POX Lists as of August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pop311']oh, that sucks, so EB wants it to be a guessing game for us non-employees?[/QUOTE]

I don't think EB considers POX lists public knowledge. If they released trade-in lists you could compare them to other places and I don't think that they want that info out there.

They know they don't have the best trade-in deals.

they used to post the list on their website, but took it down this spring. Now, it is more or less of a guessing game using the latest list (on the first page of this topic) as a guide. There are additions and subractions to this list all the time though, so you have to keep up with this and other threads to find out what is really POX at any given time.

It would be great, however, if someone with access could update that list :)

[quote name='Warner1281']Can you preorder NASCAR but then cancel the preorder later and just use the credit for stuff on the shelves? (ie- will you get the promo amount of credit or just the original trade in values of the games?)[/QUOTE]

I transferred a Ndogs preorder to We Love Katamari today . . . then I cancelled a Nascar preorder taking the $49.99 on my Edge card.

Wanted to make sure I could because some are saying this is becoming YMMV . . . I had no problems.

if you call and transfer the credit from a game over the phone, can they see that you payed for the game via promo on the computer?

[quote name='MakaveliLPC']if you call and transfer the credit from a game over the phone, can they see that you payed for the game via promo on the computer?[/QUOTE]

I tried to call my store to do it but they turned me down . . . said I needed to come instore to do it.

I don't know if they can see it in the system.

[quote name='vietgurl']Back in Norcal :) Gonna be working in a couple of days so I'll try to sneak some printouts of the POX lists out then.[/QUOTE]Thank you very much.:D :D :D :D :D

The list definately needs updating. I took in 4 games that were not on the list and they were all POX.

Celebrity Deathmatch
Defcon 5
Starsky & Hutch
Trivial Pursuit

Any $5 games from BB or cheap games from TRU that aren't POX?? Thanks.

Edit: sorry, forgot to mention that these were all PS2 games.

[quote name='Warner1281']The list definately needs updating. I took in 4 games that were not on the list and they were all POX.

Celebrity Deathmatch
Defcon 5
Starsky & Hutch
Trivial Pursuit

Edit: sorry, forgot to mention that these were all PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad about Starsky & Hutch and Trivial Pursuit. I know TP, in particular, was available in mass quantity at one nearby TRU and I was hoping to pick some up when it hit 70% off and use them on future EB trade-in deals. Oh well... We really do need to get a new list to see what else is up - we would all be eternally grateful Vietgurl!

If all 4 of the games Warner brought in didn't work that might mean there has been a major update to the POX list. Either that or he was just VERY unlucky :D.

[quote name='Warner1281']The list definately needs updating. I took in 4 games that were not on the list and they were all POX.

Celebrity Deathmatch
Defcon 5
Starsky & Hutch
Trivial Pursuit

I just did Trivial Pursuit at my EB for the Nascar game and it was not POX. I did the trade around 2pm EST.

[quote name='jkircos']I just did Trivial Pursuit at my EB for the Nascar game and it was not POX. I did the trade around 2pm EST.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Warner, I wonder if they were just BSing you. I had an EB do this to me during the $10 bonus on 2 games deal back in Feb. I brought in Xbox Mojo and GC Tony Hawk. This particular EB had been flooded with Mojo from a nearby TRU. But instead of refusing that one, the guy tells me Tony Hawk didn't count because it was a "Sports" title (thus negating the deal since you needed 2 games). He even went as far as to pretend to scan it and say the computer told him that. I could tell he was looking at Mojo in disgust, so that was what he really was mad about. During that deal only yearly sports titles were excluded. so the guy was just BSing be because he didn't want the Mojo. I went to another EB later that day and had no problem.

Maybe you should try another one with your 4 games and let us know what happens. Did they just tell you they were POX, or did you actually see them scan that way? I've had them tell me they *think* my games are POX, but then be surprised that they all work (thanks to the magic list!).

PS - Just saw an Advance Wars Dual Strike ad on TV! Cool...

[quote name='io']Maybe you should try another one with your 4 games and let us know what happens. Did they just tell you they were POX, or did you actually see them scan that way? I've had them tell me they *think* my games are POX, but then be surprised that they all work (thanks to the magic list!).

