Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

Getting the game at midnight seems stupid to me. You can't play taken king until around 5am eastern so I fail to see the rush to get it and then sit and wait another 5 hours or so.
How is it stupid?

get the game at midnight.

DL the patch from today while I sleep.

Wake up and play.

I can play 7a-10a during the time when gamestop is closed.

In other news, TIV at gamestop towards TTK was $26 for me at the 9pm cashout for my xbox one CE

Last edited by a moderator:
Is GameStop doing anything special for the midnight release? I'm debating if I want to head over to pick it up tonight or just wait until tomorrow. If there's nothing great happening I can wait to tomorrow.

Is GameStop doing anything special for the midnight release? I'm debating if I want to head over to pick it up tonight or just wait until tomorrow. If there's nothing great happening I can wait to tomorrow.
Nothing really special that I know of. But I want to play it after I get the kids to school at 715

Any chance GameStop has collectors editions in stock tomorrow ?
I would imagine they would open up more at some point. There has to be people who cancelled their orders. My problem is that I want it tomorrow and don't want to wait lol. So I'll probably pick it up before they release them.

Any chance GameStop has collectors editions in stock tomorrow ?
I called a couple local stores to see if I could pick it up closer to my house and both said they only got in as many as they had preorders for.

Also they gave me $26 for ps4 version in trade so not sure if they messed up or what.

I called a couple local stores to see if I could pick it up closer to my house and both said they only got in as many as they had preorders for.
Also they gave me $26 for ps4 version in trade so not sure if they messed up or what.
I got 26 too for my Xbox one version. I don't do this often but the gamestop guy called and told me their open at 9 to sell it, so I figured why not. In line now...

Got back from my GS asking questions about the midnight release tonight.

I was told by management that there is a promo that if you put a $5 pre-order for black ops 3 on the same transaction as picking up your copy of destiny, you'll get triple the rewards points.

Super awesome deal for those picking up the PS4 bundle.
Are you sure about the ps4 bundle? I mean if that's the case then I'll do it but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that the bundle is included

I just downloaded the 2.0 patch and tried playing again for the first time since the month it released...I'm so completely lost. Oh well back to MGSV

has anyone gotten their suros dlc ? i ordered online couple of my buddies got their codes i have yet to receive mine.

I got my code this morning (12:58 AM central). I preordered the CE online.
thanks. i caleld them they told me i have to wait till weds evening to get it if not they will re issue it i told them pretty sure your system didnt send me mine cause everyone else ive talked to has theirs lol.

Just got my console and man this thing is pretty, and the buttons are so much better,I don't know if it's the white contrast or what but even the light looks better

Question though, was I suppose to get anything special for preordering it or getting the console bundle

For some reason, I am incredibly annoyed by the fact that the Legendary Edition is just the original Destiny disk with DLC codes included.

For some reason, I am incredibly annoyed by the fact that the Legendary Edition is just the original Destiny disk with DLC codes included.
Well if they went through the trouble of printing new disc they would probably have just put the dlc on it and that would not be good for them

I figured it would be a code, but at least make the codes separate (to not be a dick to those that supported them the first year) and make different disc art. They probably just took all the unsold ones and put the disc in the new case, lol.

Well if they went through the trouble of printing new disc they would probably have just put the dlc on it and that would not be good for them
Honestly, I was hoping/thought they were going to do that.

It would make sense, specially to bring people in... just have it playable off the disc, since this is supposed to be the next chapter and the people who buy the disc don't need to buy the DLC anyways.

Or at the very least, have the entire install files on the disc.

One of my local stores got a bunch of extras in. I grabbed one since I didn't preorder. Anyone else have the same experience?

Honestly, I was hoping/thought they were going to do that.
It would make sense, specially to bring people in... just have it playable off the disc, since this is supposed to be the next chapter and the people who buy the disc don't need to buy the DLC anyways.
Or at the very least, have the entire install files on the disc.
If they did that it could be easily borrowed and played that way and they would lose on sales, since its a code it's one and done, and everyone else has to buy it

Also, I have a weird question. Can I literally open it in store and trade the destiny disc in towards the purchase of the CE because I left my original at home. I didn't know that the CE was the exact same game. 

Anyone have experience in getting trade credit after purchase on good faith?

If they did that it could be easily borrowed and played that way and they would lose on sales, since its a code it's one and done, and everyone else has to buy it
The original Destiny was like that and the other DLC has been out for months.

I know they make money off DLC but this is supposed to be the 2nd Season or a brand new game/start point for players from how I understood it.

Eitherway, just having the data on the disc to install from would have been nice.

Also there are rumors of a Season 2 Pass/Expansion Set now.

