Preorder Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, get 8-bit Simon Belmont figure!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Looks more like Master Chief than Simon. What's with the strip of poopstain down the middle of his face?[/QUOTE]

Making a 3D replica of a 2D figure, I suppose. Authenticity beats artistic intent again.

No figure for me, but no big deal. They sent me packing with a 360 Smackdown demo disc, which broke my heart since my 360's in Texas being revived by MS ATM.

I pre-ordered Assassins Creed and the guy tossed me one of these... I was atleast hoping for a keychain, but its cool I guess.[quote name='mykevermin']Making a 3D replica of a 2D figure, I suppose. Authenticity beats artistic intent again.

No figure for me, but no big deal. They sent me packing with a 360 Smackdown demo disc, which broke my heart since my 360's in Texas being revived by MS ATM.[/quote]

I'll go down to the factory and move yours to the top of the line.

Shit is like right down the street. :D

[quote name='TFN']I'll go down to the factory and move yours to the top of the line.

Shit is like right down the street. :D[/QUOTE]

Aw, ain't you just a sweetheart?

[quote name='FurryCurry']BULL. SHIT. Did not get it.

I knew my lil' old Gamestop wasn't getting the gifts. I could sense it.

My man at the store said he was going to look into it though. I'm mad. Grrrr.[/quote]

3/4 of the stores didn't get theirs in time.

Cut out the guess work and ask them if they're getting them. They can look it up ,and they can find out how many - well, at least my local store did.

I asked how many (4) and how many preorders they had (2). So I knew I was good.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Simons Quest is a POS game , have you even played it??[/quote]
Yes, I have. It was a PoS. The CONSTANT changes from day to night interupting your gameplay, losing all your hearts each time you died, next to no bosses, levels that ended in ways that required you to most likely resort to using a strategy guide, along with several other things that made one lose all of their patience with the game made it a PoS.

Yes, it introduced several things to make it stand out, but that doesn't change the fact that it was horrible compared to the other 2D games (though not as bad as the 3D Castlevanias on the N64).

[quote name='Halo05']Simon's Quest gets massive credit for being insanely ambitious. A bit too ambitious for it's own good.

Anyone that managed to get through that game without cheating or looking at a walkthrough (or getting help from a friend with previous experience) has near-infinite patience and should probably go to work negotiating a peace settlement between the Israelis and the Palestinians.[/quote]

Wtf are you talking about? I played it and beat it. I didn't have a guide, there was no GameFAQ site and I was in the freaking middle of no where at my parents cabin 30 miles away from even the neartest convenience store. It was and is one of my all time favorite games.

My store had the figures-I had actually forgotten about it. From a casual glance it looks incredibly ugly, but hey, I preordered the game long before this bonus was announced.

Regarding Castlevania 2, it has some flaws, but it was still a good game IMO. I just played through it to the end a year or two back (it was released in a complelation for PC-never beat it on the NES back in the day).

At any rate I like it a million times more than Castlevania 1, and much much more than the DS games.

I still wish they'd do a true sequel to Symphony of the Night. The DS games are too hard, too...weird (characters, etc.), and too generic in comparison. Plus Symphony of the Night STILL looks and sounds amazing, and I'd want a 2D game done on a modern system (either the 360 or PS3, or if they have to do it on a handheld, the PSP).

Simon's Quest is GOOD. I can care less what other ppl say. It's true it does not/cannot stand the test of time... But when it first came out, it was a worthwhile experience(unless you sucked at videogames or were stupid).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Toys made in China is CHEAPASS. No value even it Limited Edition. Also, becareful Toys made from china is TOXIC :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, your English is toxic...

[quote name='MarkMan']Simon's Quest is GOOD. I can care less what other ppl say. It's true it does not/cannot stand the test of time... But when it first came out, it was a worthwhile experience(unless you sucked at videogames or were stupid).[/QUOTE]

What it tried to do was remarkable, IMO. It wasn't the first sidescrolling action game with RPG elements, but it was one of the first that was outstanding. Also, IMO, it had the finest and most memorable soundtrack of the early Castlevania games (though, to be fair, we in the US received a watered down version of CVIII's soundtrack - I think the JPN edition had an extra chip on the cart that allowed for fuller effects or somesuch nonsense).

And, the transition from night to day interrupts gameplay? Really? Man, you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how you weathered the transition from carts to discs if that kind of thing caused you alarm.

The Simon's Quest Tiger handheld did suck. You'll get no arguments from me there.

I picked up 2 preorder figurines, and both of them had the guy's chest plate glued on wrong (it's off to the side and slanted). I like the colors of the toy. The sides are what look really bad, even if they didn't have that production flaw.

