Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='evophile']I read through most of this thread awhile back, but I just have a question now that people have had more experience and results with this, for something you got on ebay, will the paypal packing slip be good enough?

Thanks-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used a paypal reciept once and it worked.

[quote name='shipwreck']I sent in 82 rebates today. That's the last of the ones I have without the 5 per month restriction.[/QUOTE]
And here I think that the 13 last month and 16 this month were a lot. Only took about a month to get the checks issued for 11 of my first 13. Not too bad. Just waiting on those to ship and the other two to get processed.

[quote name='botticus']And here I think that the 13 last month and 16 this month were a lot. Only took about a month to get the checks issued for 11 of my first 13. Not too bad. Just waiting on those to ship and the other two to get processed.[/QUOTE]
I sent in 57 from the end of August, and still have no further progress on them. Still the same situation, in progress.

[quote name='botticus']And here I think that the 13 last month and 16 this month were a lot. Only took about a month to get the checks issued for 11 of my first 13. Not too bad. Just waiting on those to ship and the other two to get processed.[/QUOTE]
I sent in 57 from the end of August, and still have no further progress on them. Still the same situation, in progress.

I sent in 28 w/ Delivery Confirmation Aug. 25th, got there Aug 27th, they have no record of it what so ever...called them, said I could resubmit but nothing they could do. I'm annoyed, and trying to find SOME recourse =/

I could've sworn I posted about this sunday night after I dropped them off, but whatever. I mailed off my 5 for the month on Sunday, which I'd like to get back before Christmas, but judging from how long it took last time I'd say I'd get them back before I get back home from break. :)

[quote name='alive741']I sent in 28 w/ Delivery Confirmation Aug. 25th, got there Aug 27th, they have no record of it what so ever...called them, said I could resubmit but nothing they could do. I'm annoyed, and trying to find SOME recourse =/[/QUOTE]

That's fucking horseshit. They just didn't want to pay you $140 bucks... and if they don't want to, why have the offer available.

I'd make a photocopy of the delivery confirmation and send it to them with a lengthy letter in which you point out that they recieved your reviews and lost them. Their fault -- not yours.

[quote name='Brak']That's fucking horseshit. They just didn't want to pay you $140 bucks... and if they don't want to, why have the offer available.

I'd make a photocopy of the delivery confirmation and send it to them with a lengthy letter in which you point out that they recieved your reviews and lost them. Their fault -- not yours.[/QUOTE]
I would do what Brak says, photocopy the DC and send it into them.

I'd also give them a call:
[quote name='From Pricegrabber website']Who do I call for help submitting my bonus offer? What if I have questions?

Answer: If you have any questions regarding this bonus offer, please email [email protected] or call (310) 736-0030 x296 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT on weekdays.[/quote]

I called them, that's what the bitch said. She sent me an e-mail telling me how to resubmit and blah blah blah..

Too bad half the games have been traded in, etc. She said on the phone "delivery confirmation doesn't mean we actually received it, it just means it was delivered to somewhere, not to pricegrabber."

All I can prove is that I purchased the games, requested the forms, did the reviews, sent them a package, and have completed many other rebates. I'm not sure if I have much recourse. Here's the e-mail:

Dear Adam xxxx,

As per our conversation on the phone, here is how to look up your PriceGrabber Bonus Rebate information.

Look up you information at www.web-rebates.com/pricegrabber:

In each submission page, you will find the Bonus number.
Example:
Bonus Number: 6922694-969682

Paste the first part of each bonus number at the end of this URL:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=

So it will look like this:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=6922694

Please let me know if you have any additional quesitons.

Thank you,

Pam

--
Pam Santatikul
PriceGrabber.com
Rebates and Promotions
Tel: 310-954-1040 x 296
[email protected]

[quote name='alive741']I sent in 28 w/ Delivery Confirmation Aug. 25th, got there Aug 27th, they have no record of it what so ever...called them, said I could resubmit but nothing they could do. I'm annoyed, and trying to find SOME recourse =/[/QUOTE]

Sent in 47 at the end of September, and they still arent on the site. She also told me to resubmit them. Screw that, thats alot of copying again. I have the Delivery Confirmation as well.

[quote name='alive741']I called them, that's what the bitch said. She sent me an e-mail telling me how to resubmit and blah blah blah..

