Preorder: Beatmania Bundle (US) $49.99 Ebgames

I agree, para para paradise should never have been created... atrocity

anyway I would recommend AGAINST playing 5 key mode. When you switch to 7 Key it's almost like learning all over again. I recommend easy mode on 7 key or light 7 for beginners.

It has been over 5 years since I first tried IIDX in the arcade and coming from complete mix it was practically like starting over.

[quote name='Zoglog']I agree, para para paradise should never have been created... atrocity

anyway I would recommend AGAINST playing 5 key mode. When you switch to 7 Key it's almost like learning all over again. I recommend easy mode on 7 key or light 7 for beginners.

It has been over 5 years since I first tried IIDX in the arcade and coming from complete mix it was practically like starting over.[/QUOTE]

very true of what Zoglog says. Coming from playing from 5 keys also. Im going to buy the bundle so i can have a 2nd controller so i can play doubles. Learning 7 keys takes awhile because of the huge learning curve.

Great, I'll be picking up a bundle soon. So much for the old days of paying $60 per import game and ~$100 for an import controller! :applause:

Even if the US game lacks the challenge of the JP IIDX games, it's worth it for the controller if it's a good one. But yeah... most people haven't been playing for over a year as well.

[quote name='BarrettSan']Even if the US game lacks the challenge of the JP IIDX games, it's worth it for the controller if it's a good one. But yeah... most people haven't been playing for over a year as well.[/QUOTE]
It's got V Another. That's as hard as the game gets. AA Another is arguably harder... but that's in IIDX RED, which isn't out even on the Japanese PS2 yet.

Two PS2 Styles came out in the last year, one as recently as late November. I think it's safe to say many have been playing in the past year. At least 20,000 of us.

[quote name='almasy82']Hey people use the target 10% code :) TCFURNEV :) I ordered 2 for $101 shipped :)[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info... I ordered one for $52 shipped (there was $2.99 shipping and $3.96 tax).

btw, someone really needs to update the OP...

[quote name='almasy82']Hey people use the target 10% code :) TCFURNEV :) I ordered 2 for $101 shipped :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you can actually buy just the game for $39.99 at Target. Isn't it pointless without the controller?

Does Target charge you right away when you do a preorder? Couldn't find anything on the site that says they don't charge until they actually ship.

[quote name='Sway']Hmm, you can actually buy just the game for $39.99 at Target. Isn't it pointless without the controller?[/QUOTE]

Not for someone who has a controller already.

[quote name='Sway']Just ordered 2 copies at Newegg since the Target code doesn't even offset the shipping for me:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16879248003

It'll probably end up like Guitar Hero where they won't have any copies till now (I guess a couple months after release) but I guess I can wait.[/QUOTE]

thanks sway. i just ordered. i ordered guitar hero before but i cancelled it. i thought they wont be restocking so i bought it from bestbuy. now this time im gonna wait for newegg.

you wont get it for that price I work at ebgames and the starting prices on all games are estimates they say this on the website and they are subject to change

[quote name='jay52886']you wont get it for that price I work at ebgames and the starting prices on all games are estimates they say this on the website and they are subject to change[/QUOTE]

Well, EBGames.com did honor the GH price when it was $50.

2P's controller doesn't look identical to 1P's. Do I have to wait until Konami releases 2P controller or can I just buy two bundles??

I canceled my order after seeing the mediocre reviews. I'm going to wait for it to drop to dirt cheap prices (like Taiko Drum Master) before buying it.

[quote name='andersontsia']2P's controller doesn't look identical to 1P's. Do I have to wait until Konami releases 2P controller or can I just buy two bundles??[/QUOTE]

I saw somewhere that you can take the key side and turn it upside down so you can set up 2 controllers to mimic the arcade machine.

[quote name='andersontsia']2P's controller doesn't look identical to 1P's. Do I have to wait until Konami releases 2P controller or can I just buy two bundles??[/QUOTE]

On the bottom of the controller is a button that will eject the panel containing the keys. Flip it around and re-insert. Boom! You have a 2P controller. =)

The reviews you're going to see for this game will vary widely, and will probably depend entirely on how much the reviewer 1) truly enjoys music games and 2) will put up with a steep difficulty curve, and deal with the fact that they WILL fail easy songs repeatedly while attempting to learn to play the game. Don't let the scores tell you how much you'll like it. If those 2 criteria apply to you, you will enjoy this game. If they don't, you probably won't.

I ordered on Wal-Mart because of their return policy. If the controller looks like crap or it doesn't even come with a controller after all, then I can return it in store. With Target.com, you have to mail it back to them, which is a PITA.

I can't believe it's $50 for the game and a controller. I remember paying around $110 for just the IIDX controller ages ago. I hope this thing isn't crap.

According to discussions on bemanistyle.com, it's the same as the Japanese controller, except for two differences:

1) Instead of the controller being rectangular, the turntable end is rounded.
2) The keys are now spring-loaded and don't have a tendency to stick, like the keys on the Japanese controllers.

25 5-key songs
25 7-Key.
7-Key Another needs to be unlocked.

That seems to be the main gripe. Hopefully future versions won't feel a need to dumb it down.

I'm excited about this game. I am only ordering one since I am unsure if the girlfriend would like it or not. Glad to hear that the controller seems to be that of high quality.

