Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Get a $10 Video Games Credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]8135[/IMG-R]Get a $10 video game credit when you pre-order any version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The game also qualifies for release date delivery, which is free with Amazon Prime. Combine this with the ECA 10% discount and/or Amazon's 50% off trading promotion and suddenly that Prestige Edition doesn't seem so scary anymore.

iconamazon.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Last edited by a moderator:
sent my items in on the 22nd, sent in about $75 worth of TIV. Have the game preordered at gamecrazy and comes with dlc for the map packs. Cod4 is basically only game I play and not into anything else. May just use the 50% on prestige, and sell the nvgs.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']im still waiting for amazon to credit my account for my trade ins. Hopefully this will still be available then[/QUOTE]

nothing gets charged to you on pre-orders until it ships. I'm sure you could go pre-order now, and when your trade in credit shows up, you just apply it to this purchase.

[quote name='Tracid']I don't see the $10 promotion anymore on product page.[/QUOTE]

Its been over for a while. I hope it comes back. Otherwise I have no incentive to get it from amazon, except the $5 eca. But if I want it day one it costs $5 anyways.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Went for a standard Xbox 360 version. Tempted to get the steelbook edition but I know I'll never get around to playing COD1.[/QUOTE]

You could always sell cod 1. I'm sure it'll go for $15 or so

[quote name='slickkill77']You could always sell cod 1. I'm sure it'll go for $15 or so[/QUOTE]

Got to hope its a code to download the game as this version of CoD 1 will be a digital download off PS store or Xbox Live.

Mildly tempting, but I'll wait and see if there are any deals in B&M stores.

ECA isn't worth it for me as I buy at most 1 or 2 games new a year and wait for the rest on Goozex. Gears 2 was the only game I bought new in 2008, and I've not bought any new games this year. MW2 will be the only one most likely and I may just throw it on my birthday or x-mas list.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Got to hope its a code to download the game as this version of CoD 1 will be a digital download off PS store or Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

It will be a XBLA game release. So its almost 99.999% guaranteed to be a code that comes with the game just like any other game that has extra stuff like this. I highly doubt they'd make it any other way.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...I pre-ordered this weeks ago, I wonder if I still get the $10

EDIT:

Excellent![/QUOTE]

Sweet bro. You just saved me from reading 23985709283470928 previous posts and amazon's fine print and from potentially cancelling and reordering like i did for ODST which f'ing expired when i did.

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']What the heck? The $10 credit is gone. Lame.. o well.[/QUOTE]

Do previous pre-orders still get it or is it gone for everyone?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Its been over for a while. I hope it comes back. Otherwise I have no incentive to get it from amazon, except the $5 eca. But if I want it day one it costs $5 anyways.[/QUOTE]
Are you serious? I previously ordered when they had the offer but yesterday I couldn't apply an ECA code to the order so I canceled and reordered. FFF... So pissed.

[quote name='Xerxes']Get in my Gold Box dammit![/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']No ones gotten it in there yet.[/QUOTE]

Really No One has gotten CODMW2 in their Gold box picks yet? Im especially interested in hearing if the Prestige edition has made it in to someone's. Otherwise I will just bite the bullet and preorder now.

[quote name='slickkill77']It will be a XBLA game release. So its almost 99.999% guaranteed to be a code that comes with the game just like any other game that has extra stuff like this. I highly doubt they'd make it any other way.[/QUOTE]
You're right, it will be a code inside the game. From what I had read it will give us early access to COD1 before it hits the XBLA & PSN.

still dead deal is still dead
Ok I get it if you don't want to lock it but how about a subject update??

I would explain what happened/how I did this using only my ECA discount, but then someone would post it on SlickDeals and my order would get cancelled. =/

opbwvk.png

[quote name='tex1ntux']I would explain what happened/how I did this using only my ECA discount, but then someone would post it on SlickDeals and my order would get cancelled. =/[/QUOTE]

Looks like you added MW2 and the mousepad, used an ECA code then deleted MW2 and the -$15 stuck. Then you put MW2 back in and used another ECA code or it got applied again somehow.

[quote name='apathylad']Hey, so when do we receive the $10 credit? I preordered months ago and never received it.[/QUOTE]

You receive it when the game ships or soon after.

[quote name='Eric1285']Looks like you added MW2 and the mousepad, used an ECA code then deleted MW2 and the -$15 stuck. Then you put MW2 back in and used another ECA code or it got applied again somehow.[/QUOTE]Not exactly...

(don't repost this on slickdeals... or kittens will die)

1.) I preordered MW2:pE a couple weeks ago using my ECA discount.
2.) I wanted free shipping on the cheap mousepad, so I created a new order with MW2:pE and the mousepad.
3.) When I went to check out, there was already a 10% discount on MW2:pE, and it allowed me to put a new ECA code on the order.

My theory is the pre-order/promo code system is borked and it saw that I had an existing discount on that item's pre-order, but since I hadn't used a discount code on that order it still allowed me to use one.

I haven't tried reproduce the bug, but right now the code system is down on the ECA website so I presume they are fixing it.

Edit: Reading through the Amazon/ECA thread I saw that they are reworking the code system and they just switched the type of code, so old codes could be combined with new codes. The thing with my order is that I only put in one code, for some reason the old code stuck with the item across orders. Might have something to do with the pre-order price guarantee.

They should just tie peoples ECA account to their Amazon account and do away with codes. Then you won't have losers selling them on eBay, people hoarding them, and people accidentally getting 20% off because the old codes and new codes combine themselves and there is no way to remove a code from your order.

