Pre-Order the PSP Go for $212.49 ($180 After Bing CB) @ Dell.com

Dell.com Bing Cashback is 15% now.. so this PSP can be had for $191 ($ 225 (Dell Price) - 15% BING cashback) or even less if you can apply the 15% Dell Coupon.

[quote name='gi60']Dell.com Bing Cashback is 15% now.. so this PSP can be had for $191 ($ 225 (Dell Price) - 15% BING cashback) or even less if you can apply the 15% Dell Coupon.[/QUOTE]

What!? Now I gotta cancel my order. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='gi60']Dell.com Bing Cashback is 15% now.. so this PSP can be had for $191 ($ 225 (Dell Price) - 15% BING cashback) or even less if you can apply the 15% Dell Coupon.[/QUOTE]

Hot diggity damn, it is! Well now we're getting somewhere...

[quote name='georox']Honestly, I would rather pay a premium for a game than get stuck paying a jacked up used price later on if it becomes "rare", not to mention that with downloaded games, likely the people who MADE the game get more money, since you should be going through less people to get the game.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to think that's the case, but I'm incredulous to the idea that the developers will see any increase in profit over selling physical copies. I'm also not sure I understand your first point. If you're worried about a title becoming rare why not just buy it at launch/before it becomes rare? I'd rather have a few titles become a pain to buy down the road but otherwise have a healthy and competitive used market than be stuck buying games at the retailers' discretion as to what they think it's worth.

Crash Bandicoot costs $10 on PSN. Halo 1 costs around $10, too on XBL. You could get either of those for around $3 on the physical used market. Now imagine if there was no physical used market.

[quote name='Darknuke'] ...I love my PSP, but I think once Microsofts handheld comes out, the PSP will forever be gone and the DS and Xbox handheld will duke it out...
[/QUOTE]

MSFT handheld?? do you know something we don't or you talking Zune HD?? b/c the Zune HD will be no where near the quality or build of the PSP or pspGo for that matter.

[quote name='SimaYi']After tax & shipping, not worth it. Hell, even a straight $200 with no tax/free shipping would not make me "upgrade" to this.[/QUOTE]

dell has 15% bing cashback atm, yes you read that right 15% so basically u get around $30 back making it around $200 after tax and there is free 2 day shipping actually...

[quote name='bluedoggy1']dell has 15% bing cashback atm, yes you read that right 15% so basically u get around $30 back making it around $200 after tax and there is free 2 day shipping actually...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that cashback only applies to computers, not consoles. At least, that's what they're site says when you log in.

Cashback applies to anything on the site, but if you're using a coupon. You might not get the CB. But there is no harm in trying. This actually makes the PS3 a good deal too, since it would make it close to $225 or so with the CB.

If you consider the PSPgo overpriced...do you also consider the iPod Touch overpriced too? In comparison I feel the PSPgo is a lot better deal.

Anyhow I'm so tempted with this deal but I'm so poor. :(

[quote name='Fuzi0n']If you consider the PSPgo overpriced...do you also consider the iPod Touch overpriced too? In comparison I feel the PSPgo is a lot better deal.

Anyhow I'm so tempted with this deal but I'm so poor. :([/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a parallel comparison. Both devices serve different principal purposes. For what it's worth, I'd buy the iPod Touch over the PSP Go mainly because of the app support, interface and web browser. If I was wanting to choose one solely for gaming then maybe I'd go with the PSP.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']If you consider the PSPgo overpriced...do you also consider the iPod Touch overpriced too? In comparison I feel the PSPgo is a lot better deal.

Anyhow I'm so tempted with this deal but I'm so poor. :([/QUOTE]

Obviously its a matter of opinion, but I think the touch is awesome and worth the price, the app store makes it so many different things like a xm receiver, game machine, ect. Sony has said they don't see the mini's as being like an app store, so I would say the touch it a much more adaptable machine. Plus there are tons of decent games on the touch for 99 cents that are a a lot of fun.

