Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PleasantOne']Thanks to the person that started this thread... I'm printing some forms out now. Did want to mention, though... at the bottom of this one I just printed, it says you are limited to 5 submissions per calendar month? I see a lot of you talking about sending in 15 or 20 at a time... so I assume this regulation is either a) invalid? or b) new? Can someone let me know?[/QUOTE]

Thank God I did it before they imposed that limit. Then again, I'm sure I'm a big cause of the limit to begin with...

[quote name='mkelehan']Thank God I did it before they imposed that limit. Then again, I'm sure I'm a big cause of the limit to begin with...[/QUOTE]

I still have a lot to send in that I've printed out that don't have that restriction. I'm hoping they'll still go through.

Whoa, new limit here, that's not good.

I bet it had something to do with my sending in $455 worth in a month and a halfs time =/

Hopefully they honor the ones that are already out.

-Adam

[quote name='PleasantOne']Thanks to the person that started this thread... I'm printing some forms out now. Did want to mention, though... at the bottom of this one I just printed, it says you are limited to 5 submissions per calendar month? I see a lot of you talking about sending in 15 or 20 at a time... so I assume this regulation is either a) invalid? or b) new? Can someone let me know?[/QUOTE]

This must be new, since ones I've had emailed to me in July don't have this restriction. I'm working on ones due in August as we speak, and there's quite a few more than 5 in this batch. A bunch more than 5 for those due in September, and 6 due in October. None of those have that restriction on the text of the forms.

It doesn't surprise me if they're starting to limit to 5 per month, since the CAG effect has brought this to their attention, without a question.

Damn, I've got like 20 more of the old forms that I printed (which don't have the limitations) but still haven't had time to mail in. And the deadlines are at the end of September. I'll have to send them separately or something and hopefully they don't notice.

[quote name='jngx80']Damn, I've got like 20 more of the old forms that I printed (which don't have the limitations) but still haven't had time to mail in. And the deadlines are at the end of September. I'll have to send them separately or something and hopefully they don't notice.[/QUOTE]

I've always sent them in seperately and never had an issue with it. As I was thinking of combining shipment on this batch, I think I'll err on the side of sending them in one per envelope and covering myself.

[quote name='shipwreck']I still have a lot to send in that I've printed out that don't have that restriction. I'm hoping they'll still go through.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling since the forms you get are "unique" to you, they'll abide by whatever restrictions are on them. Which really shouldn't end up causing much of a problem, unless you buy more than 5 qualifying games a month from now on (after we all get caught up with past purchases).

[quote name='alive741']
Hopefully they honor the ones that are already out.
[/QUOTE]

I just got confirmation last night that the 35 or so I sent in just finished processing, and I'll have my bonus checks within 2 -3 weeks, so they are still honoring the ones that are out.

I e-mailed pricegrabber last night asking them about the 5 rebate limit per a month as I have about 15ish rebates I was planning on sending out before the end of september all together in 1 envelope.

Here is my e-mail to them

Hi I had a question about your Product Review Bonus Program.

I had about 15 $5 Bonus Rebate forms I was going to send in during September all
together in one envelope. I noticed this line was added to the last 2 forms I got
about a week ago that wasen't in any of my rebate forms before.

7. You are allowed a total maximum of 5 submissions (for different products)per
calendar month (based on the postmark date) under this program. Without
limitation, we consider the same email or same address as one person.

I would think that this would only pertain to any rebates that have this step in
them & anything else requested before that would be exempt from the rule seeing
as the rebate was requested before this condition was in effect & is not
mentioned on the form. I just wanted to get clarification on this matter before
I decide to send in my rebate forms.

And the reply back I got

Our rebate program is now limited to 5 per person per a household per a month, as specified in the additional terms and conditions. Therefore, please only send up to 5 rebates for each month. If more than 5 rebate are submitted, the additional rebates will be rejected. This is effective immediately for all submissions received by the rebate center.

