POX List as of August 26th

Closed the book on the Oct. 05 GT4 tradein deal. 30 games turned in and 10 GT4s collected and then returned. Got $50 for #10 (and #9) . . . so, $420 (plus another $20ish in taxes).

I timed this last return to make sure the manager wasn't around. My favorite employee is kind of a slacker. I think he noticed the price difference in the middle of the transaction but didn't bother to change it. The manager would've adjusted it down to $40.

[quote name='fivecardstud']^^^ congrats! you are an inspiration to us all... now... about that ps3?

:)[/QUOTE]

Could be . . . Full backward compatability built in . . . so, unlike the 360, I can dump my PS2 right away. When is it coming out? . . . next spring or next fall?

I'm sure I may own a 360 in time, but right now it does very little for me.

I really hope EB runs another trade in deal this month or next like this one, even a preorder deal would be great now that BF is coming around.

Will EB consider Jampacks as part of their trade in deals exclusions? I want to trade in Jampack 13 towards something, but don't know if they'll take it.

[quote name='schultzed']Closed the book on the Oct. 05 GT4 tradein deal. 30 games turned in and 10 GT4s collected and then returned. Got $50 for #10 (and #9) . . . so, $420 (plus another $20ish in taxes).

I timed this last return to make sure the manager wasn't around. My favorite employee is kind of a slacker. I think he noticed the price difference in the middle of the transaction but didn't bother to change it. The manager would've adjusted it down to $40.[/QUOTE]

I closed the book on my last one today. Had the wife return a second copy for $49.99 credit. She HATES doing this sort of thing and said if she did this last one I can't ever make her do it again :D. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I think this will be the end of such deals, so I didn't mind making that bargain with her.

ooohh - did you all catch the *wonderful* Black Friday 5 hour super special sale on Gran Turismo 4 that GS/EB is having? $39.99... :D:D:D:D

Except for $9.99 for MGS3 (if you are into that sort of thing) their early bird deals are utter crap. Looks like I can definitely sit this BF out...

I guess the GT4 trade-in deal was the last truly great deal we'll see from the former EB.

[quote name='io']ooohh - did you all catch the *wonderful* Black Friday 5 hour super special sale on Gran Turismo 4 that GS/EB is having? $39.99... :D:D:D:D

Except for $9.99 for MGS3 (if you are into that sort of thing) their early bird deals are utter crap. Looks like I can definitely sit this BF out...

I guess the GT4 trade-in deal was the last truly great deal we'll see from the former EB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and $9.99 MGS3 is just to get rid of em for when MGS3:Subsistence comes out. Geez Gamestop sucks, you're right there might never be a great deal again. In fact, I can't remember any great trade deals coming from GS.

[quote name='io']ooohh - did you all catch the *wonderful* Black Friday 5 hour super special sale on Gran Turismo 4 that GS/EB is having? $39.99... :D:D:D:D

I guess the GT4 trade-in deal was the last truly great deal we'll see from the former EB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought by now we would see some new tradein deals.

I don't think they are done yet. With all attention on the 360, they might still have some 5 for $50 game deals through the holiday (pump stock as Xmas shoppers are clearing out PO stock).

Last year, as I recall, they had 4 for a $50 EA game (Need for S, Goldeneye, LOTR, type stuff) and that deal was in late Dec. . . . after Xmas until about Jan. 7th.

But, it could be over . . . and that is why I did the GT4 one 10 times (some of it with games I replaced with $6-$7.50 in EB credit :))

Does the POX list vary from store to store? Cuz i remember back when i tried to trade in some games for the halo 2 deal the store said it was excluded even tho the website didnt have them listed as POX.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']yeah, the POX was ymmv at times but its a moot point. I don't think they have any trade in deals with exclusions anymore.[/quote]oh good, now they can't stop me from getting +10% trade-in value toward an xbox 360 accessory on my $0.25 game

sorry but i started cag a bit late, what is this POX thing? can someone explain it to me? or point me to a post somewhere? -thanks

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']got to get this in :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. I was wondering why this thread got bumped from the bowels of my subscribed thread list :D.

bread's done
Back