bj) have played together and things went smoothly in both Single and Co-Op.
Just gotta give the free PC copy through a dummy PSN account.

Anyone know if you can unlink the Steam account from your PSN? I keep logging in automatically, still no update on that.

[quote name='Oaxan']Update for everyone, both me and Jessica (fuck off, bj) have played together and things went smoothly in both Single and Co-Op.
Just gotta give the free PC copy through a dummy PSN account.[/QUOTE]

Ha, awesome. It's a little weird that you insist on using your friend's first name amongst a group of strangers is all.

[quote name='theflicker']Ha, awesome. It's a little weird that you insist on using your friend's first name amongst a group of strangers is all.[/QUOTE]

If I had a girl to play portal with I'd name drop too, my ole lady only likes playing lego series games usually and that's not very often even.

[quote name='iwannadie']If I had a girl to play portal with I'd name drop too, my ole lady only likes playing lego series games usually and that's not very often even.[/QUOTE]

This ole lady have a name? Otherwise, I'm calling shenanigans.

Hey guys,

Most of my friends are on 360 so I ws looking for some co/op partners for the ps3 version of this game. Just looking for someone who can play, I do like to listen to all of the stuff in the game so Im not looking for a speed run. Leave your psn tag here and hopefully we can have fun!

PSN= Dragonsbane043

Count me in along with whoever else wants to add me. I have next to no PSN friends (all of mine are also on the 360), and would love to get through the co-op game at some point. I think I'm almost done with the SP part of the game. I'm usually on every night or every other night at some point between 6-10pm Central time. I do have a mic in case anyone is wondering.

PSN: IwillKILLurGOD

I'll add you when I get home Dragonsbane

Damn, I wish I knew that it was that easy to give the free PC copy away. I would of gave it to my gf to co-op with. I already redeemed it on my account.

Oh well, when it gets cheap I might just buy it for her so I can have someone to co-op with. None of my friends seem to have it :lol:.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Damn, I wish I knew that it was that easy to give the free PC copy away. I would of gave it to my gf to co-op with. I already redeemed it on my account.

Oh well, when it gets cheap I might just buy it for her so I can have someone to co-op with. None of my friends seem to have it :lol:.[/QUOTE]

You could just make another PSN account and you play that one and let her use your Steam account.

Hey Oaxan, could you change the thread title? Maybe make it say Portal 2 - Out Now! Sign up for co op! or something along those lines. Just want to keep a million threads from popping up and make sure people know to come here for all Portal 2 PS3 stuff.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Hey Oaxan, could you change the thread title? Maybe make it say Portal 2 - Out Now! Sign up for co op! or something along those lines. Just want to keep a million threads from popping up and make sure people know to come here for all Portal 2 PS3 stuff.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how to do that. :p EDIT: NVM I figured it out xD

[quote name='n4styn4t3']You could just make another PSN account and you play that one and let her use your Steam account.[/QUOTE]
Actually that would work. Plus I don't mind giving her my password. She has her own Steam account already so that's why I might just buy it for her when it gets cheap.

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone know if you can unlink the Steam account from your PSN? I keep logging in automatically, still no update on that.[/QUOTE]

You can't unlink it, you can't stop it from auto-logging you in, and you can't log out once you link up accounts.

Believe me, I've tried.

The only thing you can do is not sign-in to PSN while you play so it doesn't log you into Steam.

Ditto, PSN BREVITY

Also if anyone is not registering their Mac/PC code I would love to have it for my son's Steam account. I registered mine on my Steam account before I thought to much about it so we cant play together. Well now that I think about it maybe he can play under a different PSN ID.... anyway if you got another I would trade or buy it from you for his Steam account. PM me.

Omg, I was going to setup my steam account to use my portal 2 code even though I can't run the game I wanted it all linked up. I kept getting errors unable to create my account for 3 days. Now, it says my name has been taken...

make a different one with a different name? ooor...
You haven't used the code yet, right? why not sell it to someone?

