Pre-Order the PSP Go for $212.49 ($180 After Bing CB) @ Dell.com

[quote name='mrkool899']What do you tell them to get the refunds when you call? Do you just say you want to cancel the order? What should I tell them in order to get a $50 refund?[/QUOTE]
I just called and said I want to cancel.
She asked me if I was sure and I said yes but then she told me she would give me a $50 refund. I guess it just depends on the person you get.
She sent me an email confirming the refund and I have to reply to it once I receive the PSP and she will issue the $50 back onto my card.

[quote name='silks']I guess they figure these things won't sell, and really just want to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]
huh?

I own every US-released video game system ever made, and I eagerly stood in line for the 360, ps3, and wii when they were released. I will never buy this piece of shit excuse for a system. It can't even play games & movies that were made for it's own platform (UMD's). What kind of idiots would design something so stupid? Oh, Sony, of course. The same company that forfeited its HUGE market share of the previous generation of consoles when they priced their PS3 at $600 on release.

On a side note, digital media distribution is bullshit. If I'm going to pay for games, I damn well better be able to resell them when I'm done with them. I hope this fails miserably.

Just to let people know; I've just received bing cashback (pending) of $31.87 this evening for my preorder; $180.77 (plus tax) confirmed!

I understand people with a previous psp being pissed, SCEA are cheating their most loyal customers, especially when compared to deals in Europe (despite the extra price they have to pay). However, this is my first psp and personally I'm keen on the form factor, never liked the rather bulky psp-1000-3000.

Realistically though, the psp-go launch is dead in the water, I just hope they support it well for the next 2-3 years!

[quote name='DocCurt']Just to let people know; I've just received bing cashback (pending) of $31.87 this evening for my preorder; $180.77 (plus tax) confirmed!

![/QUOTE]

When did you made the pre-order? How long does it take to get an email from Bing for the cashback?
Thanks in advance.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='infini2001']When did you made the pre-order? How long does it take to get an email from Bing for the cashback?
Thanks for advance.;)[/QUOTE]
Preordered last night (Friday 9/25), just got cashback pending email tonight, apparently I get money back sometime in November

[quote name='abhinav']Sorry for this question but what is this bing cash back?[/QUOTE]
Check start of this post; search for "dell psp" via bing.com

Considering it is download only are the games 10 to 15 dollars cheaper? Eliminating the middle man is there a benefit for the consumer?

[quote name='gepet0']Considering it is download only are the games 10 to 15 dollars cheaper? Eliminating the middle man is there a benefit for the consumer?[/QUOTE]

No they are supposedly full retail price, which means you will be paying a premium on this thing for as long as you own it considering you can get pretty much every psp game below retail-motorstorm for example is 32 bucks pre-eca on amazon atm.

they only offered me 20 to avoid cancelation, so i let them cancel. Figure the 20 bucks wasnt worth risking the bing cash back (31 dollars), for 30 or 50 I would have risked it and kept the order.

wasnt meant to be.

Dell offered me $25 for not canceling:roll:, I am not sure it is good or not, but I accepted it.
So my cost for PSP go would be the total of around $190 (tax included). I did bing search, so just my finger crossed for that...:whistle2:k

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Anyone figure out what's up with the Ship Date of 10/9? With Next Day Shipping, shouldn't we be getting it on 10/2?[/QUOTE]
dont hold me to it but I have ordered from dell before and they always ship much sooner than they say they will. They just like to give themselves a buffer.

[quote name='gepet0']Considering it is download only are the games 10 to 15 dollars cheaper? Eliminating the middle man is there a benefit for the consumer?[/QUOTE]

No, in most cases the download games are in fact more expensive than the same game found at retail.

I heard somewhere that Sony believes you should pay extra for the convenience, though I haven't looked for/found a direct quote on this.

wow. I completely bought this on such an impulse. The second I get money from my school refund check (loans) I spend it on stupid things, that is why I am in debt. Well, I hope the go is cool. I have never had a psp, and do not own an ipod or any other mp3, so maybe I could put this to good use.

I also have a question in regards to bing.com

So I gave them my email, and when I get my cashback, how do they do it? Do they direct deposit in your account? Do they give you credit? What happens? Thanks guys

and also...the est delivery does say oct 14 like you guys say....which is weird, because its free overnight shipping, youd think the estimation was a little slower. But no worries.

After 60 days, they'll send an email to you saying the fund is available, then you can choose whether you have the fund deposited to your paypal or a check mailed to you.

oh yea, not worried, I just find it odd. Good thing you guys have posted this, other buyers may not know this. But thanks infini.

On a side note, for some reason my first order did not go through, so I re-ordered, and that one did. Now my paypal account has 2 pending orders. Weird. I know one will not go through, well....hopefully.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']QFT. wayyyy too expensive.[/QUOTE]
I agree that @ MSRP it is overpriced but with bing and dell coupon its just about right. I know If I had buyers remourse I can ebay it without incurring a loss and maybe even profit.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']I agree that @ MSRP it is overpriced but with bing and dell coupon its just about right. I know If I had buyers remourse I can ebay it without incurring a loss and maybe even profit.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what's keeping me from canceling mine.