The last line is what really has me worried about older requests being rejected if you go over 5. I would have though that they wouldn't be enforcing the 5 rebate limit on forms requested in say June for example from before the limit rule was decided on & finalized but if I understand that correctly it's not going to be like that, assuming what I was told is correct. I decided to get 5 rebates sent out before Augest is up as if they will be only letting me do 5 a month even on older forms without this step 7. I did the math and figured I'd only be lossing out on 2 rebates starting up 5 a month for me in Augest and didn't want to risk having more not go though if I did try sending out more then 5 at once even if they don't have this new step 7 on them.

[quote name='alive741']
I bet it had something to do with my sending in $455 worth in a month and a halfs time =/
-Adam[/QUOTE]

Exactly lol =). I suppose the deal is not as appealing anymore but I guess u can still get up to $25 back a month for games you buy. Rebates on items are added based on popularity.

[quote name='Roufuss']I just got confirmation last night that the 35 or so I sent in just finished processing, and I'll have my bonus checks within 2 -3 weeks, so they are still honoring the ones that are out.[/QUOTE]

Good to know that they gave you the pass. The ones I have to send off tomorrow should be OK, plus the ones I have for September and October.

Why was this moved...?

Anyways, just received my 34 checks from Pricegrabber today... the bank is gonna love me tommorrow, but PG just paid for Dungeon Siege 2 AND Mario Baseball... how awesome is that!!

Too bad they are limiting it to 5 a month now. I would have rather seen the requirements go up for the review (say 50 words instead of 30) or make it 10 reviews a month rather than such a small limit per month. I just started working through my EBGames.com order history and wasn't even done with orders placed up to 2004 yet (unfortunately, EB's order histroy only goes back to 2002 so I couldn't look at orders I placed from 1998 - 2001). Looks like it will take a while to go through that backlog with the limit in place combined with rebates for games purchased more recently.

With the new rule, it's hard to get money for all the games we've already bought - you can only mail 5 at a time and hope that the form doesn't disappear next month. Now I'm caught with a bunch of games I bought throughout the summer with forms that need to be sent in by the end of September.

Hmm, after getting the e-mail that my checks would come in 2-3 weeks, my roommate informed me that they already arrived this week. I guess it's because we're only a few miles away, though they certainly didn't get there as quickly. I'll be taking them to the bank on Friday once I get back home.

Yeah sure it isn't as nice as it used to be, but you can always just do it once a month and eventually get through your library of games. But if you think about it, what do you expect them to do when people mail in 100 rebates at once =).

Well, I'm still pretty upset at Pricegrabber. I have emailed back and forth with them a couple times now and they are agreeing to honor any rebates for games that I have already written reviews for. I had already printed out a lot of rebate forms that I hadn't written reviews for yet, though. It upsets me that I am following every rule that they set forth, but they are not going to honor any of my rebates beyond the games I currently have reviewed. I still had a couple months to get reviews done and forms filled in according to their own stipulations. This is really poor on their part and I am still considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. There is no reason that they should not fulfill their end of the bargain if I am fulfilling mine. If other CAG's are outraged at this situation, I suggest emailing PriceGrabber about it. They are not honoring their end of the contract.

I can understand that this promotion must have cost them more than what they anticipated, but that is not my fault nor any CAGers fault. We were abiding by their rules.

If anyone knows anyone that would like to give legal advice on this situation, I would be interested in hearing it. I believe these rebate forms would constitute a contract, but I am not legal savvy enough to know for sure. I am potentially missing out on hundreds of dollars and spent many hours of my time downloading and printing rebates and making copies of my receipts and UPC's.

I just recieved my first rebate from reviewing PingPals. I also did one for Getaway:Black Monday and am still waiting for it.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I'm still pretty upset at Pricegrabber. I have emailed back and forth with them a couple times now and they are agreeing to honor any rebates for games that I have already written reviews for. I had already printed out a lot of rebate forms that I hadn't written reviews for yet, though. It upsets me that I am following every rule that they set forth, but they are not going to honor any of my rebates beyond the games I currently have reviewed. I still had a couple months to get reviews done and forms filled in according to their own stipulations. This is really poor on their part and I am still considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. There is no reason that they should not fulfill their end of the bargain if I am fulfilling mine. If other CAG's are outraged at this situation, I suggest emailing PriceGrabber about it. They are not honoring their end of the contract.

