Post if you want to be in the Halo 2 tournament.

[quote name='LiquidNight']so is it me and rad against crymson and girion?[/QUOTE]

No. We are still looking for your opponents

[quote name='pimpinc333']I haven't Heard from Ugamerx in a while so If he drops from the tourny I'm picking up the rising star Olrox Prime.[/QUOTE]
You haven't heard from me because nothing has been finalized in this tournament yet.

I'm still in.

BTW, how did Girion and Crymson get paired up?

[quote name='Phazing Zero']I'm down for it.[/QUOTE]
Olrox, if you're still looking for a partner, Murc and you can get together and call yourselves "team prepubescence."

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Olrox, if you're still looking for a partner, Murc and you can get together and call yourselves "team prepubescence."[/QUOTE]

"Essence of Prepubescence" rolls off the tongue.

[quote name='LiquidNight']if there's a god, arikado and crymson will both lose because they each put $1000 on themselves,
Karma's a bitch[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure that there isn't. Especially with the matches Kado and Led have against Shady and I.

All 3 of the are slayer, and 1 just happens to be a rifle slayer on lockout. 500 VBookie bucks down the drain, oh well.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Oh I'm sure that there isn't. Especially with the matches Kado and Led have against Shady and I.

All 3 of the are slayer, and 1 just happens to be a rifle slayer on lockout. 500 VBookie bucks down the drain, oh well.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know who you were facing and what gametypes you were playing before Jim made the vBookie topic?

[quote name='craven_fiend'] Oh I'm sure that there isn't. Especially with the matches Kado and Led have against Shady and I.

All 3 of the are slayer, and 1 just happens to be a rifle slayer on lockout. 500 VBookie bucks down the drain, oh well.[/QUOTE]
the vBookie bet for the tourney champ, not just round one craven

on the bracket,
the bracket that rabbitt posted is what I think would be the best for the losers bracket,
I really cant see how else you'd do it azn,
can you post how the bracket from your idea would look like

[quote name='Trakan']
That's retarded.[/QUOTE]

fine, don't be whining about a team that has one lost that heads to finals after it beats an unbeaten team. in round 4, the team with one lost MUST beat the unbeaten team TWICE. That's why its called double elimination b/c u can fuck up once and still go to the final 3 and then win it all. Why does the College Baseball World Series use this type of tournement style? this style is fair for everyone since there's no excuses at all if u don't win the tourney. if ur team loses twice before the final 3, no finals for ur team PLAIN AND SIMPLE

[quote name='H-Town Info']fine, don't be whining about a team that has one lost that heads to finals after it beats an unbeaten team. in round 4, the team with one lost MUST beat the unbeaten team TWICE. That's why its called double elimination b/c u can fuck up once and still go to the final 3 and then win it all. Why does the College Baseball World Series use this type of tournement style? this style is fair for everyone since there's no excuses at all if u don't win the tourney. if ur team loses twice before the final 3, no finals for ur team PLAIN AND SIMPLE[/QUOTE]

Yea if it is Double Elimination then whomever has the 1 lose and goes against an unbeaten team( in the championship game) should have to beat that unbeaten team 2x and the unbeaten team only has to beat the 1 lose team once. All the Basketball tourney's I played in follow those same rules.

[quote name='H-Town Info']fine, don't be whining about a team that has one lost that heads to finals after it beats an unbeaten team. in round 4, the team with one lost MUST beat the unbeaten team TWICE. That's why its called double elimination b/c u can fuck up once and still go to the final 3 and then win it all. Why does the College Baseball World Series use this type of tournement style? this style is fair for everyone since there's no excuses at all if u don't win the tourney. if ur team loses twice before the final 3, no finals for ur team PLAIN AND SIMPLE[/QUOTE]

azn's right. The structure and purpose of double-elimination is the fairest possible bracket.

If a team loses a match and makes it to the final three and actually wins it all, they were the better team simply because they won enough to get there (aside from losing once), and beat the second-better team (post-final match).

It all works out.

then the bracket that rabbitt posted should be fine,
I want to see a bracket of what azn is suggesting because he said it wasnt like the bracket that rabbitt posted

[quote name='LiquidNight']then the bracket that rabbitt posted should be fine,
I want to see a bracket of what azn is suggesting because he said it wasnt like the bracket that rabbitt posted[/QUOTE]

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/2242/doubleeliminationcustom1uy.png

then there will be 3 teams for the finals. i suggest either do team vs team vs team or double elimination style again. ex. q vs r, r vs s, q vs s until one team loses two straight. if there's a tie with each team having won once, either do a team vs team vs team or do the double elimination style again until someone loses both of their games. the unbeaten team in this situation will have to lose twice to lose tournament since the team with one lost and one win will have to lose once against the unbeaten team to lose the tourney.

example:

FINAL 3
team a beats team b

team b beats team c

team a beats team c
TEAM C IS ELIMINATED B/C TEAM C HAS LOST THEIR 2 GAMES

FINAL 2 (team a is unbeaten and team b has one win and one lost)

Possible scenarios

1. team a beats team b (team a wins tournament)

or other scenario

2. team b beats team a (team a will have one lost but not eliminated)

FINAL MATCH Team a vs Team B for the tournament victory

[quote name='LiquidNight']I think rabbits will work better,
keep it nice and simple, you dont need to make it all complicated like that[/QUOTE]

No his Azn is truely better.

I'm confused, if a round 1 team loses, they get a second chance. But if a round 2 team loses, they're out of the tourney?
Edit: I'm retarded, disregard the above post.

To sum up what AZN is saying.

In the championship game if 1 team is undefeated and the other has 1 lose then the team with 1 lose WILL have to beat the team with 0 loses 2 times in order to win the tourny. The unbeaten team will only have to beat the team with already 1 lose only 1 time since they already had a lose. DOUBLE ELIMINATION!!! These are basic rules in most tourney's.

Fine. Whatever, as long as we get to play. Soon. I'm so sick of discussion and waiting.

tomorrow afternoon after i take my biology test and finish eating my leftover 18" inch pizza pie, i'll work on the brackets by implementing the match types into each round 1 match and more. also i'll make an example of how the double elimination works. plus it would kinda help if we have an extra team and a partner for tittay to add in to make it 12 teams since 10 teams will be a terrible thing

[quote name='Trakan']Fine. Whatever, as long as we get to play. Soon. I'm so sick of discussion and waiting.[/QUOTE]

sorry, you'll probably have to wait until saturday :(

i'm taking the SAT saturday morning

I got a partner for tittay: zolaman.

Also, it would be great if Murc and Olrox teamed up to fill the gap in the tournament.

I'll assume they're both playing together until they note otherwise.

So, can people already start playing their games? Or do we have to wait for an official start date? Just curious. But either way, I won't be available to play until Thursday afternoon, at the earliest, as I have softball games today and Wednesday, as well as work at 10 PM-6:30AM throughout the week.

So best bet for me is Thursday or Friday afternoon, as I am not around to play much on the weekends any more, the beauty of having a life and being 21.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So, can people already start playing their games? Or do we have to wait for an official start date? Just curious. But either way, I won't be available to play until Thursday afternoon, at the earliest, as I have softball games today and Wednesday, as well as work at 10 PM-6:30AM throughout the week.

So best bet for me is Thursday or Friday afternoon, as I am not around to play much on the weekends any more, the beauty of having a life and being 21.[/QUOTE]

I can play anytime after 4 on Thursday and Friday. But, whenever the matches to take place...Ledhed and Arikado are screwed

.......:roll:

[quote name='LiquidNight']your idea makes sense azn, but is it really worth having 3 teams for the finals?[/QUOTE]

what's wrong with that? it's just another double elimination style bracket unless they vote to do 2 vs 2 vs 2....

[quote name='Trakan']I agree with Liquid. Much better with 2 teams for the finals.[/QUOTE]

got a better suggestion better than mines that i had posted about a page back?

[quote name='craven_fiend']But 4 CT works for me on Thursday or Friday.[/QUOTE]

I can do 4 on Friday, and I don't see why 'Kado wouldn't be able to either. It's gotta be at 4 if not earlier though. I have work at 6 that evening.

[quote name='Ledhed']I can do 4 on Friday, and I don't see why 'Kado wouldn't be able to either. It's gotta be at 4 if not earlier though. I have work at 6 that evening.[/QUOTE]

I don't have school on Friday, so I'll be free to play all day. Don't have anything going on until 9 PM that night.

xbox died on me......again. I'll try to get it working but I dont think shaking the harddrive is going to work this time.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I like the bracket that rabbitt posted (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=124418)
the only thing that needs to change is that the one coming from the losers racket must win twice while the one coming from the winners bracket must win once[/QUOTE]

but i found a flaw in the tourney. game 17 pits game 9 winner vs game 16 loser(but there's no teams playing b/t 7 and 8) u can substitue loser of game 13 to face game 9 winner then who's going to play game 22??? the 3rd round of the loser's bracket is going to be a mess there with 3 teams and also the winner's bracket. this bracket is MADE FOR 16 fuckING TEAMS and NOT 12 TEAMS. trust me, my plan has 3 divisions with 4 teams in it is better than this. my plan has 3 teams in the finals and then do double elimination where team a plays b, b plays c, and a plays c. this way is to show who has more skill than luck.

[quote name='Joon2324']lets throw everyone together and have a free for all
12 teams on lockout[/QUOTE]

i dont think halo 2 can occupy 24 players (max is 16 players btw) and pretty much u have to win by luck not skill

Here's an idea. In the first round, have 3 teams play each other. 1 wins and advances and the other 2 move to the loser's bracket. Then with 4 in the winner's bracket and 8 in the loser's bracket, it proceeds normally. I can provide a bracket diagram if needed.

[quote name='radjago']Here's an idea. In the first round, have 3 teams play each other. 1 wins and advances and the other 2 move to the loser's bracket. Then with 4 in the winner's bracket and 8 in the loser's bracket, it proceeds normally. I can provide a bracket diagram if needed.[/QUOTE]

i bet the team who wins the 1st round team vs team vs team has lady luck on their side instead of skill and coordination

it's gonna HAVE to be 1 team vs 1 team since there will be a lot of teaming up and kill-jacking with more than 2 teams per game...if we were to do that, we might as well do rumble...

Enough dicking around. Azn, fill out a COMPLETE, good looking bracket with all of the teams. Make sure the entire bracket fits on one page.

cagtourney3iq.jpg

Speaking of the tourney, Led/Kado, you guys good to go Thursday at 4 CT? Let us know, if its not played then, it may not be until next Tuesday before it gets played.

[quote name='H-Town Info']
cagtourney3iq.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Where do the losers from Matches 10,11, and 12 go? If they are from the winner's bracket and they lose the match, they need to go to the loser's bracket. You're mixing the 2 brackets at round 4. It shouldn't happen until the last round ideally.

bread's done
Back