Post if you want to be in the Halo 2 tournament.

[quote name='zewone']I was about to ask you to change me and trak meeting up with Kado and led so early. Put them on the other side of the brackets.[/QUOTE]

It will all be based on the order in which Azn & Rabbit posted it. I need to double check that the bracket shows that.

Based on the information & order Rabbit & Azn posted here are the brackets. These are based 100% on what they have written in their inital posts and can be easily verified. It's a straightforward bracket and I don't believe any explination is really even needed.

b50ma.jpg

Also, I have all of this in an Excel document. I'll yousendit to whomever wants it. I'm just putting in the names based on the posted info. No need for another person to do it.

Craven...I think that the Semi-Finals should be judged on the Sweet Six's outcomes.

[quote name='rywateska']Based on the information & order Rabbit & Azn posted here are the brackets. These are based 100% on what they have written in their inital posts and can be easily verified. It's a straightforward bracket and I don't believe any explination is really even needed.

b50ma.jpg

Also, I have all of this in an Excel document. I'll yousendit to whomever wants it. I'm just putting in the names based on the posted info. No need for another person to do it.

Craven...I think that the Semi-Finals should be judged on the Sweet Six's outcomes.[/QUOTE]

i don't like the brackets ryan b/c of the bottom 4 brackets in the 2nd round. y does the winner of i vs j and k vs l have to play the winner of the loser's bracket of team a vs b and c vs d? its kinda complicated but i think some teams will get an unfair advantage.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think the loser bracket shouldn't even be in Jim's vBookie thing.[/QUOTE]
rabbit - since you're in charge. Why not just drop the loser's bracket all together? When it's best 2 out of 3, it's a fair loss and you shouldn't get a second chance.

here's my suggestion

the tournament should be like the college baseball world series type tournament. if ur team loses twice, u will not advance into the finals. the top 1/3 of the brackets will play each other accordingly. team a plays b and c plays d. the losers will play each other and the winners will play each other. in the loser's bracket, the team who loses is out of the tournament. the loser in the winner's bracket will play the winner of the loser's bracket.

here's an example

1st round
team r vs s
team t vs u

team r beats s
team t beats u

2nd round
team r vs t
team s vs u

team r beats t
team s beats u (team u is gone)

3rd round
team t plays s
team r has a bye

team s beats t (team t is gone)

4th round
team r vs s
***team s must beat team r twice to advance***
***team r only needs to beat team s once to advance***
team s beats r
team s beats r (team r is gone)

team s advances towards the finals

the winner of the 3rd round must beat the unbeaten team twice to advance to the finals. the same will follow in the middle and bottom thirds of the brackets.

there will be 3 teams for the finals. i suggest either do team vs team vs team or double elimination style again. ex. q vs r, r vs s, q vs s until one team loses two straight. if there's a tie with each team having won once, either do a team vs team vs team or do the double elimination style again until someone loses both of their games. the unbeaten team in this situation will have to lose twice to lose tournament since the team with one lost and one win will have to lose once against the unbeaten team to lose the tourney.

Zewone
vs
ryan

rabbitt
vs
Fez

Radjago
vs
Pend. player A

Shayde52
vs
Ledhed

UgamerX
vs
Battousai1002

Tittay
vs
Girion

This is what it would look like roughly.

We'll let this be the final gametype list then:

Team Slayer-Lockout
Team Slayer-Warlock
Team Slayer-Turf
Team Slayer-Sanctuary
Team Slayer-Elongation
Team Slayer Human-Beaver Creek
Team Slayer-Midship
Team Slayer-Ivory Tower
Team Slayer-Backwash
Classic CTF-Elongation
Classic CTF-Midship
Team Rifles-Ivory Tower
Team Rifles-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Ivory Tower
1 Flag CTF-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Sanctuary
Team Rifles-Sanctuary
1 Flag CTF-Gemini
Team Ball-Sanctuary
Team Crazy King-Turf
Team Ball-Elongation
Team Crazy King-Backwash
Team Rockets-Ivory Tower
Team Rockets-Foundation
Team Ball-Lockout
Team Ball-Midship
Team King-Ascension
Team Crazy King-Beaver Creek
Team King-Foundation
1 flag CTF Ivory Tower

The best 2/3 will win their respective stub. I will assign each of these a random card from a deck of 30 cards. Azn will then pick three cards for each stub, shuffle, and then pick three more for each stub.

