Post Your Black Friday Stories/Hauls/Pics Here!

At Target: PSP and the kodak camera
Circuit city: Smallville seasons 2,4,5
Best Buy: MS PRo duo 4gb and 2gb micro Sd card

I ordered a GPS from Kmart.com yesterday for $129
Got the first 6 seasons of Sopranos at Walmart for $150
Bought Mass Effect for $50 from BB with a $10 off coupon

Surviving Black Friday with my sanity intact? Priceless.

went to GS early this morning and got super lucky:

--Advance Wars DS complete - Free
--Ikaruga complete - $39
--Fatal Frame 3 complete - $34.99

and I landed a Wii.

I got there after it opened and assumed they had sold all of them. As I was standing in line, a guy asked when they were getting more, and one of the employees answered "actually, we got 4 more in the back." I saw a definite "damn it!" look on all the other employees' faces :lol: So, they went out and got the rest of the systems and I snagged one.

I was all prepared for the Wii thing on Amazon, signed up for Prime today at 1AM lol. It should be on my doorstep on the 3rd of December :bouncy:

This was the first year I braved the crowds. I got a nice haul from Fry's.

LG 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor- $199.99 (This thing is bloody huge! I love it.)

Visio 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor- $129.99 -$40 Rebate (Bought this for my mom, I'm building her a gaming computer for Chrismas. :D She plays LOTRO with me.)

Cooler Master Mystique Computer Case- $50 - $50 Rebate (Case for mom's comp)

Black Hawk Down DVD- $1.99

Pan's Labrynth 2 Disc DVD- $7.49

Planet Terror DVD- $9.49

I made out awesomely. Wasn't too over the top crowded either.

were stores not that crowded for anyone else? Best Buy was practically empty at around 7:30 this morning. I stopped in just to see how insane it was and left kinda disappointed :)

It was busy at my Best Buy, even here in ND. I can't imagine what it's like for you guys in California and NY and whatnot. Got to BB a 2AM, got the ticket for my MP3 player, and then a ton of people left after they got their tickets. Me and my friends stayed in line, moved up to about #10.

Anyway, my hauls:

Best Buy:
4GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo
Sandisk 2GB Clip MP3 Player

Target: (all gifts)
Playdough set
Office Season 1
Gilmore Girls Season 6

Gamestop:
Super Mario Galaxy (full price, but I heard the game is amazing, so I picked it up).
Original PSP Battery :D

Plan on going to Gamecrazy to buy a used game or 2.

I hit up 5 GameStop stores within less than a 10 mile radius of where I live. I decided to dig thru the used XBOX games for their B2G1Free sale.

Classified: Sentinel Crisis
Mojo
Conflict Desert Storm
Rainbow Six 3: Lockdown
Bloodwake
Mech Assault
Crimson Skies
Dead To Rights
Full Spectrum Warrior
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
Max Payne
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
Unreal Championship
Sega GT/ JSRF
Exhibition 4

I know they are not "new" titles or anything, but hey, I picked up 18 games for $41, which is less than what some ppl are paying for 1 game nowadays. Yes, I am a cheapass gamer. :D

Last night at CompUSA I got:

Zune ~ $99
37" Olevia 537 LCD HDTV $599 ( My first HD set, Finally )

This morning I made a quick trip to target for some minor stuff and while I was there I grabbed:

Seinfeld season 7 ~ $15
Seinfeld season 8 ~ $14
300 2 disc SE ~ $6

No games for me this year but the TV makes up for that.

OK, quick addendum to my haul from earlier. The manager at the FYE where I bought my copy of the horrid Transformers movie game for PS2(way back in July), told me that if I brought in my receipt from that transaction, that I'd still get the animated movie for free, since it was promised as part of the promo back then.

Well, after searching through my stacks of receipts(which I keep for at LEAST 90 days), I found the correct receipt and went back up to the mall. I am now the proud owner of not one, but TWO copies of Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary Edition.

I'm debating what I'm going to do with this 'free' copy. I may give it to a friend of mine for Christmas or I may just hoard it till they stop producing dvd copies of the movie again, then Ebay it.

More and more, I'm thinkin I got a big ol brass set, to keep demanding this and that from stores/companies.

I'm pretty pleased with my haul-
CC
$35 Mario Galaxy
$10 Red Steel (playing right now, pretty fun!)

EB
$35 Zelda w/ Coupon and Edge- decided against buy 2 G 1 as I told my wife I'd keep it at $80, plus there isn't that many other games I really want right now.

I sure as craznap didn't wait in no line, though I did get up at 9 AM instead of sleeping till 10 as normal on a day off.

