Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah newegg screwed me over with the art book, but atleast I use a $15 off coupon when I preordered it a year ago. Little consolation since I wanted an art book : (

5;44 mark is that woman naked wonder how many complants they will get bout that

ALSO is the book hard cover or soft
This is the Japanese version, which is why it is hardcover; that was actually answered on this very page. She is obviously not 'quite' naked, and please go away, slidecage. lol

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/31/dragons-crown-fighting-together/

Comment #37 of the PS Blog, Atlus rep says that Newegg preorders will come with the dragon's crown artbook.

I just got home from work and am so pissed off my newegg preorder didn't come with an artbook. Talk to customer support and they just kept telling me that they don't know what I'm talking about. I swear they had a picture of the game with the artbook when I preordered months ago.

So pissed because I really wanted this artbook. I think the art in this game is beautiful(besides the tits lol)

Comment #37 of the PS Blog, Atlus rep says that Newegg preorders will come with the dragon's crown artbook.

I just got home from work and am so pissed off my newegg preorder didn't come with an artbook. Talk to customer support and they just kept telling me that they don't know what I'm talking about. I swear they had a picture of the game with the artbook when I preordered months ago.

So pissed because I really wanted this artbook. I think the art in this game is beautiful(besides the tits lol)
Contact Atlus directly and mention that comment. Maybe you can work something out. I'd say the artbook is worth it just for the pic of the Elf riding on a velociraptor.

Also, what's wrong with liking tits?

Contact Atlus directly and mention that comment. Maybe you can work something out. I'd say the artbook is worth it just for the pic of the Elf riding on a velociraptor.

I did. We'll see what happens.

There is nothing wrong, I love tits. I'm definitely more of a hips and ass man though lol. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is Vanillaware has awesome art!

^ I love America!!!

I just decided to pull the trigger and order a copy from amazon rather then wait on a AWD "dinger".  Main reason being that it says the art book will be included.  So why not?!

I think it's worthwhile to contact Atlus (and Newegg), just so they hear feedback about the issue.

But my Persona 4 Golden didn't come with the game (!) -- and the most Atlus was willing to do was give me a voucher for a download. I couldn't believe it. The guy was like "Well, one game out of 10,000 we shipped having an error..." Fortunately Amazon sent me a copy of the game, after I harangued them. But Amazon should have had to. It was Atlus's fault!

I just decided to pull the trigger and order a copy from amazon rather then wait on a AWD "dinger". Main reason being that it says the art book will be included. So why not?!
Probably a good call since these seem to be packaged fairly well and doubt we're going to see the glut of damaged shipments we've seen recently with SMTIV/Muramasa/MGSLC.

Probably a good call since these seem to be packaged fairly well and doubt we're going to see the glut of damaged shipments we've seen recently with SMTIV/Muramasa/MGSLC.
Cool. I saw your posts earlier, and you said something about glue or something? How is it all packaged together?

Newegg never listed the artbook as a preorder bonus on their website. So you ordered without that guarantee. Amazon, GS, and recently Walmart all list the artbook on their product pages.

This is the Japanese version, which is why it is hardcover; that was actually answered on this very page. She is obviously not 'quite' naked, and please go away, slidecage. lol
where did it say Japan version.. it said an unboxing from amazon video that is all.... cant tell if it was soft or hard cover.,, i did not have a problem with the image but if that is the image in the book im sure some will

and with the lighting on the book you cant tell me more thought that was a naked image

Cool. I saw your posts earlier, and you said something about glue or something? How is it all packaged together?
Mine was like that hot glue/rubber cement stuff that they use to attach cardboard and paper stuff where it comes right off those surfaces. It just seemed to get too hot or something on mine and it like melted into the shrinkwrap on the game. I just mentioned it so no one went and yanked them apart and damaged the book.

where did it say Japan version.. it said an unboxing from amazon video that is all.... cant tell if it was soft or hard cover.,, i did not have a problem with the image but if that is the image in the book im sure some will

and with the lighting on the book you cant tell me more thought that was a naked image
You have to look at the rating at the bottom of the left hand corner of the game. JPN will have a C and say Cero.

I am glad the artbook is a decent sized one. I am used to getting these small artbooks that are the size of a game manual. This is a full fledged artbook.

Mine was like that hot glue/rubber cement stuff that they use to attach cardboard and paper stuff where it comes right off those surfaces. It just seemed to get too hot or something on mine and it like melted into the shrinkwrap on the game. I just mentioned it so no one went and yanked them apart and damaged the book.
Oh ok cool thanks! My copy is supposed to come on Thursday, excited to play!!!