[quote name='zewone']That's hella complicated.[/QUOTE]

complicated maybe or maybe not
but in fairness YES

ryan's bracket has a lil flaw. on the top 2 red brackets in the 2nd round. the winners will advance to the 3rd round but the losers are one and done?

i get what azn's tryin to say...basically instead of a losers bracket overall...there's little separate losers bracket within each set of 4 teams...

[quote name='swetooth9']i get what azn's tryin to say...basically instead of a losers bracket overall...there's little separate losers bracket within each set of 4 teams...[/QUOTE]

yes, in fairness, u can choke once and still win the tournament.

You know, I'm not it this tourney but Jesus you kids are making it harder than it needs to be. I mean, why does there have to be a loser bracket?

Why not just do One and Done or Best of Three brackets?

[quote name='rabbitt']We'll let this be the final gametype list then:
Team Rockets-Ivory Tower
Team Rockets-Foundation
[/QUOTE]

Um... are you kidding? Rocket gametypes have got to go.

[quote name='Arikado']Um... are you kidding? Rocket gametypes have got to go.[/QUOTE]

SHITCOCKSUCKINGMOTHERfuckINGBITCH

How the hell did I include those in there. Sorry Azn, but we gotta do this shit again.

[quote name='rabbitt']Zewone
vs
ryan

rabbitt
vs
Fez

Radjago
vs
Pend. player A

Shayde52
vs
Ledhed

UgamerX
vs
Battousai1002

Tittay
vs
Girion

This is what it would look like roughly.[/QUOTE]wait, just what is that list?

[quote name='LiquidNight']wait, just what is that list?[/QUOTE]

I left out the second player on each team; I was in a hurry. That is what order things will be in.

Team Slayer-Backwash
Team Slayer-Lockout
Team Slayer-Warlock
Team Slayer-Turf
Team Slayer-Sanctuary
Team Slayer-Elongation
Team Slayer-Midship
Team Slayer-Ivory Tower
Classic CTF-Elongation
Classic CTF-Midship
Team Rifles-Ivory Tower
Team Rifles-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Sanctuary
Team Rifles-Sanctuary
1 Flag CTF-Gemini
Team Ball-Sanctuary
Team Crazy King-Turf
Team Ball-Elongation
Team Crazy King-Backwash
1 Flag CTF-Ivory Tower

--23 gametypes--

Please go through this list and tell me the goods that I left out and the bads that I left in.

[quote name='rabbitt']I left out the second player on each team[/QUOTE]
ah, I see,

anyways, on the losers bracket, I think we should drop it for a 2 out of 3 wins to advance type tourney,
if we use the loser's bracket anyway, then we should just amke it a simple standard losers bracket, none of that really complicated stuff

[quote name='rabbitt']
Please go through this list and tell me the goods that I left out and the bads that I left in.[/QUOTE] Team Crazy King-Backwash
Team Crazy King-Turf
take those 2 out,

team slayer on turf, team slayer on backwash, and the ball games are toss ups, we may or may not want them

We're missing 4 teams to make this extra easier. This is a VERY ROUGH draft of what it should look like. Since you have an entire team pending it's actually 5 teams were missing. Is there 10 people out there that would want to play? Anyone?

We can't be too picky. Those gametypes are fine, even though ball is Aids. Z's right. That's what it should look like. No loser's bracket or anything like that. That'd even work with a best of 3.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Team Crazy King-Backwash
Team Crazy King-Turf
take those 2 out,

team slayer on turf, team slayer on backwash, and the ball games are toss ups, we may or may not want them[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind, that leaves only 21 gametypes left. The tourney is getting less exciting with each gametype omission.

