Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddy enough, two I sent in Novemeber have already have their check approved. But five from October are still processing.

Anyway, I have three new ones for November now. Far Cry, NG Black, and Riviera.

[quote name='Zoglog']http://www.forbes.com/2005/12/14/gus-experian-pricegrabber-cx_cn_1214autofacescan05.html

looks like Pricegrabber has been aquired by Experian[/QUOTE]
As long as they stop screwing up my rebates, I don't care. I have ten that are still processing from two months ago, while I've received checks for rebates received after them (I'm gonna be pissed if they tell me I need to review them again), but luckily only one that said it hit the limit 5 (and one missing a UPC, ah well).

[quote name='botticus']As long as they stop screwing up my rebates, I don't care. I have ten that are still processing from two months ago, while I've received checks for rebates received after them (I'm gonna be pissed if they tell me I need to review them again), but luckily only one that said it hit the limit 5 (and one missing a UPC, ah well).[/QUOTE]

I doubt they handle thier own rebates processing. Like most companies they outsource it to another company.

[quote name='Zoglog']I doubt they handle thier own rebates processing. Like most companies they outsource it to another company.[/QUOTE]
True, but they still have a hand in it.

Thanks for bumping this, I had a question:

Has anyone had the need to try this after buying cart-only GBA games? I'm debating trying to submit with a UPC printed off one of the UPC websites, not sure if this would work or not.

[quote name='botticus']True, but they still have a hand in it.

Has anyone had the need to try this after buying cart-only GBA games? I'm debating trying to submit with a UPC printed off one of the UPC websites, not sure if this would work or not.[/QUOTE]

I used a couple of UPCs off a site for a couple of games I had traded in already. The reciept just says its preowned right? Shouldn't be any different than using a preowned console game. Granted I haven't gotten those rebates back yet...but haven't been told theres errors either.

I got my first two PG rebates today...even though they said they sent three on the same day. Anyone deal with that before? Probably just holiday mail backing things up.

Has anyone had the need to try this after buying cart-only GBA games? I'm debating trying to submit with a UPC printed off one of the UPC websites, not sure if this would work or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes - I have used a UPC from upcdatabase.com for a game for which I had already thrown out the box.

True, but if you've called in the lady usually has been pretty helpful in helping people sort out any issues they have with the Rebates. I think only one person on this forum has responded negatively towards her.

copied UPCS from printouts should be fine, I doubt they'd be able to discern the difference as long as you have a copy of your receipt too.

okay, maybe i'm an idiot, but where is the $5 bonus mentioned in the OP? i see where you can submit the review, but where is the rebate form? thanks. is it pdf or word document? i don't have a printer and i need to know whether to wait until i get to work to access a printer or not.

[quote name='gaelan']okay, maybe i'm an idiot, but where is the $5 bonus mentioned in the OP? i see where you can submit the review, but where is the rebate form? thanks. is it pdf or word document? i don't have a printer and i need to know whether to wait until i get to work to access a printer or not.[/QUOTE]
There should be a $5.00 Bonus link on the webpage, if the bonus is still available. When you click on it, you get a pop-up window that comes up, explaining about the rebate, with a link on the pop-up that says Request a bonus form. That should send it to the email address on file with Pricegrabber, when you registered with them. Which you have to do, to be able to get the rebates.

Example being here, which is for Far Cry Instincts:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2840679

Look for the $5.00 Bonus on the page, under Rebates & Special Offers. That'll be what you want to look for. If it's there, it's still available, if not, then 50 of them have been requested, they're not offering the rebate (yet), they've never offered a rebate on it (which being manufacturer-backed, could be the case) or they're done offering the rebate (which I've never seen happen).

Hope this helps.

Hey I've got two questions on PriceGrabber... it's been a while since I used them, so I thought maybe these issues have been figured out by now.

1. Does it cause problems if you print out a rebate form BEFORE you write a review? I've missed out on quite a few rebates because I waited until I was ready to review the game before I printed the forms out.

