POX List as of August 26th

Hi guys,
I did not see these on the list, but are they POX?
PS2 games Bad Boys
Backyard Wrestling 2
Cabellas Big Game Hunter
Midway Arcade Classic 1
Fisherman Bass Club

Thanks,
Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']Hi guys,
I did not see these on the list, but are they POX?
PS2 games Bad Boys
Backyard Wrestling 2
Cabellas Big Game Hunter
Midway Arcade Classic 1
Fisherman Bass Club

Thanks,
Matthew[/QUOTE]

Fishermans Bass Club is on the POX list, so no luck with that one. I'm pretty sure Bad Boys and MAT1 are PO and are still good to use.

BTW - I bought MOH: Frontline for PS2 at Gamestop for $3.99 (Pre-owned) in case anyone is looking for a cheap PO game for these EB trade in deals. I pretty sure MOH is PO - I just traded one in 2 weeks ago.

Anyone know if ESPN NBA 2K5 and NHL 2K5 are POX? I know they're not on the list, but I don't know if anything has changed after the 2006 editions were released. Thanks.

I'm going to trade-in a few things today for TW06 (PSP), and these are it:
XB-Links 2004
XB-Outrun 2
GC-Spider-man
GC-Sonic Mega Collection
PS2-MOH:F (which I will pick up from GS on the way)

If needed, I have these as backup:
XB-Obiwan
XB-NFS:U
XB-Elder Scrolls 3

I'll let you know how it works out...

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Just finished the GT4 trade-in deal. I traded in the following for it:
Soul Calibur 2 (PS2)
ESPN NBA 2K5 (PS2)
ESPN NHL 2K5 (PS2)[/QUOTE]

Wow - I have a couple of copies of NBA 2K5 from Target on clearance - I was about to return them as I assumed they would be POX as NFL 2k5 was a few months ago when I tried it. I'll use that today - thanks!

Did the GT4 deal (3 times) the deal is listed on the sale flyer and was posted in the PS2 games section. It was also automatic in the system.

Traded in: w normal tradein values (without the increase)
MidwayAT 1 Xbox 2.00
Rocky PS2 1.50
Ninja Gaiden 5.00
MaxPay 2 PS2 1.00
StrikeFBowl PS2 1.00
True Crime GC 3.00
Scrapland 1.50
Driv3r xbox 2.00
Bad Boys PS2 3.00

Normal tradein value $20 . . . got: $120 worth of GT4 games that are going back on Monday for credit.

My out of pocket . . . $22 in cash . . . $17.50 in EB credit and Ninja Gaiden doesn't count.

I got Ninja Gaiden on a tradein deal on release 5 games in but also got a $10 voucher . . . anyway, I just ordered NG Black for $20 PO from EB.com . . . so, I spent $7 in EB credit to trade up to Black.

Plus, it had taken awhile to pick up my last Ndogs from the GBA tradein deal . . . I returned it today and got back $35 instead of $30 (apparently they raised the price).

Man, I will miss EB when GS takes over.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm going to trade-in a few things today for TW06 (PSP), and these are it:
XB-Links 2004
XB-Outrun 2
GC-Spider-man
GC-Sonic Mega Collection
PS2-MOH:F (which I will pick up from GS on the way)

If needed, I have these as backup:
XB-Obiwan
XB-NFS:U
XB-Elder Scrolls 3

I'll let you know how it works out...[/QUOTE]

After going to the EB in Augusta Mall, and them not knowing SHIT about their own promotions (even after showing them the flyer...
"Uhh, that's just you get them free with $50 worth of trade-ins"
Isn't that how normal operations work, fuckwad?

Went to the other one, and it worked fine after they looked it up in the system. All of my five listed worked, and traded in ES3 for $7 and paid a whopping $18.50 for PSP-TW06, XB-MAT3, and GPGs on both.

Traded: (xbox)

RAinbow Six 3 - 1.50
Spinter Cell PD - 3.00
Baldur's Gate DA = 1.50

I was offered $7.50 after 25% bonus....I had to point out the GT4 coupon on the flyer, afterwards the employee* told me he had to get in on that deal

*Not sure what to call an employee at EBGames or any game shop for that matter...some deserve a title...well actually, all deserve a title, some more fitting than others

Nothing surprising here, but the following are all still PO:
PS2 - Pinball Hall of Fame, PS2 - ESPN NBA2K5, GC - Spyhunter, GC - Rocky

Got 2 copies of GT4 - funny, they aren't making it $34.99 like last time. I'm actually keeping one and may trade the other into GR, so it doesn't really matter. But in any case this is much better than trying to get Tiger Woods or NBA Live with 5 different games (I used some duplicates in the 2 trades, which they would never let me do on one 5-game trade).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']wait...trading in 3 games towards GT4 will bump them up to $50?[/QUOTE]

$39.99 - each game gets bumped to $13.33. GT4 is $39.99 new on ebgames.com right now. Maybe it was $49.99 and they lowered it for the sale - dunno...

