pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
hows there shipping? i dont have a local store and last time I ordered a game they sent it ups/usps mail innovations and it took almost a week and a half. Ive never preordered a game until now from them.
Their free shipping is pretty good, at least recently. Sometimes they send it FedEx and sometimes it's UPS/USPS Mail Innovations. The last few times it has only taken 2-3 days after shipment to receive the game and I'm located in California. If you want it on release date with the free shipping, that's not guaranteed, although in some cases they have shipped my pre-orders out the Friday before and I did receive them on release date..

Do you guys think this will be better on :ps3: / :360: or :ps4: / :xb1:? It'd help to know which ones will be the "ports".
I'd say PS4 will likely be the best of the four as the PC version is the lead version and the PS4 is very PC-like in a lot of ways.
Didn't bother researching the last gen versions, but both PS4 and Xbox One will run at 1080p/60 fps if you care about that kind of stuff.

Source

Is that the last firmware that could use OtherOS? I can't remember.

But to answer your question, yes, and seeing how 3.15 is from a few years back you can safely bet that any new games from 2010+ will require a higher firmware in order to play. If you really don't want to update, and don't mind buying a used console. Safest bet is to wait for a deal over at Cowboom or AWD and buy a Slim/Super-Slim PS3 for $100 or less.
Thanks! I see a lot of eBay listings for firmware 3.55 or lower so I think that might the last OtherOS firmware. If I do a reformat with the included disk, I suppose it would require an internet connection that would update to the latest OS?

hows there shipping? i dont have a local store and last time I ordered a game they sent it ups/usps mail innovations and it took almost a week and a half. Ive never preordered a game until now from them.
i got conception 2 today in the mail, they shipped it ups mail innovations on friday

What's the figurine everyone talking about ? Can someone elaborate? Thanks.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/wolfenstein-the-new-order/pcmcat327500050002.c?id=pcmcat327500050002&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=Wolfenstein

panzerhound.jpg

i was picking this up with GCU and the $10 reward certs a extra ten and a little mini figure im in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would i be able to place a order for in store pick up and still get the figure?
if they still have some when you pick it up yes. My nearest best buy is 30 mins away and while I would like the figure since it free I am just doing shipping to home since I know I probably won't be able to pick the game up a few days and I don't want to risk going out my way and not get the figure just cause I didn't pick it up the first day. Cause with the $20 bonus I have a feeling alot more people going to preorder now that otherwise wouldn't of.

No brainer with the $20 cert and GCU. Play it quick, trade it back and probably have a few extra bucks to show for it, especially if there is a trade-in promo. Sold.

No brainer with the $20 cert and GCU. Play it quick, trade it back and probably have a few extra bucks to show for it, especially if there is a trade-in promo. Sold.
Wonder if you'll need the game to play the DOOM Beta. Would suck for soooo many people, lol.

so, with GCU, this is basically $48 + tax with a $20 RZ? I wasn't planning on buying it, but that got me to do so. Basically, "$30 out the door"

count me in. Thank you

Wow I wasn't even thinking about picking this game up, but GCU 20% off in addition to $20 worth of points makes this a no-brainer.

Thanks OP!

Cause PC pays $10 less.
As of right now it is $59.99 just like the console versions and will probably remain so as the MSRP. I guess I shouldn't be to surprised they also did the same thing with Titanfall and also South Park Stick of Truth if I remember correctly.

As of right now it is $59.99 just like the console versions and will probably remain so as the MSRP. I guess I shouldn't be to surprised they also did the same thing with Titanfall and also South Park Stick of Truth if I remember correctly.
Wow. Wasn't aware they actually have PC games that aren't $10+ less.

I've had pretty good luck with them tbh. Normally takes anywhere between 2-3 days for my online orders to arrive.

Thanks! I see a lot of eBay listings for firmware 3.55 or lower so I think that might the last OtherOS firmware. If I do a reformat with the included disk, I suppose it would require an internet connection that would update to the latest OS?
Did a quick search and it does seem that your 3.15 was the last version with OtherOS.

Most people advertising their console as 3.55 or below, are those that are looking to get a bit extra because those consoles can install CFW. That allows you to run homebrew, and yes, even games straight from your hard drive.

Formatting your hard drive shouldn't require you to install the latest firmware, however if you were to upgrade the hard drive, it might ask you to re-install the same firmware that your PS3 had before. But that would depend on which fat model you have.

Basically the 256MB NAND versions do -not- require you to re-install the firmware, while the 16MB versions do, since parts of the firmware are stored on the console itself.

Here's a list in case you want to know which one your PS3 has.

* PS3 Fat:
*CECHA = 256MB
*CECHB = 256MB
*CECHC = 256MB
*CECHE = 256MB
*CECHG = 256MB
*CECHH = 16MB
*CECHJ = 16MB
*CECHK = 16MB
*CECHL = 16MB
*CECHM = 16MB
*CECHP = 16MB
*CECHQ = 16MB

* PS3 Slim:
*CECH-20..A = 16MB
*CECH-20..B = 16MB
*CECH-21..A = 16MB
*CECH-21..B = 16MB
*CECH-250.A = 16MB
*CECH-250.B = 16MB
*CECH-250.A = 16MB
*CECH-250.B = 16MB
*CECH-251.A = 16MB
*CECH-251.B = 16MB

Anyhow, I've gotten WAY offtopic here haha. I really do recommend you just get a cheap PS3 down the road to play all the latest games. There have been tons of great deals on them. Just recently Cowboom had a few 320GB PS3 Slims for around $100 + tax.

