Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

Was still able to get a CE in store today. Clerk made it sound like they ran out last week but more became available.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the PSN version is $80, but the September retail version will only be $60 ($48 GCU)?

I know partially its because the PSN one is considered the "collectors edition" which also retails for $80, but digitally thats an oxymoron (all you collect is a "license" to use the game until they shut it down) but anyway without the map/coin/figure/steelbook or whatever the SHAQFU, the PSN one basically is the "standard" $60 September release. How'd they get away with charging the extra $20 for it?

So the PSN version is $80, but the September retail version will only be $60 ($48 GCU)?

I know partially its because the PSN one is considered the "collectors edition" which also retails for $80, but digitally thats an oxymoron (all you collect is a "license" to use the game until they shut it down) but anyway without the map/coin/figure/steelbook or whatever the SHAQFU, the PSN one basically is the "standard" $60 September release. How'd they get away with charging the extra $20 for it?
The Taken King Collector's Edition Digital Content: Includes three Exotic Guardian Class items featuring XP bonuses, three class-specific emotes, and three armor shaders to customize every Guardian class.

That's what pissing people off.

Anybody think the legendary edition will go digital preorder soon? I have PSN credit, but don't think the CE content is worth $20. It should be marked down at least $10 since you don't get physical goods. I have the base game only on Xbone but know more people playing on PS4...

Has they ever announced how the previous content will be handled in the $60 edition for the XB1? Are the two previous DLC going be download tokens or are they now on a disc?

I wonder if the Destiny disc will be the same as last year. There goes all our trade in hopes and dreams :-({|=
I'm really hoping that somewhere will have a decent trade in, and no one expects codes to be included on a trade in. I rolled gift cards into the Dell deal, which basically makes Taken King $40. Even if it could be traded in for $20, that is taking some of the sting out of the $40 price on Taken King. Would be magical if the $34 TIV holds on Amazon

So I'm a little torn. I want to get Taken King (have nothing atm). If I buy the digital version I get the extra rewards and can start playing now. But its $80. 

If I buy the Legendary retail disk, its $48 with GCU. No vet rewards. 

Seriously, what I justifying that extra $20 ($32 w/GCU)? Is there plans to have a Legendary bundle on PSN store?

So I'm a little torn. I want to get Taken King (have nothing atm). If I buy the digital version I get the extra rewards and can start playing now. But its $80.

If I buy the Legendary retail disk, its $48 with GCU. No vet rewards.

Seriously, what I justifying that extra $20 ($32 w/GCU)? Is there plans to have a Legendary bundle on PSN store?
I was wondering the same thing. They are doing it so you have no choice but to buy the CE if you only own the base game or the game on another console. That way they get their money. The expansion pass and taken King are $75 together digitally. Might as well buy the CE. I would have preferred the physical CE but opted for the digital. I wanted the game digitally since the dlc is all code based anyway and Destiny won't hold its value long. If you get the Physical CE at least you could sell off the goodies later to help pay for itself.

I have everything released so far my plan is to pick up the $60 version ($48 GCU) and try and get at least $25 for the original game plus the first DLC packs via eBay or Craigslist. Does that sound crazy to you guys?

Trying to decide if I wanna cancel my CE preorder at GS And just get the Legendary edition for $50 on Amazon...An extra $30 for the coin and other stuff probably isn't worth it right?

I have everything released so far my plan is to pick up the $60 version ($48 GCU) and try and get at least $25 for the original game plus the first DLC packs via eBay or Craigslist. Does that sound crazy to you guys?
No. I'm doing the same but I'm giving the base game away with the first 2 DLCs to my cousin who just got an xbox 1.

If you love Destiny then the $80 gamestop version is worth it. I am kind of neutral on the original game so I'll wait for reviews on Taken King. I'm sure it will be a nice Black Friday pickup.

I haven't played in a few months but I too am some what interested in picking it up for $48 and trying to trade the disc in and sell the first two DLCs.  But I can't imagine anyone giving much for PS4 Destiny.  BB is offering $3 before any bonuses.   GameStop $11 with PUR.  A co worker recently got the base Destiny for PS4 but not sure what the codes for the first DLCs would be worth.  

Might just wait for a sale at this point.  Glad it is a code though as I already have the digital version and don't want a disc.

Trying to decide if I wanna cancel my CE preorder at GS And just get the Legendary edition for $50 on Amazon...An extra $30 for the coin and other stuff probably isn't worth it right?
I think its worth it. I was happy that I was able to preorder an Xbox One Version of the collectors at Gamestop the other day when they either got some more or people cancelled. I want that coin to go along with my Dinklebot.

On the other hand you might not want to use me as an example, as this is what I am buying:

Taken King Limited Edition PS4 Console

Taken King Digital Edition PS4 (use digital codes from collectors console, sell the disc/dlc from console)

Taken King Collectors Edition Xbox One

I might be considered Hardcore Destiny.......

I think its worth it. I was happy that I was able to preorder an Xbox One Version of the collectors at Gamestop the other day when they either got some more or people cancelled. I want that coin to go along with my Dinklebot.