Many thanks to the BF thread, helped me figure out what to get.

:bouncy:

[quote name='djkunai']I got in line 24 hours ago (11am on Thanksgiving).

[Best Buy]
Sony Vaio - $400
Laptop Case + Mouse - $20
Rocketfish Wireless Mouse and Keyboard - $20
160GB Portable HD - $70
2GB Laptop Memory - $55
1GB Desktop Memory - $28
4 Gun (X-Box 360) - $20
5 EA Replay
3 XBox 360 Achievement Guide - $.03
.[/quote]

Not to be a jerk...but was all that crap worth missing Thanksgiving for? Who the hell waits in a line for 24 hours. Really, if you sit down and calculate how much your time is worth, I think you will find that you got pwned up the snake hole on this one.

Plus you had to wait in line with stinky people, as you put it.

Black Friday haul..

5101696.box.GIF

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (bundle with ecs)

ecs_671t-m.jpg

ECS 671T-M (bundle with Q6600) = $198.99

5436039.box.GIF

2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 DUAL CHANNEL GOLD GX XTC C4 OCZ = $59.99 - $40 (MIR) = $19.99

5306108.box.GIF

CoolerMaster Mystique 632S ATX Mid Tower Case = $50 - $50 (MIR) = FREE

5427419.box.GIF

LG 18X SUPER MULTI DRIVE INTERNAL (SATA) DVD-/+RW BURNER = $29.99

17-371-004-09.jpg

Antec Basiq 500w = $42 - $35 = $7

4987891.box.GIF

Maxtor 300GB Serial ATA/300 16MB Buffer L01F300 = $49.99

8251223_rb.jpg

Panasonic - DVD Player with HD Upconversion = $29.99

4917161.box.GIF

House Season 2 = $19.99 (Got it for my gf's sister birthday, but I might just return it and get something else)

Total before MIRs: $519.55 (tax included)
Total after MIRs: $394.55 (tax included)

My gf got a Samsung 19" 720p LCD for $200. Sick deal considering the regular price is $480.

Went to Best Buy around 10ish. Picked up Stuntman and Graw 2 for $19.99.

Went to Gamestop, Picked up The Simpsons Game, Folklore, and Ace Combat 6, as part of the B2G1 free sale. $33 out of pocket there.

Came home, went on Amazon. Ordered a 46" Samsung HDTV for $1697.99 shipped with no tax. Pure awesome.

For the life of me I've never understood why people would want to head TOWARD a crowd.

Pretty much ITDEFX, the pussies with the tents, and all the other idiots running around with their head's cut off not to mention a scene like this...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEPdRPxR_i0[/media]

Makes me want to stay indoors, safe, and ALIVE. No deal is worth dealing with the above...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, quick addendum to my haul from earlier. The manager at the FYE where I bought my copy of the horrid Transformers movie game for PS2(way back in July), told me that if I brought in my receipt from that transaction, that I'd still get the animated movie for free, since it was promised as part of the promo back then.

Well, after searching through my stacks of receipts(which I keep for at LEAST 90 days), I found the correct receipt and went back up to the mall. I am now the proud owner of not one, but TWO copies of Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary Edition.

I'm debating what I'm going to do with this 'free' copy. I may give it to a friend of mine for Christmas or I may just hoard it till they stop producing dvd copies of the movie again, then Ebay it.

More and more, I'm thinkin I got a big ol brass set, to keep demanding this and that from stores/companies.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget your in the minority of customers, and they must really want your business. 99% of customers do not work to get deals. If your FYE is in a mall next to a Gamestop like mine is I can see where they are coming from, they want to get all the customers they can.

I was going to go out and do b2g1 at gamestop but then I realized via the store locator they didn't have any DS games I wanted in stock and that by buying used games I was just supporting the fact that the evil empire gave some kid 3-5$ each trade in for those games and they are reselling them at 29.99+ used. Thanks but I will wait for price drops from other stores or online stores, or used copies via ebay, amazon or half.com. Also my car doors were frozen..

I am going out later tonight to get the pair of sneakers that I ordered for store pickup on sears.com..

I skipped out on the shopping today, nothing horribly appealing for me. I was shocked yesterday when my mother told me she had managed to find a second Wii sitting on the shelf at a local Wal-Mart...one for me, one for my brother, and she avoided all the crowds :)

Best Buy:
Flight of the Conchords: Season One - $13.50
Stuntman: Ignition - $20

Target:
300: 2-Disc Special Edition - $6
South Park: Season Ten - $15

Circuit City:
Red Steel - $10
The Office: Season Two - $13
A History of Violence $4

TOTAL:
around $85

[quote name='SaraAB']Don't forget your in the minority of customers, and they must really want your business. 99% of customers do not work to get deals. If your FYE is in a mall next to a Gamestop like mine is I can see where they are coming from, they want to get all the customers they can.