2. What's the final word on used games from EB? Last time I checked people were saying it's a YMMV type of thing. For people who got it to work - did you peel off the EB sticker and photocopy the original UPC, or was it ok to just photocopy the box as-is?

Thanks for any insight.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Hey I've got two questions on PriceGrabber... it's been a while since I used them, so I thought maybe these issues have been figured out by now.

1. Does it cause problems if you print out a rebate form BEFORE you write a review? I've missed out on quite a few rebates because I waited until I was ready to review the game before I printed the forms out.

2. What's the final word on used games from EB? Last time I checked people were saying it's a YMMV type of thing. For people who got it to work - did you peel off the EB sticker and photocopy the original UPC, or was it ok to just photocopy the box as-is?

Thanks for any insight.[/QUOTE]

I always take the sticker off the used EB games - or just take the slip cover out of the case completely.
They've never denied me a $5 rebate no matter where ive bought it. I bought 10 games 3 months ago from EB used that were $5 each just because there were rebates on each one =]

[quote name='BustaUppa']Hey I've got two questions on PriceGrabber... it's been a while since I used them, so I thought maybe these issues have been figured out by now.

Thanks for any insight.[/QUOTE]
I always request rebates as soon as I plan on buying the game. They're good for 3 months, so you have that much leeway. They don't have any problem as long as you write the review before your rebate is processed (I've written reviews after I've mailed the rebates before).

With used games, you will need to have the original UPC. I just slide the cover out of the case and copy it.

It was nice of them to protect the checks now. They're the ones you have to tear open, rather than just sending you a bunch of $5 postcards for anyone to find interest in.

[quote name='botticus']
It was nice of them to protect the checks now. They're the ones you have to tear open, rather than just sending you a bunch of $5 postcards for anyone to find interest in.[/QUOTE]

It seems to change daily. I just got one today that was mailed a week ago - it was a $5 postcard. Except for this one check, they are holding up a bunch of my other ones - I've had several stuck at "processing" since mid-Oct. This one that I got was a fluke one from late Nov. I have others submitted at the same time that are still processing though. And the last 4 I sent at the very end of Nov. haven't shown up on the web site at all (the last of my "no-limit" rebates). I am submitting my 5 for Dec right now and won't write the reviews until tonight or tomorrow - need to get them out in the mail and get a Dec postmark.

I emailed Pam about the still "processing" ones from Oct a few weeks ago. She said as long as they show no errors they are valid and I will get checks eventually.

As for using used games to get rebates - the thought never occured to me. I assumed they had to be new. Now you guys have opened up a whole new revenue stream for me! I was starting to run out of new game purchases to request rebate forms for - looks like my Jan. requests will be for a some used goodies. As for removing the EB stickers - well, I do that anyway as soon as I get home. But you really should remove the inserts to copy them anyway so it shouldn't be an issue - you need to show the "real" UPC - not EB's muckity-muck.

[quote name='io']
I emailed Pam about the still "processing" ones from Oct a few weeks ago. She said as long as they show no errors they are valid and I will get checks eventually.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have about a dozen still processing, emailed them a number of weeks ago, and was told they are all valid, so just to wait on it. But I have also received checks from rebates submitted after that in the interim.

[quote name='botticus']I always request rebates as soon as I plan on buying the game. They're good for 3 months, so you have that much leeway. They don't have any problem as long as you write the review before your rebate is processed (I've written reviews after I've mailed the rebates before).[/QUOTE]Thank you very much. That's how I'll do it from now on... as soon as I KNOW I'm getting a game I'll just go ahead and print the form out. Ha that would've turned a few of my "on-the-fence" TRU purchases into "no-brainers."

So they are still alive and kicking. The 4 I sent in at the end of November finally showed up on the rebate search - marked as received Dec. 14th. Now if they'd just start generating some checks from the ones that have been shown as processing for over a month! I have about 20 pending...

[quote name='io']So they are still alive and kicking. The 4 I sent in at the end of November finally showed up on the rebate search - marked as received Dec. 14th. Now if they'd just start generating some checks from the ones that have been shown as processing for over a month! I have about 20 pending...[/QUOTE]

Mine from the end of November just showed up too. I emailed them about it the other day, didn't get a response and got worried. They must have been on vacation.