On the other hand you might not want to use me as an example, as this is what I am buying:

Taken King Limited Edition PS4 Console

Taken King Digital Edition PS4 (use digital codes from collectors console, sell the disc/dlc from console)

Taken King Collectors Edition Xbox One

I might be considered Hardcore Destiny.......
I'm doing the exact same thing! My gamestop's manager was like you sure you don't need the Physical CE on PS4? :lol: :rofl:

Anyone want to do some Prison of Elders on PS4? Looking for players who actually know what they are doing!

If we got a $10 preorder RZ cert for Taken King I would be all over the retail version and then getting rid of the disc and 1st 2 dlcs elsewhere.

Really though I feel like $10 more for the retail will not really be that lucrative as the disc already goes for very little and I cannot imagine a large market for the first couple DLCs especially after this release.

*edit*

Hmmm right now the expansion pass has sold on eBay for $10-35. I suppose even getting $20 on eBay and $10 for the disc that brings the price of Taken King to only $20 instead of $40.

*edit x2*

I cannot find any midnight releases for Taken King at Best Buy... am I not looking hard enough or does it not exist?

I'm doing the exact same thing! My gamestop's manager was like you sure you don't need the Physical CE on PS4? :lol: :rofl:
Haha. Yea my console of choice is PS4 but I play on 2 different consoles and have been digital since the beginning on PS4 so I don't want to swap discs. I only have 1 xbox one so I'll just leave the disc in the console. Haha.

words cannot explain how stoked I am for the Taken King!!!!!!!

If we got a $10 preorder RZ cert for Taken King I would be all over the retail version and then getting rid of the disc and 1st 2 dlcs elsewhere.

Really though I feel like $10 more for the retail will not really be that lucrative as the disc already goes for very little and I cannot imagine a large market for the first couple DLCs especially after this release.

*edit*

Hmmm right now the expansion pass has sold on eBay for $10-35. I suppose even getting $20 on eBay and $10 for the disc that brings the price of Taken King to only $20 instead of $40.

*edit x2*

I cannot find any midnight releases for Taken King at Best Buy... am I not looking hard enough or does it not exist?
Very unlikely there is a midnight release

I already have the first CE with the 2 DLC and I'm buying the Destiny Console for my son. So in order to gameshare between 2 consoles I have to make my username/psn as a primary on his console and his username/psn primary on mine? Is that correct?

I already have the first CE with the 2 DLC and I'm buying the Destiny Console for my son. So in order to gameshare between 2 consoles I have to make my username/psn as a primary on his console and his username/psn primary on mine? Is that correct?
Not entirely.

If the DLC is on your account, then make his PS4 your "primary" PS4. Then the other PS4 you can use your content when logged in on your main account on any PS4. Anyone on the primary PS4 can use your content. Hope that made sense.

Not entirely.

If the DLC is on your account, then make his PS4 your "primary" PS4. Then the other PS4 you can use your content when logged in on your main account on any PS4. Anyone on the primary PS4 can use your content. Hope that made sense.
Got it, thanks.

Bungie removed the part on the FAQ about the DLC being provided on codes. Does that mean the disc is going to unlock the content? Sure hope not. Really was hoping for the trade in miracle to happen

Some also speculated it just means that Bungie combined all of the codes into one, which I'd be fine with. My concern is that everyone on Destiny received the Taken King content on Tuesday, so I can really believe that a disc could exist for Taken King legendary that houses vanilla Destiny, and then an unlocking mechanism for the DLC. Really hope we find out soon.

Some also speculated it just means that Bungie combined all of the codes into one, which I'd be fine with. My concern is that everyone on Destiny received the Taken King content on Tuesday, so I can really believe that a disc could exist for Taken King legendary that houses vanilla Destiny, and then an unlocking mechanism for the DLC. Really hope we find out soon.
I still believe it will be a voucher. If not I will be mad..... As I have taken King preordered digitally, and my plan was to take the voucher from my Taken King console and then sell the disc.

Traded in my vanilla copy of Destiny during the Gamestop trade in bonus week for $20. Flipped that to Best Buy GC so basically paying $20 for both DLC's and The Taken King. Glad I never bought the DLC's like I wanted to. Only thing that sucks is I can't download the 18gb update since I don't currently have the game. 

I still believe it will be a voucher. If not I will be mad..... As I have taken King preordered digitally, and my plan was to take the voucher from my Taken King console and then sell the disc.
Can you please explain why you need the voucher from the Taken King console if you pre-ordered Taken King digitally? Wouldn't the digital version include the same thing as the voucher? Do you just mean that you are going to sell the voucher codes?

If the vouchers are separate, would anyone like to trade their Xbox One vouchers for my PS4 vouchers? I already own the DLC on PS4 and since I own both consoles, it makes better sense to have one of each instead of two of the same. Only problem would be the disc. Might have to see if Gamestop would let me do a swap with them for a preowned copy or I could check how much shipping would be on the disc (would just have to pack it well - probably in an old CD case).

Can you please explain why you need the voucher from the Taken King console if you pre-ordered Taken King digitally? Wouldn't the digital version include the same thing as the voucher? Do you just mean that you are going to sell the voucher codes?
I want the voucher for the exclusive collectors edition content, not the expansion. I did not buy that digitally as I didn't want to spend $20 on shaders and emotes.

bread's done
Back