Pre-order Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for $49.99 with FS @ BBY and Amazon

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...3&keywords=metal+gear+solid+legacy+collection

BEST BUY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metal+Gear+Solid%3A+The+Legacy+Collection+-+PlayStation+3/8906051.p;jsessionid=00392B4CAB133D6E37987CD529087038.bbolsp-app01-157?id=1218944439829&skuId=8906051&st=metal%20gear%20solid%20legacy&lp=1&cp=1

To those who still can't get the MGS HD collection this collection releases on July 9 and includes 8 complete games.

EDIT: Added Best Buy link to those who want the points.

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid 1 (code)
Metal Gear Solid 2: HD edition
Metal Gear Solid 3: HD edition
Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy edition
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD edition
Metal Gear Solid: VR missions (code)
and 100 Page artbook

Lame ended up cancelling my order (did not know MGS1/VR Missions were vouchers. I already had everything though would have been nice if everything was included on disk. Still a great package though!

[quote name='pholly']It's not retailer exclusive is it? Maybe it'll only be available at Amazon & BB.[/QUOTE]

to the best of my knowledge its not retailer exclusive to any one. i was just pointing out that almost every retail site that does have it listed is showing diferrent releases dates that are off by almost a month . on each respective site

[quote name='OregonDealz']What are the pre-order bonuses?[/QUOTE]

There aren't any - not yet, anyways. He was mistaken.

[quote name='teknobeavr']to the best of my knowledge its not retailer exclusive to any one. i was just pointing out that almost every retail site that does have it listed is showing diferrent releases dates that are off by almost a month . on each respective site[/QUOTE]

The old release date was June 18th, which Konami just updated today to July 9th.

I'm glad i didn't get the HD collection when it was released, this is so much better. I wonder if there is going to be a collectors edition of this somewhere?

[quote name='cheapwick']I remember giving up on the PS1 game years ago for whatever reason. So other than this collection, what is left? Portable Ops and MG Rising?[/QUOTE]

NES Metal Gear, Gamecube Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Ac!d 1 & 2, Portable Ops/ Portable Ops+, Gameboy Metal Gear Solid also known as Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Rising and The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 if you want to count that.

Also I doubt the PSP version of the Digital Graphic Novel is what we are going to be getting with this collection. I have no idea how that is going to work. The 2nd Graphic Novel game was never actually released in America either.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']
Also what is awesome is MGS is the last PSX game to be released on disc EVER in America. Pretty AWESOME!!![/QUOTE]
Metal Gear Solid 1 is the last PSX game to be released on disc in America?

i really hope they are porting this to ps4 (all downloadable would be good)
i really cant believe this is on ps3 with ps4 coming out without backwards compatibility AND the games arent even all on disc
as a gigantic metal gear fan, this is worthless to me
p.s.
please make mgs5 on ps4 for the love of god

and its time to let some random studio remake mgs1 in hd as a psn game (straight up hd re-skin, not remade like twin snakes)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Metal Gear Solid 1 is the last PSX game to be released on disc in America?[/QUOTE]

Im assuming he's talking about when it was released with the metal gear solid essentials collection

[quote name='MaximusDM']NES Metal Gear, Gamecube Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Ac!d 1 & 2, Portable Ops/ Portable Ops+, Gameboy Metal Gear Solid also known as Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, Metal Gear Rising and The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 if you want to count that.

Also I doubt the PSP version of the Digital Graphic Novel is what we are going to be getting with this collection. I have no idea how that is going to work. The 2nd Graphic Novel game was never actually released in America either.[/QUOTE]

Stupid question perhaps but is there any way to get Metal Gear NES on PS3?

[quote name='The Punisher']no love for xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

Mgs4 is too technical and superior for the Xbox 360 to handle. Maybe you'll see it on the Xbox infinity.

Thinking I'm just gonna trade in my PS3 copy of the HD collection and MGS4 to GameStop for a total $20 in store credit. I can merely buy this Legacy collection sometime down the road and get $20 towards the Last of Us.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Any plans for The Twin Snakes to be rereleased again for another system?[/QUOTE]

Sure.

If it's made by Nintendo.