Jimmie, rocksolid, zerosupport, just tossing up names that could fill in the void on Z's chart.
Even though we already drew numba's and opponents.

Going twice on the gametypes

Team Slayer-Lockout
Team Slayer-Warlock
Team Slayer-Turf
Team Slayer-Sanctuary
Team Slayer-Elongation
Team Slayer-Midship
Team Slayer-Ivory Tower
Classic CTF-Elongation
Classic CTF-Midship
Team Rifles-Ivory Tower
Team Rifles-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Lockout
1 Flag CTF-Sanctuary
Team Rifles-Sanctuary
1 Flag CTF-Gemini
Team Ball-Sanctuary
Team Crazy King-Turf
Team Ball-Elongation
Team Crazy King-Backwash
1 Flag CTF-Ivory Tower

fuck losers bracket, lets keep it simple. This is what I have for a suggestion, bracket-wise (not complete):
--Bold is the winner--

A
vs
B
----------------------------------A
C
vs-----------------------------------------------------A
D
-----------------------------------C
E
vs
F
----------------------------------E
G
vs-----------------------------------------------------E
H
-----------------------------------G
I
vs
J
-----------------------------------I
K
vs------------------------------------------------------I
L
-----------------------------------K

NOW we need to figure out how teams A, E, and I will battle it out for the championship.

Open to suggestions from everyone (I think azn has the right idea).

Gametype list will be posted shortly.

the choosing of the game types

team Slayer-Backwash 9s
Team Slayer-Lockout 9c
Team Slayer-Warlock 8c
Team Slayer-Turf 8s
Team Slayer-Sanctuary 8h
Team Slayer-Elongation 7s
Team Slayer Human-Beaver Creek 7h
Team Slayer-Midship 7c
Team Slayer-Ivory Tower 6s
Classic CTF-Elongation 6c
Classic CTF-Midship 6h
Team Rifles-Ivory Tower 5c
Team Rifles-Lockout 5h
1 Flag CTF-Lockout 5s
1 Flag CTF-Sanctuary 4h
Team Rifles-Sanctuary 4s
1 Flag CTF-Gemini 4c
Team Ball-Sanctuary 3h
Team Crazy King-Turf 3c
Team Ball-Elongation 3s
Team Crazy King-Backwash 2c
Team Crazy King-Beaver Creek 2h
1 Flag CTF-Ivory Tower 2s

s = spade
c = club
h = heart

Here are the cards I picked, they will make sense after azn's post.

Zewone
vs 9 clubs, 8 clubs, 2 spade
ryan

rabbitt
vs 4 spade, 2 spade, 3 clubs
Fez

Radjago
vs 2 heart, 5 heart, 9 clubs
Pend. player A

Shayde52
vs 8 spade, 8 heart, 5 clubs
Ledhed

UgamerX
vs 7 heart, 5 heart, 2 heart
Battousai1002

Tittay
vs 5 spade, 4 heart, 7 heart
Girion

This could be the first three games played in the tournament:

Zewone and Trakan1
vs
rywateska and a crispy donut

Team Slayer Lockout, Team Slayer Warlock, 1 Flag CTF Ivory Tower.

***fyi, winner of match 7 must beat the match 1 winner TWICE but match 1 winner only needs to beat match 7 winner ONCE . the same goes for winners of match 8 and 9 facing winners of 2 and 3.***

[quote name='Girion47']so me and my teammate have to play against losers to keep advancing?[/QUOTE]

Your teammate is Crymson. We all know.

[quote name='H-Town Info']***fyi, winner of match 7 must beat the match 1 winner TWICE but match 1 winner only needs to beat match 7 winner ONCE . the same goes for winners of match 8 and 9 facing winners of 2 and 3.***[/QUOTE]

That's retarded.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I haven't Heard from Ugamerx in a while so If he drops from the tourny I'm picking up the rising star Olrox Prime.[/QUOTE]

I'm down for it.

bread's done
Back