pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
So we have to go to a physical Best Buy if we want to receive the miniature?  Or are we good if we place it online for in-store pickup? 

So we have to go to a physical Best Buy if we want to receive the miniature? Or are we good if we place it online for in-store pickup?
I'd like to know this as well. Anyone here have experience with pre-ordering games that come with physical pre-order extras and getting the item(s) when doing in-store pickup?

Does anyone know if I reserve 2 copies if I will get 2 $20 certificates. I was going to pre-order a copy for a friends since this deal is insane for a day one release.

Awesome. So how does that make the game half-off if I pre-order online though? I have GCU, but don't the certificates take like a few weeks to show up in your account? They aren't instantly available to apply towards the pre-order is what I'm trying to say. I'm just trying to figure out how this gets the pre-order price down to half-off, especially since Best Buy charges right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. So how does that make the game half-off if I pre-order online though? I have GCU, but don't the certificates take like a few weeks to show up in your account? They aren't instantly available to apply towards the pre-order is what I'm trying to say. I'm just trying to figure out how this gets the pre-order price down to half-off, especially since Best Buy charges right away.
Its going to run you $48 plus tax cash credit or whatever, Then about 3-4 weeks later you'll be getting a certificate in your email, sometimes sooner...

Going to run me half off I got certificates built up so I will apply $20 of them on here on top my gcu making it $27.99 plus tax and then after I pick up the game within a week get my $20 in certificates I originally used back

Someone needs to make a thread on the BBY forums to get this cleared up. I would, but apparently BBY doesn't think I deserve this email. :bomb:

Officially, post-purchase price-matching can only be done within 15 days of the original purchase.
It's YMMV with post-purchase price matching. I'm a Best Buy Elite member and got Titanfall price-matched 28 days post launch with that sale they had last week. All in all, I ended up paying $23 for Titanfall when discount, price-match and reward zone was all factored in.

Going to run me half off I got certificates built up so I will apply $20 of them on here on top my gcu making it $27.99 plus tax and then after I pick up the game within a week get my $20 in certificates I originally used back
Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

For $48 plus $20 in gift certificates for day one, I'll bite. There's no multiplayer on it, so if I can beat it quickly, I'll trade it right back in towards Watchdogs which releases the following week. 

For $48 plus $20 in gift certificates for day one, I'll bite. There's no multiplayer on it, so if I can beat it quickly, I'll trade it right back in towards Watchdogs which releases the following week.
Plus you get another $10 back if you preordered WatchDogs...

It's YMMV with post-purchase price matching. I'm a Best Buy Elite member and got Titanfall price-matched 28 days post launch with that sale they had last week. All in all, I ended up paying $23 for Titanfall when discount, price-match and reward zone was all factored in.
Did they "price match" or return/rebuy? If the receipt doesn`t say price match you may see a -500 rz points show up on your account. Cashiers don`t always realize it`s not the same.

I'd like to know this as well. Anyone here have experience with pre-ordering games that come with physical pre-order extras and getting the item(s) when doing in-store pickup?
Honestly, about 60% of the time the store has no idea bout the "physical item" that is supposed to come with it. But generally, best to pick it up in store and just do a $5 pre-order for now.

Does anyone know if I reserve 2 copies if I will get 2 $20 certificates. I was going to pre-order a copy for a friends since this deal is insane for a day one release.
You will not. One per account.

A lot of us view the $20 back in Certificates as basically coming out of the total because we spend credit/certificates to buy these things and/or it effectively removes $20 from a future purchase which we know there will be. Not technically half off but a lot of us think like that for those reasons (I typically buy with credit so getting any sort of credit back is effectively saving me money long term).

i got this email for destiny as well.. i believe it was for ps4 version but it was just saying about the standard $10 certs..

Will Wolfenstein be $20?

just preordered instore, they didnt have any offical cards, but they were able to make one using the gaming computer. was also told that you will get also get the figure.

