Preorder: Beatmania Bundle (US) $49.99 Ebgames

IIDX and popnmusic the pinnacle of beat games. If it was viable Drummania would be king everywhere. I'm suprised people are complaining about the price of 59 for the game and the controller lol.

Hell I paid $110 at hypergame action when the controllers first came out to import from Japan. Funny thing is I didnt even have a japanese PS2 or a mod chip at the time.

Hmm, wonder if it's gonna go up any more? I'm glad that I jumped in for the $50 price. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the IIDX controller.

I can't believe it got delayed again. I didn't think it should take so long since the imports appeared to be almost all in English (don't have IIDX but I have every other Bemani series and they are all primarily in English).

They also removed the standalone game from the site, I guess they will only be selling it as a bundle.

I just wonder if ebgames.com will still honor these since field changes start taking place at an in-store level in Feb. I wonder if the online store for EB will stay open past that. If not, hopefully for everyone that pre-ordered, the GS online store will honor what you've already got pre-ordered.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I can't believe it got delayed again. I didn't think it should take so long since the imports appeared to be almost all in English (don't have IIDX but I have every other Bemani series and they are all primarily in English).
[/QUOTE]
Aside from a menu choice here and there, they are all in english.
My guess for the delays is that they're working on the learning curve more than anything. Konami said several years back that the US would never see Beatmania/IIDX due to the intense learning curve that most American gamers wouldn't be willing to stick with.

I definetly understand why Konami would think that. I only have 5 Key at home, and even that seems difficult. I can't imagine how impossible it must be with 2 extra keys

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I definetly understand why Konami would think that. I only have 5 Key at home, and even that seems difficult. I can't imagine how impossible it must be with 2 extra keys[/QUOTE]
5 key is more difficult. It has no Beginner mode. Don't worry.

$50 may be normal MSRP on the bundle. If Konami does what they did on the European PSOne release of Beatmania, they will package the game and a reduced cost controller for the same cost as a typical A-list game. I believe the Beatmania bundle was around 30 pounds at release in the UK.

[quote name='paean']How much is the single and dual controller sell for? They look nice![/QUOTE]

$225 for the single and $420 for the double!

:eek:

I imported this game for Wonderswan with the little scratch pad clip on and I can't really figure out the game controls or the game is just really, really hard. Any one know where I can find an English translation of the Wonderswan Beatmania instruction book?

Try this: _http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/file/beatmania_pocket.txt_

Copy and paste and delte the _ at the beginning and end because you can't directly link to the FAQ

Americans are sad. They suck with these types of games. DDR is the worst of Bemani, dont know why they chose to bring that crap in America.

[quote name='gopro']Americans are sad. They suck with these types of games. DDR is the worst of Bemani, dont know why they chose to bring that crap in America.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it's fun.

Yeah, that was a really horrible idea to bring DDR to the US. It has only sold millions of copies and helped expand the gaming market. I'm sure Konami is really beating themselves up over that...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Try this: _http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/file/beatmania_pocket.txt_

Copy and paste and delte the _ at the beginning and end because you can't directly link to the FAQ[/QUOTE]

Yah, I found that myself, it doesn't have a lot of tips on play, just the diagram and a song list. I think I understand the controls, really, the songs are just way to fast for me, and I have no idea what the Japanese text flashing at the bottom of the screen during the songs says or if it's part of the game.

Maybe this is gonna lead to US versions of Pop 'n Music, Drummania, and Para Para Paradise? Oh yeah, and Guitar Freaks?

Hmm, probably not...darn it.

[quote name='gopro']Americans are sad. They suck with these types of games. DDR is the worst of Bemani, dont know why they chose to bring that crap in America.[/QUOTE]

Go to hell and take your trolling elsewhere.

I thought Konami couldn't release Drummania in the US due to patent issues (something about that stupid MTV Drumscape "Game" and electronic drum technology). I remember OPM said that years ago and some other source did as well. I question it though because Taiko was released here and that was an electronic drum set.

Figuring it will never be released here, I did pick up the official Konami Drumbase and 1st Mix off Ebay about a year ago for I think $42 with shipping but I still need a stand, drum sticks and a pedal. I'll probably just go to a music store and try to get the stuff as cheap as possible.

I don't think we'll see Para Para Paradise or Pop N Music either. If Konami was hesistant to bring over Beatmania because of the difficulty, I can't see them bring over Pop N Music. Didn't Para Para kind of die out too? I didn't find it that fun, kind of lost interest after a few weeks.