Knew I was
shaq-fu%2196.gif
ed when I saw the standard sized game padded envelope from Newegg in my mailbox today. So disappointed I didn't get the sweet artbook we've been discussing on this thread for awhile, especially since I preordered it last year. That said, I can't honestly say I ever saw a preorder bonus of any type on the Newegg preorder page for this game so I have no ammo in calling them up tomorrow. They will blame Atlus and Atlus will blame Newegg i'd imagine. My best bet it seems is to try to get my best GS location to hook me up(have no idea if they have extras though at this point).

I can't decide which I should buy the game for: ps3 or psvita. Looks like the majority is doing ps3. Anyone going for the vita?

Did not pre-order. Went to gamestop after work around 5:30pm to pick up my Tales of Xillia CE pre-order. They happened to have a few Dragon's Crown's in stock still. Picked one up on Vita. I know the employees there. I didn't even ask for an artbook but he said it comes with one for pre-orders and he still has a few left over so he gave me one. 

I can't decide which I should buy the game for: ps3 or psvita. Looks like the majority is doing ps3. Anyone going for the vita?
I've talked with a few people that work at IGN and an editor for N4G and they all advise getting the PS3 version if you have the choice.

I bought the PS3 version myself and I plan on looking out for a cheap used Vita copy to buy at some point so I can play it on the go at some point. But from everything I have read and was told the PS3 version is above and beyond better.

I've talked with a few people that work at IGN and an editor for N4G and they all advise getting the PS3 version if you have the choice.
The main reason they pointed out in the review is that when things get hectic it's a lot easier to keep track of things on the bigger screen. I can entirely see that being the case as even early on it gets a little tricky keeping track of exactly which way my amazon is facing at times.

Also got my newegg order without the artbook. It was definitely inferred from Atlus that newegg orders should have it. I believe someone from atlus also confirmed it. 

I'm sending an email to Atlus now. Pretty sure newegg wouldnt be able to help. 

I want to give a shout-out to admiralvic for his leveling tips video. LOL

How many hours have you put in?

Just started up the Sorceress, I think I might stick with her, she's pretty fun. And I have a feeling there might be a ton of Elves online

Tried that. No one had any. Heck, some stores didn't even have the game for public sale, only pre-order copies.
Well that sucks. My store didn't have many copies of the game either; I think they actually had more books than games lol. Only thing you could try doing is contacting their DM, because he's sleeping on the job obviously.

Sarcasm?

96 hours.
No, of course not. I felt giddy that I recognized you from your video.

Just started up the Sorceress, I think I might stick with her, she's pretty fun. And I have a feeling there might be a ton of Elves online
I'm playing as the Sorceress also. I'm still new to the game, but I hope she's a character who is useful but isn't the most overused.

Was lucky enough to not get screwed by GS and got my art book. 12 people preordered the game and they received 1 book per preorder So far this game is AMAZING! 

I loved playing as the Dwarf in Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, so I started to roll a Dwarf... I am more than satisfied. 

Also just curious, when a person asks you a question that says "A" or "B" before it, I assume those are the A and B paths people are talking about? They lead to different bosses or something?

And when  you choose one, can you replay the other?

No, of course not. I felt giddy that I recognized you from your video.

I'm playing as the Sorceress also. I'm still new to the game, but I hope she's a character who is useful but isn't the most overused.
Ah. The lol threw me off. Well that and I originally wasn't going to do that video. I ended up doing it because I didn't have a site to post on anymore and figured it would ideally help someone out there. I don't think many people will realize how important score is / how easy it's to get a huge sum of points if they aren't pointed out to you.

---

Sorceress is uncommon, but the most common of the uncommon. She is very useful, but as useful as the Elf / Amazon. Most of her uses come in the form of defensive spells, so make sure you max out food / protection. You can reassign your skills if you mess up, so don't fret if you really do bad. Also keep in mind that quests give 1 or more skill points each. With this being said, MAKE SURE you know what each wand does and I strongly advise bringing more than one per mission. A lot of bosses are weak to a certain element, which is where magic users shine. Like using ice against the Dragon and so forth.

Also just curious, when a person asks you a question that says "A" or "B" before it, I assume those are the A and B paths people are talking about? They lead to different bosses or something?

And when you choose one, can you replay the other?
The choices are deeper than you think, but less interesting than you may believe.

Path A:

Whatever boss you fought the first time.

Possible "unique" food that is needed for the trophy.

Lower level.

Needed for many quests.