Thanks OP. I ordered one of these Tuesday.

My October 9th delivery estimate is worrying me. How accurate are those from Dell?

I assume they are being conservative just in case there are problems.

For those of you on the border of upgrading or not (and in Europe):
http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/09/24/psp-go-rewards-provides-3-free-titles/
In news set to entice gamers across the globe into purchasing one of the new ‘PSP Go’ systems set for release next Thursday 1st October, Sony have today announced a promotion entitled ‘PSP Go Rewards,’ which will provide the chance for anyone that purchases one of the new handhelds to download three free PSP titles from a set of seventeen – all entirely for free!

From the PR email, here is the easy way to go about claiming on such an offer;
1. Unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and start it up
2. Connect to PlayStation®Network and activate your new or existing PlayStation Network account for PSPgo Rewards
3. Start up your current PSP and connect to PlayStation Network
4. Login using the same PlayStation Network account , and launch PlayStation®Store
5. Pop one of your UMDs into the drive of your current PSP and register on PSPgo Rewards when prompted
6. Download a PSPgo theme
7. Wait for your email voucher for your three free games
8. Choose, download and enjoy!

Also, “Promotion starts on 1 October 2009 and runs until 31 March 2010. Promotion open to owners of a PSP-1000, 2000 or 3000 and at least one UMD, when they purchase a PSPgo. Titles may vary by territory and age restrictions apply.” This is certainly a fantastic offer and adds great free content to tie in with the PSP Go’s retail price – also remember you can get GT PSP for free as well!

The list of available titles is as follows;

Killzone Liberation
Medievil
Wipeout Pure
Buzz Brain Bender
Buzz Master Quiz
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Everybody’s Golf
Resistance: Retribution
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Lemmings
LocoRoco
Patapon
Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
Echochrome
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Daxter

Last edited by a moderator:
^man if that's their goodwill umd program it really sucks, i've got at least like 20-30 games, and there gonna let me convert 3 of the oldest and cheapest ones out. This definitely cements my decision not to get a go.

It really is more of a compelling deal for someone like myself -- as in not own a PSP, but know someone who does. I'll just borrow my little brother's PSP and get three games + Gran Turismo PSP for free with the system.

Honestly, I thought the $250 Go price was a ripoff, but combine this Dell deal with 4 free games, and you're looking at a very good deal.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']It really is more of a compelling deal for someone like myself -- as in not own a PSP, but know someone who does. I'll just borrow my little brother's PSP and get three games + Gran Turismo PSP for free with the system.

Honestly, I thought the $250 Go price was a ripoff, but combine this Dell deal with 4 free games, and you're looking at a very good deal.[/QUOTE]

Gran Turismo is only free in Europe and I'd say you could get 3 of those old games for like a combined cost of 30 dollars without much effort. Getting 3 free games by borrowing your friends PSP aint a bad deal-getting Patapon, locoroco and Wipeout is a great start to your collection, but I imagine that's not the buyer they were targeting with this promotion.

The PSPGo is a good system for someone who doesnt own a PSP. But for me that means all my old games wont work with this high priced fancy looking unit. Ill wait till sometime next year or if the wife decides on it for a gift.

[quote name='caltab']Gran Turismo is only free in Europe and I'd say you could get 3 of those old games for like a combined cost of 30 dollars without much effort. Getting 3 free games by borrowing your friends PSP aint a bad deal-getting Patapon, locoroco and Wipeout is a great start to your collection, but I imagine that's not the buyer they were targeting with this promotion.[/QUOTE]
Maybe, but it's still worth mentioning none the less.

[quote name='tenma']
Crash Bandicoot costs $10 on PSN. Halo 1 costs around $10, too on XBL. You could get either of those for around $3 on the physical used market. Now imagine if there was no physical used market.[/QUOTE]

Actually its only $5.99. All PS1 games are that price except the "premium" games such as FF7/MGS/Tomb Raider 1(lol, 2nd and 3rd are $6)

Anyways 6 bucks for a game that can be played on PS3/PSP is a steal. Makes it 3 bucks if you own both platforms.

going to pass. i just bought a PS 3 and i have a psp-1000 to suit my needs. I don't need two psps now.

good deal with dell and bing but to me, it's not worth it to current PSP owners.

