Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

After watching unboxing videos it seems clear that the disc is the same Destiny 1 disc from a year ago, and all DLC is from voucher.  The only thing that isn't clear is if all the DLC is from one code.....or if it's all separated out.....

Youtube, lazy lol

Playstation Access & unknown player have good videos

Looks like it's 1 code for everything so that sucks.

Feels like a big FU especially after buying that $90 Digital Guardian Edition last September.
Lol if he's gonna mention an unboxing he should add a link. Most people do and I haven't seen it on the few gaming sites I go to.

Lol if he's gonna mention an unboxing he should add a link. Most people do and I haven't seen it on the few gaming sites I go to.
Maybe I should but I didn't. I was at work and I was using the Youtube app so didn't have links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hup9DM45Rgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRV1jqEvW60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_g7yNWEQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVTzeYFb5o

All unboxings, all a little different. #Google

Is there only 1 code? I already have the first 2 "expansions" and would like to give those to a buddy of mine. One video says there all on the disc is that confirmed?

Is there only 1 code? I already have the first 2 "expansions" and would like to give those to a buddy of mine. One video says there all on the disc is that confirmed?
The disc just has the base game. From the unboxing videos that i saw, it looks like there's just 1 insert with 1 code that unlocks all additional content

I see that the digital "Legendary" version is up on the store now. Why wouldn't they put that up at the same time as the digital CE. The $20 difference for what you get is BS but wanted the game digitally. Wonder if Sony would give a partial refund and take away the rights to the CE content. Can they do that?

I wish I knew 100% if the insert was individual codes, or if it's 1 code. I already have the first expansion and the game digitally. I just can't understand why the expansion is $40, but I can pick up the game and all 3 expansions for $48 w/ GCU.

I wish I knew 100% if the insert was individual codes, or if it's 1 code. I already have the first expansion and the game digitally. I just can't understand why the expansion is $40, but I can pick up the game and all 3 expansions for $48 w/ GCU.
I'm starting to feel like it's one code.....unfortunately.

It is smart to put all the content on DLC. This ensures the used market takes a hit so more cash for the publisher. I am buying the Destiny PS4 console and promptly sell on ebay the DLC since I don't care for Destiny. I will probably keep the disc with the original game and play it eventually since the trade value is going to plummet. I am also selling the GS exclusive stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is smart to put all the content on DLC. This ensures the used market takes a hit so more cash for the publisher. I am buying the Destiny PS4 console and promptly sell on ebay the DLC since I don't care for Destiny. I will probably keep the disc with the original game and play it eventually since the trade value is going to plummet. I am also selling the GS exclusive stuff...
Just curious if you don't like Destiny why get a destiny themed ps4?

All DLC on one code, well my Plan is shot lol
Mine to, I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy because I have GCU and gift cards there. I guess I will just dump my vanilla version there on Tuesday towards it. Can anyone do me a favor and check what the current TIV is at Best Buy I cant because its blocked on my work computer.

Thanks

Mine to, I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy because I have GCU and gift cards there. I guess I will just dump my vanilla version there on Tuesday towards it. Can anyone do me a favor and check what the current TIV is at Best Buy I cant because its blocked on my work computer.

Thanks
$7.

The best option would be trade it into GS for $20 off Taken King. Then return it a few days later to a different gamestop. Unless you rather just take the $7 of course.

$7.

The best option would be trade it into GS for $20 off Taken King. Then return it a few days later to a different gamestop. Unless you rather just take the $7 of course.
Thanks for checking, I might have to do that at Gamestop to get the $20. Only problem with that is I cant stand going into one Gamestop in my area let alone needing to go into two.

Just curious if you don't like Destiny why get a destiny themed ps4?
Because I need a PS4 and the console looks nice (better than the plain black one). Also, it is the new model. Finally, I will sell the DLC so this will drop the price of the console.

Thanks
I know,I had each code sold to,I just started playing the Destiny trial with my brother in law and we are liking it, so at the very least I guess I can keep it to use, just sucks cause I was counting on that you get the price down lol

What does he literally say at 2:25
He says "starmask2k3 is a braindead fuckwit", though it could have just been what I heard when he said "this a code for the Taken King DLC" where he shows the DLC slip that shows "Taken King", "Expansion 1" and "Expansion 2".

I'm sure I was mis-heard how "this is a code for the Taken King DLC" sounded like "starmask2k3 is a braindead fuckwit". That must have been it.

