Preorder Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, get 8-bit Simon Belmont figure!

Ok this is what is confirmed so far:

RoB 2.5D

- American Voices
- A whole new level
- new elements and cut scenes
- Remixed music

RoB (Unlockable)

- German intro is kept, unsure on american voices
- Pretty much a straight port

Sotn (UInlockable)

- Maria IS a playable character while being redesigned and features new attacks and specials
- New Voice acting and New script
- The second fairy/demon familiar from Japan version is included
- possible more familiars, weapons, armor, spells included

BOSS RUSH MODE (unlockable)

- Is unclear which game its used for or if all games will have it.
- 2 PLAYER MODE (infrostructure or ad-hoc or both...not certain)

RUMORED 4th GAME (unlockable)

- Was confirmed by a VERY VERY close source to konami (he was spot on with his early released details of PoR for DS...and ironically goes by the name PoR as his alias)
- Rumored to be Dracula X from snes (American version)

LEVEL X (unlockable)

- Level X glitch included from the original RoB
- Was originally accessable if the user loaded the wrong boot

Im sure IGA has other surprises in store for us (ingame surprises or maybe a photo/music/video/history gallery like other collections for psp)

[quote name='kosmos13x']Ok this is what is confirmed so far:

- Was confirmed by a VERY VERY close source to konami (he was spot on with his early released details of PoR for DS...and ironically goes by the name PoR as his alias)
- Rumored to be Dracula X from snes (American version)[/quote]
Quick question then, is Dracula X different from RoB? It would be amazing to have three separate CV games on one disk.

The SNES game is actually called Dracula XX and it's like 50-75% different than Rondo of Blood... Many of the same settings, but it plays differently (worse), lacks Maria as a playable character, etc..

[quote name='eastx']The SNES game is actually called Dracula XX and it's like 50-75% different than Rondo of Blood... Many of the same settings, but it plays differently (worse), lacks Maria as a playable character, etc..[/QUOTE]

Be honest ... it looks and plays like shit compared to the original RoB :)

[quote name='eastx']The SNES game is actually called Dracula XX and it's like 50-75% different than Rondo of Blood... Many of the same settings, but it plays differently (worse), lacks Maria as a playable character, etc..[/quote]

No the US version is called Dracula X. You are thinking of Akumajo Dracula XX which is the japanese version of Dracula X (This was bc the japanese version of castlevania IV was often times refered to as Akumajo Dracula X)

For the snes version...its not all that bad as people make it out to be. Yes it was based on RoB with significant changes, but offered a different view of the game and was actually a lot more challenging than RoB by an long shot. It's still a great game.

Whoops, got the name wrong. But the core gameplay was kind of messed up in XX. You don't get the brief invincibility after getting hit that other Castlevanias (& the original Dracula X) give you.

Hmmm, is this still on track for October 23? I thought I had seen that it got bumped to mid-November.

If it's on for October, what a month for handheld gaming. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden: DS, Phoenix Wright 3, and Castlevania. Yowsa.

[quote name='daroga']Hmmm, is this still on track for October 23? I thought I had seen that it got bumped to mid-November.

If it's on for October, what a month for handheld gaming. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden: DS, Phoenix Wright 3, and Castlevania. Yowsa.[/quote]

Basically yeah its still coming out oct 23 (stores release on the 24th for shipping day most likely). For about a week or so gamestop (famous for making up dates out of their asses) bumped it from oct 29th to nov 13th (which is my bday :p) and then back down to oct 23 (probably when they got official word that it will be this day).

On the official DXC site it lists the game release as OCT 2007 for further confirmation.

[quote name='badboysean']That figure looks terrible, I guess its a cool idea though.[/quote]

I agree with your point. The idea of the 8-bit figure was pretty creative but the execution of the actual mold turned out meh. Hey...its free though so cant complain :p

[quote name='kcwhite']I just checked EB and GS neither mention the bonus with pre-order. Any idea where to get this figure?[/quote]

Gamestop/EB and Gamecrazy are confirmed to be getting this preorder. To my knowledge it has not been officially announced to the public yet, but the leaked promo poster is out and there are gamestop/eb and gamecrazy managers who confirmed of being notified about the deal. My guess is that they will promote the game instores soon with the preorder special since we are about 40 days away from release.

