Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Get a $10 Video Games Credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]8135[/IMG-R]Get a $10 video game credit when you pre-order any version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The game also qualifies for release date delivery, which is free with Amazon Prime. Combine this with the ECA 10% discount and/or Amazon's 50% off trading promotion and suddenly that Prestige Edition doesn't seem so scary anymore.

iconamazon.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='toxicinzanity']thnx for clearing that up manbut.........
i called amazon again hopeing i could get some1 in english(i did) and buddy said 50% off dont work on preorder so pplz we still ave to pay at most 90 for prestige edition[/QUOTE]

Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's clearly just reading the description of the coupon and guessing about its restrictions.

It takes the discount off as soon as you order.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']You serious? Who the hell cares about COD1 with horrible graphics? I'm going to try to trade it for Turtles in Time.[/QUOTE]

I still play COD1 everyday at lunch. Its one of the few games that my crappy work PC will run. I don't see the point of getting it for Xbox or PS3 unless there is a graphic upgrade.

[quote name='skubish']I still play COD1 everyday at lunch. Its one of the few games that my crappy work PC will run. I don't see the point of getting it for Xbox or PS3 unless there is a graphic upgrade.[/QUOTE] its freeeeee

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']You serious? Who the hell cares about COD1 with horrible graphics? I'm going to try to trade it for Turtles in Time.[/QUOTE]

Completely serious. Some of my best moments in PC gaming happened in CoD. Now that I do not own it anymore, it will be complete nostalgia playing it once again on the console. They could finish this by adding Call of Duty: United Offensive, which is probably the best Call of Duty I've played.

Yeah... i'm definitely going with the STANDARD edition. I'm using my 50% off on a TE fight stick. Either way NVG dont really appeal to me, and the hardened edition has an art book that i'd look at once, COD #1 code that i already played years ago, and metal casing (looks at HALO 2 limited edition metal case on shelf with dust on it).

not getting this from Amazon since I get killed with tax! hopefully there's a deal for maybe $40 for the game during Black Friday :D

but that ECA member discount + 50% off trade in is good for those who want the Prestige version:

retail = $149.99
10% ECA discount = $15 off
50% trade in bonus = $75 off
Total (before and tax or w.e.) = $59.99

basically 60% off (or 40% of normal price)

[quote name='toxicinzanity']its freeeeee[/QUOTE]

How is it free when you have to pay $20 more for the Hardened Edition? Unless you think the artbook is worth $20?

I usually get the collector's editions of games I really like but the Hardened Edition is pretty blah. Didn't they have something like a extra exp points weekend for the COD:WaW CE?

My damn town is messed up and not everyone can have mailboxes in front of theyre house,Ussually,amazon wont ship big things to me.I hope they do,I really love this deal!

Just put my order in for the Prestige Edition (with 50% coupon and 10% ECA). Was debating on the Tekken 6 bundle or Beatles Rock Band bundle, but I can't justify more plastic instruments, and I already have a Hori fight stick. Night vision goggles —$those I don't have.

Wow, I completely misread this title and thought that the $10 credit only is good for ordering the Prestige edition. I just went to Gamestop today to put money down on the Hardened edition of this, as I want it the day it comes out of course, but release day shipping with this is about how much tax would be, and then the $10 credit to use later! Looks like I'm getting my money back from GS.

[quote name='solidsnake222']Can I sign up for a free trial of amazon prime,then cancel after getting realease date shipping and it will still be free,or will it cost again?[/QUOTE]

If it ships before your trial period ends you'll get free release date shipping, if your trial period ends before it ships they will update your order and charge you for shipping.

[quote name='Solatso']If it ships before your trial period ends you'll get free release date shipping, if your trial period ends before it ships they will update your order and charge you for shipping.[/QUOTE]
Thanks,leave it to another goozex member to help me out,see in the fourms.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...I pre-ordered this weeks ago, I wonder if I still get the $10

EDIT:

Excellent![/QUOTE]

yeah yeah babbbyyyyyy!!! i pre ordered the hardened edition about a week ago. i'll be using this $10 off for scribblenauts. i love amazon!

Solatso I don't think that's right. I had a prime trial last year and preordered a bunch of dvds and games that weren't coming out for a while and still got the free second day shipping. I think, I could be remembering wrong.

[quote name='OGHowie']How is it free when you have to pay $20 more for the Hardened Edition? Unless you think the artbook is worth $20?

I usually get the collector's editions of games I really like but the Hardened Edition is pretty blah. Didn't they have something like a extra exp points weekend for the COD:WaW CE?[/QUOTE]

$20= $5 artbook & steelbook + Call Of Duty $15

[quote name='ohboy10451']$20= $5 artbook & steelbook + Call Of Duty $15[/QUOTE]

I went with the regular edition (and I'm hoping the downloadable CoD will only be $10).

Those of you who have both 360 and PS3 consoles, which one are you getting the game for? I'm debating on this myself and can't decide.

[quote name='eau']Those of you who have both 360 and PS3 consoles, which one are you getting the game for? I'm debating on this myself and can't decide.[/QUOTE]

im pickin it up for my ps3 becuase my live ran out and my ps3 is hooked up to my nice tv, hehe:D

[quote name='mkernan']I went with the regular edition (and I'm hoping the downloadable CoD will only be $10).[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, if BF1943 is $15, you can bet this will be $15. BF1943 is multi-player only, while CoD also has single-player. I pretty much guarantee it will be at least a $15 download.

