Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

So I am a little disappointed in the decision to incorporate The House of Wolves and The Dark Below into the main storyline with the TTK expansion. I am sure it is great for a new player because it makes the game a more cohesive experience but as someone who stopped at about level 28-30 and it playing again it sucks. Those missions are now leveled way below me or way above me. I either have to choose to play them first at level 10-16ish or play TTK first out of order to level up to a point where the hard level choice is possible for the other 2 DLCs. I am sure this is standard practice for games that evolve like this but it definitely makes me feel like I won't be continuing after TTK. I just do not like feeling if I do not play the DLC on day one that eventually it becomes useless.
I don't understand your disappointment...? If you want to level your character just turn in bounties.....

I don't understand your disappointment...? If you want to level your character just turn in bounties.....
My disappointment was that they changed the leveling of The House of Wolves and The Dark Below. They old levels would have been in line with my current characters and they would have been more of a challenge. Running a Level 10 mission with a level 30 character is not that much of a challenge. The only way to run that portion of the game for the first time in a challenging way would have been to wait till I was light level 240 which requires playing TTK first which is out of order. It is not a huge deal really. This works great if you are starting out from scratch but returning players have the first 2 DLCs diluted in terms of importance with the change.

My disappointment was that they changed the leveling of The House of Wolves and The Dark Below. They old levels would have been in line with my current characters and they would have been more of a challenge. Running a Level 10 mission with a level 30 character is not that much of a challenge. The only way to run that portion of the game for the first time in a challenging way would have been to wait till I was light level 240 which requires playing TTK first which is out of order. It is not a huge deal really. This works great if you are starting out from scratch but returning players have the first 2 DLCs diluted in terms of importance with the change.
Level doesn't mean as much when it comes down to difficulty. It's about light level, and even when you're overpowered it still nerds your damage so you aren't truly overpowering the baddies.

I understand what you're saying, but it really would have been impossible to please everyone. 1)Hardcore players 2)Brand new players and 3) Players coming back who originally left.

Level doesn't mean as much when it comes down to difficulty. It's about light level, and even when you're overpowered it still nerds your damage so you aren't truly overpowering the baddies.

I understand what you're saying, but it really would have been impossible to please everyone. 1)Hardcore players 2)Brand new players and 3) Players coming back who originally left.
Either way I still am having fun. :)

Bah, Amazon processed my trade-in for TTK, and it was downgraded to Acceptable.  Still got $28.xx so I'll live.  It says it was "missing bundled items" even though everything that came with it was in there :roll: (probably because codes were used).

Bah, Amazon processed my trade-in for TTK, and it was downgraded to Acceptable. Still got $28.xx so I'll live. It says it was "missing bundled items" even though everything that came with it was in there :roll: (probably because codes were used).
And judging by the shenanigans NorAm is pulling on us here on CAG, they'd use the code and still give you the (A) TiV to you.

I'm enjoying Destiny again.  For as much trash as I used to talk about it, here I am again.  Still gotta find me a team to do VOG and Crota though :(

Bah, Amazon processed my trade-in for TTK, and it was downgraded to Acceptable. Still got $28.xx so I'll live. It says it was "missing bundled items" even though everything that came with it was in there :roll: (probably because codes were used).
Literally complaining about $28 for vanilla Destiny

I think it's a valid complaint (assuming it's true). Amazon is selling Used copies for $49.65 right now (PS4 version). If Amazon is going to be a used game seller, they should know their business and pay accordingly. They don't appear to be selling it at vanilla prices, so why shouldn't they pay trade-in prices accordingly? That being said, $28 is still decent and there's not too many other options at this point.

They would have no way of knowing they were used unless they tried to use them. Also precisely why I won't submit anything with accepting a downgrade.

I sent in my copy without the code slips (because they are useless afterall) and stiil got $34. They probably just don't like you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
When it was supposed to net $34, yeah. :p Also, Target is giving $30 for TTK.

They would have no way of knowing they were used unless they tried to use them. Also precisely why I won't submit anything with accepting a downgrade.
True. I would normally not accept the downgrade, but since without the code it is effectively vanilla destiny (which I already have) and the fact that everything would have been sent to them in pristine condition, I was ok with even $28.

I sent in my copy without the code slips (because they are useless afterall) and stiil got $34. They probably just don't like you. :p
Ha ha, yeah, probably true :)

How did you go about finding people? In game? or a website? I got hooked on Destiny, but had to ignore Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and the Prison of Elders :( Kind of want to at least get through Crota's End before Taken King fight, which I'm sure I'll need a team for as well.
I mostly meet people in game, but like others have posted, there are a lot of websites you can meet up with people on. This thread can even be one of them, I'm game for playing with anyone here.

My PSN ID is commodorewheeler. Anyone who wants to play is free to send me a friend request, just let me know you are from CAG and I'll accept it. And make sure you have a mic, the Raids and Skolas pretty much can't be done without voice chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I got downgraded to $27ish due to "Bundled accessories missing." NBD, but shame that I missed my chance to get $30 from Target.

I mostly meet people in game, but like others have posted, there are a lot of websites you can meet up with people on. This thread can even be one of them, I'm game for playing with anyone here.

My PSN ID is commodorewheeler. Anyone who wants to play is free to send me a friend request, just let me know you are from CAG and I'll accept it. And make sure you have a mic, the Raids and Skolas pretty much can't be done without voice chat.
Thanks. I've had luck with http://www.destinylfg.net/. I'll try to remember to add you when I get back on later.

I've tried some of Crota and the Skolas fight. Definitely need a mic like you mentioned.

bread's done
Back