[/QUOTE]

Hey, lay off my babe Pam :D. Seriously, though, it sucks that they would lose so many submissions, but there definitely seems to have been 'issues' there around the end of Aug. - late Sept. They lost a few of mine as well, and Pam told me to fax them in. I did this at about 2 am Pacific time and they were up on the rebate search list within 1/2 hour. I was very impressed. Also, Pam has always written me back wihin the hour during business times. They could very well have NOT had any customer service at all for this stuff and we'd really be screwed. I had one of those crappy-assed Fry's rebates that I sent in 3 times - after each time they never had any record I had sent it. Finally had to eat the cost, and it was for some stupid screen saver software that I NEVER would have bought without the rebate. DON'T do rebates at Fry's!

My latest PriceGrabber problem was that one (out of about 15) of my October submissions showed up with the "5 per month" error even though I downloaded it before that. She responded promptly and told me it would be reprocessed within 5 business days.

They've also done a few wacky things like enter my name wrong or switch address numbers around (which of course means you don't see the rebates when you search). Pam fixed all those issues for me as well.

They seem to be MUCH faster with the processing these days though. I have ones I sent in just a week or two ago showing up in the search now (as opposed to that Aug/Sept time when they took 6 weeks).

So, that's 3 of us, and its all "lost in the mail"

My fucking nuts. I wonder if we have any recourse what-so-ever...my girlfriend is 3rd year law school, I think I'll ask her when she gets home, just to see if she knows anything.

Also I sent in 5 in 1 package in September, and only 4 are listed.

Well, one thing I learned is that you need to hold on to the receipts and games (or at least another copy of the UPC) for resubmission in case the first ones don't show up. So if you want to trade in something in the meantime, be sure to make another copy of the UPC - or just make 2 of everything the first time (though that is probably a waste).

At least when you resubmit you can just fax them, so you keep the second copy (in case you need to send it a third time!). Actually, I'm wondering if they will take fax submissions for the initial one as well? That would be much easier for me than mailing them anyway.

As for your one that is missing, just ask Pam about that specifically. That is how she found one of mine that was entered with the wrong address. Also, I had been looking through the emails they send when they get your submission and noticed that my last name was misspelled on 2 - when I searched with the incorrect name they showed up. I was just about to resubmit those because I thought they were lost as well. I didn't bother fixing those since the name is close enough and I shouldn't have a problem getting the checks or cashing them.

I tend to send 2 in at a time. I have had one show up on the rebate search weeks after the other. So yours might still show up, but if they are from Sept. it is probably worth resubmitting (just via fax).

[quote name='io']
As for your one that is missing, just ask Pam about that specifically. That is how she found one of mine that was entered with the wrong address. Also, I had been looking through the emails they send when they get your submission and noticed that my last name was misspelled on 2 - when I searched with the incorrect name they showed up. I was just about to resubmit those because I thought they were lost as well. I didn't bother fixing those since the name is close enough and I shouldn't have a problem getting the checks or cashing them.

I tend to send 2 in at a time. I have had one show up on the rebate search weeks after the other. So yours might still show up, but if they are from Sept. it is probably worth resubmitting (just via fax).[/QUOTE]
I tell you what, Pam must be busy answering emails from CAGs.

I wouldnt' worry too much about the status updates themselves. Of the 13 I have submitted, 11 of them are approved, and two are still pending. A week later. So they can just be extremely slow at times. But as io said, if you haven't gotten any status for ones from September, you should resubmit. I sent mine in the last week of September and they've all been online for a couple weeks.

[quote name='alive741']I called them, that's what the bitch said. She sent me an e-mail telling me how to resubmit and blah blah blah..[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you have to go out and call some CSR a bitch when they are trying to be helpful. I understand you might be upset since you didn't get your rebates but there's no reason to go insulting people just trying to do thier job. That's just plain rude.

Why do all of you let them pile up? Did you buy the games within a small timeframe, like a few days or a week? By no means am I taking pricegrabber's side through this post, but when I forget or put off my submissions it never goes over 4-5 games. I would check with the post office and find out if the DC coincides with where they actually delivered and if it matches the Mesa, AZ address on the form then they should have to uphold the rebate.

I let mine "pile" up because I did buy everything at once, within weeks. Mostly cheap games off EB so that with the $5 rebate, they would be free or a few bucks. This was before the 5 rebate limit so I thought I had nothing to worry about.