The Twin Snakes is owned by Nintendo, just like Resident Evil (Remake) and 0. They'll never be on a non-Nintendo platform.

[quote name='kelo360']Stupid question perhaps but is there any way to get Metal Gear NES on PS3?[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 is?

Decided to preorder. I assumed this would be at least 80 bucks, so in my eyes its already 30 off. Also, i only own the disc copy of 1. Itll be nice to have to play on my vita too.

This is really tempting. Already have Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection. I also have everything else in some format, but the second volume of the digital graphic novel.

It boils down to the Volume 2 Graphic Novel and the art book. Can't decide at the moment.

Ended up pre-ordering despite the fact I just brought MGS HD Collection and MGS4 in the past few months. Thats an amazing deal for the price

[quote name='kelo360']Stupid question perhaps but is there any way to get Metal Gear NES on PS3?[/QUOTE]

The NES games are included with Metal Gear HD collection for PS3. It also appears to come with the Legacy Collection as well.

[quote name='AnaBob']The NES games are included with Metal Gear HD collection for PS3. It also appears to come with the Legacy Collection as well.[/QUOTE]

It's not the NES version.

Metal Gear originally was on the MSX2, a heavily altered "port" (I'd rather call it a demake) was released on the NES. The version in this is the MSX2 version upscaled. Metal Gear 2 never got a demake on NES, but rather a "false sequel" called Snakes Revenge.

[quote name='mastagoalie']what extras?[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep zeroing in on this, but not the responses to it? There are no preorder bonuses. He was mistaken.

[quote name='Pikagreg']Lame ended up cancelling my order (did not know MGS1/VR Missions were vouchers. I already had everything though would have been nice if everything was included on disk. Still a great package though![/QUOTE]

Did the exact same thing, cancelled my pre order due to digital downloads.

[quote name='Pikagreg']Lame ended up cancelling my order (did not know MGS1/VR Missions were vouchers. I already had everything though would have been nice if everything was included on disk. Still a great package though![/QUOTE]

I don't know why so many people want MGS 1 on disc, I understand it sucks if you don't have wifi, but at least this way you can play MGS 1 on your PSP / Vita (I assume it works for the Vita anyway) too.

MGS4: Trophy Edition? Is that the official name? :lol: Gets the point across though, I'll admit.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Why do people keep zeroing in on this, but not the responses to it? There are no preorder bonuses. He was mistaken.[/QUOTE]

it's not enough to politely correct someone, everything has to be "total pwnage" on the internet for some reason, no matter how insignificant the topic. the people doing the "pwning" really seem to need it though.

[quote name='admiralvic']I don't know why so many people want MGS 1 on disc, I understand it sucks if you don't have wifi, but at least this way you can play MGS 1 on your PSP / Vita (I assume it works for the Vita anyway) too.[/QUOTE]

There are still some stragglers on this whole DD thing. If MGS1 and VR got another printing, this package would be a lot more expensive. For starters, they'd have to manufacture the black PS1 discs again. There would need to be a whole set up dedicated to making PS1 discs and reprinting MGS1 and VR as needed for each print run of this collection. Think about that :lol:

[quote name='The Punisher']no love for xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Byakurai']Mgs4 is too technical and superior for the Xbox 360 to handle. Maybe you'll see it on the Xbox infinity.[/QUOTE]

It would be kind of funny if the Vita got a port of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a Vita version of this Legacy Collection. Of course, they'd have split up the collection for space sake.

Another incentive for me to get this is digital versions of Metal Gear Solid and VR Missions since I don't have those yet.

[quote name='Byakurai']Mgs4 is too technical and superior for the Xbox 360 to handle. Maybe you'll see it on the Xbox infinity.[/QUOTE]

Kojima CONFIRMED a few weeks ago on IGN that MGS4 would be 7 discs on 360. Which would make this set a MINIMUM of 9 discs. Dont forget the HD collection on 360 is 2 discs, PW being by itself with 2 & 3 on the other. It would also mean changing aspects of MGS4 in story that relate to the PLaystation brand. Just not going to happen.

Half life and Left 4 dead cannot run on PS3.

Lol at Kojima's 7-disc comment. Compress the sound and it'll easily drop to two, I bet.

