Potential Free Gamestop Credit YMMV?

boogie4114

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Hello folks I received a text to my phone from gamestop about potential unused credit to go to gamestop.com/credit and I filled out the info and lo and behold there was a balance there that I know I used about a week before switching to powerup card in October. But since the information I filled was correct I was told I would receive an e-mail within 4 hours containing a link to a printable Edge Card for your unused trade-in credit.

So hopefully that may work for a few all they ask is for your last name and your phone number thats linked to your powerup/edge.

www.gamestop.com/credit

You got that text because you specifically have unused credit, i.e. they send out those texts/calls to people who may or may not have unused credit. If you didn't get a text or call, you have nothing.

Not exactly a deal, per se, but I got the same text, logged in, and had a small credit. I zero'd my balance on my edge card months ago!

I have some credit too... but why would I have an? Wouldn't I have gotten the trade in credit when I was there.. actually trading in.

[quote name='confoosious']I have some credit too... but why would I have an? Wouldn't I have gotten the trade in credit when I was there.. actually trading in.[/QUOTE]

Yall not understanding that the credit i received I know I used it already cuz I bought nba 2k11 with the same amount I was told I would receive in the next 4 hours or so and I had that balance on the old edge card not the powerup card

[quote name='drktrpr1']Not exactly a deal, per se, but I got the same text, logged in, and had a small credit. I zero'd my balance on my edge card months ago![/QUOTE]

my edge card was zeroed before I went into powerup but for some others the amount will be higher than a few bucks and maybe also others didnt take the text seriously

[quote name='confoosious']What I didn't understand was that "sentence."[/QUOTE]

The credit that I'm receiving is considered unused when I know I used it already so others might get credit that they thought they used up as well. Just enter the info u might be lucky.

Well for one, your link doesn't work to check (at least not for me). Two, if you know that you already spent the credit then it's obviously a mistake...therefore not a deal. Right?

Also, have you tried to spend this other credit yet? It could also just be a delayed response from them. It could have already been scheduled to be sent out before you spent it...this has happened to me at Best Buy before where I'll get notification that I have a certificate waiting a few days after I already spent it.

EDIT: Got the link to work by typing it in myself...won't even let me check. Although I know in the past they have never gotten my info right so I should probably assume that they still do not.

it kept giving me error messages when I tried every phone number i've had an edge card under (I give old/disconnected numbers to avoid their bullshit calls) and it removed me from the page after 3 tries. I think it's specifically for people who got a message. I wouldn't have, because the numbers are all bad, but worth a try, i guess.

They called my friend about unused credit he went and they said you have a paidoff Black Ops witch is weird because he got it from Gamestop midnight launch

Damn! Thanks OP. I had no idea I still had $10 credit! In fact I asked a GS employee during the B2G1 free sale and he said I didn't have anything on my account. So thanks for that. I wish I had known about this during the B2G1 sale, now I don't know what to spend it on. :/

you're mad cause you got no credit and so the thread should be moved?

I got $18. I'm just confused why. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth right?

Hmm...I just got this txt the other day; this post helped remind me to go check the page out. It just told me I had like $14.xx and $78.xx in unused credit! We'll see if I get the e-mail from them however; I seem to remember this happened to me and one of my flipping buddies a few years ago, but we took the certificate in that they gave us, but they could never apply the credit (ie the cert didn't work in-store).

Let's hope it pans out this time...I would love an extra $90 or so in GS credit. Also, my same friend just got the txt also the other day, so maybe he'll get lucky, as well...

[quote name='confoosious']you're mad cause you got no credit and so the thread should be moved?

I got $18. I'm just confused why. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth right?[/QUOTE]

I sure think its a deal for some because I got $41 and it would sure knock off the price of a future purchase for me at least.

ok, something is wrong here...I don't even want to post how much money it is showing in mine, but it is enough where I feel guilty using it...I traded in a Ps3 and some games a while back and used that money to buy an xbox slim...I also switched over to the powerup program during this transaction...lets just say I have a LOT of credit in there that I should not.

I received a call last week but it only told me to visit the store to get my credit. When I try the link, it says that they already sent me an email with a link to a giftcard but I haven't received that e-mail. I did receive a giftcard early last year for some unused credit so I guess it must not let you get a giftcard for store credit more than once.

[quote name='confoosious']you're mad cause you got no credit and so the thread should be moved?

I got $18. I'm just confused why. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth right?[/QUOTE]

No, because it's not actually a deal and more like bragging rights. Me mad? LOL Far from it kid, you're such a drama queen and i've seen you post in numerous threads so don't even start with me.

[quote name='intoxicated662']No, because it's not actually a deal and more like bragging rights. Me mad? LOL Far from it kid, you're such a drama queen and i've seen you post in numerous threads so don't even start with me.[/QUOTE]

How am I bragging if I'm not the only 1 that confirmed this is happening to.