I'm confused, the promotion states its good for owners of the regular PSP models and one-UMD..what does that mean?? Also, if the states got a free copy of GT, I'd be in for one (even though its known that I hate sim racers as seen on the NFS Shift thread :lol:) I just want to see some 60 fps action on the PSP...

[quote name='token2k6']I'm confused, the promotion states its good for owners of the regular PSP models and one-UMD..what does that mean?? Also, if the states got a free copy of GT, I'd be in for one (even though its known that I hate sim racers as seen on the NFS Shift thread :lol:) I just want to see some 60 fps action on the PSP...[/QUOTE]

BIG NOTE: The 3 free games promotion is for Europe only. SCEA has not announced anything of the sort, so don't get your hopes up as it launches next week. You are most likely stuck with your UMDs.

For Euros to get the 3 free games, you have to login to PSN on your old PSP with a UMD in the drive to activate the promotion - thus the "regular model + one UMD" statement.

[quote name='darknight88']Actually its only $5.99. All PS1 games are that price except the "premium" games such as FF7/MGS/Tomb Raider 1(lol, 2nd and 3rd are $6)

Anyways 6 bucks for a game that can be played on PS3/PSP is a steal. Makes it 3 bucks if you own both platforms.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I still stand by my original point though - that it's better when the consumer can directly determine the value of a used game than a sole distributor. Ideally, having both situations running in tandem would be best though.

so wait, just to be sure,

I search dell.com on bing.com
click on the link
enter my email and link the bing link at the bottom of dell.com
search "pspgo"
enter the 6FWJ247J1P44CK coupon...
and it's still 212...

what did I do wrong? When does the rest of the discount happen? Thanks

So I tried to cancel my order and instead of having me cancel, they offered me $50 refund once I receive the PSP :D
PSPgo for 177.36. Works for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck, really? Damn it....now i have to call and see if they hook me up with the free next day shipping.[/QUOTE]

yeah I just happend upon it, its like the third shipping choice.

according to IGN the 3 games free for existing PSP owners is NOT coming to America, also a rep is quoted as saying...
"We have a dual platform strategy, the PSPgo is the latest offering in our portable entertainment products targeted for the digitally savvy and early adopters"
Sony is pretty much saying dont buy the go if you already have a PSP. What a stupid strategy, especially given they previously teased a UMD trade in program. Sony is brilliantly marketing this thing.

Yep. It seems SCEA is really dropping the ball on this:
http://kotaku.com/5367207/sony-no-umd-conversion-program-for-pspgo-yet
Playstation Portable owners will not be able to transfer the disc-based UMD games they own to a PSPgo when the sleek new digital-only system launches next week, Sony officials told Kotaku today.

"We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time," a Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman told Kotaku.

The $250 PSPgo has no UMD drive, instead relying fully on an Internet connection to purchase, download and install games onto the system's harddrive or removable memory.

At this year's E3 Expo in Los Angeles, Sony Computer Entertainment officials said that they hoped to have a plan in place to allow UMD games to be transferred over to the PSPgo by the launch of the system.

"We are looking into programs for owners who have previously purchased UMD titles and want to exchange them for digital versions," Sony Computer Entertainment's Brian Keltner told Kotaku at the time. "It's something we are still hammering out the details. As soon as we have solid plans in place we will make an announcement."

One of the rumored plans involved Sony installing kiosks in retail stores which would allow gamers to turn their UMD games into digital ones. Recently a Dutch and Australian retailer said they would not be carrying the PSPgo.

While the ability to transfer already owned copies of UMD games to the PSPgo could likely have a large impact on whether current Playstation Portable owners would buy the system, it's unlikely it would impact gamers new to Sony's portable offerings.