Preordered today. What really stinks, is that I made a bid on the original version on ebay and got stuck buying it. I also tried to preorder Neo Battle Colliseum and KOFXI bought they are still not in the computer. Those games have limited release written all over them.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Preordered today. What really stinks, is that I made a bid on the original version on ebay and got stuck buying it. I also tried to preorder Neo Battle Colliseum and KOFXI bought they are still not in the computer. Those games have limited release written all over them.[/quote]

You could always put it back on ebay for a little more = profit :p

I didn't see this mentioned yet and figured I would just throw it in this thread. Gamestop's website (along with EB) have broken their front psp page castlevania links but if you click on the coming soon tab you will get this.......

www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B190427A

*edit* my link keeps dissappearing, not sure why. Just check out their page for more info I guess.

[quote name='LoneGhost']I didn't see this mentioned yet and figured I would just throw it in this thread. Gamestop's website (along with EB) have broken their front psp page castlevania links but if you click on the coming soon tab you will get this.......

www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B190427A[/QUOTE]
Whoops, forgot to post about this yesterday when it went up. Got my order in!

[quote name='kosmos13x']Ok this is what is confirmed so far:

- Rumored to be Dracula X from snes (American version)

LEVEL X (unlockable)

- Level X glitch included from the original RoB
- Was originally accessable if the user loaded the wrong boot

Im sure IGA has other surprises in store for us (ingame surprises or maybe a photo/music/video/history gallery like other collections for psp)

[/QUOTE]

This information is false... Regarding the 4th game... The 4th game IS Dracula PEKE aka the Level X glitch from the wrong boot card... The SNES one is nowhere to be found....

PoR never mentioned the SNES one at all... the one she was talking about was PEKE...

i preordered it at gamecrazy last week, is it still confirmed that they will be getting the preorder bonus as well? they did not mention it at all when i preordered it

[quote name='MarkMan']This information is false... Regarding the 4th game... The 4th game IS Dracula PEKE aka the Level X glitch from the wrong boot card... The SNES one is nowhere to be found....

PoR never mentioned the SNES one at all... the one she was talking about was PEKE...[/quote]

actually originally PoR stated that there was a hidden 4th game but wouldnt say what it is...now she confirms that its PEKE...now ask urself would u consider a 30 second glitch to be a full 4th hidden game?

Along the course either IGA scratched the 4th game or PoR overhyped and mislabeled PEKE as a forth game..which is pretty much a lie. Also nobody stated that it was going to be a snes game...just a guess based on the games already included.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Looks like it's different from the Comic-Con figure... Now it's the Castlevania II: Simon's Quest figure.[/quote]

yeah i saw that....and its pretty fugly IMO...I did kinda like the cv1 Simon (with the lvl 1 background on the box...now we get a black piece of pixel blob lol.

[quote name='kosmos13x']actually originally PoR stated that there was a hidden 4th game but wouldnt say what it is...now she confirms that its PEKE...now ask urself would u consider a 30 second glitch to be a full 4th hidden game?

Along the course either IGA scratched the 4th game or PoR overhyped and mislabeled PEKE as a forth game..which is pretty much a lie. Also nobody stated that it was going to be a snes game...just a guess based on the games already included.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what PoR was talking about, and she also told me in fact it WAS PEKE... At the time though no one knew what PEKE was, it wasn't until a month or so later that it was revealed PEKE was the boot error minigame.

Remember PoR and other journalists(myself included) get access to the game months in advance. In this case(my version has this as well) there was already unlocked games on the pre build UMD... SOTN, original rondo, and a grayed out text of an unplayable Castlevania PEKE...