[quote name="euphoriapt" post="11693262" timestamp="1397645486"]if i return the game a week later do i keep the 20$rewards??? Or is better sell it on ebay ??[/quote] there's an even better way. Just don't even buy the game and go to the register and ask them for $20. Works every time

Does Bestbuy still off the $44 trade in with GCU if it's close to launch? If they do, then it would end up being like a $12 profit for buying this game, beating it really quick, and trading in within a few days.

in the past I have done in store pickup and picked up the freebie then. Last time was the Emmet lego figure with the lego movie game. I had to inform the lady at the register but she eventually found it in the bac
Consider yourself lucky. I don't think I have ever received a preorder item. The workers don't even know about it usually.

Did they just put it aside along with your ready for pickup order or did you have to make a big stink?

If you preorder online for in-store pick up, then yes.

Message 5 in this thread (http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-DOOM-Beta-Pre-Order-Bonus-FAQ/td-p/802418) has the official confirmation.
I never preorder anything from BB before despite being GCU. So I preorder online for instore pick up with my GCU account loggin. Do I pay 5 dollars and pay the rest at pick. Pick up my games and bonuses then wait for the 1000 points to show up on my rewards account?

Consider yourself lucky. I don't think I have ever received a preorder item. The workers don't even know about it usually.

Did they just put it aside along with your ready for pickup order or did you have to make a big stink?
I forget what the item was but my best buy had a bonus item with dishonored I didn't know about and they gave it to me no questions asked. It was already at the register and everything.

I never preorder anything from BB before despite being GCU. So I preorder online for instore pick up with my GCU account loggin. Do I pay 5 dollars and pay the rest at pick. Pick up my games and bonuses then wait for the 1000 points to show up on my rewards account?
If you pre-order online, make sure you're logged in, and make sure the price shows the GCU 20% discount before you check out (otherwise, it means you're not logged in properly).

If you pay with gift cards, then it takes the full amount immediately (if you cancel the order later, the funds go back to the gift card). If you pay with credit/debit, then you don't get charged until the order is ready BUT they will make recurring charges on your card to make sure you still have enough to pay. Some people don't like that, for whatever reason. I think the only time you pay $5 is if you do a pre-order in the store itself.

The $20 cert/1000 points should show up in your account after 2 weeks from the day you pick up the game.

When I preordered online, they charged me for the full amount on each game and held the money up for 3-5 days on my Debt card. Even though none of the games came out until Nov/Dec 2014.

When I preordered online, they charged me for the full amount on each game and held the money up for 3-5 days on my Debt card. Even though none of the games came out until Nov/Dec 2014.
Yup, those are recurring checks to make sure you have enough money to pay for the game when it does come out. It shows up periodically, but then drops off. Once they fulfill the order, then the final charge hits your card.

Yup, those are recurring checks to make sure you have enough money to pay for the game when it does come out. It shows up periodically, but then drops off. Once they fulfill the order, then the final charge hits your card.
Well, I guess I'll cancel my online pre-order and just put $5 down in store. I don't like seeing charges on my card that I'm not aware of.

It's hard to say no to a PS4 game at launch for $30, less if that figure/Doom Beta code is worth something on the secondary market. Just pre-ordered online for store pickup.

It's hard to say no to a PS4 game at launch for $30, less if that figure/Doom Beta code is worth something on the secondary market. Just pre-ordered online for store pickup.
It's also becoming much rarer these days to find FPS games which actually have substantial offline, single-player modes. And some FPS games like Titanfall come with only online modes, no offline play at all, so I'm glad to support this kind of game. Also the weapons look awesome!

I ordered this also for in-store pickup, hope to get the little lion figure as well, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't.

I've noticed the last few months that they stopped doing recurring charges. There is just the one time autho for 3-5 days and then you get charged the full amount a few days before release. Not sure if it's just my credit card company or if BB has actually changed.

Can someone link the  Best Buy forum thread confirmed the $20 bonus

Thanks

The way he words it in that thread could almost mean that all the $10 giftcards well be upgraded to $20 Giftcards.

I'm not going to hold my breath though

The way he words it in that thread could almost mean that all the $10 giftcards well be upgraded to $20 Giftcards.

I'm not going to hold my breath though
I certainly didn't read that..

Anyway, I'm glad this got upgraded and I hope that the amount of pre-orders shot right up. Give them a statistic to look at when considering offering more for other games.

I certainly didn't read that..

Anyway, I'm glad this got upgraded and I hope that the amount of pre-orders shot right up. Give them a statistic to look at when considering offering more for other games.
Well he doesn't explicitly state that it is happening...

But the way it's worded and the fact that he links to the promotion page describing the $10 pre order gift card promotion under the "$20 in rewards certificates" headline on the OP lead me to believe that this *MIGHT* be a change in the whole promotion.

bread's done
Back