I hope this game is more arcade run and gun, and less get to cover and respawning enemies like the last Wolfenstein game.. (It felt like CoD with powers)

I hope this game is more arcade run and gun, and less get to cover and respawning enemies like the last Wolfenstein game.. (It felt like CoD with powers)
I really liked the last wolfenstein game (minus the stupid ending/boss battle). I thought the campaign was infinitely better then any COD.

You can dual-wield shotguns.

It's therefore already better than most of the CoD games, if not most every game.

Thanks for that link. That makes me confident enough to place my preorder now while I'm thinking about it instead of waiting for the site to update.
Ditto. I'm going to pre-order when I run by BBY after work. Last gameplay trailer looked pretty good and who doesn't like a game where you get to shoot tons of Nazis?

just preordered instore, they didnt have any offical cards, but they were able to make one using the gaming computer. was also told that you will get also get the figure.
Anyone know if they have Wolfenstein cards up for preorder? I suppose that its the only way you get the figure? I've learned my lesson with expecting preorder items from bb before.. they usually are very limited and not guaranteed.

I don't even know if that gaming computer is still at my store.

Thanks for the heads up, confirmed on the bb forums that the website will be updated to $20 bonus.  I was planning on day one for $48 & $10 bonus so this is a no brainer. Beat and dump for profit, sad what this series has become. RTCW was one of my favorite MP shooters.

Am I supposed to be registered to Best Buy's newsletter or was it targeted? I didn't get anything, regardless if this does so happen to come with a $20 Cert, I'll bite if only for the Doom beta.

Am I supposed to be registered to Best Buy's newsletter or was it targeted? I didn't get anything, regardless if this does so happen to come with a $20 Cert, I'll bite if only for the Doom beta.
It's going to be offered to all. Scroll down to related offers.. The mods there pointed to this in the thread questiong if it was a mistake or not on the $20.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484

Game + $20 bonus RZ + toy + 20% off MSRP

Did they say we can pre-order now or wait till it's updated first to get the 20$

Last edited:
All new PS3 games require a relatively new firmware right?  Even Portal 2 needed one.  I would like to get this deal but I only have a PS3 with firmware 3.15 that I don't want to update.

Thanks!

It's going to be offered to all. Scroll down to related offers.. The mods there pointed to this in the thread questiong if it was a mistake or not on the $20.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484

Game + $20 bonus RZ + toy + 20% off MSRP
I'm still curious if those who received the email are registered to a specific newsletter from BB. All I'm seeing is one for DOTD though.

Regardless thanks! Definitely didn't catch that link, guess I'm pre-ordering now.

Did they say we can pre-order now or wait till it's updated first to get the 20$
Quoted from Matt's post over at the BBY forums.

"All My Best Buy customers that pre-order are also eligible to receive $20 in certificates! This bonus is available to all My Best Buy customers, even if you placed your pre-order prior to this announcement."

All new PS3 games require a relatively new firmware right? Even Portal 2 needed one. I would like to get this deal but I only have a PS3 with firmware 3.15 that I don't want to update.

Thanks!
Is that the last firmware that could use OtherOS? I can't remember.

But to answer your question, yes, and seeing how 3.15 is from a few years back you can safely bet that any new games from 2010+ will require a higher firmware in order to play. If you really don't want to update, and don't mind buying a used console. Safest bet is to wait for a deal over at Cowboom or AWD and buy a Slim/Super-Slim PS3 for $100 or less.

So we have to go to a physical Best Buy if we want to receive the miniature? Or are we good if we place it online for in-store pickup?
in the past I have done in store pickup and picked up the freebie then. Last time was the Emmet lego figure with the lego movie game. I had to inform the lady at the register but she eventually found it in the back.

hows there shipping? i dont have a local store and last time I ordered a game they sent it ups/usps mail innovations and it took almost a week and a half. Ive never preordered a game until now from them.

bread's done
Back