Anyways, this collection looks gorgeous. Just beat MGS2 and 3 on the Vita and am going to continue MGS4 soon

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I wish MGS 4 was included... :(

EDIT: Wait.. is MGS 4 Trophy Edition similar/same to MGS 4 Guns of the Patriots?[/QUOTE]
They are one and the same. They patched the original so it now has trophies.

[quote name='TooPoor']Are you serious.[/QUOTE]

bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/06/10/why-valve-don-t-make-ps3-games/1

Add www. At the beginning of the link. Can't post links for being a newbie.

[quote name='mexicanfan']bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/06/10/why-valve-don-t-make-ps3-games/1

Add www. At the beginning of the link. Can't post links for being a newbie.[/QUOTE]
It states the same reason that we have always known: the obscure ISA. Which is why they are moving to the x86 (which by the way, I predict will cause modded consoles to be a bigger problem than it is now).

This is identical to the MGS: HD Collection. Codes have no value to me, whatsoever.

Got all excited over VR Missions and MGS1 for nothing.

[quote name='Gamelore']This is identical to the MGS: HD Collection. Codes have no value to me, whatsoever.

Got all excited over VR Missions and MGS1 for nothing.[/QUOTE]

A hard copy of MGS1 or VR missions is worth absolutely nothing. Why not just buy them? I still have mine, but i'll probably get this for PSP copies.

No interest in this sadly (already own mgs4 and hd collection on ps3). Wouldn't mind buying somebodies vr missions code when this comes out though :D

If I can sell MGS:HD Collection on Glyde, will this be worth pre-ordering?
I've barely started Peace Walker and I've yet to pick up MGS4 or MGS1.
An artbook is nice to have...

Missed out on the HD collection now I'm glad I passed on it. I think I'm going to pre-order this when I get done paying off my Last of US pre-order. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

[quote name='redmangoose']If I can sell MGS:HD Collection on Glyde, will this be worth pre-ordering?
I've barely started Peace Walker and I've yet to pick up MGS4 or MGS1.
An artbook is nice to have...[/QUOTE]
How is the selling price on Glyde these days? Last time I tried to use it the prices were not as much as eBay.

[quote name='Smashingly']A hard copy of MGS1 or VR missions is worth absolutely nothing. Why not just buy them? I still have mine, but i'll probably get this for PSP copies.[/QUOTE]

Some of us would really prefer physical copies in one complete set.

[quote name='TooPoor']How is the selling price on Glyde these days? Last time I tried to use it the prices were not as much as eBay.[/QUOTE]

Haven't checked. But keep in mind if you ship it by yourself you'll have to deal with packaging, shipping and labels, which costs a good chunk. Glyde sends you a package which you can just drop in the mail and it only costs like 2-3 bucks.

[quote name='redmangoose']Haven't checked. But keep in mind if you ship it by yourself you'll have to deal with packaging, shipping and labels, which costs a good chunk. Glyde sends you a package which you can just drop in the mail and it only costs like 2-3 bucks.[/QUOTE]
I know. But size zero bubble mailers are three for a dollar at the 99 cent store. And packing tape are dirt cheap at Costco when they have the coupons for it. Printing paper can be had for free AR at staples, and ink is cheap at Costco when they have the coupons for it.

I am such a week man and I am in for one. Thank goodness for reward zone points which I was going to use for my upcoming ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I dont know if I should get this. I'm a huge Metal gear solid 1 and 3 fan. I still have my original copy of MGS 1 for PS1, MGS3 for PS2, MGS4 Greatest hits for PS3, MGS Portable ops on psp, the collectors edition of MGS HD for 360 still sealed, and then I have MGS HD (disc 1 and 2) for games on demand on 360...
So far I've only played MGS1 like 12 times, an MGS 3 once. I should really go and play the other games.

I still want this collection for some reason. Is there any reason for me to buy this other than VR missions which I could probably just buy off PSN? What kind of artbook is included, like from what games?

[quote name='mexicanfan']Half life and Left 4 dead cannot run on PS3.[/QUOTE]

You obviously never heard of the Orange Box uh? else you would know that half life does run on a ps3. and as far as Left 4 Dead I am sure is more something to do with licencing issues.

bread's done
Back