I've sent rebates probably more than 6 times and they always received mine; I don't even use delivery confirmation because it doesn't really do anything - if the post office misreads the address, they'll still confirm the delivery. So make sure the address is printed large and neatly.

So they're willing to override the limit for the old rebates if we email them about it?

Checked under a different spelling. They received all of mine on 10/25/05

Of 58, 32 are hosed on their end.
10 are "5 per month" violations, and they claim the other 22 have no upcs. Thank god I have copies of all that crap.

I sent Pam an email with the tracking numbers of rebates they messed up and why, along with a .pdf of the "missing" upcs. We'll see how that works out.

Well, for those of us that they're saying the rebates are "lost in the mail" even with the delivery confirmation, we're out of luck. There's nothing that can be done unless you do what the CSR said and have copies of all your stuff. Basically it would take me MUCH more time than its worth to even figure out which games are missing, then hope I still have them all. It's not worth it.

Alive741 - $145 = sad.

I got an email back form Pam and she says she's fixed the problem, and it could take a week for it to reflect on the status page. Hopefully she's right.

Alive741: Do you still have your receipts? What upcs do you need?
I'd also check under several different iterations of your name, just in case they botched it.

I'm curious about what point I should send a WTF? email to them.

I have one that's dated being received on 08/03/05 that still shows as in-process.

The other 57 ones, I show 56 of them as being received as of 09/06/05, and one as of 09/12/05.

At what point have people been emailing them for updates when it seems like they're "stuck" at that the "requested service period" point? 8 weeks? 12 weeks?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm curious about what point I should send a WTF? email to them.

I have one that's dated being received on 08/03/05 that still shows as in-process.

The other 57 ones, I show 56 of them as being received as of 09/06/05, and one as of 09/12/05.

At what point have people been emailing them for updates when it seems like they're "stuck" at that the "requested service period" point? 8 weeks? 12 weeks?[/QUOTE]

Same, one of my rebates has been stuck at the "required service period" stage for about 2 months now.

[quote name='Drensch']I only just submitted(as you can see), but I don't think it would hurt to email, and ask.[/QUOTE]
Well, I did a bit more looking, and hope that I'm wrong. :|

I noticed that the review for the one rebate I sent in late July was there.

The 56 reviews for the ones I sent in late August aren't there. :whistle2:s They did have some site problems for 3-4 days in early September, so I'm hoping that they didn't go poof, since that was more than a few hours worth of work to do all those reviews. :shock:

I sent 'em an email and let them know about the ones in process, plus the lack of reviews for the 56 ones.

I dare but wonder about the response that email should generate. :whistle2:s

Follow-up:
After a few emails back and forth, it looks like they never received any of my reviews. :whistle2:s

I have to go back and take care of getting them all done. Lovely. :wall::wall::wall: At least they did email me and let me know the #'s for them, so it's a copy and paste scenario to get them all done.

I just got an email saying Pricegrabber has recieved my rebates.

I sent out a first batch end of Sept, and it just went from "processing" to "required service period".

I sent out a second batch end of Oct that hasn't been on the site yet but they should have them by now. However it doesn't show up in web-rebates check.

This is the first time I got an email from them about recieving my rebates. My question is: is that email regarding the first or second set?

I'm only concerned because the second set hasn't shown up on the site, but then again I sent it only about 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, I did a bit more looking, and hope that I'm wrong. :|

I noticed that the review for the one rebate I sent in late July was there.

The 56 reviews for the ones I sent in late August aren't there. :whistle2:s They did have some site problems for 3-4 days in early September, so I'm hoping that they didn't go poof, since that was more than a few hours worth of work to do all those reviews. :shock:

I sent 'em an email and let them know about the ones in process, plus the lack of reviews for the 56 ones.

I dare but wonder about the response that email should generate. :whistle2:s

Follow-up:
After a few emails back and forth, it looks like they never received any of my reviews. :whistle2:s

I have to go back and take care of getting them all done. Lovely. :wall::wall::wall: At least they did email me and let me know the #'s for them, so it's a copy and paste scenario to get them all done.[/QUOTE]
I remember seeing one or two of your reviews when submitting mine, so that sucks that you have to redo them. I'm guessing you're not going to be taking your time this time around, right? ;) Good luck with that.

[quote name='evophile']I just got an email saying Pricegrabber has recieved my rebates.