I can understand that this promotion must have cost them more than what they anticipated, but that is not my fault nor any CAGers fault. We were abiding by their rules.

If anyone knows anyone that would like to give legal advice on this situation, I would be interested in hearing it. I believe these rebate forms would constitute a contract, but I am not legal savvy enough to know for sure. I am potentially missing out on hundreds of dollars and spent many hours of my time downloading and printing rebates and making copies of my receipts and UPC's.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Getting all the PG rebates I have outstanding, without the 5 submissions per month at the bottom of the form into them ASAP.

The one I pulled down today has the limitation on the form's legal text, the previous ones going back from May to July's request dates don't have the limitation. That's the text I'm going to follow and expect them to follow-up on when I send them in.

The new ones, from this point forward, that's a different matter.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sounds like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Getting all the PG rebates I have outstanding, without the 5 submissions per month at the bottom of the form into them ASAP.

The one I pulled down today has the limitation on the form's legal text, the previous ones going back from May to July's request dates don't have the limitation. That's the text I'm going to follow and expect them to follow-up on when I send them in.

The new ones, from this point forward, that's a different matter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, dammit, I just started all this PG stuff in the last month and found what I THOUGHT would be a veritable treasure trove since I'm compulsive about keeping old receipts :D.

I can tell you EXACTLY when the new wording went it, because I've been requesting forms all month. We might be OK for August because the wording changed mid-month. On August 16th I got a rebate form with the 10 restrictions (no limit mentioned). On August 20th I got one with the 11 restrictions (with the limit of 5 mentioned).

Before I noticed this I had been printing them so that the restrictions were cut off of the form - the last few I sent in I have been shrinking the page so all TEN of the restictions show on my older form - with no mention of the limit. I would hope this would be enough.

I had sent 3 in early August and have sent 5 more since then. I've gotten confirmation emails for 4, and 3 show up in my rebate inquiry. I have about 50 more to do, all before end of October or November. Now, if I'm lucky, they will take the 8 I sent in and I can do 15 more by end of November. If I'm REALLY lucky they will honor the pre-limitation forms and I can get almost all but the last few I requested. I wouldn't mind the 5 per month going forward, but I'd like to get my backlog done first.

I'll be waiting anxiously for the 8 I have out to show up on the inquiry...

If you send more than five in per month at this point they will not honor them. It doesn't matter if they are the old forms or not. This is absolutely ridiculous and very poor business practice. So, don't expect them to accept your perfectly valid rebates. Email PriceGrabber and complain.

Well, I for one am not angry at Pricegrabber...at all. I can't believe this deal worked the way it did for so long. I bought a ridiculous amount of cheap games, and either made money after the rebate, broke even, or spent a dollar or two on more than 50 games. I sent in 65 rebates in one envelope to save on shipping, they honored everything. They finally put a limitation of 5 per month on it, and they're still honoring all the ones I have outstanding as far as I can tell...

They probably lost a ton of money between myself and two or three other select CAGers that I saw writing as many reviews as I did. And I'm happier than a pig in shit that they're at least continuing the deal even with the limitation.

-Adam

[quote name='alive741']Well, I for one am not angry at Pricegrabber...at all. I can't believe this deal worked the way it did for so long. I bought a ridiculous amount of cheap games, and either made money after the rebate, broke even, or spent a dollar or two on more than 50 games. I sent in 65 rebates in one envelope to save on shipping, they honored everything. They finally put a limitation of 5 per month on it, and they're still honoring all the ones I have outstanding as far as I can tell...

