Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for anyone who got worried by this. I finally got an e-mail back from them saying that they'll have them reprocess them. So everything should be good now.

[quote name='Warner1281']I submitted 20 games sometime towards the end of August. They showed up on the rebates website last week as received on 8/29. Now that they are in the required service period step, they ALL say "error: Limit five rebates per person per month." However, every single one that was submitted did not have that restriction on it. Unfortunately, when I printed the forms, I only did the first page, so it cut off most of the restrictions. My question is... am I getting the error because they can't see the restrictions, or is this something they are doing to all submissions that are more than 5? If it is the later, then I think a number of you are going to be getting upset soon. Either way, I e-mailed pricegrabber and I'm sure I'll be hearing from them shortly. I'll keep you guys updated.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jboy']Does anybody need any UPCs ? PM me if interested. There's a few that I need as well.[/QUOTE]

I hope that isn't hinting towards some fradulent activity ;).

[quote name='Warner1281']Just an update for anyone who got worried by this. I finally got an e-mail back from them saying that they'll have them reprocess them. So everything should be good now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I submitted about 30 rebates and some were received on 8/29 and some on 9/2. Some had the check approved (maybe 13) and some were denied due to exceeding the 5 rebates per month (maybe 10) and the remainder were still being reviewed.

I have an old rebate form dated 8/17 which didn't have this 5 per month restriction, but the one dated 8/21 did have this restriction, so it must have been added sometime between these time frames.

I sent them a nasty e-mail about how this restriction was not in place when I printed them off and submitted the rebates. I'm hopeful that they'll do the same for me and reprocess the forms. This was such a chore to put these all together, I'll pissed if I don't get my dough.

I just got 5 e-mails for 5 rebates that are being processed that I sent in right at the end of August. As others have mentioned they must just be really busy and are processing all or most of the rebates at a speed that even a snail could beat :D

Well, I submitted 30 around the 20th of August. I had just about lost hope of ever seeing anything until I received 28 emails Wednesday saying they were received, and 28 emails yesterday saying they'd been processed. None were rejected, and I have 28 checks being mailed soon.

Thanks to those of you who wrote them. I'm sorry you had to go through the extra hassle, but you saved me from having to do the same.

I just went to the web address to check on the status of my rebates and the page came up as :

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

[quote name='Zoglog']I hope that isn't hinting towards some fradulent activity ;).[/QUOTE]

No, no. I just need a few Non-GH/GH UPCs since the numbers are completely different.

So Pre-Owned GBA games from EB (which rarely come w/ the actual box) are not good for this? Because there's no UPC since all you get is the cart in a little baggie.

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']So Pre-Owned GBA games from EB (which rarely come w/ the actual box) are not good for this? Because there's no UPC since all you get is the cart in a little baggie.[/QUOTE]
You need the UPC, so a cart-only copy is no good.

[quote name='electrictroy']Also, has anyone sent in expired forms? I've got three forms dated 9/30, so I'm just past the required date. Will they still accept them?[/QUOTE]

Anyone have an answer?

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']Anyone have an answer?

troy[/QUOTE]
There's an expiration date on them for a reason, it means you missed them and you'll have to see if you can get another form for those games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's an expiration date on them for a reason, it means you missed them and you'll have to see if you can get another form for those games.[/QUOTE]
I think once you request a form, that's it. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain it won't let you request a second form for the same game.

[quote name='botticus']I think once you request a form, that's it. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain it won't let you request a second form for the same game.[/QUOTE]

They won't .

Would a shipping status page showing my games that I bought being shipped count as a "Copy of the original receipt/invoice statement for the above product."

[quote name='cheapfrag']My 5 rebates from early September just showed up as received and are in the "Processing" stage...[/QUOTE]
Their website wasn't showing any updates for pretty much all of September, and in the last few days it's back up and running (was offline a few days back, see an earlier post from me), though now, the ones I sent in at the end of September are showing as received. Just need to double-check that none of them disappeared in the mail.

Well, this is strange. I had 15 rebates that showed up as received on 8/30 last week, but they have now dissappeared.

A second group I sent in was received on 9/15 and they are in the processing period now.

I'm somewhat worried about why the previous group is just not on the website now. I'll give it a couple of days, but I'm guessing I might have to call on this one to see what is going on.

Okay, my rebates that were recieved on 8/30 are back on the site now, but 4 out of the 15 say that there is an error because there is a limit of 5 rebates per person. Somebody that is processing the rebates didn't get the memo that if that requirement isn't on the form, then it doesn't apply. So 11 out of those 15 went through without a problem. I guess I'll have to call and get the other 4 straightened out.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, my rebates that were recieved on 8/30 are back on the site now, but 4 out of the 15 say that there is an error because there is a limit of 5 rebates per person. Somebody that is processing the rebates didn't get the memo that if that requirement isn't on the form, then it doesn't apply. So 11 out of those 15 went through without a problem. I guess I'll have to call and get the other 4 straightened out.[/QUOTE]

I just checked all the ones that showed up on 09/06 & 09/12 and they all had no errors, so that looks good so far.