So far as I can tell Gamestop knocked down the prices for all their used PSP games today. A lot were knocked down only like 2 bucks-dissidia and soul calibur were 35, now there 33 for example. Most interesting is Motorstorm used is starting at 25 bucks. I don't know if this is directly related to the Go's lunch, but its an interesting strategy if it is.

I really don't understand why anyone would buy this? The current PSP does everything this PSPgo does sans the bluetooth and the slightly smaller package. With the PSPgo you are stuck buying games by digital download at full price. I can find many UMD games on eBay, GS, etc. for $10. Since Sony annouced no UMD to digital exchange it has no value over the PSP.

true. The lack of retail competition is disheartening. However, the psp 1000-3000 models are just ugly and not very travel friendly.

And with a handheld aesthetics and build design truly matter.

The PSPgo looks sexy and MUCH more convenient than the thousand models.

true. The lack of retail competition is disheartening. However, the psp 1000-3000 models are just ugly and not very travel friendly.

And with a handheld aesthetics and build design truly matter.

The PSPgo looks sexy and MUCH more convenient than the thousand models.

[quote name='mj1984']On a side note, digital media distribution is bullshit. If I'm going to pay for games, I damn well better be able to resell them when I'm done with them.[/QUOTE]
Admittedly the PSP Go is pretty cool, but that's ^ what is keeping me from finally purchasing a PSP. once you downloaded the media you're stuck with it and at retail prices at that, wouldn't be so bad if the PSN Network cards were available at discounted prices like Microsoft points though.

god, dell is fuck pissing me off.

My order has been cancelled three times! I have plenty of money in the bank, and I do not know why it is getting cancelled.

Forget calling customer service, because you speak with a new person every 2 minutes, and everytime I have to verify my email address, home address, telephone number, name, and customer number. And than after giving that information I am put on hold for another 10 minutes, until I talk to another rep, who asks for the same information.

:EDIT:

So I got off of the phone with them and they said it has been cancelled because dell.com will not ship to my house due to it being flagged. I guess she said because of fraudulent stuff.... the thing is I go to college in new hampshire and the people in the house this year are not the same as before...I told her that and than she told me my paypal address is unverified...which is not true.

These people are so incompetent. Anyways, I have gone off task. Just thought I would share.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']god, dell is fuck pissing me off.

My order has been cancelled three times! I have plenty of money in the bank, and I do not know why it is getting cancelled.

Forget calling customer service, because you speak with a new person every 2 minutes, and everytime I have to verify my email address, home address, telephone number, name, and customer number. And than after giving that information I am put on hold for another 10 minutes, until I talk to another rep, who asks for the same information.

:EDIT:

So I got off of the phone with them and they said it has been cancelled because dell.com will not ship to my house due to it being flagged. I guess she said because of fraudulent stuff.... the thing is I go to college in new hampshire and the people in the house this year are not the same as before...I told her that and than she told me my paypal address is unverified...which is not true.

These people are so incompetent. Anyways, I have gone off task. Just thought I would share.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just have it shipped to a family or friend's house.

[quote name='caltab']^man if that's their goodwill umd program it really sucks, i've got at least like 20-30 games, and there gonna let me convert 3 of the oldest and cheapest ones out. This definitely cements my decision not to get a go.[/QUOTE]Once the specifics were officially announced, everything about the Go has confused me. I honestly can't figure why any current PSP owner would buy a Go. The only scenario that makes any sense to me is that the Go is to try and draw DS owners or just anyone who never had a PSP or other handheld till now. I'll be sticking with the original and the 3000.

For anyone buying a Go, this seems the best deal you'll see on it for a while.

Poor Sony.
They looked at Nintendo and said, they can keep releasing the same console with a different name and make a killing, why not us?
Too bad the people that buy your stuff don't fall for that.
Sony couldn't have botched this launch more if they tried.
As someone who still has his first PSP, got it at midnight at Blockbuster, why would I buy this?
They tell me to throw away all my UMDs and rebuy the games. No thanks.
They charge over $50 over the physical media version, which should be preferred because it gives you more options.
The games are all digital, through their store.
You think you will ever see a sale? Ever be able to pick up a cheap used copy?
The only thing they could have done is updated the hardware, call it PSP2 and have it backwards compatible.
Using 2004-5 technology and charging almost as much as a PS3 is crazy, caaa-raaazzzy.
Good luck with that guys.

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']Admittedly the PSP Go is pretty cool, but that's ^ what is keeping me from finally purchasing a PSP. once you downloaded the media you're stuck with it and at retail prices at that, wouldn't be so bad if the PSN Network cards were available at discounted prices like Microsoft points though.[/QUOTE]

One benefit to DD PSP games is that you can share the content with 5 PSPs. Think about that. You basically can have 5 copies of all your DD games. If you are gonna own 2 PSPs(along with PSPgo) you can share your game with both PSPs. Thats awesome in my opinion if you have kids. Now they can play together for the price of one game.