They probably lost a ton of money between myself and two or three other select CAGers that I saw writing as many reviews as I did. And I'm happier than a pig in shit that they're at least continuing the deal even with the limitation.

-Adam[/QUOTE]

You'd be angry if they had decided to change the rules just before you sent in that envelope with 65 rebates.

[quote name='shipwreck']If you send more than five in per month at this point they will not honor them. It doesn't matter if they are the old forms or not. This is absolutely ridiculous and very poor business practice. So, don't expect them to accept your perfectly valid rebates. Email PriceGrabber and complain.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I plan to.

I'm going to hold them to task on what's printed on the form, which is what I agreed to and expect them to honor. If not, then I'm going to complain quite directly.

Every single one I have that has the old wording on it, save one which I can't find the game for and I'm pretty sure I know where it is, has been mailed off either yesterday (for the 08/31 postmark, 27 total) or today (for the 09/30 postmark or 10/31 postmark, 28 total). The ones sent out yesterday should lump into August's submissions and the ones from today should lump into September's submissions. Each one of them sent in individual envelopes (which how I've done them in the past and never, ever had an issue with acceptance).

Since I'm clearning the deck with all I have outstanding and can coast through what I haven't sent in between October and November, if they cover these ones like the text on the rebate forms says they should. That if being the big thing, of course.

[quote name='alive741']Well, I for one am not angry at Pricegrabber...at all. I can't believe this deal worked the way it did for so long. I bought a ridiculous amount of cheap games, and either made money after the rebate, broke even, or spent a dollar or two on more than 50 games. I sent in 65 rebates in one envelope to save on shipping, they honored everything. They finally put a limitation of 5 per month on it, and they're still honoring all the ones I have outstanding as far as I can tell...

-Adam[/QUOTE]
See, that's the problem. They have rebate forms from sometime before the 25th of last month that say one thing, and their site saying another. That's borderline bait-and-switch, first saying as late as the 16th (from what io says above) that there isn't a limit on quantity, save the 1 rebate per person limitation, and now saying that they can only do 5 per month. You can't change an agreement mid-stream because it's costing money, when the text of the agreement you're working off of doesn't have this secondary limitation on it. Nor does it say that "Pricegrabber can change the terms of this promotion at any time." They're on shaky ground for not honoring the ones that don't have the 5 per month limitation on it and I'm sure the outcry will be a bit ugly.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sounds like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Getting all the PG rebates I have outstanding, without the 5 submissions per month at the bottom of the form into them ASAP.[/QUOTE]

How many do you have to send in from now to about the end of November, December? I actaully decided to start doing my rebates left up in fives starting at the end up August. I figured it's better to lose 2 then worry about if I'm gonna lose about a dozen since from what I was told it sounded as if they were gonna enforce the 5 per a month rule even if you requested the rebate from before they started putting that rule on the forms sometime in August.

Edit: I guess you got most of your rebates in queue sent out. I should have read all the posts before I decided to post this :D

[quote name='FOnewearl']How many do you have to send in from now to about the end of November, December? I actaully decided to start doing my rebates left up in fives starting at the end up August. I figured it's better to lose 2 then worry about if I'm gonna lose about a dozen since from what I was told it sounded as if they were gonna enforce the 5 per a month rule even if you requested the rebate from before they started putting that rule on the forms sometime in August.

Edit: I guess you got most of your rebates in queue sent out. I should have read all the posts before I decided to post this :D[/QUOTE]

I normally do 'em at the end of the period, so that way I'm not mass dumping on them, and so far, it's been working without issue, including sending each in with its own envelope.

My bitch about this issue is that they're changing the wording on the forms coming out now to display the 5 per month limit, which isn't the issue, though enforcing it on forms that don't have the 5 per month limit, now that's what I'm complaining about. The submission I'm sending in is what I agreed to do, and should be what dictates the acceptance and processing of them, not this "5 per month" limit that they chose to put on there. It's their right to change the promotion as they see fit, though they can't change the acceptance of items that were covered under different terms.