During the Tokyo Game Show Sony unveiled new peripherals for the PSPgo, dropped the price of the Playstation Portable in Japan and announced the launch of a program that would free games to people in Europe who upgrade from the PSP to the PSPgo.

"it's unlikely it would impact gamers new to Sony's portable offerings."

I think that comments just way off, lets see if I havent bought a PSP yet, should I get one that can only play a fraction of the PSPs library and one that forces me to pay full retail price for everything, or should I get one that can play all games and allow me to get them at a discount.
I like getting new gadgets, and was really looking for a reason to buy this thing, but just can't justify it to myself.

[quote name='caltab']Sony is the one that mentioned this program and called it a "good will" one. I know they said they were only considering it, but If they werent going to do it I doubt they would mention it to the press. Maybe they'll announce something at TGS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']"We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time," a Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman told Kotaku.[/QUOTE]

Hate to say I told you so, but . . . um, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I expected.

[quote name='arcane93']Hate to say I told you so, but . . . um, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I expected.[/QUOTE]

You were indeed correct...I guess I shouldn't be shocked that Sony would suggest they were going to do something then later backtrack. You'd think they would just never mention it if they weren't going to do it, heck a lot of articles I've read actually assumed a conversion program was a foregone conclusion.

Man...you suck Sony. I love toys... I have all 3 systems and a PSP. I've got money to burn and I still can't see justifying this purchase. Thats pretty bad considering this fantastic deal off a launch day product. I'm struggling to see market Sony is after with PSPgo..... is there any chance it could succeed?

[quote name='jakubp12']So I tried to cancel my order and instead of having me cancel, they offered me $50 refund once I receive the PSP :D
PSPgo for 177.36. Works for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shouamabane']I called and they offered me a $30 refund. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I called and got offered $20, had to take it. My final price $155 ($168 w/tax). Didn't want to push my luck and ask for the free upgrade to next day air.

[quote name='caltab']lets see if I havent bought a PSP yet, should I get one that can only play a fraction of the PSPs library and one that forces me to pay full retail price for everything, or should I get one that can play all games and allow me to get them at a discount.[/QUOTE]

My guess? They'll *cough* fail to note that all of the downloadable games that they'll probably advertise the hell out of in order to push this can also be played on the regular PSP as well, and count on the ignorance of the average consumer to lead people to buy it just because it's the "new" one.

What do you tell them to get the refunds when you call? Do you just say you want to cancel the order? What should I tell them in order to get a $50 refund?

Just putting in a comment here, but that price is very high -- even after the discount. If the PSPGo was 150 and there was a Sony supported method for me to transfer all of my UMD titles into a digital format to use on the PSPGo, while still allowing users to keep the UMDs for the other PSP, then I would be all over this. I still have a PSP 1000 which has served me very well, so it's really not worth the upgrade at 200+ in price -- IMHO, that is.

But if this is for you and you don't own a PSP already and you're only interested in buying digital copies of the games, then by all means, hit this offer up. I'm certain the PSPGo will be priced high for a little while.

[quote name='mrkool899']What do you tell them to get the refunds when you call? Do you just say you want to cancel the order? What should I tell them in order to get a $50 refund?[/QUOTE]

i want to know too please

Man, can US get anything free on launch day? Europe is getting GT + 3 free games. Oh well, Europe normally gets the shaft (especially the price) so I feel a little bad complaining. But still!

I don't think I have ever had such mixed emotions about a console. On one hand, i LOVE the PSPgo. Looks awesome, lots of storage, I think it's sleek. But on the other hand i HATE HATE HATE what Sony is doing with it.

No UMD program, no free game, $250 price tag, c'mon!

Sony, I would have gladly mailed in my UMDs for a download code, and you could destroy them, I can't believe that's not even an option.

Sorry, now Im just rambling. Begrudgingly in for one.

bread's done
Back