I was going to go out and do b2g1 at gamestop but then I realized via the store locator they didn't have any DS games I wanted in stock and that by buying used games I was just supporting the fact that the evil empire gave some kid 3-5$ each trade in for those games and they are reselling them at 29.99+ used. Thanks but I will wait for price drops from other stores or online stores, or used copies via ebay, amazon or half.com. Also my car doors were frozen..

I am going out later tonight to get the pair of sneakers that I ordered for store pickup on sears.com..[/quote]

I had actually completely forgotten about the movie deal thing, until I went to that specific FYE about 2-3 weeks ago when they were clearing out their games and was told that they weren't allowed to sell the rest because they'd been removed from the system.

Either way though, I'm smiled from ear to ear while the manager on duty rang up my free movie while talking in a low voice with the one other employee there. Earlier in the day, when I was there to ask if I could still get in on the deal, the one female clerk was about to give me the new Transformers movie for free, but I corrected her and kept repeating that 'I was supposed to get this months ago as a free promo item but they didn't have it in stock then'.

We get up to the register and she gets huffy because she thought I wanted to buy it, so I explained to her again about it and I talked to the manager.

I came back about an hour later and got my movie. Great company imo, to actually do this after almost 5 months and another reason why I'll continue to buy games/movies there.

Updated my Black Friday score-o-rama

[quote name='freshzen']I found out CompUSA had 50% off clearance games + buy 1 get 1 free and the local store had some serious craziness going on.

I spend a little over $600 on everything in this picture:
compusa.jpg

Rundown:

360:
Bullet Witch
Gears of War x2
Godfather the Game
Viva Pinata SE
Fatal Enteria (this was a free game)
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires x3
DDR Universe bundle
Assassin's Creed LE

PS2:
God Hand x2
Karaoke Revolution American Idol
Karaoke Revolution American Idol bundle
Atelier Iris 3
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
DDR Supernova x3
DDR Supernova bundle
Soul Nomad
Yakuza
Grand Theft Auto Triple Pack

PS3:
Uncharted
Full Auto 2
Godfather the Game
Folklore
Warhawk bundle

Wii:
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Medal of Honor Vanguard x2
Alien Soldier
Sims 2: Pets
Mario Party 8
The Bigs
Elebits

PSP:
Full Auto 2
WTF x2
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Platypus
Pirates!
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Xbox:
Scarface

DS:
Quickspot
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Wario Master of Disguise
DS Web Browser
Pokemon Ranger

PC:
Vanguard SE[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']For the life of me I've never understood why people would want to head TOWARD a crowd.

Pretty much ITDEFX, the pussies with the tents, and all the other idiots running around with their head's cut off not to mention a scene like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEPdRPxR_i0

Makes me want to stay indoors, safe, and ALIVE. No deal is worth dealing with the above...[/QUOTE]

Well like I said before.. I went there late because I decided to sleep in. Believe me that live talk show thing that Cheapy did last night at 2am EST was a lot better then waiting in line. I got low priority items and was in and out of the store within 30 minutes. The average wait time in the check out line is about 2 hrs IF you went there in the morning when it opened.

Why are you showing us the PS3 California Riot at best buy from last year? It's already been shown here on CAG from another persons point of view. The reason that happened is because of the supposed "Shortage" that Sony created for the release. People were going to do anything to get that PS3. My priority was to get in get the items I wanted and get out without getting stuck in a 2 hour check out line.

As for rushing and rioting, well hate to break it to you but when there becomes a food shortage, shortage of medicines, or shortage of any vital needs (such as gas) people will riot. Anything else isn't worth the time and effort.

[quote name='freshzen']Updated my Black Friday score-o-rama[/quote]

Wow, so you basically spent about $12 a game for 50 games. Not bad, not bad at all, especially considering some of those will be sought after I'm sure.

That single Xbox game amongst the 360, PS3, PS2, etc games seems out of place though. You should give it to me! :lol:

Great haul though.....

I should've bought another Quickspot for my youngest sister instead of Scarface since they both would've been the same price, $0.

Toys"R"Us:Fire emblem radiant dawn Not a BF dea, but I got it anyways since it was the only games worth getting.
Bestbuy: Legend of the river king for $9.99
Sears:Club House games $14.97 and SNK Vs. Capcom Fighters DS $6.97
Staples:MSPRO DUO for 17.99

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow, so you basically spent about $12 a game for 50 games. Not bad, not bad at all, especially considering some of those will be sought after I'm sure.