It's true that they should honor the rebate forms downloaded up to the point the wording was actually changed. However calling it "bait and switch" is going a bit overboard. Pricegrabber doesn't necessarily make you buy anything in order to get the rebate and it's not like you can't just send 5 or so every month. Maybe on the provisional basis you can request to send in maybe 30 a month or something for special circumstances where you had the old forms printed. I've only sent in rebates individually about 5 times so it isn't really a big issue for me.

Ha... been deleting the subscription email since I figure I read all the threads in VGD... just realized it was moved.

Anyway, don't think I saw anyone say this in the last couple pages but...

PG should not be losing more money than they expected. Maybe its not going to as many different people, but who cares? There was a reason they had a 50 rebate limit per game listed. So they knew what their maximum was. I don't see why it matters to them if I send in 15 rebates for 15 different games, or if 15 people send in a rebate for one game. Essentially, they didn't think through their maximum well enough so now they're limiting the few people who send a lot.

Very dumb.

And of course, I've put off doing any that I've requested in the last three months cause I'm lazy. So I have probably ten or so that are due to be postmarked by the end of September. Only thing I can hope is that I send in a bunch in the next week or so, and then wait till the 30th to ship out another 5. We'll see.

Well I just asked them about this and apparently they WILL honor all rebates downloaded before they added the 5 limit was added to the form.

"PriceGrabber has come to the decision that all rebate forms downloaded before the limitation was added will be eligible. Please note that they must be mailed before the postmarked deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me back and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you"

Good news for those of you out there with those downloaded forms, I recommend you don't slack off and mail them before the deadline just in case =)

[quote name='Zoglog']"PriceGrabber has come to the decision that all rebate forms downloaded before the limitation was added will be eligible. Please note that they must be mailed before the postmarked deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me back and sorry for the inconvenience.

[/QUOTE]

Sweeet. Now, that is a good business decision (listen up, EB!). I now withdraw any initial resentment for PG, and am perfectly okay with their restrictions when posted on the form.

Behold the power of CAG.

That's good that they're honoring the rebate forms without the limit, though I sent all of mine in in mid-July so I'm not affected by this with not many game purchases since then. i expect that to change this fall with the increased game flow and possibility to get an extra $5 off of new games off of already discounted prices. We should look into getting a list in the OP so that people interested can see what's up for rebates right now and what has expired and such. Though I guess that would be a good addition for the new thread if this is getting closed in 20 or so posts.

[quote name='Zoglog']Well I just asked them about this and apparently they WILL honor all rebates downloaded before they added the 5 limit was added to the form.

"PriceGrabber has come to the decision that all rebate forms downloaded before the limitation was added will be eligible. Please note that they must be mailed before the postmarked deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me back and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you"

Good news for those of you out there with those downloaded forms, I recommend you don't slack off and mail them before the deadline just in case =)[/QUOTE]

This is very good news! Thanks! Just a little paranoia on that last line of yours. I don't have to hurry and mail them all ASAP do I? Just by the dates ON the forms as I downloaded them, right? Some of my "qualifying" forms still aren't due till end of November. I don't want to rush them all, because unlike SOME people (no one specific from CAG - just random reviews I read), I like to take my time and write half-decent reviews. But I WILL rush them all if they come up with some arbitrary deadline.

It also sucks that this policy change has taken place at the same time that they seem to have gotten slow with the email verifications and online status posting. My first 3 went up pretty quick (from before they changed the policy) but my last 5 have been in limbo.

[quote name='Zoglog']Well I just asked them about this and apparently they WILL honor all rebates downloaded before they added the 5 limit was added to the form.

Thank you"

Good news for those of you out there with those downloaded forms, I recommend you don't slack off and mail them before the deadline just in case =)[/QUOTE]

This is very good news! Thanks! Just a little paranoia on that last line of yours. I don't have to hurry and mail them all ASAP do I? Just by the dates ON the forms as I downloaded them, right? Some of my "qualifying" forms still aren't due till end of November. I don't want to rush them all, because unlike SOME people (no one specific from CAG - just random reviews I read), I like to take my time and write half-decent reviews. But I WILL rush them all if they come up with some arbitrary deadline. I mean, don't you have to mail them by the deadline anyway?? Or were they slack about this in the past?