Having all your games in your PSPgo > carrying 10+ UMDs at all times.

[quote name='Zimmy']Poor Sony.
They looked at Nintendo and said, they can keep releasing the same console with a different name and make a killing, why not us?
As someone who still has his first PSP, got it at midnight at Blockbuster, why would I buy this?
They charge over $50 over the physical media version, which should be preferred because it gives you more options.
The only thing they could have done is updated the hardware, call it PSP2 and have it backwards compatible.
Using 2004-5 technology and charging almost as much as a PS3 is crazy, caaa-raaazzzy.
Good luck with that guys.[/QUOTE]

Sony is not targetting Nintendo's DSi. If you are sane, you know you cant compete with it. Guess you are the dummy if you cant see that. Instead they are targetting the Ipod ppls.(those who like new tech at premium prices)

Also whats the DSi's price? ~$180? And whats a Wii cost? $200? So Sony are the only ones with crazy prices? Right.:roll:

[quote name='Zimmy']Poor Sony.
Good luck with that guys.[/QUOTE]
From a core gamer's standpoint you do have valid points that should be considered before anyone makes a big purchase.. But from sonys standpoint you dont. For example; Sony knows exactly what they are doing and they dont give a shit that you wont be able to resell your used games. Most of what I hear from the haters is just venting. I'll say it again Sony knows what they are doing. But that dosent mean their plan will work. One more thing. The group that sony is targeting with the go is way bigger than the one that you or I represent.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darknight88']Sony is not targetting Nintendo's DSi. If you are sane, you know you cant compete with it. Guess you are the dummy if you cant see that. Instead they are targetting the Ipod ppls.(those who like new tech at premium prices)

Also whats the DSi's price? ~$180? And whats a Wii cost? $200? So Sony are the only ones with crazy prices? Right.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Where did I say Sony was targeting the DSi?
I know we all like to win arguments but let's not fabricate something to help your point.
Sony knows they can't compete with it, of course they are marketing it to the tech, ipod touch users.
Sony is selling old hardware for a higher price, which is what Nintendo does (Wii and DSi).
Doesn't mean they are trying to compete with that.
But tell yourself that is what I meant if it helps you.

And xxDoylexx, I didn't say Sony doesnt' know what they are doing, they know exactly what they are doing.
They have been trying to cut out the used game market since the PS3 was being designed.
Apple and Nintendo seems to be the only companies that can tell their consumers what features they need.

My point is, Sony should have made a PSP2 if they want to sell a new system at that price.

[quote name='darknight88']Sony is not targetting Nintendo's DSi. If you are sane, you know you cant compete with it. Guess you are the dummy if you cant see that. Instead they are targetting the Ipod ppls.(those who like new tech at premium prices)

Also whats the DSi's price? ~$180? And whats a Wii cost? $200? So Sony are the only ones with crazy prices? Right.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct.

I myself am contemplating whether I should get an iPod Touch (64 GB for $400), Microsoft Zune HD (32 GB for $300), or a PSP Go for $250, although it looks like it can be had for $180-$200 via this deal (16 GB expandable to at least 32 GB with a 16 GB Memory Stick Micro which can be had for about $80-$90).

True, I could get a Monopoly Operating System Company's 16 GB MP3 player for $200. But neither M$'s or Apfel's MP3 player (and AAC player in the case of the iPod) is expandable.

Just wanted to add, I've gotten a Bing Cashback pending notification AND a $30 incentive no-cancel incentive from Dell. If the Bing pulls through, it brings the whole thing down to $150.20. If not, then $182. Totally worth the price of admission, as I'm going digital anyway, and I don't expect the prices to get below either of those points anytime soon... and it's my last chance to spend my work's gadget allowance, and can't think of anything else to get. ;)

Thanks, CAGs! :D

[quote name='kingchaos']How long did you have to wait for the pending notification from Bing?[/QUOTE]

Placed the order Friday night, got an email from Bing last night. I think it took a bit for the credit card order to process. Had I ordered it in the afternoon on a Tuesday, it probably would have made it by Wednesday.

Fingers crossed that with the coupon AND the no-cancel incentive, I won't get denied, but from what I'm reading, once it's in pending status, I'm somewhat safe.

[quote name='ehren13']Placed the order Friday night, got an email from Bing last night. I think it took a bit for the credit card order to process. Had I ordered it in the afternoon on a Tuesday, it probably would have made it by Wednesday.

Fingers crossed that with the coupon AND the no-cancel incentive, I won't get denied, but from what I'm reading, once it's in pending status, I'm somewhat safe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I ordered mine this morning and never used Bing before.

with whom are you talking regarding the "no cancel" incentive? i spoke with cancellations last night about potentially canceling my order and no incentives were offered.

Are there supposed to be any notices regarding cashback during the checkout process? I logged in to the cashback thing when I entered the Dell site...just wanna make sure it's still applying before I submit the order.

bread's done
Back