Anyone have $40 in PSN credit to trade for a physical copy code that has all 3 expansions? If I use the code on my account the first 2 DLCs just go to waste since I already own them.

fuck you Activision/Bungie.

I think the codes were intentionally merged to curb reselling. That and it just makes it easier for them to track and manage.
It sucks for people who already own the game digitally and both expansions, they should let those people buy just TTK for $20 but bungie turned into greedy bastards with this game it seems.

Some stores gave out posters, bracelets, and little destiny pins. Some didn't.

Also, the base value of trading in the vanilla Destiny (CE disc or otherwise since they were the same) is $26 for PS4/X1. So I happily traded in mine for $27.60 after PUR towards just rebuying it from them again in the new CE. Now I've got 2 steelbooks (that are slightly different) but seemed like the most I'd ever get for that disc, and if I really want to, I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up used for like $10 now that the inventory has basically doubled for all the physical "legendary edition" purchasers.

It sucks for people who already own the game digitally and both expansions, they should let those people buy just TTK for $20 but bungie turned into greedy bastards with this game it seems.
Activision, not Bungie, and Activision has always been greedy.
Bungie doesn't see a dime of these sales, all these sales do is give more funding to Bungie for later projects.

Though the employees may see a bonus if it does well.

Picked up my CE last night. Was thrilled that they gave me $26.80 back for my old Destiny disc, that really helped a lot in terms of making the price tag of the expansion more palatable.

Was Gamestop suppose to email the Suros arsenal pack dlc code if you preordered? Anyone not get theirs yet for PS4 version?

I agree that the pricing is so relative that it makes it look unfair. This is a unique pricing scheme with regards to console gaming. The expansions were $20 each and TKK is a $40 upgrade if you have Expansions I & II. So the $40 is just their way of saying TKK is much more substantive than the previous two DLC releases. I think what makes the prices appear outrageous is that the DLC's are not discounted and it's not factoring in the time that has passed since they came out. Day 1 adopters pay: $60, $20, $20, and $40 for today's expansion. The hard part for traditional gamers to wrap their heads around all this is that the Legendary Edition is $60 today while early adopters will have paid $140 when it's all said and done.

You all can just thumb your nose at Destiny and support MGS V instead. I get just as much content without all that expansion pricing :)

TQ6MX.jpg

http://snag.gy/q0aXW.jpg

Heads up to those of you buying the :Taken King Legendary Edition or the PS4!

Best Buy in their weekly ad is giving out tshirts to every person who buys a copy.

BUT:

Mine were not in the front or by customer service or even in the gaming section.

They had them on a table in the Home Theater Section, by the TVs Section (might be at the center back table for your store for TVs, mine was not in Magnolia)

And of course Gamer's Club Unlocked is 20%, so $48+ tax game and tshirt if that tempts any of you

My store only seemed to have L and XL, and they only had about 10 total shirts, so just in case.

That combined with the TIV for the TTK edition $34 at Amazon was a no brainer for me to buy now, ill just keep my Vanilla Destiny Disc

48-34 = 14+tax for DLC and shirt!

Everyone who did the trade last night, today, or tomorrow gets 2 promos:
Destiny bump to $20
10% off a new game w/trade good only for midnight release-Wednesday night. This shows up as a $6 bump in trade credit.

The $.80 is the PUR Pro 10% boost on the base TIV of $8.

Everyone who did the trade last night, today, or tomorrow gets 2 promos:
Destiny bump to $20
10% off a new game w/trade good only for midnight release-Wednesday night. This shows up as a $6 bump in trade credit.
The $.80 is the PUR Pro 10% boost on the base TIV of $8.
So if I trade in :ps4: Destiny, I should get $26.80 towards TTK?

Amazon is giving $34. Wasn't going to bite on this, but since I can get Taken King & all the other downloadable content for around $14 after BBGC and trade in, it seemed too good to pass up.
Yeah I think I am just going to do this since I only own the base game digitally. I said I would wait for a sale on the Legendary Edition but getting the 3 DLC for $51 at BBY and then turning that into $34 at Amazon ($28 if they downgrade it) is too good. I still find this game fun and at the very least there is some achievements to be had again.

Well, fuck...

I preordered the Taken King CE for PS4 over a month ago at my local GS since I had some credit.  Went to pick it up today and found out that the girl who did my preorder did it for the DIGITAL DOWNLOAD and not the physical version.  And of course, all the PS4 CE's in my area are long gone.

To his credit, the manager (who was handling pickups today) was very nice and had no problem cancelling my preorder and putting the $5 back on my account, but I still feel its worth contacting CS about.  Thoughts?

bread's done
Back