It also sucks that this policy change has taken place at the same time that they seem to have gotten slow with the email verifications and online status posting. My first 3 went up pretty quick (from before they changed the policy) but my last 5 have been in limbo.

Yes, I just got an email from PriceGrabber as well saying that all forms downloaded before they changed the rules will still be honored as long as they are still in by the deadlines on the forms. I am very happy that PriceGrabber decided to do the right thing on this one.

no lol, just make sure you mail them according to the rules on the form you downloaded which would be the postmark date on the bottom. But just don't procrastinate until you forget to mail them by the postmark date if u know what I mean. I''m sure we've all been there.

[quote name='Zoglog']no lol, just make sure you mail them according to the rules on the form you downloaded which would be the postmark date on the bottom. But just don't procrastinate until you forget to mail them by the postmark date if u know what I mean. I''m sure we've all been there.[/QUOTE]

OK, that's what I thought... I just started all this PG business end of July, so I have yet to come close to any deadlines (I have a few that are end of October). The only thing that would hold me back is that I got some forms for games I haven't played yet. Those are the ones I'll put off till the end so I have time to play them enough for a review.

However, I am IMMENSELY glad that I signed up and downloaded a bunch of forms in early August. I think I only have 3 or 4 with the new restriction on them. Just to be safe, I will be mailing those in late November after every one of the other ones. I guess now the trick is to pick only 5 games per month to request from here on out.

Good to know that they came to their senses on this one and will process the forms w/o the 5 per month limit as submitted. That way, I know that all the ones I shipped in won't be an issue and to count carefully from this point forward.

Damn, just when I realize this exsists and read the first couple posts and get juiced up about getting a shit load of money, i read the last page to see there's now a limit :( ah well.

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']Damn, just when I realize this exsists and read the first couple posts and get juiced up about getting a shit load of money, i read the last page to see there's now a limit :( ah well.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can still request 20 forms right now - and send them in 5 a month between now and December. $100 might not be a "shit load" but it will pay for a bunch of cheap-ass games...

I got out all my forms for games that i could review, i have about 3 left...i dont expect to buying more than 5 games that have a $5 bonus a month now, so its all good

[quote name='shrike4242']though enforcing it on forms that don't have the 5 per month limit, now that's what I'm complaining about. The submission I'm sending in is what I agreed to do, and should be what dictates the acceptance and processing of them, not this "5 per month" limit that they chose to put on there. It's their right to change the promotion as they see fit, though they can't change the acceptance of items that were covered under different terms.[/QUOTE]

I agree I though it was wasen't right since I don't see how it wouldn't be their fault if it was too many rebates for them to handle or too many at once.

I think I will send in an extra two rebates in September in hopes of getting seven in this month since I only have my 2 latest forms with the 5 limit on them.

I almost shit myself, yesterday I ordered 3x games XII/Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy/Gladius with the explicit intent of taking advantage of each of them having a $5 bonus. Then I went and instead of going through the gamecub section I used the "Search" engine to find them, and none had the bonus...so I thought "Shit they didn't just change it did they!" But to my relief it turns out that apparently using the search function hides and $5 bonuses, and they're still there if you manually go to VideoGames>Gamecube>Games or whatever.

I just noticed that my rebates have two different options after 'required service period'. Many of them say 'Approval' and then "Mailing" while a few say "Check Approval (which just turned to Check Approved" and "check mailed".

Anyone had their rebates in the former category (w/Approval and Mailing) and still recieved their rebate check?

Hmm I don't get why this was moved over here from Video Game deals. It's not like the deal is entirely dead, u can still get $25 a month back if possible for just writing a review. Something people tend to do for free anyway.

Also updated the OP to reflect changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back