[quote name='foxdvd']ok, something is wrong here...I don't even want to post how much money it is showing in mine, but it is enough where I feel guilty using it...I traded in a Ps3 and some games a while back and used that money to buy an xbox slim...I also switched over to the powerup program during this transaction...lets just say I have a LOT of credit in there that I should not.[/QUOTE]

Hmm weird. Well how about you use the credit and then donate some money to charity to "balance out the universe"? :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']No, because it's not actually a deal and more like bragging rights. Me mad? LOL Far from it kid, you're such a drama queen and i've seen you post in numerous threads so don't even start with me.[/QUOTE]

Funny though how other people who did get the credit (and even those who didn't) are happy the OP posted this. And yet you feel the need to play moderator. Funny.
:roll:

this thread should not be moved. people are reporting that they are getting credit in this thread. us cags are always complaing about gamestop not giving us great deals anymore, so i think this is a great deal cause were actually able to look up our old accounts to see if we have any credit. thanks for the heads up op!

[quote name='confoosious']Funny though how other people who did get the credit (and even those who didn't) are happy the OP posted this. And yet you feel the need to play moderator. Funny.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

No, there's a reason there are rules implemented and such. Did I say this sucked, bash gamestop or anything? Nope, just said the thread should be moved (which it did). You feel the need to be such a drama queen and as I stated previously, i've seen your past posts in numerous threads and you're quite the person to stay away from. Enjoy, I will.

Looks like whiny mcgee got his way.

It's too bad some people are gonna miss out on free credit. oh well, thanks anyway OP. I got mine,.

I've received phone calls from GS about credit but never bothered with it. I know I had put down 5 bucks for Street Fighter 4 but ended up just buying it at another GS, so I'm guessing that's the credit they're talking about. Either way, the site isn't working for me for some reason and keeps telling me that they can't find my phone number in their system or whatever. >_>

Just curious, is anyone receiving the phantom credit not signed up to receive texts from gamestop?

Congrats to all those who have lots of credit showing up!

[quote name='confoosious']Looks like whiny mcgee got his way.

It's too bad some people are gonna miss out on free credit. oh well, thanks anyway OP. I got mine,.[/QUOTE]

I know it didn't "technically" belong in the deals but I know that forum has alot more traffic traffic than here and would get more people to look into it.

[quote name='Luxuria']I've received phone calls from GS about credit but never bothered with it. I know I had put down 5 bucks for Street Fighter 4 but ended up just buying it at another GS, so I'm guessing that's the credit they're talking about. Either way, the site isn't working for me for some reason and keeps telling me that they can't find my phone number in their system or whatever. >_>[/QUOTE]

I thought that too but it's not it.

I didn't put $18.63 on something, you know?

And I don't think GS would accrue interest on my $5 deposits.

I'm confused; I went into my local store on Thursday and used a gift card for $107.92 and put it toward a 3DS pre-order. Friday morning, I received the text that I had unused credit, and when I went to the website, it showed in the amount of $107.92. I filled out the info and still haven't received the email. So now I have no idea if that money is on my 3DS preorder, still on the gift card, or lost somewhere in the ether.

This isn't a link for the Nigerian GameStop, is it?

[quote name='garfep']I'm confused; I went into my local store on Thursday and used a gift card for $107.92 and put it toward a 3DS pre-order. Friday morning, I received the text that I had unused credit, and when I went to the website, it showed in the amount of $107.92. I filled out the info and still haven't received the email. So now I have no idea if that money is on my 3DS preorder, still on the gift card, or lost somewhere in the ether.[/QUOTE]

Your credit is probably just on hold until the 3DS release date. Similar to when you place a pre-order online and the credit is still available to use, but if you were to use some and not have enough to cover your order they would cancel it. I'd suggest not using any of that credit until after your 3DS transaction has been completed.

iiiiii got this a whiiile back and it was bcuz i reserved/preordered 2 games (put 5$ down on each) and neverrrr picked up my games and forgot about the credit..

You have unused trade-in credit in the amount of $148.14. This will be issued to you in the form of a printable Edge Card.

What the fuck!? I mean I know I have a Dead Space 2 CE reservation, but that's it! If it still says I have this after I pick up the Dead Space 2 CE, I'm so putting this on a Nintendo 3DS or PSP2!

Merry belated Christmas to me!

Thank you so much OP. Got my wallet stolen last semester which had an edge card with like $90 on it. Called every GS I could and they said there was nothing they could do. Sure enough this worked for me. Thanks a ton!! So pumped right now haha. Appreciate it OP.

:edit: PS, please don't let some of the assholes in here prevent you from posting topics like this in the future.

I believe you only get these messages if you reserved something and never picked it up or if the website issued you a credit but it never posted back to your EDGE/PUR card.

I know for a fact that I've burned every last dollar of credit I have with them as of now, so I doubt I'll ever get one of these messages.:razz:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']getting error message saying my info doesn't match any records... guess that means no credit?[/QUOTE]

Thats hwat it said for me as well. I always thought I had an extra pre order of credit at one particular store but this kind of puts me at ease at least.

So, don't know if this is the same issue or not, but recently GameStop corporate has initiated a system to call people with "Unused Credit" at their stores. This unused credit is -supposed- to be old preorders that were never picked up. Unfortunately the system is in error and has been calling -everyone- that has a preorder, period. So just be careful that you're not inadvertently removing money from a preorder you have.

no credit for me. oh wellz

EDIT: hmm never mind, i did get a call from them. i listed it as spam on my phone. haha. the website thing isnt working for me. guess ill have to call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back