Anyone know if I can ask amazon to put the ECA discount on my order that I placed before the $10 credit died? I didn't have ECA when I first placed my order.

[quote name='I Slap People']Anyone know if I can ask amazon to put the ECA discount on my order that I placed before the $10 credit died? I didn't have ECA when I first placed my order.[/QUOTE]
yeah I did it with ODST, send amazon CS an email saying you'd like to add your 10% ECA discount, include the promo code with your email, and they'll adjust it for you.

[quote name='I Slap People']Anyone know if I can ask amazon to put the ECA discount on my order that I placed before the $10 credit died? I didn't have ECA when I first placed my order.[/QUOTE]

Yes, just email them. I've done it multiple times.

Tex1ntux:

I had the same thing happen with my pre-order of Halo 3: ODST. I got 20% off via the use of the ECA codes some how (something messed when I cancelled and reordered). I think the pre-order system might be messed up, as when I reordered my copy, the HALOODST promo code had already been applied as well before I put anything codes in.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I see that the prestige edition is sold out for 360/ps3 at amazon. Do you think they will get more or is this thing going to be rare?[/QUOTE]
NOPE. the IW developer dude said these would actually be limited and you would not find them in stores beyond the original pre orders. he said they didnt want to do what MS and Bungie did with the Legendary version. makes me feel better that I have release day delivery and pre ordered when they price was put up on Amazon.

I am still wondering if the $10 credit will be given. The promotion is gone from Amazon. But I did order it when it was first available as a bonus.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']NOPE. the IW developer dude said these would actually be limited and you would not find them in stores beyond the original pre orders. he said they didnt want to do what MS and Bungie did with the Legendary version. makes me feel better that I have release day delivery and pre ordered when they price was put up on Amazon.

I am still wondering if the $10 credit will be given. The promotion is gone from Amazon. But I did order it when it was first available as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the info. I like knowing I have a true limited edition. I would think amazon will honor it. They have been on the up and up in the past.

What the hell is this? I e-mail'ed amazon asking them to apply my $15 promotion credit from ODST to my MW2 preorder (I dont want to cancel and re-order, because I will lost the $10 MW2 credit) and I was told that they would not add the $15 credit to it because I already have $30 in promotion credit applied to the pre-order from the trade in deal. Read this incohearent message Manoj sent me, at the end he tells me I can give it away to a freaking neighbor or friend!!!! What kind of crap is that??? If I had known this I would have used the $30 on ODST and not on MW2. Oh, and I also asked him to apply an eca discount to it, but he didnt do that either.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Some of our promotions are restricted to one claim code per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. I'd recommend reading the "fine print" or visiting the link included with the promotional offer for the specific restrictions associated with the offer you received.

In this case a promotion was already applied to your order. Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Our promotional claim codes are transferable. Perhaps you know of a friend or neighbor who might appreciate one.

Thank you again for shopping at Amazon.com.

[quote name='I Slap People']What the hell is this? I e-mail'ed amazon asking them to apply my $15 promotion credit from ODST to my MW2 preorder (I dont want to cancel and re-order, because I will lost the $10 MW2 credit) and I was told that they would not add the $15 credit to it because I already have $30 in promotion credit applied to the pre-order from the trade in deal. Read this incohearent message Manoj sent me, at the end he tells me I can give it away to a freaking neighbor or friend!!!! What kind of crap is that??? If I had known this I would have used the $30 on ODST and not on MW2. Oh, and I also asked him to apply an eca discount to it, but he didnt do that either.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading multiple posts about people not being able to combine the $30 off code with specific game codes. For example, it wouldn't let people apply the $30 off code and the $10 off wii sports code. I don't know about the ODST codes ($10 off future game codes), but they probably do not work with the $30 codes.

I got freakin 5 codes to work with buying ODST, but I didn't try a game specific code and the $30 code. I used 2 ECA codes, a $30 code, automatically gave $10 code off future purchase, and also the $5 twitter code off future purchase. If I still had my $10 code from preordering GH5, i don't think it would have worked with the $30 code.

What the hell is this? I e-mail'ed amazon asking them to apply my $15 promotion credit from ODST to my MW2 preorder (I dont want to cancel and re-order, because I will lost the $10 MW2 credit) and I was told that they would not add the $15 credit to it because I already have $30 in promotion credit applied to the pre-order from the trade in deal. Read this incohearent message Manoj sent me, at the end he tells me I can give it away to a freaking neighbor or friend!!!! What kind of crap is that??? If I had known this I would have used the $30 on ODST and not on MW2. Oh, and I also asked him to apply an eca discount to it, but he didnt do that either.

i think part of the problem might be the coupon for Halo is automatically applied to your account, as opposed to a promo code you can apply to any order. i think they might not be able to move the promotion from your cart onto an existing order. don't have any actual proof of this or anything, but i know when i've wanted amazon to remove a promotion from my cart (so i can use it later on instead of the next order) they haven't been able to.

Am I alone or is there anyone else that keeps clicking on this thread hoping that the $10 credit has come back because it keeps getting bumped. I'm not mad, just jealous.

[quote name='asthmatic']Am I alone or is there anyone else that keeps clicking on this thread hoping that the $10 credit has come back because it keeps getting bumped. I'm not mad, just jealous.[/QUOTE]

i'm in the same boat, as soon as it gets the $10 i'm sold.

Can Amazon promotion credit be applied to preorders if the credit expires prior to the release/ ship date of the game?

bread's done
Back