So, I want to go trade some crap titles for gt4. Now, last time I tried to do a deal and get a gift receipt to return it later, I asked for the gift receipt and didn't notice until days later that the extra receipt he gave me was JUST an extra, reprint of the original receipt.

But, the EB guys can print me an actual gift receipt right? So it doesn't show that I used a deal to purchase the title?

Well, I don't know if they can tell if you used the deal or not, but the gift receipt should say "******** GIFT RECEIPT ********" and have the game listed with no price. It is a separate thing they do after ringing up the trade deal. I just did this a few hours ago.

I just noticed, that, like someone else said, it does have "Pre-Played" written on it... Very interesting...
OK, my NBA Live '06 gift receipt from the presell deal (trade 5 get a preorder free) just says "SALE" where the GT4 one says "Pre-Played". So it does seem to indicate that some sort of trade-in deal was used to get GT4 (though why it didn't happen on the NBA Live who knows - except that receipt was from the pickup and not the deal itself). We'll just have to get reports from people using the gift receipts to see what that means (schulzted?).

Doesn't matter to me - I have other things I can do with them (if nothing else, trade them into GR). But it would be nice to know what they are up to with this.

[quote name='io']Well, I don't know if they can tell if you used the deal or not, but the gift receipt should say "******** GIFT RECEIPT ********" and have the game listed with no price. It is a separate thing they do after ringing up the trade deal. I just did this a few hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

Allright, new question. I read that the GT4 promo is supposedly listed in their flyer, but looking over their flyer online, I don't see it at all.

It is listed in their "In Store Trade In Offers" Section of the site, but I don't see it in their October flyer.

[quote name='Machikunas']Allright, new question. I read that the GT4 promo is supposedly listed in their flyer, but looking over their flyer online, I don't see it at all.

It is listed in their "In Store Trade In Offers" Section of the site, but I don't see it in their October flyer.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter when it works automatically as it should (as opposed to the deals earlier last week and the Nintendogs one a while back). The guy at my EB had no clue about the deal - but he scanned my 3 games, scanned GT4, and it worked. So, you really don't even have to ask about it. Just say you want to trade 3 games and purchase GT4 new. If it doesn't work, for some strange reason, just say to forget it.

[quote name='io']$39.99 - each game gets bumped to $13.33. GT4 is $39.99 new on ebgames.com right now. Maybe it was $49.99 and they lowered it for the sale - dunno...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually checked EB two days ago before the sale started and GT4 was $49.99, so they definately lowered it for the sale. Better than the previous $34.99 though.

Was the NBL Live 06 you got from a preorder? When I preordered Suffering 2 it actually said "presell" on my gift reciept. The pre-played thing on GT4 is odd though.

Does EB everywhere always ask you for your name, addy, etc when you trade in? Obviously they will if you preorder. I just noticed most of my receipts have my customer number on it, and I wonder if that's trackable. I've never gone crazy with cancelling and returning, just curious.

[quote name='evophile']
Was the NBL Live 06 you got from a preorder? When I preordered Suffering 2 it actually said "presell" on my gift reciept. The pre-played thing on GT4 is odd though.

Does EB everywhere always ask you for your name, addy, etc when you trade in? Obviously they will if you preorder. I just noticed most of my receipts have my customer number on it, and I wonder if that's trackable. I've never gone crazy with cancelling and returning, just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does say "Presell" at the bottom, below the barcode. But at the top where the GT4 one says "Pre-Played" (next to the EB employee's first name), it says "SALE" instead.

Looking at other receipts, I see the same "Pre-Played" when I am doing any trade-ins, whether for the $5 bonus, or a preorder deal. So it seems they have tagged this somehow as coming from a trade deal. We'll see how that pans out... Though it seems that it would be unnecessary to reduce the price of GT4 to $39.99 if they wouldn't allow gift receipts/returns to work. They could just keep it at $49.99 and not allow the exchanges.

As far as I know, they take name/address/phone/drivers licence number and make you sign each time you trade games in - at least they always have for me.