Man, I got my figure yesterday at work (GameStop), and I was REALLY dissapointed. I thought it was going to be a keychain figure, but no, there's no chain, and it's too big for a keychain anyway.
And then the stupid Pheonix Wright thing was a tiny keychain. I was rather upset yesterday.

BULL. SHIT. Did not get it.

I knew my lil' old Gamestop wasn't getting the gifts. I could sense it.

My man at the store said he was going to look into it though. I'm mad. Grrrr.

Did not get either. But apparently they're coming later. Oh well, I'll survive either way although I probably would've ordered it off Amazon for no tax if I knew I wouldn't at least eventually get the figure.

I didnt get it either after the manager guarenteed me that i will get one 3 months ago when i preordered and paid in full. According to him when I went to pick it up...they did not even get sent any....dont worry they are going to get pure hell from me in a couple of days, or at least the DM and corp.

I learned my lesson about the GS preorder blunders with the MGS3 Subsistence fiasco. I would never preorder from them again (especially for bonus items, since the employees either gave them all to friends or keep them for ebay fodder).

i dont really like action figures, and i dont even own a PSP, but shit like this makes me almost want to get back into video games. Hopefully fools buy the game and like it and get the free swag.

As for the guy that said the action figure "looks like ass", well they didnt have to include any preorder bonus at all, so a bonus, even if it looks like ass, is better than no bonus imo

[quote name='paean']I learned my lesson about the GS preorder blunders with the MGS3 Subsistence fiasco. I would never preorder from them again (especially for bonus items, since the employees either gave them all to friends or keep them for ebay fodder).[/QUOTE]

buy it from gamestop.com and that wont happen.

For those that pre-order with Gamecrazy, yeah there was a delay from Japan about the figure. Just make sure you are on their wishlist/pre-order to show them that you had the game pre-ordered and they will give you the figure when they come in. You can ask them if they can give you a call when it comes in.

[quote name='KingCrow02']For those that pre-order with Gamecrazy, yeah there was a delay from Japan about the figure. Just make sure you are on their wishlist/pre-order to show them that you had the game pre-ordered and they will give you the figure when they come in. You can ask them if they can give you a call when it comes in.[/QUOTE]

hmm, this would explain why my gamecrazy has none...

[quote name='Tsukento']Talk about a kick in the nads. Showing ads for Simon from C1, only to then release Simon from the PoS second game instead.[/quote]

Simons Quest is a POS game , have you even played it??

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Simons Quest is a POS game , have you even played it??[/QUOTE]

i remember playing this on the NES when i was a kid, there were 3 endings you can get as well as some cool quotes... also the flame whip kicked butt...

"What a horrible night to have a curse."

Simon's Quest gets massive credit for being insanely ambitious. A bit too ambitious for it's own good.

Anyone that managed to get through that game without cheating or looking at a walkthrough (or getting help from a friend with previous experience) has near-infinite patience and should probably go to work negotiating a peace settlement between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Simon's Quest ruled. pre-cursor to the Castletroid plague...er, games.

The daytime music in towns kicks ass. The mansions were also a lot of fun.

Truth.

I played Castlevania II: Simon's Quest when I was a wee lad...

I loved it. First largely explorative type game I played (aside form Metroid)...

[quote name='FurryCurry']But don't you have to pay for shipping?[/quote]A CAG that doesn't know the SAVER coupon? I thought it was required reading for registering. ;)

I picked up mine with the freebie, too. Game is awesome, figure looks kinda funny, but heck it was free. :) Took me a while to figure out how to unlock SotN. I just looked up how to do it on gamefaqs, but out of curiousity, how does whoever post those secrets find them so fast? Are they the gamedevs or what?

[quote name='TravistyOJ']I picked up mine with the freebie, too. Game is awesome, figure looks kinda funny, but heck it was free. :) Took me a while to figure out how to unlock SotN. I just looked up how to do it on gamefaqs, but out of curiousity, how does whoever post those secrets find them so fast? Are they the gamedevs or what?[/quote]

Well, the game leaked the day before its release, so combine that with the want to see the new work done on SotN.

bread's done
Back