Well, I'm guessing mine aren't on the website yet (I just sent them in the last week of September), but I have a feeling the search is gonna give me trouble. Living in an apartment, there's a number of ways they could list my address, which will make it difficult. And the help says to just put in your last name, zip and house number, which is all well and good, except my house number is only 3 digits, and it requires 4.

Does the email notifying you about your rebates take you directly to yours, or do you still have to search?

All I got to say is that my Amazon cellphone rebate took 6 months to get processed so I thinka 1-2 month turn around time is not that bad.

$85 here in rebates. I think pricegrabber is nuts to give away this money, but I'm happy!

Also got a $20 rebate from Logitech 'cause I bought a steering wheel! Sweet!

troy

Well, I just got a listing for a game I submitted in October. That's great and all, but the problem is 3 that I sent in September, about 3 weeks before this one, aren't showing up. And the number of emails I've gotten doesn't match up with the listings (I have 2 more emails than listings, but who knows which those refer to - could be 2 of my missing 3 or just newer ones in October). I REALLY wish they'd put the rebate form number in the "receive notice" emails they send...

Their synchronization of web update/email has always been off, so I'll see what happens over the next week. If they don't show up by then I'll have to resubmit those 3 since they expire end of October.

[quote name='electrictroy']Well, it's only $5. It's not worth getting stessed about.

troy[/QUOTE]

Well, 3 are missing, and I put in the work of the reviews, finding the old receipts, and everything. And besides, $15 is 3 cheap-ass games, man. If $5 (or $15) is nothing to you why are you on this site? :D Also, I'm hardly stressed - tough to tell that from an Internet posting - just need to make sure I'm on top of them so they don't tell me my forms expired when I sent them in a while ago.

[quote name='io']Well, 3 are missing, and I put in the work of the reviews, finding the old receipts, and everything. And besides, $15 is 3 cheap-ass games, man. [/QUOTE]

Yeah it did take time to write the reviews (or for me, copy from amazon.com), but I still wouldn't get stressed. If they sent me 30 checks and 3 were missing... (shrug)... no big deal. I still have $150 in my pocket.

troy

[quote name='io']Well, 3 are missing, and I put in the work of the reviews, finding the old receipts, and everything. And besides, $15 is 3 cheap-ass games, man. If $5 (or $15) is nothing to you why are you on this site? :D Also, I'm hardly stressed - tough to tell that from an Internet posting - just need to make sure I'm on top of them so they don't tell me my forms expired when I sent them in a while ago.[/QUOTE]
All mine that I submitted en-masse at the end of August are on the site, though none of my reviews I wrote are up on Pricegrabber. :shock:

[quote name='shrike4242']All mine that I submitted en-masse at the end of August are on the site, though none of my reviews I wrote are up on Pricegrabber. :shock:[/QUOTE]

While their rebate processing and site update/automatic emails are a little spotty, I have been very impressed with their customer service emails.

I sent an email about the 3 missing ones and I got a response within an hour. She found that one of them had been entered (by them) with an incorrect address. She says it will be fixed within 3-5 days. The others I may have to resubmit (but I will give it a a few days since it has only been 4 weeks).

I'm coming up on my first deadline - had I known how the deadlines worked when I first requested forms, I would have waited a few days. I got about 20 of them on July 29th. Had I just waited a few days I would have another month to take care of them :D. Submitted 3 last week, 3 more today, and will be doing another 7 later this week... THEN I have to start working on the November ones.

[quote name='io']I'm coming up on my first deadline - had I known how the deadlines worked when I first requested forms, I would have waited a few days. I got about 20 of them on July 29th. Had I just waited a few days I would have another month to take care of them :D. Submitted 3 last week, 3 more today, and will be doing another 7 later this week... THEN I have to start working on the November ones.[/QUOTE]
Ditto... I started getting them at the end of June, so I could have waited two days and just had a ton to do this month. But it's really for the best as I had 10 or 12 last month, and 18 this month. 30 in one go would not have been fun. I'll need to go into work this weekend and start copying all the receipts I haven't done yet, and my 15 UPCs.

Nothing showing up yet from submissions at the end of September, but I guess I really shouldn't be worried about that yet. Though I'm pretty sure they or I will have screwed up the address somehow with that apartment number.

I sent two envelopes with 6 each (12 total) within a week but they only approved 10 - stating that there's a 5 rebate limit. All of them were printed before the limit was introduced. But I'm not sweating it; I've gotten $95 already and expect another $95

So for those who still have a bunch to mail in, separate them to different envelopes. This has been one of the best deals and pricegrabber has done a great job with updating and getting the checks out.