I'm also having that deal with having recieved some from end of October but ones that I sent in the end of September.

I have about 12 pending

I sent in my first batch of rebates in late october(I think) and haven't heard back yet. is it typical for them to email you with a 'rebate denied' if it didn't meet specifications or is there any way to check progress? thanks.

I sent in 50 on Oct half of those were claimed to have been misubmitted. I emailed Pam, and she fixed all of those. I have since received the checks for all of the ones that they said were incorrectly submitted. But all the ones that they thought were kosher from the beginning have been, much like everyone else, sitting in processing.

Just got an e-mail saying that the ones I submitted at the end of October have finally been approved. Looks like they're getting caught up on everything.

[quote name='Warner1281']Just got an e-mail saying that the ones I submitted at the end of October have finally been approved. Looks like they're getting caught up on everything.[/QUOTE]

Same here... just got 12 emails from PG saying they have been approved.

I got couple of games that qualify for the rebate, however, they have been price adjusted by Toys "R" Us, so which receipt should I send it in? The very original one or price adjusted. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Hmm...is this over or something? Because I can't find any games that have the $5 bonus.

Am I looking in the wrong area?

[quote name='sabin23']Same here... just got 12 emails from PG saying they have been approved.[/QUOTE]

That's freaky - I also just got 12 emails saying they are going to send checks - and checking the rebate inquiry it appears to be all 12 that were remaining from October. Sweet...

As for the TRU receipts - use either, really doesn't matter. They don't seem to be too picky about receipts. Probably you should avoid one if it has been written on by the TRU people - just go with the cleaner, clearer one. After all, many of mine were from Target, on which the receipt just says "PS2 Software" or something generic like that, with Target's internal SKU instead of the game UPC. I tend to remove the entire game insert and photocopy that for the UPC, so I make sure that it is pretty clear that no matter the quality of the receipt, I definitely own the game :D. In about 40 or so submissions, I've never had a receipt or UPC issue. Though they have mispelled my name and address, and misplaced a few submissions, so don't expect them all to go through smoothly.

[quote name='.JPG']Hmm...is this over or something? Because I can't find any games that have the $5 bonus.

Am I looking in the wrong area?[/QUOTE]
Where are you looking for the rebate?

You search for your game in the appropriate section for your games and if there's a $5 bonus listed as a link next to the game, then it's eligible. It's not in the game's page, but in the search results page. There's many that have it the last time I checked.

Woohoo! 31 more checks coming my way.

Oh, and .jpg, make sure you're not going through the CAGgrabber links to try and find the rebates because for some reason they don't show up then.

Boo, only 10 checks on the way for me :p. But I still haven't cashed my last 5. Or written the reviews for the 5 I sent out last week... I should probably get on that tonight.

ditto - get notices about two of the october ones (the other 3 were falsely denied and got pprocessed faster - got the checks for those already)

[quote name='shipwreck']Woohoo! 31 more checks coming my way.

Oh, and .jpg, make sure you're not going through the CAGgrabber links to try and find the rebates because for some reason they don't show up then.[/QUOTE]

Still having no luck...

Could someone show me a DS game or some game that has the rebate so I know what it looks like?

[quote name='.JPG']Still having no luck...

Could someone show me a DS game or some game that has the rebate so I know what it looks like?[/QUOTE]

There aren't many DS games with rebates at the moment, as here's all there are:

Asphalt Urban GT
Spider-Man 2
Sprung
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

I'm working on a list of all current ones being offered, though the PC game section is rather large, so it's taking a little longer than I thought.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Nearly every Xbox 360 game now has a $5 Review rebate.[/QUOTE]
And still only crap DS games. Ah well.

[quote name='botticus']And still only crap DS games. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I think they stopped doing review rebates for new PC games. There hasn't been a single review rebate for a new PC game in about six months.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think they stopped doing review rebates for new PC games. There hasn't been a single review rebate for a new PC game in about six months.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I think CAG has been the cause of this. Not sure why I feel this way... (10 more checks are in the mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back