Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

So if taken king is like the base game, they will sell digital deluxe edition download cards at best buy. Does GCU apply to those?

i wonder if the legendary edition comes with vouchers or if it's on disc. If it's on disc i may purchase if it's a voucher then probably not

Taken king is expansion 3 and I don't think you get the fourth one after that.
Taken King is not expansion 3. There was a leaked screenshot of the destiny schedule back in January. Taken King was called Comet, and it was going to be a physical release because it was supposed to be big. Ep. 3 & 4 are scheduled to be released afterwards

Taken King is not expansion 3. There was a leaked screenshot of the destiny schedule back in January. Taken King was called Comet, and it was going to be a physical release because it was supposed to be big. Ep. 3 & 4 are scheduled to be released afterwards
Yes but TTK doesn't get you either of those.

So if it's not an expansion then what is it?

So if it's not an expansion then what is it?
Well, idk lol it is actually going to be Destiny's first "expansion"...The Dark Below was pathetic and The House of Wolves was a better attempt. These 2 packs just re-used the world to add new missions. Taken King will hopefully be an actual expansion

Lol @ Destiny being rare. While it is a great price, there are far too many shooters coming out around the same time. This would have been better if you could get access to the base game, along with the 2 expansions now and then get the other when it is released.

Lol @ Destiny being rare. While it is a great price, there are far too many shooters coming out around the same time. This would have been better if you could get access to the base game, along with the 2 expansions now and then get the other when it is released.
But how is Bungie is suppose to make the Super Duper Guardian Complete Edition if they give us access to all dlc now?

Yes but TTK doesn't get you either of those.
I never said that it did :)

doesn't really make sense to limit the collector's edition since the original collector's edition seems to still be pretty widely available for just a little bit over the original retail price - however this is a GS exclusive so... I would jump on it if it for those who haven't already if it becomes available again.

I still have my Ghost Edition new in box...so I can't even enjoy the smooth voice of Tyrion Lannister speaking to me.

I'm replaying Destiny right now. I stopped after the new DLC dropped and made all my old equipment crap.

I figure if I'm doing to buy the Taken King DLC I'd do it directly from the PSN store to get the bonus credits for spending $100 

I've never played the copy I bought but once or twice.

I'll wait for a price drop or something since it seems like many people won't be picking this up right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure why not? I went ahead and ordered a CE...And yeah I did get a Ghost Edition (a lot of tears behind that one). I pulled out the ghost model today before my fubared CE of Tales of Xillia came in...then I noticed that he was saying something relevant to Milla...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:15132]

Freely mock me with Spaceballs memes/gifs.

And now we wait for this at $19.99 at bestbuy.

giphy.gif

I like gifs

Problem is the more you wait the more people playing are just going to be high level.
Then we join a n00b clan and work from the bottom to the top!

Okay, I have a tricky question:

Collector's Edition is PS4, XBO only, so I preordered a PS4 one.

Now, I know the DLC won't work on the PS3 I have, but since characters transfer between previous gen and new gen games, If i redeemed the collectors edition bonuses like the shaders and armor on a PS4, would I have access to those things on my character on my PS3?

Now, I know the DLC won't work on the PS3 I have, but since characters transfer between previous gen and new gen games, If i redeemed the collectors edition bonuses like the shaders and armor on a PS4, would I have access to those things on my character on my PS3?
I would say no but I could be wrong. Since they are limited to the CE as we know so far it is possible the code for them was only made for next gen titles.

I would say no but I could be wrong. Since they are limited to the CE as we know so far it is possible the code for them was only made for next gen titles.
Well they have the digital collector's edition on PS3, so the items will exist on last gen.

I know I will have to buy the PS3 expansion separately, but this way it would be $120 to have completely up to date games on both systems, vs 140 for a collectors and a legendary.

Most likely not. I redeemed the GS exclusive Red Sparrow, Blacksmith shader, and LE emblem + ship + red ghost on PS4, and when you play on PS3, they are blacked out and show up as generic colors.

For those of you looking to get the whole set digitally, you can get it now and have access to the full game and its 2 DLCs right now:

Digital Collector’s Edition includes: Destiny, The Dark Below (Expansion I), House of Wolves (Expansion II) and The Taken King (estimated release date is 9/15/15). It also includes other content including commemorative digital items and VIP rewards – please read the full description found at the Destiny product page.

Pre-purchase to immediately begin playing Destiny and both Expansions (I & II) today!
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/18/destiny-the-taken-king-digital-collectors-edition-is-now-available-for-xbox-one/

Grabbed a PS4 CE preorder from GameStop since I want to move on from the 360 version.  $80 for stuff to add to my Ghost Edition plus the entire experience on the best platform for the game?  Sold.

Thinking of switching my ps4 order to Xbox one seeing I already have year 1 content on my ps4 and could just buy the taken King on psn and then have a complete copy on my Xbox also. Decisions decisions.

Fool me once...
I know, right?

While HoW made some big improvements on the game, I really only played that far because the season pass came with the version of the game that I purchased at launch. Bungie hasn't done enough to make me feel satisfied with my initial purchase, let alone to buy DLC.

Has anyone purchased the digital collector's edition for PS3? Curious to know if everything, including the base game, transfers over to the PS4.

The Digital version is up for preorder on PSN and XBM.  Kind of cool, it let's you play the game and expansion pass now while you wait for taken king.

Seeing that there is no pride in owning this game nor a decent trade in value, might as well go digital if you don't want a strange coin replica for $30.

Also, this game will cease to function when the servers go down, so it's not as though you are preserving a legacy of games by owning it on disk.

My friends have been bugging me and I have extra PSN credit, so I may bite.

Also, this game will cease to function when the servers go down, so it's not as though you are preserving a legacy of games by owning it on disk.
I agree with buying it digitally but the servers for this game will stay open into the next gen of consoles. Easily. Gears Of War 1 for the 360 still has active servers and that shit is like 8-9 years old lol.

I agree with buying it digitally but the servers for this game will stay open into the next gen of consoles. Easily. Gears Of War 1 for the 360 still has active servers and that shit is like 8-9 years old lol.
Oh, absolutely. This version would be obsolete by then though. That and I'm talking about the people who are against digital since they still play PS2/DC/GC/Xbox/prior to that games and preserve collections for a long time.

bread's done
Back