Konami really seemed stupid not to release Guitar Freaks here (other than in arcades). Everyone sees how well Guitar Hero is doing and I think Guitar Freaks could have sold just as well.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't think we'll see Para Para Paradise or Pop N Music either. If Konami was hesistant to bring over Beatmania because of the difficulty, I can't see them bring over Pop N Music. Didn't Para Para kind of die out too? I didn't find it that fun, kind of lost interest after a few weeks.

Konami really seemed stupid not to release Guitar Freaks here (other than in arcades). Everyone sees how well Guitar Hero is doing and I think Guitar Freaks could have sold just as well.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt we'll see Para Para or Pop'n. Para Para died a quick death in Japan (one home version and ~2 arcade versions), and Pop'n would be a real tough sell without the arcade presence. It's built for 9 huge buttons, and the home version just tries to approximate it.

As for Guitar Freaks, I can absolutely see it happening. GH is doing well, and so there are controllers out there.

[quote name='bojay1997']$50 may be normal MSRP on the bundle. If Konami does what they did on the European PSOne release of Beatmania, they will package the game and a reduced cost controller for the same cost as a typical A-list game. I believe the Beatmania bundle was around 30 pounds at release in the UK.[/QUOTE]
i have that PAL Beatmania bundle right next to me. the only way i could play it was if i set the v-positioning on my Commodore 64 monitor just right. now i don't have the monitor so the whole thing is useless to me. if someone's interested, LMK. everything should be in perfect condition, except the case for the game. i recieved it cracked and broken but i put the game disc inside a slim cd case for safe keeping.

THey bring DDR becuase thats the only game Americans can play. Para Para sucks, Pop'n Music is not bad but the 9 buttons scheme holds it back, Drummania owns, Guitar Freaks Owns, Beatmania is best. DDR is the worst.

How am I trolling? This topic is about Beatmania not DDR, im expressing my opinion about how generic Konami is for bringing a crappy game to America. Then finally after a millenium bring Beatmania to the US when PS3 is about to come out. DDR is for Chumps.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yeah, that was a really horrible idea to bring DDR to the US. It has only sold millions of copies and helped expand the gaming market. I'm sure Konami is really beating themselves up over that...[/QUOTE]

If they decided to bring Beatmania or Guitar Freaks it wouldve tripled instead of crappy DDR, as I said Americans are sad. "expand the gaming market", yup americans cant think of anything themselves.

[quote name='gopro']THey bring DDR becuase thats the only game Americans can play. Para Para sucks, Pop'n Music is not bad but the 9 buttons scheme holds it back, Drummania owns, Guitar Freaks Owns, Beatmania is best. DDR is the worst.

How am I trolling? This topic is about Beatmania not DDR, im expressing my opinion about how generic Konami is for bringing a crappy game to America. Then finally after a millenium bring Beatmania to the US when PS3 is about to come out. DDR is for Chumps.[/QUOTE]

So how is this America's fault? You know, since we all sucks so much.

Why are you comparing DDR to Beatmania? They're two completely different games. Might as well bash Pump and ITG while you're at it.

i've really picked up a snobby vibe from a lot of leet rhythm gamers, like because they play the hardest rhythm games, all others suck. or that because Guitar Hero was made over here in the US it's simpleton crap.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Is $49.99 MSRP? Because Target is showing it for $49.99 as well...
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-7912211-7391860?asin=B000CC39J0[/QUOTE]I'd be very surprised if that was the case considering the game comes bundled with what is supposed to be an improved version of a controller that'll cost you about $90 to import. But if it is that low, it means Konami is confident they can get enough controllers out there to make future releases viable, which is very good news.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i've really picked up a snobby vibe from a lot of leet rhythm gamers, like because they play the hardest rhythm games, all others suck. or that because Guitar Hero was made over here in the US it's simpleton crap.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but they're easy to ignore. And you'll find that kind of attitude among fans of any niche genre, especially the ones that feature tournaments and competitions (fighters, shooters, rhythm action).

I don't think I'm ready to invest $50 into a game that's labeled as very difficult. I don't think I have the time to practice as much as I'd want to. Maybe they'll become a Taiko. (Dropped price kinda quickly...)

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i've really picked up a snobby vibe from a lot of leet rhythm gamers, like because they play the hardest rhythm games, all others suck. or that because Guitar Hero was made over here in the US it's simpleton crap.[/QUOTE]
Please don't judge us by our worst. I know there are quite a few (vocal) members of the community who are unquestionable assholes, but the majority aren't, and encourage new players.