He says "starmask2k3 is a braindead fuckwit", though it could have just been what I heard when he said "this a code for the Taken King DLC" where he shows the DLC slip that shows "Taken King", "Expansion 1" and "Expansion 2".

I'm sure I was mis-heard how "this is a code for the Taken King DLC" sounded like "starmask2k3 is a braindead fuckwit". That must have been it.
😂😂😂

If it's one code I'll just sell it off as I think I'm going to buy it off PSN anyway since it seems like my CE from GameStop will not be getting here on release day.

When do all of the stores like Best Buy and Walmart update TIVs? I am curious what they'll put Taken King at. I'm locked in at Amazon but it would be nice to get instant gratification

EDIT: The last linked YouTuber directly confirmed in a comment it is one code for all three expansions

My post prior to yours did haha. It does seem logical but I am paranoid of them rejecting it, even though I highly doubt they would on the basis of DLC codes not being included
Yeah I hope they don't outright reject it but I don't think they will. Even if they give you $28 for it instead of $34 it's worth it.

No, I think you heard right. He realized what we have always known.

My library acquires new game releases every now and then, which allows me to save a lot of money if there's a game I'm interested in playing but not buying.

They're apparently getting Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition.

gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

For those still looking for the best flip on the disc, you can sort of almost get a free code if you buy from Dell.  They are still giving a $25 GC with the preorder through today (just called them and verified) which means you can flip to Amazon (or possibly other places) for almost $35 so you're only out tax and a few dollars difference depending on trade value.  Of course, you'll have a $25 Dell GC which may not appeal to many.  Dell is doing free 2 day shipping which may not be thrilling for some also.

Wait so if I lock in the trade value via Amazon today all I have to do is send in the regular Destiny disc in The Taken King box and I get to keep the DLC vocher and still get the full value of $28 or $34? Sorry it would be my first time trading into Amazon.

For those still looking for the best flip on the disc, you can sort of almost get a free code if you buy from Dell. They are still giving a $25 GC with the preorder through today (just called them and verified) which means you can flip to Amazon (or possibly other places) for almost $35 so you're only out tax and a few dollars difference depending on trade value. Of course, you'll have a $25 Dell GC which may not appeal to many. Dell is doing free 2 day shipping which may not be thrilling for some also.
The problem here is, wth am I gonna buy from Dell that isnt an overpriced item I don need and pay escessive shipping on? But that plan isnt bad actually, I just never have had any need for anything Dell, unless I create a preorder chain with them.

Wait so if I lock in the trade value via Amazon today all I have to do is send in the regular Destiny disc in The Taken King box and I get to keep the DLC vocher and still get the full value of $28 or $34? Sorry it would be my first time trading into Amazon.
In theory, yes. Thats all it would take. They dont expect codes to work since they are used copies, so the disc and the Taken King box should be all they need. Maybe add the insert that has the code (but assuming you already used it, so you don't need the paper).

The problem here is, wth am I gonna buy from Dell that isnt an overpriced item I don need and pay escessive shipping on? But that plan isnt bad actually, I just never have had any need for anything Dell, unless I create a preorder chain with them.
Dell.com price-matches, FYI. You have to request it via chat, but at least it's an option.

I haven't watched the unboxing videos, but I would send the Taken King disc and not the regular Destiny disc if there is any difference in how they look. You may have meant this anyway.

I never traded in with Amazon before, when they say ship it within 7 days does that mean I can play it and then ship it to them a couple days later right?

I will definitely try to trade it in,$32 if we are lucky, then wait for another $15 sale for the vanilla version

Gamestop hasn't shipped my Collector's Edition yet and I have no charge on my card. On hold with Gamestop now, been 17 minutes so far.

Edit: Got a rep 35 minutes in. Confirmed that my order was already packaged and ready to be shipped and that I should be getting a tracking number by midnight tonight. I opted for value shipping so I doubt I'll get it tomorrow, but I don't mind waiting a couple more days as long as it gets here.

I never traded in with Amazon before, when they say ship it within 7 days does that mean I can play it and then ship it to them a couple days later right?

I will definitely try to trade it in,$32 if we are lucky, then wait for another $15 sale for the vanilla version
When you complete a trade in submission with Amazon it will give you a date that you must ship it to them. As long as you drop it off by that date it should be fine. Also, vanilla Destiny was $15 last night on Amazon. I think it's about $18 now.

bread's done
Back