I sent out a first batch end of Sept, and it just went from "processing" to "required service period".

I sent out a second batch end of Oct that hasn't been on the site yet but they should have them by now. However it doesn't show up in web-rebates check.

This is the first time I got an email from them about recieving my rebates. My question is: is that email regarding the first or second set?

I'm only concerned because the second set hasn't shown up on the site, but then again I sent it only about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Since you say you didn't get any before, then this should be the first set. I didn't get the e-mails for my set for over a month after I sent them in, even though they're maybe a few minutes away from here. They like to take they're time to do these things, so they other set should be up by the end of the month or so.

I just received an e-mail yesterday regarding my rebate that was "stuck" at a certain stage.

They told me that the bonus offer # was wrong and that they would mail out my rebate and update the status of my web-rebate page within a week.

evophile, I would predict that the e-mail you got was the older/first batch, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for my rebates to be posted at web-rebates.com.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Since you say you didn't get any before, then this should be the first set. I didn't get the e-mails for my set for over a month after I sent them in, even though they're maybe a few minutes away from here. They like to take they're time to do these things, so they other set should be up by the end of the month or so.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='menikmati']evophile, I would predict that the e-mail you got was the older/first batch, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for my rebates to be posted at web-rebates.com.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks guys!

[quote name='shrike4242']After a few emails back and forth, it looks like they never received any of my reviews. :whistle2:s I have to go back and take care of getting them all done. Lovely. :wall::wall::wall: [/QUOTE]

That sucks!

Man I'm beginning to realize how lucky I was. I sent in ~$100 worth or reviews at the end of August, and got back the checks, with no hassle at all. If I had to go back and rewrite all those reviews, I think I'd just say "screw it". There's a certain point where the amount of work is not worth $5.

Gotta love having 11 checks mailed on 11/14 and arriving in your mailbox on 11/14. Still waiting on 2 from that batch to even get approved, will have to email about that. And the ten I sent at the end of October have been received.

has pricegrabber done any rebates for new games? i haven't seen a $5 bonus offer for any games released in the last couple months

[quote name='Wario64']has pricegrabber done any rebates for new games? i haven't seen a $5 bonus offer for any games released in the last couple months[/QUOTE]
Haha, well, part of that might be that a few months ago they started paying out ten times what they used to be, so they probably stopped adding games. But even when this all first started, I don't think they had a ton of recent releases with rebates.

What did you guys do to get them to honor the rest of your pending rebates? I got a couple of them but i still have 5 or 6 that have been pending from May and July.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped adding new rebates, though I'm surprised they still have them up for some older games.

[quote name='electrictroy']That sucks!

Man I'm beginning to realize how lucky I was. I sent in ~$100 worth or reviews at the end of August, and got back the checks, with no hassle at all. If I had to go back and rewrite all those reviews, I think I'd just say "screw it". There's a certain point where the amount of work is not worth $5.[/QUOTE]
I've done almost half of them by Sunday, emailed them the bonus #'s, and I received back an email that says they're approved. Almost half being 28, with 30 more to go.

[quote name='lionheart4life']What did you guys do to get them to honor the rest of your pending rebates? I got a couple of them but i still have 5 or 6 that have been pending from May and July.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped adding new rebates, though I'm surprised they still have them up for some older games.[/QUOTE]
Mine were only missing their reviews, from what I was told via email.

I'd email them the bonus #'s, which is the XXXXXXX-YYYYYYY number in the rebate's info screen, and ask them why they're pending. They should be able to tell you, if they're not denied and still just pending.

Well, 80 of my rebates showed up on their site today. 75 of them had the "Limit of 5 rebates per month" error. Time to give Pam one last email. :) That poor woman has to hate me.

Upon review, it appears that only 60 out of the 80 got rejected.

Argh, my second batch of rebates have showed up on the site finally with nonsensical errors. Of the 5 I sent 2 show the "limit 5 a month" error, which makes no sense b/c I only sent five and the other three don't say that.

Another one says the postmark was old on the rebate form, when in actually it said 1/31/06.

And the last two are fine, as are the first 5 I sent before. It's weird, also the second batch entered the required service period way faster than the first batch.

Going to have to email them to resolve this.