PS - Just saw an Advance Wars Dual Strike ad on TV! Cool...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went in the other day and took 4 super old games (metropolismania, mumchs oddysee, ssx tricky, legends of wrestling 2) and the guy game me this look like "this is some old crap" and acted like it wouldnt work but he tried it anyway. Then they all went through and we both had a good laugh. He couldn't believe my 3.75 trade in bumped up to $50.

I don't know if all EBs tag their games this way, but if you look at the tags above the price it will say either "PO" or "POX" along with the date. Along with the lovely list we have here it's been pretty easy to find out which games are PO.

For example I wasn't sure if Legends of Wrestling 2 would actually be PO even though it wasn't on the list. I found a copy in the store and it said above the price
"PO 8/9/2005" so I knew I was in luck. I did it for all my other games and others I wasn't sure of just in case. If the date is recent enough theres probably a good chance its still PO.

Celebrity Deathmatch
Defcon 5
Starsky & Hutch
Trivial Pursuit

Damn, so much for my Best Buy's stash of PS2 Starsky & Hutch(es).

I'll probably get in on the Nascar deal in a day or so with PS2 Max Payne, Beyond Good & Evil, and Midway Arcade Treasures, with a Virtua Fighter 4 evolution thrown in for good measure. My Best Buy are wankers, so they really adhere to the "one coupon" rule.

[quote name='io']Interesting. Warner, I wonder if they were just BSing you. I had an EB do this to me during the $10 bonus on 2 games deal back in Feb. I brought in Xbox Mojo and GC Tony Hawk. This particular EB had been flooded with Mojo from a nearby TRU. But instead of refusing that one, the guy tells me Tony Hawk didn't count because it was a "Sports" title (thus negating the deal since you needed 2 games). He even went as far as to pretend to scan it and say the computer told him that. I could tell he was looking at Mojo in disgust, so that was what he really was mad about. During that deal only yearly sports titles were excluded. so the guy was just BSing be because he didn't want the Mojo. I went to another EB later that day and had no problem.

Maybe you should try another one with your 4 games and let us know what happens. Did they just tell you they were POX, or did you actually see them scan that way? I've had them tell me they *think* my games are POX, but then be surprised that they all work (thanks to the magic list!).

PS - Just saw an Advance Wars Dual Strike ad on TV! Cool...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. never thought of this. Unfortunately I did not see them scan as PO or POX, since I could not see the screen. I didn't think to try another EB as I was too depressed, lol. I'll have to try another one later today and see what happens. Hopefully I'll get some good news.

I knew about the price label saying whteher it was PO/x, pretty good if the date is recent, and you have a lazy pr!ck wokring in your EB(like I do).

Archgarth, according to the list in this thread, Beyond Good and Evil is POX.

I hope S&H is not POX, I bought two of them to trade in. :( I think I might call my local EB to get the skinny on these games, and maybe others. I think I may just go into that store with the lazy @$$, and hand him a list of 8 of my games, and 5 or so more that I don't even care about just to make his fat butt work and piss him off. :)

Update: I just called a good EB(No lazy employees) and asked them about Trivial Pursuit and Starsky & Hutch for the PS2, he said they were both not excluded from the trade-in deals; so they were BSing you Arch.

I then called the other EB with the lazy fucker, and asked him if some other games were excluded with the intention of making him work, I proceeded to ask him about 2-3 games, and then when I got to the fourth one, Bad Boys, he said something like "no, because that is 14.99", and then he said that it's better to just bring them in, I said "So I should just bring in a list?", "No, it's better to bring in the games so we can scan them", I then asked him about one more, Strike Force Bowling, in which he said something along the lines of "Yeah it's excluded" after a couple seconds. Then after I made him work his poor fingers off by typing in 4-5 games to look up, he says "I have a line of customers that I have to take care of, can you call back in ten minutes?" in which I end the conversation by saying I'll just bring in some to trade.

Then I called a third(good) EB, and asked them about the two games he said were not eligible for the trade-in deals. In which the guy actually(assuming) looked up, and told me Bad Boys was good(Which the lazy prick mentioned above guessed wrong), and Strike Force Bowling was also a go(Which the lazy bastard mentioned above pretended to look up, and told me was not eligible).