[quote name='io']

As far as I know, they take name/address/phone/drivers licence number and make you sign each time you trade games in - at least they always have for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too.

anyone try trading ATV off road Fury lately?(didn't see it on the list) I noticed it dropped in price at Gamestop and I'll need a couple of games to round out my trade deals.

[quote name='io']Well, I don't know if they can tell if you used the deal or not, but the gift receipt should say "******** GIFT RECEIPT ********" and have the game listed with no price. It is a separate thing they do after ringing up the trade deal. I just did this a few hours ago.

I just noticed, that, like someone else said, it does have "Pre-Played" written on it... Very interesting...
OK, my NBA Live '06 gift receipt from the presell deal (trade 5 get a preorder free) just says "SALE" where the GT4 one says "Pre-Played". So it does seem to indicate that some sort of trade-in deal was used to get GT4 (though why it didn't happen on the NBA Live who knows - except that receipt was from the pickup and not the deal itself). We'll just have to get reports from people using the gift receipts to see what that means (schulzted?).

Doesn't matter to me - I have other things I can do with them (if nothing else, trade them into GR). But it would be nice to know what they are up to with this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I mentioned the "Pre-played" on the Gift Receipt for GT4 and was worried it would hamper my return of the game. But I traded it in with no problems using the Gift Receipt --- maybe I got lucky, who knows?

[quote name='io']Though it seems that it would be unnecessary to reduce the price of GT4 to $39.99 if they wouldn't allow gift receipts/returns to work. They could just keep it at $49.99 and not allow the exchanges.[/QUOTE]

And why even allow Gift Receipts for GT 4 at all if the person you "give" it to can't return it.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Yeah - I mentioned the "Pre-played on the Gift Receipt for GT4 and was worried it would hamper my return of the game. But I traded it in with no problems using the Gift Receipt --- maybe I got lucky, who knows?

And why even allow Gift Receipts for GT 4 at all if the person you "give" it to can't return it.[/QUOTE]

Well, you've answered the issue for us then - you can return GT4 using the gift receipt. I guess what they could do with the gift receipt on the trade-in deal is give the person back the value of the games you traded in - so, like, $12 or $7 or whatever, instead of the full $39.99. But apparently they aren't doing that :D.

I need to get in on the GT4 deal. I am thinking of trading in:

Midway Arcade Treasures (the promo penny one) (xbox)
Sillent Hill 2 (Xbox)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (GCN)

You think that this will work?

[quote name='ananag112']I need to get in on the GT4 deal. I am thinking of trading in:

Sillent Hill 2 (Xbox)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (GCN)

You think that this will work?[/QUOTE]

MAT2 will work
Silent Hill 2 isn't on the POX list . . . but it may be POX because they sell if for $7.99 and $9.99 seems to be a cut off point to be added to the POX list
NBA S2 was on the old POX list, but not on the newer one

I'd bring along a few extra games to be sure.

Stop by BB and see if you can get a THUG2 for $5.

Still PO as of Oct. 16th: PS2 - NBA 2K5, Midway Arcade Treasures 1, PS2 - Trivial Pursuit, GC - Rocky, GC - Bond: Everything or Nothing, GC - Spy Hunter.

I don't see ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) on the exclusion list... think I can get on the GT4 deal with this and I-Ninja/Final Fantasy X-2?

[quote name='paean']I don't see ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) on the exclusion list... think I can get on the GT4 deal with this and I-Ninja/Final Fantasy X-2?[/QUOTE]

I-ninja what system? I'm pretty sure it will work with most systems though. I used an XBOX one a little while back. And FFX2 should work too.

[quote name='evophile']I-ninja what system? I'm pretty sure it will work with most systems though. I used an XBOX one a little while back. And FFX2 should work too.[/QUOTE]

I-Ninja for Xbox... If NHL 2k5 would work, that would be great, since I don't have another game I want to give up.

[quote name='ananag112']I need to get in on the GT4 deal. I am thinking of trading in:

Sillent Hill 2 (Xbox)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (GCN)

You think that this will work?[/QUOTE]

NBA Street 2 GC is now PO . . . it was POX a few months ago . . . Great, I can use it on GT4 . . . plus I got 2 copies of THUG2 of a penny each at BB! . . . see that thread for the story.

[quote name='schultzed']NBA Street 2 GC is now PO . . . it was POX a few months ago . . . Great, I can use it on GT4 . . . plus I got 2 copies of THUG2 of a penny each at BB! . . . see that thread for the story.[/QUOTE]

OK, read your story - no more complaining about MY luck :D. I have 2 PS2 copies to pick up at my Best Buy - I hadn't even thought of trying the coupon, since they tend to be a little touchy when using the $5 off coupon on a $4.99 game (I've been shot down as many times as it has worked, and those were on regular purchases non in-store pickups).

The interesting thing, though, is that THUG2 is still ringing up $4.99 in store? I would think it would have to for the return/repurchase to have worked for you the way it did. I know the price has changed back to $19.99 online. If it is still $4.99 in store and I can find one, maybe I'll try making a normal purchase with the coupon, and then just cancelling my in store pickup order.

[quote name='paean']I-Ninja for Xbox... If NHL 2k5 would work, that would be great, since I don't have another game I want to give up.[/QUOTE]

I was at EB today and I NHL 2K5 had a PO price sticker as of 9/30/05. There's a good chance it's still PO, but the price is down to $7.99. It could have changed in the last 17 days, but maybe not. I'd go down to EB as soon as you can to check it out to catch it before it goes POX if it's not already.

traded in 3 games for GT4 today:

-MOH: Frontline(PS2)
-MAT 1(PS2)
-Soul Calibur 2(xbox)

all still PO.

Some interesting side news:

I talked to the manager of my local EB for a while today about the gamestop merger and got some interesting info. Some "facts"(according to this manager):

1. Edge cards will still be honored even after the change to Gamestop(he's not sure how it will work or if edge cards will work at gamestop as well)

2. Gamestop will adopt EB's POS system(and possible their exclusion list?)

3. EB will begin changing it's prices to match gamestop's prices over the next few months (BOOOOOOOOO!!!!)

4. There will be a joint Gamestop/EBGames ad for the holiday season to formally announce the merger(i'm assuming that all prices will be the same by then between the two stores)

5. Most EB's will change to Gamestop around Feb/March timeframe.

6. Most stores will keep their current employees(which is good because the guys at my local EB are totally cool)

I think I'm forgetting some stuff but I'll post if I remember anything else. Good news and bad I suppose.....

[quote name='io']OK, read your story - no more complaining about MY luck :D. I have 2 PS2 copies to pick up at my Best Buy - I hadn't even thought of trying the coupon, since they tend to be a little touchy when using the $5 off coupon on a $4.99 game (I've been shot down as many times as it has worked, and those were on regular purchases non in-store pickups).

The interesting thing, though, is that THUG2 is still ringing up $4.99 in store? I would think it would have to for the return/repurchase to have worked for you the way it did. I know the price has changed back to $19.99 online. If it is still $4.99 in store and I can find one, maybe I'll try making a normal purchase with the coupon, and then just cancelling my in store pickup order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did hit a little jackpot . . . 2 cents that converts to $26 in EB credit :)

I can't tell . . . she may have returned them off my receipt, so they'd still be $4.99 and then when she charged them to me again, it reads the game and SKU but by price it says . . . 0.01. So, I think she just forced the coupon through. Must have gotten an A in my class :whistle2:0

Gamestop's prices aren't bad actually...as long as the sales and espcially the coupon codes will still work.

Two new ps2 markdowns at Best Buy.

Backyard Wrestling 2
Calbela....2005....doesn't matter all Calbela ps2 games are PO at EB.

Both $5 after the McDonalds/Best Buy $5 off coupon and PO at EB.

All PO as of Oct 17th: PS2 - R-Type Final, PS2 - Call of Duty: FH, GC - Soul Calibur II.

Interestingly, Call of Duty has gone back up to $5. It had dropped to $4 during the end of the $5 bonus deal. Soul Calibur II gets $4, and R-Type gets $3. Of course, I really got $13.33 for each with the GT4 deal.

Thanks for the news on the new Best Buy drops, though I'd be embarassed to buy either of those games (though I seemed to be able to buy multiple Bad Boys with no problem :D). I was there tonight and picked up another old faithful - Midway Arcade Treasures. Unlike some of the others (Beyond Good & Evil, e.g.) they seem to have a never-ending supply of MAT1 so I don't feel bad stocking up on it as trade fodder.

I was shot down trying to buy a couple GC THUG 2 - they were marked in the game section as "$4.99 - As advertised". When I brought them up, of course, they rang up $19.99. When I mentioned the sign another rep came over and looked through the ad and found out that you had to buy THAW first. Apparently, other CAGs were able to get them in store for $5 - no dice for me. So I just bought the MAT1...