That single Xbox game amongst the 360, PS3, PS2, etc games seems out of place though. You should give it to me! :lol:

Great haul though.....[/QUOTE]

It's a nice haul, but unless he plans to give it to friends and family then a lot of that stuff is going to be backlogged :( I picked my 3 games

UT3... because UT2k4 was extremly fun and was looking to get the next game in the series

Bioshock..because of all the reviews and my friend who plays the 360 version wouldn't shut up about it. Too bad I am going to have to crank down the graphics for my 6800gt :(

CNC: the first decade... because I misplaced my discs/serials and its nice to have them all in one disc.

[quote name='VipFREAK']For the life of me I've never understood why people would want to head TOWARD a crowd.

Makes me want to stay indoors, safe, and ALIVE. No deal is worth dealing with the above...[/QUOTE]

This makes Bush happy. The Sheeple are spending money, and killing each other to do it.

walked into Best Buy casually at 4 PM today. Went by the video game section not expecting to find any deals and then I found a great deal. In a big bin were Halo 3 Wireless Controllers with figure for $19.99(Huge YMMV I assume) so I pick one up and a GTA Libery City Stories. Then I pay at the cashier and she tells me that if you buy anything Halo you get a Halo 3 Strategy Guide for $0.01. plus I used my $5 Off any PSP Game coupon from Sony to bring the total to $27.09 after tax.

So in a recap I got the following for $27.09:
Halo 3 Strategy Guide
Halo 3 Wireless Controller with Figure
GTA: Liberty City Stories PSP

Pretty damn good considering I didn't wake up early.:D

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Sears:Club House games $14.97 and SNK Vs. Capcom Fighters DS $6.97
[/quote]
Nice! :)

All I got today was Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade at Target.

It was listed clearance for $9.95 but checked out $4.95. Yay!

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This makes Bush happy. The Sheeple are spending money, and killing each other to do it.[/quote]
what a bizarre comment.

anyway, here's what i bought today, picked and delivered by a friend who works at Circuit City:

kingjuarez.jpg

King of Queens, Seasons 7 & 8, Xbox Fable, 360 Call of Juarez -- total w/tax: $44.55.

These are the 3 things I picked up today- couldnt be happier!

The Suffering- Ps2 - 12.99
The Suffering- Ties That Bind-Ps2 $8.99
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow-Xbox- $4.00

Buy 2 used games-get one free

3 games for 23 bucks, not a bad haul at all

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Black Friday haul..

5101696.box.GIF

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (bundle with ecs)

ecs_671t-m.jpg

ECS 671T-M (bundle with Q6600) = $198.99

5436039.box.GIF

2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 DUAL CHANNEL GOLD GX XTC C4 OCZ = $59.99 - $40 (MIR) = $19.99

5306108.box.GIF

CoolerMaster Mystique 632S ATX Mid Tower Case = $50 - $50 (MIR) = FREE

5427419.box.GIF

LG 18X SUPER MULTI DRIVE INTERNAL (SATA) DVD-/+RW BURNER = $29.99

17-371-004-09.jpg

Antec Basiq 500w = $42 - $35 = $7

4987891.box.GIF

Maxtor 300GB Serial ATA/300 16MB Buffer L01F300 = $49.99

8251223_rb.jpg

Panasonic - DVD Player with HD Upconversion = $29.99

4917161.box.GIF

House Season 2 = $19.99 (Got it for my gf's sister birthday, but I might just return it and get something else)

Total before MIRs: $519.55 (tax included)
Total after MIRs: $394.55 (tax included)

My gf got a Samsung 19" 720p LCD for $200. Sick deal considering the regular price is $480.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the LG SATA DVD+/-RW?

I dropped my girlfriend off at work at GameStop at 10:30 and popped in...it turns out they still had two Wiis left, so I picked one up for a Christmas gift for my Grandfather/Mother/younger brother.

I also got a third nunchuck, second classic controller, and Samurai Western for a total of $30 with the Buy 2 Get 1...putting my household at two Wiis with a comboned 4 controller/nunchuck sets and two CCs. =)

I forgot to mention, I saw that last (about 4) Wii consoles sold at the first GameStop I went to today. I got there after 8 am (probably about 8:30 or so) and they still had some. I was in line with my XBOX games and 2 ppl were in front of me. The clerk asked if the lady in front was there for a Wii, she said yes. Then he asked the guy behind her (he was in front of me), he said yes. He asked me, are you here for a Wii, I said no. He said OH GOOD, because we only have 2 left. He said he was afraid someone was going to start throwing knucks. If so, he said he would have just thrown the thing out and let us fight it out...lol.

