Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Get a $10 Video Games Credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]8135[/IMG-R]Get a $10 video game credit when you pre-order any version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The game also qualifies for release date delivery, which is free with Amazon Prime. Combine this with the ECA 10% discount and/or Amazon's 50% off trading promotion and suddenly that Prestige Edition doesn't seem so scary anymore.

iconamazon.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlkPunisher29']I never preorder anything from amazon. If i preorder now my card will not be charge til the game is shipped right???[/QUOTE]
That is correct. Amazon does not charge until the game is shipped.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Went ahead and ordered the Prestige Edition.

$150.00
-$75.00 (50% promo)
-$15.00 (ECA promo)
-$53.75 (credit from trade-ins)
---
$6.24 with Release Date Shipping. Nice.[/QUOTE]

What about -$10.00 off a future video game purchase? That has some present value! :D

I pre-ordered the Prestige Edition a few hours before the $10 offer went up using 50% coupon, so my discount just got totally sweeter. Maybe use the $10 code on L4D2.

Good idea on L4D2.

Ya know, I'm kinda glad that Bioshock 2 got pushed back. It'll probably be a better game now and I don't have to squeeze it in for the fall.

Between this and the Tekken 6 bundle (and I'm going to turn right back around and sell Tekken 6 within a week. If Tekken doesn't hook me this time I'm done) I'll be spending a healthy chunk of change this fall.

What other Mega Hits are due?

[quote name='Sarrasis']Went ahead and ordered the hardened edition w/ ECA. Already used my 50% off code on the Batman CE.
Batarang >>> Toy goggles[/QUOTE]

Actually...

Functional Goggles >>> Toy Batarang

Either way I'm in for a Hardened Edition.

I'm in for the Hardened Edition. I simply don't need any more swag piling up in my apartment.

Great deal and free release date delivery for me with Prime. :)

I think I'll wait longer and see if it pops up in my Gold Box.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']so would the 50% amazon deal work with this?[/QUOTE]Yes.

[quote name='Solatso']No PC version of Presitge Edition? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]Yep, it's the reason I'm passing on the game altogether. I was tempted to use my coupon on it, but not for some watered down console port. Keyboard and mouse all the way.

I'll just pick it up on sale during Black Friday.

[quote name='Jodou']Yes.

Yep, it's the reason I'm passing on the game altogether. I was tempted to use my coupon on it, but not for some watered down console port. Keyboard and mouse all the way.

I'll just pick it up on sale during Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a pc that could even run COD4 let alone MW2

Even if I did though, most of my friends are console gamers anyways and the online is the main attraction.

[quote name='Paullywog']thanks. preordered my pc version. i figured the 10 credit would make up for the 10 dollar markup from the average game.[/QUOTE]

This blew my mind.
Is this the first time a game company had the balls to make the PC game the same price as the console?
Good luck with that.

I am buying the console version and waiting to get the PC version for $25 like every other COD game.

[quote name='Jodou']Yes.

Yep, it's the reason I'm passing on the game altogether. I was tempted to use my coupon on it, but not for some watered down console port. Keyboard and mouse all the way.

I'll just pick it up on sale during Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you that the lack of PC prestige addition is unfortunate. The "watered down console port" comment is typical PC elitist crap. I mean the original Modern Warfare was stellar on the PC and 360 and still gets played to death on both platforms. Some long time PC gamers actually prefer the XBOX 360 version due to the rampant cheating in the PC version. Me I'm torn becuase I do prefer the PC version but i loath the cheatign that will inevitably go on in that version from day one.

Actually, it's probably better that there's no PE edition for PC since this way I'm saving myself $90 that I can use towards one of the other 10 or so games coming out this holiday season that I want. Still......nightvision......:whistle2:(

[quote name='Commander0Zero']The "watered down console port" comment is typical PC elitist crap.[/QUOTE]
By watered down, I mean less options. I love PC games to death because of their versatility in graphic settings, modding, etc.

Is everyone sure the 50% off coupon applies to preorders? This is in the coupon details:

-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 08/31/09.

Very tempting with the $50 trade in value + 50% off a game coupon.

But it's also too bad the $10 credit is only for a future purchase, can't be used toward the preorder.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']That is fucking bullshit, I posted this first yesterday and someone closed the thread.[/QUOTE]
Oh you mean this post where you were clearly three hours late?

with release day delivery it's like $6. since tax would be like $4.20 here i would only lose like $1.80 if i was too go for release day delivery

[quote name='rexflexall']Is everyone sure the 50% off coupon applies to preorders? This is in the coupon details:

-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 08/31/09.[/QUOTE]
I think you answered your own question.

[quote name='Jodou']When it ships.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks gonna order the standard edition now with release day shipping comming to $65.97 which is $1.77 more than i would pay if i paid tax

In for 1 "Prestige" edition.

I'm really excited about the swag. I never buy into that crap, but I'm mildly excited about functional night vision goggles -- low end or not.

I'm encountering some kind of glitch. I'm signed in and the preorder button doesn't pop up.
*Edit* Nevermind it works in Google Chrome, but not Firefox for me for some reason.

This is just perfect that they are offering Release Date delivery on top of the $10 video game credit. I just hope I get my USED games accepted and get my 50% off coupon before they end this deal.

[quote name='Starbuccaneers']regular PC edition is cheaper at walmart, can't believe amazon priced it the same as the console versions.[/QUOTE]

ya i perordered at walmart its cheaper and with the same $10 gift card

or you guys canpick up the prestige edition for like
$70 when it goes on sale couple months after the release........

If you ordered now with your 50% off code but decided to cancel later (before August 31st) would you get your code to work on something else or not?

[quote name='J7.']If you ordered now with your 50% off code but decided to cancel later (before August 31st) would you get your code to work on something else or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes you would get your code back. The next time you place an order on another qualified item, it will automatically apply the coupon code.

I know because I had to cancel my MW2 order to add my ECA 10% off discount. When I placed another order, my 50% off code was already there.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i cant even find prestige edition on amazon howd so many ppl pre oder it[/QUOTE]
Because they know how to use the search button?

[quote name='pjb16']Because they know how to use the search button?[/QUOTE]
ive searched like 4 times the only thing that pops up is the hardened edition

[quote name='toxicinzanity']ive searched like 4 times the only thing that pops up is the hardened edition[/QUOTE]

Dude amazon updated awhile where every version of a game is virtually represented on one page. So no matter what link you click on you can change the system and edition of the game.

[quote name='MoonSpoon']Screw the goggles, I'm all in for Call of Duty Classic. Stoked on that.[/QUOTE]

You serious? Who the hell cares about COD1 with horrible graphics? I'm going to try to trade it for Turtles in Time.

i called amazon and not only will u not be able to use the 10 dollar gift card on the games purchase but if the 50% off voucher expires b4 the games release ur sol.... and if anyone has already sent in their games can you tell me when the 50% off expires????

[quote name='toxicinzanity']i called amazon and not only will u not be able to use the 10 dollar gift card on the games purchase [/QUOTE]

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

:roll:

[quote name='slickkill77']Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

thnx for clearing that up manbut.........
i called amazon again hopeing i could get some1 in english(i did) and buddy said 50% off dont work on preorder so pplz we still ave to pay at most 90 for prestige edition

bread's done
Back