I'm about to send off my first four rebates tomorrow but I was curious about the procedure, perhaps some of you that are more experienced can help me out?

I'm thinking of printing out the rebate form(the one I got via email) on one page(by shrinking to fit) to save paper/weight, would that be a problem? also, I don't have a real copy machine handy so I'm going to scan and print all my documents(reciepts and UPC codes) on my pc, will that be all right? also, when sending multiple rebates how do you guys handle packaging all corresponding forms together(UPC, receipt, form)? Do you guys just staple all three together per set? these are pretty silly questions, just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything or mess up the procedure.

thanks.

[quote name='jngx80']I sent two envelopes with 6 each (12 total) within a week but they only approved 10 - stating that there's a 5 rebate limit. All of them were printed before the limit was introduced. But I'm not sweating it; I've gotten $95 already and expect another $95
[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, I got 4 rejections because of the limit but I know I sent them in before the limit (the forms didn't have the limit rule on it either). They received 10 rebate forms on 8/29. I guess I should e-mail them

[quote name='sanjuro']I'm about to send off my first four rebates tomorrow but I was curious about the procedure, perhaps some of you that are more experienced can help me out?

I'm thinking of printing out the rebate form(the one I got via email) on one page(by shrinking to fit) to save paper/weight, would that be a problem? also, I don't have a real copy machine handy so I'm going to scan and print all my documents(reciepts and UPC codes) on my pc, will that be all right? also, when sending multiple rebates how do you guys handle packaging all corresponding forms together(UPC, receipt, form)? Do you guys just staple all three together per set? these are pretty silly questions, just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything or mess up the procedure.

thanks.[/QUOTE]

I print the rebate form on one page without shrinking (it loses the last two or three 'terms and conditions' but this has never been a problem). I then scan the UPC and receipt and print them together on one page. Then I staple the two pages together. Then I put it in a 9x12 envelope. Rinse and repeat.

In a weird coda to my last round of rebates (summary: submitted 30 rebates in August in one envelope, then within one week this month, received 28 processing and confirmation emails, followed within days by 28 checks) I received two postcards -- not emails, but actual postcards -- telling me that I had exceeded the five-per-month rule.

Given that two of the submissions had barely legible receipts, even after photoshop enhancements, and one receipt said the item was a gameboy game instead of a gamecube game (and I verified it was the correct receipt), I'm not going to sweat these two.

I better get cracking on my five for this month.

[quote name='sanjuro']I'm about to send off my first four rebates tomorrow but I was curious about the procedure, perhaps some of you that are more experienced can help me out?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yea, usually I only print the first page too, cutting off the last few lines... so that's not been a problem yet. I also scan the receipts and UPC and attach them to the form with a staple.

Finally had some rebates show up... 4 out of the first 10-12 I sent the last week of September. They just got entered yesterday, so I'm not worried about the others yet. And Pam at PriceGrabber was kinda enough to provide a direct link to my status page, which I can now bookmark rather than searching every time.

Think I'm gonna be spending an hour in the office tomorrow to copy the next 18 to send out (though I could have sworn I sent out some of my October rebates last month, hopefully everything will get posted soon so I can make sure before I waste time, effort, and postage on duplicate submissions)

My rebates from the end of Sept have finally showed up too.

When they say o nly 5 per month does that mean you can submit at the start of every new month? Or do you have to wait 30 days from whenever it is you sent you earlier batch?

Basically thier policy for 5 a month is that the 5 count starts at the beginning of the month and ends at the end of the month for the submission's postmark. For example you could postmark 5 rebate submissions for this month on OCT 28 and then on NOV 1 you could also submit 5 more. But then you would not be able to submit anymore until DEC 1. Hope this helps

[quote name='Zoglog']Basically thier policy for 5 a month is that the 5 count starts at the beginning of the month and ends at the end of the month for the submission's postmark. For example you could postmark 5 rebate submissions for this month on OCT 28 and then on NOV 1 you could also submit 5 more. But then you would not be able to submit anymore until DEC 1. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

[quote name='Zoglog']Basically thier policy for 5 a month is that the 5 count starts at the beginning of the month and ends at the end of the month for the submission's postmark. For example you could postmark 5 rebate submissions for this month on OCT 28 and then on NOV 1 you could also submit 5 more. But then you would not be able to submit anymore until DEC 1. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]
thanks, now I can send my other 5 in.

I read through most of this thread awhile back, but I just have a question now that people have had more experience and results with this, for something you got on ebay, will the paypal packing slip be good enough?

Thanks-

Got emails tonight for the 4 i sent at the end of Sept. gotta get 5 more ready for this month.

Just upgraded my motherboard, memory, and vid card too - $5 pricegrabber rebates for each of those too. Pretty snazzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back