Wow, I really feel bad for Pam. Based on the out-of-office reply I got today, she is the only person who deals with the PriceGrabber rebates. Ah well. She'll be back Wednesday to deal with my problems. One of the 10 or so that I sent in at the end of the month popped up with the "Limit 5" error, and I had to follow up with two from the previous month that were still processing.

On a humorous note, a Linksys rebate I sent in for last month arrived today on an identical check to the PG rebates. I don't recall sending it to the same rebate center in Arizona, but I could be mistaken.

[quote name='botticus']

On a humorous note, a Linksys rebate I sent in for last month arrived today on an identical check to the PG rebates. I don't recall sending it to the same rebate center in Arizona, but I could be mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I came home from a week long trip to find my wife had stacked 7 PG rebate checks on my desk :D. They are different than the last ones I got just a few weeks ago. They actually come from that rebate mecca Young America, MN. Why they come from there when we submit them to Mesa is a bit strange. But I know I have sent rebates in the past directly to Young America. I picture it as a town full of data entry/processing warehouses and check printing facilities :D.

By the way, their data processing seems to be a bit faster these days. I mailed 3 on Nov. 8th and 3 more on Nov. 10th and all 6 showed up today (Nov 18th) on the rebate search. These are part of my last batch of non-limit ones (I downloaded them in early Aug right before the limit was imposed). No errors on the 6! Still have about 8 more to submit without the limit (I write in big letters at the bottom of each, where the 10 restrictions are listed, that I got them before the limit and so far have only had 1 of 30 or so come up with an error).

[quote name='botticus']Wow, I really feel bad for Pam. Based on the out-of-office reply I got today, she is the only person who deals with the PriceGrabber rebates. Ah well. She'll be back Wednesday to deal with my problems. [/Quote]

I bet she went to zero hour =)

I came home from work yesterday to see that my wife had placed on the kitchen table the stack of 77 rebates that had arrived in the mail that day. It was quite humourous. I'll have to post pictures later.

[quote name='shipwreck']I came home from work yesterday to see that my wife had placed on the kitchen table the stack of 77 rebates that had arrived in the mail that day. It was quite humourous. I'll have to post pictures later.[/QUOTE]
After depositing my 12 checks yesterday, I hope you have a signature stamp. Otherwise endorsing all of those will be the biggest pain.

Just so you guys know, there are some $5 review rebates up for 360 games now. Also some of the more popular xbox and ps2 games.

[quote name='shipwreck']I came home from work yesterday to see that my wife had placed on the kitchen table the stack of 77 rebates that had arrived in the mail that day. It was quite humourous. I'll have to post pictures later.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you there. :D

I had 27 show up yesterday in the mail, and should have 28-30 more showing up in two week's time. Fixed all my missing review problems.

[quote name='Zoglog']Just so you guys know, there are some $5 review rebates up for 360 games now. Also some of the more popular xbox and ps2 games.[/QUOTE]
Ones I've found so far:
X-Men Legends II (Xbox)
Far Cry Instincts (Xbox)
Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood (Xbox)

Here's the new ones that popped up..should be fairly accurate...some listed by Shrike already.

I was gonna do the 360 but basically every game out except for Perfect Dark regular edition and DOA 4 have rebates on them.

Nice to see PG put some new ones out, I was thinking they were gonna give up after us CAGs probably flooded them with game rebates, heh. Too bad I didn't buy any of these:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (PS2)
The Matrix: Path of Neo (PS2)
Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
GUN (PS2)
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood Deluxe Box Set
Karaoke Revolution Party (PS2)

NBA 2K6 (Xbox)
NBA Live 06 (Xbox)
The Matrix: Path of Neo (Xbox)
NHL 2K6 (Xbox)
Blitz: The League (Xbox)
Far Cry: Instincts (Xbox)
50 Cent: Bulletproof (Xbox)
Karaoke Revolution Party (Xbox)
Burnout Revenge (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden Black (XBox)
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (Xbox)
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (Xbox)
Lego Star Wars (Xbox)
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse (Xbox)
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix Bundle With Dance Pad Xbox

boo- i just checked my rebate status and 3 of the 5 i sent last month are listed with the "5 per month limit" error. Which doesnt make sense, since i sent 5...

Now, I just need to collect the few older ones I have (which I think are 3) and a couple of these new ones, and ship five of them out the door tomorrow, since tomorrow's the end of the month.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']boo- i just checked my rebate status and 3 of the 5 i sent last month are listed with the "5 per month limit" error. