POX List as of August 26th

I've picked up six copies thus far of GT4, and have returned them all; going to flip one or two more tomorrow (I'm cycling between three different EBs)... I think I've literally traded for the same copy three times now ;)

Will probably pick up some more cheap junk tomorrow (Metroid Prime, Bad Boys) and continue flipping this deal as much as possible...

According to another thread, GameStop is having a B2G1 free sale now through this weekend. Does anyone know 3 games under $5 that are PO at EB games? I know Jak & Daxter is $4.99. Both Splinter Cell (PS2) and Medal of Honor: Frontline (PS2) have increased to $7.99 at GS.

Just called up several EBs today and had them each check a few games GC/XBX for me. I found the following POX games (I don't think they were on the original list):

GCN Lord of the Rings The Two Towers POX
XBX Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring POX
XBX Lord of the Rings The Two Towers POX
XBX Van Helsing POX
XBX XGRA POX

Did #9 and #10 today . . . running out of games :) Done. 3 copies of GT4 to return yet but damn that was a nice boost to my EB credit!!

NeoContra 4.00 paid $5 Target
Strike Force 1.00 paid $5 BB
Fairly Odd 2 5.00 paid $10 and played it Kmart
Jak 1 1.00 old and will replace for $6 from eb.com
THUG2 CG 6.00 paid $5 BB
Raze's Hell 4.00 free from Advent Rising settlement

Hmm I used a lot of BBV credit to buy $10 games that qualify... but I didn't know that you had to have the manual for this promotion. Case and manual it says in fine print.. :( hopefully someone won't read that at another store.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Just traded in 3 games for the GT4:
Midway Arcade Treasure 2 - Trade in value $5 (bought at TRU for $0.01)
Tony Hawk Underground 2 - Trade in value $5 (bought at BB for $5 - $5 BBB)
Bad Boys - Trade in value $3 (bought at BB for $9.99 - $5 McD coupon)

They didn't have a factory sealed copy - only a copy with clear round seal on the long edge.

(I tried to buy MOH: F at the GameStop at the mall and it had a $7.99 sticker on it instead of $3.99 - oh well - had to make a quick run to BB to pick up Bad Boys.)[/QUOTE]

Did you have any problems returning the open copy of GT4? I did a trade today and they gave me a resealed display copy, which I have actually been dodging on the other trades, but it was their last copy. I'm juts curious as it's obviously resealed and it missing the sticker that Sony puts on the top of its games.

The 2 trades I did were:

PS2 Kya - $1.00
XBX SSX 3 - $3.00
PS2 Arc the Lad: Twilight - $1.00

GC NCAA 2005 - $3.00
PS2 Saturday Night Speedway - $2.00
GC NHL 2005 - $2.00

Okay, the other stores let me trade in without manuals. Here are all my values so I can throw my receipts away:

PO-SHENMUE 2 XB 1.00
PO-SEGA SOCCER SLAM XB 1.00
PO-TOP GEAR RPM TUNING XB 2.00
PO-INDIANA JONES EMP TOMB XB 2.00
PO-MAGIC THE GATHERING XB 1.00
PO-ROBOTECH INVASION XB 3.00
PO-RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN XB 2.00
PO-SPLASHDOWN XB 2.00
PO-HITMAN 2 XB 1.00
PO-MEDAL OF HONOR FRONTLINE XB 1.00
PO-VOODOO VINCE XB 2.00
PO-ARMED AND DANGEROUS XB 1.00

PO-METROID PRIME GC 0.50
PO-HARRY POTTER CHM/SEC GC 1.00

PO-CALL OF DUTY FH PS 5.00
PO-MUSASHI S/L PS 6.00
PO-XENOSAGA 2 PS2 7.00
PO-KILL ZONE PS2 5.00

[quote name='evophile']Did you have any problems returning the open copy of GT4? I did a trade today and they gave me a resealed display copy, which I have actually been dodging on the other trades, but it was their last copy. I'm juts curious as it's obviously resealed and it missing the sticker that Sony puts on the top of its games.

The 2 trades I did were:

PS2 Kya - $1.00
XBX SSX 3 - $3.00
PS2 Arc the Lad: Twilight - $1.00

GC NCAA 2005 - $3.00
PS2 Saturday Night Speedway - $2.00
GC NHL 2005 - $2.00[/QUOTE]
No problem - she resealed it with a round clear sticker along the long edge. [I had asked for a factory sealed one but she couldn't find one.] With the receipt, I had no problem returning. Its pretty common for EB to remove discs for the display copies and reseal when sold. You should NOT get any hassle from another EB.

Did the GT4 trade in deal this evening.

JAK II (PS2) - $2
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (Gamecube) - $3
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex (Gamecube) - $4

[quote name='cheapfrag']According to another thread, GameStop is having a B2G1 free sale now through this weekend. Does anyone know 3 games under $5 that are PO at EB games? I know Jak & Daxter is $4.99. Both Splinter Cell and Medal of Honor: Frontline have increased to $7.99 at GS.[/QUOTE]

Spiderman, Hitman 2, and ATV Offroad Fury 2. I've used those 3 titles ALOT for these trade-in deals. Usually I also use MOH:F, but apparently not anymore.

[quote name='banpeikun']Hmm I used a lot of BBV credit to buy $10 games that qualify... but I didn't know that you had to have the manual for this promotion. Case and manual it says in fine print.. :( hopefully someone won't read that at another store.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... guess I got lucky then, because the JAK II I traded in was in a Blockbuster case and didn't have a manual.

[quote name='Machikunas']Spiderman, Hitman 2, and ATV Offroad Fury 2. I've used those 3 titles ALOT for these trade-in deals. Usually I also use MOH:F, but apparently not anymore.[/QUOTE]
Thanks - I assume those are all PS2?

[quote name='alive741']And everyone wonders why EBGames will be using Gamestop's deals soon :p[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah obviously. I asked the guy at EB what was gonna happen and he wasn't sure, but probably thought they wouldn't do as many deals anymore because Gamestop never does stuff like this.

If that's true this will probably be it for me trading games. Never had any Gamerushes, the only Blockbuster that took games near me closed down, no FYE, Gamecrazy, etc. heh. Hopefully EB has some stuff for November and that's it.

I think Schultzed said something along the lines of gotta take all you can get for now, because who knows in the future.

[quote name='evophile']Haha, yeah obviously. I asked the guy at EB what was gonna happen and he wasn't sure, but probably thought they wouldn't do as many deals anymore because Gamestop never does stuff like this.

If that's true this will probably be it for me trading games. Never had any Gamerushes, the only Blockbuster that took games near me closed down, no FYE, Gamecrazy, etc. heh. Hopefully EB has some stuff for November and that's it.

I think Schultzed said something along the lines of gotta take all you can get for now, because who knows in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the deal I'm riding now. Last year, it was the Target raincheck (esp. the Zelda one that got me 7 new release games for $16.88 each!)

The deals won't vanish because we've exploited them . . . they'll end because GS is run by cocksuckers.

i used the following games on 2 separate trade-ins for the GT4 deal.

Raze's Hell ($5 at KB clearance)
Otogi Myth of Demons ($10 at KB clearance)
Arc the Lad: TOTS ($5 at KB clearance)

Enter the Matrix ($1 at KB clearance)
Arc the Lad: TOTS
Klonoa 2

So i guess those are all PO. hope that helps.

[quote name='otteporihs']Can I return the game I got from trade-in for store credit?[/QUOTE]

Ask for a gift receipt when you're doing the deal; I've never had any problems returning a game with a gift receipt in the dozens of times I've done it over the years.

[quote name='otteporihs']Can I return the game I got from trade-in for store credit?[/QUOTE]

YMMV your mileage may vary . . . you won't know you can do it until you try.

A gift receipt may help but you may be able to do it with a normal receipt as well, YMMV.

Traded in these three for GT4:
NBA Ballers - $3
Gungrave overdose - $2
Dual Hearts - $1

Possibly will buy back Gungrave OD at Gamestop or something just to complete the series (the game itself was horrible). Returned GT4 and traded in a fat PS2 (stuck a retrocon with it rather than the dualshock) I picked up for $25. The old PS2 only gets $65 credit - with the current bonus it's $75.

[quote name='cheapfrag']No problem - she resealed it with a round clear sticker along the long edge. [I had asked for a factory sealed one but she couldn't find one.] With the receipt, I had no problem returning. Its pretty common for EB to remove discs for the display copies and reseal when sold. You should NOT get any hassle from another EB.[/QUOTE]

OY! Had a crazy day at EB today. Had two GT4s to return.
Figured I'd try to return the resealed "new display" copy first. Go to store one, ask to return it, and girl looks at it, and rips it open and checks if the deal is inside. She says I can only exchange it straight up for something there because it's not factory sealed. There wasn't anything I wanted other than credit, so I said I'll think about it and come back later. When she gave it back to me, she put a white sticker on the edge saying it's returnable in 14 days as long as the seal isn't broken. Gotta figure out what to do with this copy now.

Went to EB store #2 to do a different return, and decided to use a factory sealed copy this time. Girl tells me I can only do an exchange, I'm thinking "argh!" at this point. I did need a Action Replay Max so I can get some Fire Pro Returns saves my PS2 and this was the only one of 2 stores near me that has one, so I got it.

I never go to those stores much and the EBs by my place have really cool guys and gals working there, so I guess I got caught off guard today.
Is there an actual policy for what you can do with a return gift receipt? I never
had problem getting credit before. Oh well, YMMV as they say.

Also did two more GT4's the past few days:

XBX Hobbit - $1.00
GC Rainbow Six 3 - $3.00
GC SRS - $5.00

GC Baten Kaitos - $5.00
XBX Project Snowblind - $3.00
XBX Goblin Commander - $3.00

Picked up three more copies of GT4 today using the same three games (yes, three copies of each):

Jak and Daxter (buy two get one free from Gamestop, used credit)
Metroid Prime (bought with 10% off from EBgames for $5.50 in credit each)
Spiderman (same as Jak)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Picked up three more copies of GT4 today using the same three games (yes, three copies of each):

Jak and Daxter (buy two get one free from Gamestop, used credit)
Metroid Prime (bought with 10% off from EBgames for $5.50 in credit each)
Spiderman (same as Jak)[/QUOTE]
Nice, the most my EB will take is usually 2

Got two more copies of GT4 today. Ford Racing 3 and Motocross Mania 3 from the $10 Wal-Mart 3-pack are indeed PO.

Today I came to an EB and trade-in 3 games for the GT4. I asked for the gift receipt but the clerk there said that she couldn't give me a gift receipt because she knew that I'm gonna return it for store credit. Is it the customers' right to request a gift receipt?
Is she right? Should I call the EB Corp to report it?

[quote name='otteporihs']Today I came to an EB and trade-in 3 games for the GT4. I asked for the gift receipt but the clerk there said that she couldn't give me a gift receipt because she knew that I'm gonna return it for store credit. Is it the customers' right to request a gift receipt?
Is she right? Should I call the EB Corp to report it?[/QUOTE]

She was wrong to have said that she knew you were going to try returning it for store credit -- that is a direct accusation, and one that can not be proven. She should have said that she couldn't give you a gift receipt because some people try returning the games for store credit.

I don't think it is worth pursuing.

[quote name='guessed']She was wrong to have said that she knew you were going to try returning it for store credit -- that is a direct accusation, and one that can not be proven. She should have said that she couldn't give you a gift receipt because some people try returning the games for store credit.

I don't think it is worth pursuing.[/QUOTE]

Nicely stated . . . I agree that it doesn't pay to pursue the case.

Not that it matters much any more (after Zelda deal ends Nov. 2nd anyway), unless they come up with new trade-in deals, but the following are all still PO:

GC - Mortal Kombat DA: $2
GC - Soul Calibur II: $3
Xbox - Magic Gathering: $1
PS2 - Sly 2: $7 (wow, had no idea it would be this high!)
PS2 - THUG2: $5
PS2 - MAT1: $2

Got 2 final GT4's with the trade-in deal. At this store I did one trade and then asked if I could do another. They *looked* at the ad, and exclaimed that it didn't say one per customer (which it clearly does :D). So I went back to the car and got 3 more games (that I would have kept sealed if they didn't let me do the 2nd trade).

On the second trade, I actually gave them games worth $14 in EB credit - by far the most I have done, but I was scraping the last of my extra games to make that trade...

[quote name='io']Not that it matters much any more (after Zelda deal ends Nov. 2nd anyway), unless they come up with new trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

I bet they will have more trade-in deals . . . the merger w GS is not complete until next Spring (I've heard anyway). So, EB is likely to do business as usual.

The first of these deals that I really exploited (I was doing about one trade-in deal per month most months in 2004) was a 4 games to get select EA games last Dec. The deal was for Goldeneye, Need for Speed, a few others. I thought getting $12.50 per game was awesome ($50 after return). At that time, the TRU magic coupon was out there ($10 off any 2 games), so I was trading in games that cost $2, $1.25, or even free. I think I did that deal about 8 times. Target rainchecks had ended and since then, EB has become my near exclusive game source.

The other highlights in 2005 were getting $13.33 per on a 3 for PSP games in March . . . I did that one 10 times. And getting a $5 bonus per POX game (was that Feb.?). Those who had stockpiled free TRU games made out like bandits. I didn't want to hoard (for the sake of hoarding anyway). So, I passed on getting 20 copies each of Mad Maestro and what was the bad Super Monkey ball takeoff? Anyway, I still traded in a bunch of .60 Jampaks for mucho credit.

I've returned 8 of my 10 GT4s (store manager said I should space them out). So, today I brought one in and returned it.

The clerk was cool about it and he returned the game without looking at the receipts and it came up as $49.99 (instead of the $39.99 on the receipt). He didn't even notice . . . so, I made $16.66 per on those 3 games!

I checked online and GT4 went up to $49.99 new.

Now to make sure I get the same clerk for the final return :)

[quote name='schultzed']I've returned 8 of my 10 GT4s (store manager said I should space them out). So, today I brought one in and returned it.

The clerk was cool about it and he returned the game without looking at the receipts and it came up as $49.99 (instead of the $39.99 on the receipt). He didn't even notice . . . so, I made $16.66 per on those 3 games!

I checked online and GT4 went up to $49.99 new.

Now to make sure I get the same clerk for the final return :)[/QUOTE]

Wow - I have 2 to return. I'm trying to convice my wife to do it. It would be semi-legit that way too. Me: "Hey, , here's a little present for you", hands over GT4 and gift receipt. Wife: "WTF? I don't want this, think I'll return it."
Of course, there isn't anything *else* she'd want from EB either, but she can give me the gift card as a Christmas present :D. In fact, having her do that for me at 2 different stores with my 2 copies would be a fine enough Christmas present in and of itself. I certainly don't need more crap...

GT4 going back up to $50 is definitely a boost to me--I've got three left to return (plus the one I already did at $52.49), so it'll be an extra $40 of credit... meaning that this deal will have boosted my EB credit to a plump ~$575 :)

(would have been higher, cept that I used credit for Mario DDR and Shadow of the Colossus)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']GT4 going back up to $50 is definitely a boost to me--I've got three left to return (plus the one I already did at $52.49), so it'll be an extra $40 of credit... meaning that this deal will have boosted my EB credit to a plump ~$575 :)

(would have been higher, cept that I used credit for Mario DDR and Shadow of the Colossus)[/QUOTE]

Will be interesting to see if they catch it at all. I guess the gift receipt might shield it from the actual cost on the original.

Too bad I returned most of mine before the increase. :whistle2:(

Returned another copy today at a new EB... they offered to give me cash, and so I couldn't turn down their offer of $52.49 in cash rather than credit :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Returned another copy today at a new EB... they offered to give me cash, and so I couldn't turn down their offer of $52.49 in cash rather than credit :)[/QUOTE]

Damn, lucky guy, can't believe they're giving cash. I've run into clerks who don't even think I should get credit but only straight up exchanges (which would be fine if there was a lot of things I wanted now, but there isn't).

NYC tax sucks, you only pay $52.49 for $49.99 games? Ours are $54.18.

[quote name='evophile']Damn, lucky guy, can't believe they're giving cash. I've run into clerks who don't even think I should get credit but only straight up exchanges (which would be fine if there was a lot of things I wanted now, but there isn't).

NYC tax sucks, you only pay $52.49 for $49.99 games? Ours are $54.18.[/QUOTE]

I would always pay the tax in cash so when they checked how the games was paid for(using gift receipt), they would think the whole thing was paid in cash.
I was offered cash for both GT4's that I returned, the guy helping me saying that the game was bought using cash.

[quote name='schultzed']Will be interesting to see if they catch it at all. I guess the gift receipt might shield it from the actual cost on the original.

Too bad I returned most of mine before the increase. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

My wife returned one today and got a gift card for $49.99. She said the guy asked what she wanted to do with the game and she said she wanted store credit. And that seemed to make him happy. I suppose most people would have asked for cash in that situation. I kind of wish she had, actually, as I've got more EB credit than I know what to do with right now (I will use it eventually but it does make me nervous to have so much 'virtual' money tied up in the cards of a company that will no longer exist very soon).

I've got one more to return - just a matter of who/where/when...

Returned another one today. Had a very tough time this go-round, largely because the copy they gave me was a display one AND they didn't seal or anything... the employee offered me $10 in trade-in credit, I asked to speak with a manager, and he kindly changed his mind and allowed me to take the $52.49 on a giftcard :)

No hard feelings towards him--he was just doing his job, and did his best to keep the interests of the store AND the customer in mind... a rare find these days.

Only one more copy to go.... this one is going back to the cash store, I think ;)

Well I just tried returning a GT4 with a gift receipt for at least an even exchange for Soul Calibur 3 but the gift receipt showed that GT4 was valued at $39.99. At least I got to pre-order at $39.99 game I wanted. Oh well.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Returned another one today. Had a very tough time this go-round, largely because the copy they gave me was a display one AND they didn't seal or anything... the employee offered me $10 in trade-in credit, I asked to speak with a manager, and he kindly changed his mind and allowed me to take the $52.49 on a giftcard :)

No hard feelings towards him--he was just doing his job, and did his best to keep the interests of the store AND the customer in mind... a rare find these days.

Only one more copy to go.... this one is going back to the cash store, I think ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on the 2 that I got last weekend I made sure that they sealed them for me (and got the gift receipts as well). Both were opened, gutted, display copies and they needed to take them in the back to reseal them with their crappy shrinkwrapper (they were sealed but with several holes :D). In fact, that is all I'd been able to get since near the beginning of the deal. Why they have MULTIPLE gutted copies I don't know - unless it was from when they felt the need to plaster 8 of them across the top of a shelf. You think they would be able to get extra inserts from the game companies instead of having to open multiple copies to make their displays.

[quote name='io']Yeah, on the 2 that I got last weekend I made sure that they sealed them for me (and got the gift receipts as well). Both were opened, gutted, display copies and they needed to take them in the back to reseal them with their crappy shrinkwrapper (they were sealed but with several holes :D). In fact, that is all I'd been able to get since near the beginning of the deal. Why they have MULTIPLE gutted copies I don't know - unless it was from when they felt the need to plaster 8 of them across the top of a shelf. You think they would be able to get extra inserts from the game companies instead of having to open multiple copies to make their displays.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just wasn't on the ball when I picked up that copy :(

Oh well, it worked out anyway, and now all I have left is a beauty of a sealed copy...

I returned #7 and #8 for $49.99 + tax. I would have gotten $49.99 for #6 also but the clerk spent about 10 minutes to figure out how to give me only $39.99 for it. fucker.

Had 3 GT4's left out of a total of 5 to return.

Got my mom to do one for me and went off without a hitch and got $54.18

Went to another store myself and the guy there flat out said he couldn't do it because it was from a trade in and that's why I have a gift reciept. That's a pretty accusatory statement to make, even though it is true. However he never accused me and explained to me that the person who gave it to me probably traded it in and that's why I got a gift reciept. He was quite nice about it, so I just left.

Went to a different EB and the guy had no problem returning it, but he said the credit wouldn't go on the card or something? (I think he kept trying an EDGE instead of a giftcard but I'm not sure) and said it wouldn't work. He told me to put it on a preorder and I can come back and cancel it later. So I randomly chose NFS: MW.

I envy you guys who are having such ease returning them and even getting cash back, heh. But I mean I'm not really gonna complain hardcore b/c I am exploiting their system afterall. The one thing all this taught me was that oddly enough the 2 EBs by my house are the only ones with well trained staff regarding policies and stuff. I've never ever had the problems there that I am at these other stores.

bread's done
Back