So basically, the guy is so lazy to work his fingers by typing, that he not only didn't even bother to look up Bad Boys, BSed me about Strike Force Bowling, and then proceeded to shrug me off, a potential customer, for other customers.

Meh.

i'm holding the updated ps2 and xbox pox lists in my hand right now. just finished a 10 hour shift so i'll update these lists tomorrow on my day off.

[quote name='schultzed']Add NBA Street 2 for GC to the POX list . . . surprised me because GC games are usually golden.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and too bad because it just started to go on clearance at Target...

Was able to cancel my NASCAR preorder with no problems today for credit. Lucky enough to get an Edge with a PIN too.

The lists are much appreciated Vietgurl. Thanks!

Forgive me if I repost some of these, some more to add-on as of 8/23. Xbox and Ps2 only:

PS2:
City Skater
March Madness 04
NBA Jam 04
NBA Live 04

These are the Only differences I noted, if they are already on the list, sorry I must have missed them

[quote name='vietgurl']i'm holding the updated ps2 and xbox pox lists in my hand right now. just finished a 10 hour shift so i'll update these lists tomorrow on my day off.[/QUOTE]

Missed this post, but I'll check anyway, to hopefully help you out some.

I was able to use the following on a NASCAR '06 preorder today (8/25):

Xbox Mafia
GC Batman Vengeance
GC Spy Hunter
PS2 Strike Force Bowling

XBOX 8/23
NBA Street 2 (which someone already posted)
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Outlaw Golf: First 9 Christmas Holes
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes
Sega GT: Jet Set Combo
Street Hoops
and
*Confirmed* Freestyle Soccer

Once again, sorry if any of these are already up there, these lists suck to read, great job typing them in the first place

Aren't these blockbuster only and they cost like, 2.99 or something?
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes

[quote name='pop311']Aren't these blockbuster only and they cost like, 2.99 or something?
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I think he is saying they are POX now... right?

those were my bread and butter during the PSP game trade in deal in march... i had a glimmer of hope there for a second...

...followed by it being smashed to pieces

For my $30 extra w/PS2 and 3 games I used:

Turok (PS2) (confirmed not POX)
NCAA MM 2005
...umm...rather not say the last one....

Thanks OP, I wouldn't have known about Turok. Oh, I left my TRU receipt hidden behind the booklet of Turok by accident...it shows I paid $1 new for it :)

[quote name='Kerig']For my $30 extra w/PS2 and 3 games I used:

Turok (PS2) (confirmed not POX)
NCAA MM 2005
...umm...rather not say the last one....

Thanks OP, I wouldn't have known about Turok. Oh, I left my TRU receipt hidden behind the booklet of Turok by accident...it shows I paid $1 new for it :)[/QUOTE]

cmon, what's the last one ;-)

[quote name='Apossum']cmon, what's the last one ;-)[/QUOTE]

Barbie Horse Adventures, Britney's Dance Beat? C'mon, am I close? :D.

And Scorch, what are the new EB deals?

[quote name='io']Barbie Horse Adventures, Britney's Dance Beat? C'mon, am I close? :D.

And Scorch, what are the new EB deals?[/QUOTE]

The deals posted in the "new EB trade-in deals" thread ;)

[quote name='Scorch']The deals posted in the "new EB trade-in deals" thread ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've been poking all over CAG tonight and haven't seen that - I'll check it out. Saw the EB "fraud" thread, and many others but missed that one. I tend to stick to my subscribed threads anyway, though I WAS specifically checking out other stuff tonight :D.

Edit - Geez, Scorch, that thread just showed up an hour before my post. No wonder I fucking missed it! :D.

To summarize, since Scorch wouldn't, it looks like the following deals are starting (not sure exactly when):

Trade 5 games, get an extra $5 per game (or possibly $5 extra total)
Trade 4 games, get an extra $4 per game (or possibly $4 extra total)
Trade 3, ... you get the picture.