I think I'm going to go for the Hardened Edition because I really don't see any need for those goggles. Probably would be fun for an hour, but it would be just sitting on the manequin head afterward collecting dust.

If the CoD Classic comes to a $15 download, I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5 for the artbook and steelcase. Therefore, the $20 extra for the hardened edition doesn't look to be a bad deal.

[quote name='eau']Those of you who have both 360 and PS3 consoles, which one are you getting the game for? I'm debating on this myself and can't decide.[/QUOTE]

If it makes a difference, for the 360 version, there will be two map packs that are going to be timed exclusives. Granted, I don't like the fact they are planning all this DLC before the game even goes gold, but if you are going to be playing online a lot, 360 seems to be the way to go.

I also agree that CoD1 will be $15 on XBLA/PSN. If MvC2, Banjo-Kazooie, BF:1943, and other games are going for 1200 points, I can definitely see Activision charging that much.

[quote name='eau']Those of you who have both 360 and PS3 consoles, which one are you getting the game for? I'm debating on this myself and can't decide.[/QUOTE]360. It's far easier to get into games with your friends and I find the DS3 to be too small making my hands cramp.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Solatso I don't think that's right. I had a prime trial last year and preordered a bunch of dvds and games that weren't coming out for a while and still got the free second day shipping. I think, I could be remembering wrong.[/QUOTE]

When I had my trial, about a year and a half ago, it ran out about 2 weeks before somthing was going to ship and when I checked the order they had updated it to reflect a charge for 2nd day shipping. If I had not checked the order I probably would have never even known but I had a feeling it would happen. May be different now but better safe than sorry.

I dont understand this release day shipping but I am using it for 5.98 I can get the game on November 10th but if I choose one day shipping I pay 9.98 and get the game on November 13th seems kinda goofy but I am not gonna complain.

Im gettin it for ps3,better graphics,I like the controller better,and free online.

[quote name='solidsnake222']Im gettin it for ps3,better graphics,I like the controller better,and free online.[/QUOTE]
Getting it for 360 because of the 2 map packs which will be timed exclusives and more FPS-friendly controller. Oh yeah, the graphics will be the same for both systems.

[quote name='solidsnake222']Im gettin it for ps3,better graphics,I like the controller better,and free online.[/QUOTE]

better graphics? lol.

If you're choosing why would you go with the PS3 and a smaller online community? More gamers playing = better play online.

better graphics? Wouldn't be surprised if it ran smoother on the 360

[quote name='backseatdog']if you have the 50% off coupon, would you get the hardened or prestige with this deal? can someone do the math??[/QUOTE]

Well the 50% gets you the $150 Prestige for $75, or the $80 Hardened for $40.

Depends on how much you want to spend, but obviously the higher the price tag, the more mileage you'll get out of the 50% coupon. For me, Prestige was easily the best deal with that combination (paid $9 after the 50% coupon, plus the $50 from my trade-ins, and the 15% ECA coupon, which took off another $15).

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Are you fucking serious? You don't know what half of $80 or $150 is?[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Just in case he doesn't know: 1/2 off would be $40 or $75. $75 is greater than $40.

[quote name='backseatdog']if you have the 50% off coupon, would you get the hardened or prestige with this deal? can someone do the math??[/QUOTE]

Well the 50% gets you the $150 Prestige for $75, or the $80 Hardened for $40.

Depends on how much you want to spend, but obviously the higher the price tag, the more mileage you'll get out of the 50% coupon. For me, Prestige was easily the best deal with that combination -- I paid $9 after the 50% coupon, plus the $50 from my trade-ins, and the 15% ECA coupon, which took off another $15.

I usually don't bother with the higher-price collectible editions, but in this case, it's MW2, it has night vision glasses...I mean, if you're gonna do it, might as well do it now ;)

Yeh, who knows how long this $10 thing is going to last. I do wish they would give an incentive for pre-order even if it is a stupid poster though.

But since you have the 50% off coupon then you have at least $50 worth of credit - which means you only pay $25 for Prestige.

I personally have $70~ in credit so it'll technically cost me $5 for MW2 Prestige, but the $10 gives me a total loss of -$5 :D

Do you know when you will receive the $10 credit? I pre-ordered on Saturday and I read that it takes 2-3 days. I'm starting to feel a little ancy even though its only been the allotted time.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Do you know when you will receive the $10 credit? I pre-ordered on Saturday and I read that it takes 2-3 days. I'm starting to feel a little ancy even though its only been the allotted time.[/QUOTE]
You receive the credit 2-3 days after the game has shipped. Not 2-3 days after you pre-order. So you can take a break for four months and stop watching for the credit until the middle of November.

[quote name='solidsnake222']Hey guys,how long does it take to get the 50% off coupon after they get the games,mine arrived today.[/QUOTE]

Earlier people were getting it 2 or 3 days after their package arrived but you may have to wait up to 10.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']is it possible to get an ECA code from someone?[/QUOTE]
Just sign up for yourself. It's only $20 (or $15 if you are a student) and you can make that up easily with a few game purchases.

Went for a standard Xbox 360 version. Tempted to get the steelbook edition but I know I'll never get around to playing COD1.

bread's done
Back