[quote name='Rig']I don't think I'm ready to invest $50 into a game that's labeled as very difficult. I don't think I have the time to practice as much as I'd want to.[/QUOTE]
It GETS difficult, but there's a Beginner mode that's roughly equivalent to DDR's Light mode. Every song is brought down to the 1-3 star level, so nothing's too tough. I mean, still tough for a beginner, but if you take out the 1s first, then the 2s, and so on, you'll be fine.

I just want Dance Freaks in home format. I love that game, and there's only one arcade I know of that still has it. I used to play it at a mall in my hometown and get stares all the time.

Too bad that's probably not possible for a home conversion, unless the controller can be made cheap, and they sell it a la Steel Battallion...

Bring on more Bemani, I say.

[quote name='Strell']I just want Dance Freaks in home format. I love that game, and there's only one arcade I know of that still has it. I used to play it at a mall in my hometown and get stares all the time.

Too bad that's probably not possible for a home conversion, unless the controller can be made cheap, and they sell it a la Steel Battallion...

Bring on more Bemani, I say.[/QUOTE]

Dance Freaks is fun. I have only played it twice in the arcades because there is no Bemani in my area (and hardly any arcades) but I liked it because it was different.

I don't think there will ever be a home version of it because of the cost and the series is dead (there were only 2 or 3 arcade versions). But then again Konami did bring out Para Para Paradise and Keyboard Mania to PS2 both of which also had only 3 versions so you never know.

[quote name='mkelehan']Please don't judge us by our worst. I know there are quite a few (vocal) members of the community who are unquestionable assholes, but the majority aren't, and encourage new players.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that there are always those people who hate all that is mainstream, and love all that isn't. I guess they think that being an "outsider" makes them "cooler" than everyone else *rolls eyes*.

[quote name='abhinav']And is this game realy hard? i mean Devil may cry/ ninja gaiden "want to kill you because it is so hard" hard? If so i am gonna pass....[/QUOTE]
Again, I have to stress that there are 4 levels of difficulty, just like GH. Be sure to start on Beginner, and you'll do fine. I really hope people don't fault this game because the hardest level is, indeed, very hard. It's damn well supposed to be.

People can also start on 5 key, since the US version includes both modes (and supposedly not just the 5 key mode in IIDX where 2 keys are played by the computer). 1 Star 5 Key songs are very easy to get used to the game.

[quote name='mkelehan']Again, I have to stress that there are 4 levels of difficulty, just like GH. Be sure to start on Beginner, and you'll do fine. I really hope people don't fault this game because the hardest level is, indeed, very hard. It's damn well supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

In my post above, I wasn't going to shun the game because of its difficulty. Rather, I would've felt bad if I bought it and didn't give it proper playtime. Similar to Guitar Hero, I haven't really got to sit down and play as much as I want to, and my skills aren't that great. Hard difficulty games are well and good for me, if I get the time to practice them!

(That said, I still want to pay less than $50 for this...)

[quote name='Rig']In my post above, I wasn't going to shun the game because of its difficulty. Rather, I would've felt bad if I bought it and didn't give it proper playtime. Similar to Guitar Hero, I haven't really got to sit down and play as much as I want to, and my skills aren't that great. Hard difficulty games are well and good for me, if I get the time to practice them!

(That said, I still want to pay less than $50 for this...)[/QUOTE]
And my point is, even if you only play a few songs a day, a couple days a week, you'll still have a good time. And if you like it, you'll probably play more than that, and have a GREAT time.

I do wish you luck in ever finding it under $50. If you preorder it now and end up not liking it, though, you'll definitely be able to eBay it for a tiny profit. Free rental. Because of that, I encourage all CAGs who've ever enjoyed a music game to give this game a shot.

[quote name='mkelehan']And my point is, even if you only play a few songs a day, a couple days a week, you'll still have a good time. And if you like it, you'll probably play more than that, and have a GREAT time.

I do wish you luck in ever finding it under $50. If you preorder it now and end up not liking it, though, you'll definitely be able to eBay it for a tiny profit. Free rental. Because of that, I encourage all CAGs who've ever enjoyed a music game to give this game a shot.[/QUOTE]

:lol: All right. You convinced me. Getting ready to preorder!

EDIT: Wish it was still $49.99 at EB...since I have $11 on a gift card. Oh well. Is BB B&M going to get this?

[quote name='Rig']:lol: All right. You convinced me. Getting ready to preorder![/QUOTE]
*applause*

Anyone else have reservations about it they want to discuss? :)

bread's done
Back