Wisconsin EB employees apparently have still not been taught how to print a gift receipt.... everytime they just print a copy of the original, I explain what a gift receipt is, and they don't know how to do it... oh well. To eBay I guess. I don't need 2 copies, of GT4 when I've got Burnout 3.

actually thats a good question....i was thinking of trading in 3 to get GT4 and then immediately asking the clerk what the trade in value is ....i would have loved to see the look on their face....more or likely it would be more then the value of the games you just traded

[quote name='io']All PO as of Oct 17th: PS2 - R-Type Final, PS2 - Call of Duty: FH, GC - Soul Calibur II.

Interestingly, Call of Duty has gone back up to $5. It had dropped to $4 during the end of the $5 bonus deal. Soul Calibur II gets $4, and R-Type gets $3. Of course, I really got $13.33 for each with the GT4 deal.

Thanks for the news on the new Best Buy drops, though I'd be embarassed to buy either of those games (though I seemed to be able to buy multiple Bad Boys with no problem :D). I was there tonight and picked up another old faithful - Midway Arcade Treasures. Unlike some of the others (Beyond Good & Evil, e.g.) they seem to have a never-ending supply of MAT1 so I don't feel bad stocking up on it as trade fodder.

I was shot down trying to buy a couple GC THUG 2 - they were marked in the game section as "$4.99 - As advertised". When I brought them up, of course, they rang up $19.99. When I mentioned the sign another rep came over and looked through the ad and found out that you had to buy THAW first. Apparently, other CAGs were able to get them in store for $5 - no dice for me. So I just bought the MAT1...[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you didn't order THUG 2 for instore pickup :)

I saw the GC version marked as $4.99 as advertised and realized that my store would likely say the same thing. Apparently if you bought it on Sun it rang up as $5 but they fixed it on Mon.

[quote name='schultzed']I'm surprised you didn't order THUG 2 for instore pickup :)

I saw the GC version marked as $4.99 as advertised and realized that my store would likely say the same thing. Apparently if you bought it on Sun it rang up as $5 but they fixed it on Mon.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course, I did. But they had a huge pile so I wanted to get a few more for trades, especially as I knew they'd fix the glitch sooner or later. I had another store pickup order at a store further away - just got an email today that it was cancelled - never had THAT happen before, after they told me it was ready to pick up. They must have gone through the system and killed orders that hadn't been picked up yet. Very sneaky - "devil" retailer :D...

[quote name='io']Well, of course, I did. But they had a huge pile so I wanted to get a few more for trades, especially as I knew they'd fix the glitch sooner or later. I had another store pickup order at a store further away - just got an email today that it was cancelled - never had THAT happen before, after they told me it was ready to pick up. They must have gone through the system and killed orders that hadn't been picked up yet. Very sneaky - "devil" retailer :D...[/QUOTE]

I think we should all get together and put together a class-action lawsuit that makes retailers honor their website prices, 'different company' or not. I think the savings would outweigh the taxes (that are coming, anyways...)

[quote name='io']Well, of course, I did. But they had a huge pile so I wanted to get a few more for trades, especially as I knew they'd fix the glitch sooner or later. I had another store pickup order at a store further away - just got an email today that it was cancelled - never had THAT happen before, after they told me it was ready to pick up. They must have gone through the system and killed orders that hadn't been picked up yet. Very sneaky - "devil" retailer :D...[/QUOTE]

Ah, you are crafty.

I did 3 more GT4s today (got the ones I returned yesterday :))

NBA Street 2 GC 2.00
I Ninja Xbox 2.00 (which the clerk was going to buy right away)
THUG 2 PS2 5.00

MOH Front PS2 1.00
Cookie Cream PS2 2.00
Nightshade PS2 2.00

Escape from Monkey 2.00
True Crime GC 3.00
THUG2 PS2 5.00

$120 in credit from $2.50 cash, $10 in FYE credit, $30 in EB credit and 2 pennies at Best Buy :)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I think we should all get together and put together a class-action lawsuit that makes retailers honor their website prices, 'different company' or not. I think the savings would outweigh the taxes (that are coming, anyways...)[/QUOTE]

The thing being, in the case of my THUG2 in-store pickup that was cancelled, their web site didn't even honor their web site pricing (be it a mistake or not) :D.

[quote name='Jedi1979']actually thats a good question....i was thinking of trading in 3 to get GT4 and then immediately asking the clerk what the trade in value is ....i would have loved to see the look on their face....more or likely it would be more then the value of the games you just traded[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure GT4 only get $10 at EB Games. I took my GT4 (from the first deal this summer) in and asked if I could get credit instead. They said no, of course, but said that I could trade it in for $10. He was willing to increase it to $15, but I think it's in the computer for $10. I sold it on Ebay for $26.50 instead.

bread's done
Back