Path B:

Talisman (needed to fight the end boss).

Different boss than the A path.

Higher level.

Possible "unique" food that is needed for the trophy (less than A).

Needed for a few quests.

Every path can be repeated an unlimited number of times, but keep in mind that whatever you choose can have an impact on your party. Like if you pick path A and your friends pick B, then you're playing alone with AI versions of the path B people.

Every path can be repeated an unlimited number of times, but keep in mind that whatever you choose can have an impact on your party. Like if you pick path A and your friends pick B, then you're playing alone with AI versions of the path B people.
That sounds great if there's no voice chat like I've heard.

Guys don't forget to download the Story Teller voice pack, it's free and it will let you change the voice of the narrator.

I got it on vita and I'm loving it so far. I've finished over half the dungeons and I do notice a little slowdown when things get hectic. That's not even playing online. But I do have 3 AI with me. It is also easy to lose your character on the vita screen when things get crazy. I'm going to be on the lookout for a cheaper ps3 copy so I can switch back and forth. I can't pay $50 right now when I just bought the Vita version new.

what the heck.. anyone else having problems with BBY? They didn't get any pre orders in at all. I was pretty annoyed. No copies in stock and no art book and no one had any idea what was going on. Did anyone get a copy from them? Luckily i had a backup ordered at GS since BBY's gaming department has been going to total shit lately. THey even took out the counter in the gaming section for some reason, and the employees that work the dept probably wouldn't be able to tell a vita from a psp

what the heck.. anyone else having problems with BBY? They didn't get any pre orders in at all. I was pretty annoyed. No copies in stock and no art book and no one had any idea what was going on. Did anyone get a copy from them? Luckily i had a backup ordered at GS since BBY's gaming department has been going to total shit lately. THey even took out the counter in the gaming section for some reason, and the employees that work the dept probably wouldn't be able to tell a vita from a psp
BB is taking the gaming counters out of their stores and eliminated the dedicated gaming employees.

Something odd happened when I picked this up yesterday. When I picked it up along with Tales, I paid using debit. When I pay using debit clerks rarely if ever ask to see your ID. Only when using credit. So I paid for the games and as I was walking out, the guy called me back over. He looked hung over. He apologized but said "I totally forgot, but can I see your ID real quick? I can't believe I just did that." I said uhhh... ok. I have a full beard and I look my age if not older which is late 20's, so I doubt it had anything to do with maturity level of the game, which I think is Teen anyway. Maybe it was related to the card, but again I used debit. He took my ID and started typing stuff in on the computer, then got frustrated and said something like "Screw it... probably going to get fired for this... sigh..." and handed it back to me.

I was like "Ok.... hope the rest of your day is better, bro. Have a good one" and left. I just found it odd.

It's killing me waiting for this game to arrive. I went with the free shipping on amazon so it won't arrive until monday the 12th... I want it NOW!

I just hope I still get the artbook because I had to adjust the payment method. I originally paid for it with around $10 of rewards points, but must have used them on another purchase in june or july. I'm assuming there won't be any problems.

Was lucky enough to not get screwed by GS and got my art book. 12 people preordered the game and they received 1 book per preorder So far this game is AMAZING!

I loved playing as the Dwarf in Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, so I started to roll a Dwarf... I am more than satisfied.
I'm playing Dwarf too! Very solid character so far.

If anyone hasn't bought this and still wants an art book just order from amazon.  They are clearly still advertising that it comes with the art book.  If you buy it, it gets delivered and you dont have the art book then you can 100% complain to customer service and they will either A) have to find you an art book or B) get you some kind of money back, because it clearly says, copy and paste:  "The 64-page art book (Dragons Crown Artworks) will be included."

I'll let everyone know when my non pre-order copy shows up tomorrow.

No stores got them, it's online only right now. Went in to pick some up yesterday and saw the inventory screens - zero on order in my region.

I did preorder from amazon and it did come with a artbook that was fully intact and did not have any wear and tear, so hopefully those who order after release date will get it as well. 

I would also like to put my playstation ID out there for anyone wanting to group up, on the PS3

SadExchange   is my ID

I preordered from Newegg. I did not receive an artbook. I emailed their customer support last night and was told that the game is not offered with an artbook. Really disappointed since I thought with the retailers listed on the game site that Newegg was participating. Just a heads up for anyone that might have ordered it from there, although most likely to late now.

Ended up ordering a ps3 copy as well this morning to go with my vita copy.. I can't wait til it gets cheaper. What's wrong with me. I'll just tell myself I'm supporting the devs.

bread's done
Back