And what a game! The remixes aren't as good as the originals so far, but you can unlock the originals, so it's all good.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yes, I have. It was a PoS. The CONSTANT changes from day to night interupting your gameplay...[/QUOTE]

"The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night"

you just had to make sure you made it to a town during the day, or else you get killed by zombies... Anyone remember the Nintendo Power cover that showed Simon holding Dracula's head (issue #2 I think)?

I picked mine up last night and im loving the game. The figure isnt that bad, I had to send the guy in the back to get it for me. I didnt see any on the shelf so im glad I preordered for once. To tide me over I played Dracula X on SNES (wow, not a rom!)

they got at least 10 copies of the game but they still havent got the figure. They better have it tomorrow...

[quote name='Masterkyo']Toys made in China is CHEAPASS. No value even it Limited Edition. Also, becareful Toys made from china is TOXIC :)[/quote]I don't care about the lead so much, it's their lack of basic freedoms and major human rights infringments that kill me. Other than that, I'm all for ultra cheap china swag.

[quote name='mykevermin']And, the transition from night to day interrupts gameplay? Really? Man, you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how you weathered the transition from carts to discs if that kind of thing caused you alarm.[/quote]
Every three minutes the game will stop you to change day to night and so forth. It's annoying as hell as you can't skip the text, whereas finding the hidden books allows you to stupidly skip the text at times by mistake.

And for your information, as a kid, I didn't own a CD based console until getting a Dreamcast in 2001. :p Not enough money. Though I don't see what transitions from carts to discs has anything to do with this.

[quote name='Tsukento']And for your information, as a kid, I didn't own a CD based console until getting a Dreamcast in 2001. :p Not enough money. Though I don't see what transitions from carts to discs has anything to do with this.[/QUOTE]

I think he was inferring longer load times in CD-based games compared to carts.

I thought Castlevania was really hard when I was younger, but now I can kick the shit out of most of those old games (w/o savestates). The original Ninja Gaiden is still hard.

Loading in CD games really didn't bother me as that's how they were supposed to work. And not all games loaded every three minutes on CD, whereas CII:SQ had that damn day to night sequence constantly going unless you were in town.

[quote name='Tsukento']Loading in CD games really didn't bother me as that's how they were supposed to work. And not all games loaded every three minutes on CD, whereas CII:SQ had that damn day to night sequence constantly going unless you were in town.[/QUOTE]

You should check out Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES. That game is infuriantingly difficult, and it has annoying night and day sequences (which is a huge gameplay mechanic).

The box art is atrocious. In the past, I really really really HATED this game. I haven't loaded it up in an emu since then, and I'm not really interested in wasting my time with it.

I didn't mind the CII:SQ gameplay. The game is so much different from the other games in the CV series. At the time, I actually thought it was kind of neat, but I liked CVIII a lot better.

[quote name='opportunity777']Get Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES.[/quote]
I'm not falling for that one again. I learned my lesson as a kid. :(

[quote name='opportunity777']You should check out Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES. That game is infuriantingly difficult, and it has night and day sequences (which is a huge gameplay mechanic).
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJIv291m4k[/media]

:rofl: That review is pretty spot on :rofl:

I just re-read some stuff on the DrJ & Mr Hyde game. Apparently, they were not night & day sequences like I remembered. The effect was portrayed as "alternate dimensions." Either way, the game was fucking crap.

The stores that didn't get shipments of figures should get them in tomorrow. All GameCrazy stores were effected by the delay as well.

OMG its here today is Vania day!
i mean yeah they are releasing Leopard too, but in my oppinion, Vania, and the new slim white PSP outweighs that by about an elephant.
wooooo when i get home, im gonna be sorted =]
see you suckers in a while, im going in!

[quote name='b3b0p']Wtf are you talking about? I played it and beat it. I didn't have a guide, there was no GameFAQ site and I was in the freaking middle of no where at my parents cabin 30 miles away from even the neartest convenience store. It was and is one of my all time favorite games.[/quote]

I too was apparently one of the few who loved Simon's Quest.

[quote name='woodcan']I too was apparently one of the few who loved Simon's Quest.[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list. It was and *IS* a good game. It needed more bosses, but aside from that, I love the game to death. It's probably not a good match for today's coddled gamer, but if you like figuring things out for yourself, it's a great one.

OMFG where the fudge is that fudging game.
where is it?
where the fudge is it?
look, where is it?
i dont understand =[
it was meant to be today, no one in any of the stores i've been in know anything about it.
should i just import it all from the US?
FFS
im going to email Konami about my displeasure... BRB

"im going to kill you with my tea cup"

I too was apparently one of the few who loved Simon's Quest.

I still have that game..I friggin loved it. "What a horrible night to have a curse" Didnt bother me at all. In new levels I looked forward to what creatures it'll bring in a new level.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Ditto on the CV2 love. Although I could not pass it to save my life as a youngster, I finally beat the beast a few years ago.[/quote]

make sure you beat it with different times so you unlock all 3 endings! dracula's rib ftw!

bread's done
Back