[quote name='Oaxan']make a different one with a different name? ooor...
You haven't used the code yet, right? why not sell it to someone?[/QUOTE]

Why would I want an account without my name lol. Would I really sell the code after making a stand against improper use...

I am hoping steam is just having issues, their site is acting very weird for me.

I love this game, single player only so far but the dialog is just funny and the puzzles have been good. Nothing that makes me want to kill something but still rewarding when I figure them out.

I did get stuck in the floor and had to restart a level though. That part
when the little ball is using his flash light for you and is trying to be all creepy with the scary story, you come into a room with turrets all torn up on a table. The guard rail on the left of the table let me walk right through it and I fell down into a dead zone.

I finished the single player last night. Awesome game. I wish they'd re-release the first one as a downloadable or something.

I finished the co-op today. If anyone wants to go for some trophies in it sometime after PSN gets fixed, add me.

how long did it take you guys to finish the game? (hours). I just completed the first portal, I had about 90 percent of the game done, I just finished up the little I had left. I gots to give portal 2 a whirld tonight.

[quote name='Thomas96']how long did it take you guys to finish the game? (hours). I just completed the first portal, I had about 90 percent of the game done, I just finished up the little I had left. I gots to give portal 2 a whirld tonight.[/QUOTE]

It took me about 7 hours for the SP mode.
Waiting for PSN to come back so I can get to Co-Op.
Not the longest game in the world, but It's still a perfect sequel, imo. :)

My PC can't handle Portal 2...has anyone been able to trade/sell their PC code? I'm not really sure what to ask for it. Successful sellers advice appreciated. That said, the game is great. Loving the humor just as much as the original. I'm currently stuck on Chapter 3, but I refuse to use any guides.

[quote name='SynGamer']My PC can't handle Portal 2...has anyone been able to trade/sell their PC code? I'm not really sure what to ask for it. Successful sellers advice appreciated. That said, the game is great. Loving the humor just as much as the original. I'm currently stuck on Chapter 3, but I refuse to use any guides.[/QUOTE]

Considering that you initially need the PS3 copy and a PS3 with access to PSN, you probably can't get too much for it. I'd say $20 at most, since its been down to $30 retail recently. Better sell it quick, though. There will likely be a Steam summer sale in the next month or two, and there's a good chance Portal 2 will be featured.

Yeah, whoever buys will have to rent a PS3 copy or know someone who has it (etc). You can still get a fair value out of it as long as you sell sooner rather than later.

I just finished Portal 2! They did this game just right. I'm ready for some co-op action now! I would love to get my wife to try the game out, but I don't think she'll give it a go.

I'm playing the SP again right now in "Commentary" mode and picking up missing Trophies. Tried the "Overclocker" one but it's hard to beat that level under the time limit lol.

[quote name='Sinistar']I'm playing the SP again right now in "Commentary" mode and picking up missing Trophies. Tried the "Overclocker" one but it's hard to beat that level under the time limit lol.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't have a problem with that, it took me maybe 20-30 tries to get the timing down. A lot of tries were getting that first portal set actually. If I remember I
ran into the room, running backwards zoomed and shot a portal high up on the wall. Jumped down into the pit and shot my 2nd portal and zoomed across to get the cube. Dropped back into the pit landing next to the portal and then going through. Hit the jump pad and then blocked the lazer, I put the cube close to the edge as possible and shot my portal across for the lazer. Jump down hit the pads again, at the top hit the button for the box. While the box was falling I shot my 2nd portal for the lazer then jumped down. Hit the jump pads again, collect the re-direct cube and drop it close to the wall and pick up the other cube. Jump pads again and your done.

I was playing some co-op over the weekend and it was a lot of fun but I was kinda surprised the puzzles weren't more action oriented. From the trailers I saw I expected to be falling and shooting a portal while my buddy was shooting through the air or some kinda crazy reaction timing shots. I was not disappointed in the puzzles at all it was fun just not what I was really hoping for based on the trailers, I guess I got the wrong idea. I think it wouldn't be too difficult solving them online without a mic either, we seemed to get the ideas pretty quick with out having to talk out a plan.

bread's done
Back