I called customer service today to make sure my preorder would still ship even though all the old EB accounts were killed in the conversion. He assured me all preorders were still valid.

is the $53 shipped those of us who preordered early got roughly the best deal around? i think i saw something like $47 or so something shipped on amazon or newegg, but it wasn't specific as to whether the controller was included. $6 isn't enough to switch my preorder since i got in pretty early, but for a second controller i'd order another, if these accounts of how expensive the controller is are true.

Mine just got charged today for about $56, should ship today. Might take a while since I chose the cheapeset shipping. Maybe I'll buy it at EB tomorrow and return the one I get to EB once it comes in, yeah I know I can't stand to wait a couple of days (possibly the weekend) for my game.

A heads up, this isnt getting too great reviews... while i wouldnt judge the game just on the scores, it's usualy somthing to look out for.

[quote name='abhinav']A heads up, this isnt getting too great reviews... while i wouldnt judge the game just on the scores, it's usualy somthing to look out for.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about reviews. This is a game that if you think you'll like, you will, and if you're paid to play every game regardless of whether or not you think you'll like it, you won't.

Anyone see a songlist yet? I'm going to pick this up as soon as I see it instore somewher, I used to play all the time at the local minigolf place.

Copied from Bemanistyle (you have to register to view the boards or else I would have linked), I can't believe they left out the Metal Gear Remix :(

20.November(single mix)
321 Stars
Attack the Music
Battle Freaks
Do you love me?
e-motion
First Day
GENOM SCREAMS
HUNTING FOR YOU
jam jam reggae
LaBossanova de Fabienne
Lift Me Up
LOVE SO GROOVY
Manmachine plays Jazz ~MIO2~(not too sure about that last part between the ~)
OVERLBAST
PARANOiA MAX ~dirty mix~
s.d.z.
SKA a go go
Stop Violence!
The Way You Move
Toxic
tribe groove
u gotta groove
Virtual Insanity
You really Got Me

7key

Celebrations
Funkytown
BAD BOY BASS!!
Attitude
Colors(radio edit)
Dancin Into The Night
Digital MinD
e-motion
era(nostalmix)
First Day
fly through the night
g.m.d.
GENOM SCREAMS
Holic
I Was The One
in my eyes
jelly kiss
lift me up
LOVE IS DREAMINESS
M-02stp.ver1.01
Mobo*Moga
Mr.T.
MUSIC TO YOUR HEAD
NEMESIS
Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us
OUTER LIMITS
PARANOiA MAX ~dirty mix~
Presto
SNOW
Spin the disc
Summer Vacation
The Cube
THE SHINING POLARIS
The Way You Move
Toxic
V
Virtual Insanity
Voltage
You Really Got Me

Weird, first it went from "Unshipped" to "Processing" and then to "Usually ships in 24 hours" and it's still in the "Unshipped" items.

Meh, looks like I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow at EB or GS.

That controller looks awesome. I have an import IIDX controller that I paid $90 USED for... and I had to mod it when I got it.... BAH!

Anyone who's interested in music games and willing to put some work in at the beginning will find this one rewarding. I've played for a couple of years now. Plus, if you support this game, some of the more awesome Techno/Trance tracks might make it over here too.

Songlist looks cool. I'm surprised it doesn't have the basics like popcorn and that one other song I swear I always play on all mixes I've ran across in the arcades. There's usually a whole bunch of unlockable songs right? That list just seems short to me.

I'm still waiting to see if Target is going to ship mine that I ordered. It's not on their website any more and the order status still says it will ship out around March 7th :/

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Copied from Bemanistyle (you have to register to view the boards or else I would have linked), I can't believe they left out the Metal Gear Remix :(

20.November(single mix)
321 Stars
Attack the Music
Battle Freaks
Do you love me?
e-motion
First Day
GENOM SCREAMS
HUNTING FOR YOU
jam jam reggae
LaBossanova de Fabienne
Lift Me Up
LOVE SO GROOVY
Manmachine plays Jazz ~MIO2~(not too sure about that last part between the ~)
OVERLBAST
PARANOiA MAX ~dirty mix~
s.d.z.
SKA a go go
Stop Violence!
The Way You Move
Toxic
tribe groove
u gotta groove
Virtual Insanity
You really Got Me

7key

Celebrations
Funkytown
BAD BOY BASS!!
Attitude
Colors(radio edit)
Dancin Into The Night
Digital MinD
e-motion
era(nostalmix)
First Day
fly through the night
g.m.d.
GENOM SCREAMS
Holic
I Was The One
in my eyes
jelly kiss
lift me up
LOVE IS DREAMINESS
M-02stp.ver1.01
Mobo*Moga
Mr.T.
MUSIC TO YOUR HEAD
NEMESIS
Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us
OUTER LIMITS
PARANOiA MAX ~dirty mix~
Presto
SNOW
Spin the disc
Summer Vacation
The Cube
THE SHINING POLARIS
The Way You Move
Toxic
V
Virtual Insanity
Voltage
You Really Got Me[/QUOTE]

I have the game (TRU for $60) and I could have sworn there is a Metal Gear Solid song in there. Not sure if it was a "remix" or not, but it was there. And I don't see it in the list.

Ok good, that is one of my favorite songs from Beatmania and I only have it on append disc that came with 2nd mix (in other words, it's a pain in the neck to access because you have to load 2nd mix, open up the disc tray and then load the append), so I look forward to playing it without all that trouble.

I was also hoping to see the Dancemania songs from Beatmania 5th mix (Do It All Night by E-Rotic, The Race By Captain Jack, Operator by Papaya) but I wasn't expecting those since US Bemani games until recently never seem to get Dancemania songs.

bread's done
Back