Anywho, I was happy with my haul, may see if I can hit another couple of GS tomorrow when I take our older boys to visit with my parents.

Blockbuster by me had all Pre-Played Games 50% off (not a gamerush BB). They had a flyer so it might be all blockbusters over the weekend. Not sure. There prices were insane though so this might be a local thing only.

Picked up this (prices are after the 50% off, though aren't exact due to tax)

Zelda Twilight Princess CUBE $6.50
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires PS2 $6.50
Super Monkey Ball Adventure CUBE $5
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast XBOX $3.50
Simpson's Skateboarding PS2 $5
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 3 PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 2 PS2 $6.50
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2 $6.50
Shadow Hearts New World PS2 $6.50
.Hack GU Vol. 3 PS2 $6.50
Gladius PS2 $5
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams $6.50
Metal Slug Anthology PS2 $6.50
Metal Saga PS2 $5
Ninja Gaiden Black XBOX $5
Fullmetal Alchemist 2 PS2 $5
Romance Three Kingdoms XI $6.50
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams Discs only $2.50
War of The Monsters Disc Only $2.50

Total $123.17 after tax

DSCN0958.jpg

Shit. So I checked back on Staples.com to see what was up with my order. It said I didn't have anything in the order and the amount was $0. I called a rep and he said he didn't see anything in my order and I said I put it in the cart and entered my card number and everything. I told him I bought the Navigon 2100 GSP and he said they didn't have anymore in stock and he canceled my order. Looks like I ain't getting shit this year.

Makes me want to stay indoors, safe, and ALIVE. No deal is worth dealing with the above...[/quote]

HAHA, that is my local Best Buy. A guy that I work with told me his friend was there and you can see him somewhere on the video. Fresno is fucking vicous, I didn't even bother going down there this morning.

Today i got the ps3 package from best buy. Went to frys in Renton to get there only to find the line wrapped around EVERY aisle FRONT AND BACK threw the WHOLE STORE. An employee told me the line was going to be about 10 hours at that point. I dropped my stuff, like everyone else seemed to slowly, and left. No buster deal is worth that frustration. I went to best buy to get the ps3. I also bought the 79.99 WIFI Chair. Awesome chair.

Then i went to goodwill to look around. They had 40% off everything in store. I found, get this....2 brand new guitar hero III 360' bundles for 79.99. I walked out of the store with one of them and got it out the door for 52 bucks. They also had warhawk for 24 dollars on ps3 brand new.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Then i went to goodwill to look around. They had 40% off everything in store. I found, get this....2 brand new guitar hero III 360' bundles for 79.99. I walked out of the store with one of them and got it out the door for 52 bucks. They also had warhawk for 24 dollars on ps3 brand new.[/quote]
Nice find on the Guitar Hero bundle. I picked one up at Goodwill (no box, but game and guitar) earlier in the week for $40. Gotta love Goodwill.

[quote name='JJSP']Nice find on the Guitar Hero bundle. I picked one up at Goodwill (no box, but game and guitar) earlier in the week for $40. Gotta love Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

more hate then good..out of the last thirty times i went, i think this is the only time ive found something priced reasonable thanks to black friday. otherwise i wouldnt touch 79.99 with a 10 inch P*nis.

Went to fry's at 6am this morning. picked up guitar hero III for ps2 with a guitar controller for 54.99. Then i went to target to pick up a digital photo frame for 49.99. Went to burger king and got me a double croissant breakfast combo. Home by 10am. Been playing guitar hero III all day.....

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']more hate then good..out of the last thirty times i went, i think this is the only time ive found something priced reasonable thanks to black friday. otherwise i wouldnt touch 79.99 with a 10 inch P*nis.[/quote]

are you talking about goodwill the thrift store??? how the hell did they get guitar hero bundles??? Nice find!!!

[quote name='Darwin23']are you talking about goodwill the thrift store??? how the hell did they get guitar hero bundles??? Nice find!!![/quote]
They are most likely ones people returned to Target (Target "donates" a lot of stuff to Goodwill).

went to FYE at 10 and got the last zelda bundle. Then price adjust the Zune at TRU. Did the rest of the shopping online.

[quote name='danked']I worked all day, missed my hockey game, and yeah had a truck smash my hand into a wall.[/quote]

OK- I am officially happy with my Thanksgiving and BF- sorry to hear that bro :(

bread's done
Back