Tenzor is unclear on whether it is per game or $5 total (in the first case). Seems like if it was $5 total why wouldn't they just make the promo "get an extra $1 per trade"? I bet it really is $5 each - this is very similar to their deal back in Jan or Feb (trade 2 get an extra $10). I'm not sure how great this is given their very low trade-in values (ie, I can do better at GR!).

Other deals:
Trade 5 PO games for NBA Live 2006
Trade 5 PO games for The Suffering 2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64609

I guess I'll drop an NBA Live 2006 preorder. We need to get that PO list updated!

Have these XB title's on my chop block , can anyone confirm if any of these are POX

1. Combat Task Force 121
2. Ths Sim Bustin' Out
3. Unreal Championship
4. Timesplitters 2
5. Special Forces Nemesis Strike

Thinking of using these towards the RS6: Lockdown offer ;)

[quote name='Apossum']cmon, what's the last one ;-)[/QUOTE]

It was Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Tossed Salad.

My wife liked the Harry Potter games, but this one was crap compared to those.

I noticed the game usually abbreviates to this: Lemony Snicket's ASoUE. First time I saw that, I read the acronym. It appears to be the Baby-English equivalent of a$$hole...so this game shall now be known as "Lemony Snicket's A$$hole"...

lol...i have a few lemony sniket xbox games i just picked up for 5 apeice...use it as trade fodder:lol: also i like to use my Powerpuff girls relish rampage...havent gotten one comment yet on it though when i trade it in

[quote name='Kerig']It was Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Tossed Salad.

My wife liked the Harry Potter games, but this one was crap compared to those.

I noticed the game usually abbreviates to this: Lemony Snicket's ASoUE. First time I saw that, I read the acronym. It appears to be the Baby-English equivalent of a$$hole...so this game shall now be known as "Lemony Snicket's A$$hole"...[/QUOTE]

Ah - that's not too bad (in terms of a trade-in - I've traded many PPG's and a few Dora GBA games as well - but then I have little kids for "cover"). I'm looking for the GC version (cheap of course) for my kids. Is the game really not that good? The reviews are OK.

These two worked:
Cubix for PS2 . . . hard to believe its PO (would have been .75 without deal)
Cat in the Hat for PS2

I was at Half Price Books and for $5 each bought Real Pool PS2 and Eighteen Wheeler GC because I didn't see them on the POX list . . . hope they work.

[quote name='mt benson']What about Dark Cloud 2, Final Fantasy X and FFX-2?[/QUOTE]

Those are good games and all will work for tradein deals.

[quote name='schultzed']These two worked:
Cubix for PS2 . . . hard to believe its PO (would have been .75 without deal)
Cat in the Hat for PS2

I was at Half Price Books and for $5 each bought Real Pool PS2 and Eighteen Wheeler GC because I didn't see them on the POX list . . . hope they work.[/QUOTE]

i want eighteen wheeler for $5:cry:

[quote name='Jedi1979']i want eighteen wheeler for $5:cry:[/QUOTE]

You were making me feel bad . . . I was going to offer to send it to you for $9 (with shipping).

Then I looked on the EB site and you can buy it for $10 before coupons . . . $7.50 shipped if you have an Edge card (with CAG15 and SAVER codes)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/215380.asp

Oddly enough the other game I bought (Real Pool) is $17.99 bc on the site . . . :whistle2:0

[quote name='io']Ah - that's not too bad (in terms of a trade-in - I've traded many PPG's and a few Dora GBA games as well - but then I have little kids for "cover"). I'm looking for the GC version (cheap of course) for my kids. Is the game really not that good? The reviews are OK.[/QUOTE]

If it was just trade-in fodder, I wouldn't mind, it's the actually owning it that I cringe at. I thought the movie was bad, too. Like I touched on earlier, my wife really enjoyed the Harry Potter game with all the Jelly Beans (we can never remember which one she rented) so after reading reviews on LS and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, LS sounded much better. She kept getting frustrated with all the annoying mindless jumping scenes, and the FPS shooting scenes were impossible for her to beat,which is weird because we can play Perfect Dark and she'll do just fine..girls :)

I'm REALLY wanting this thread to be updated now with the new EB games offer AND the possibility of the Blockbuster PPG sale that's going on soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back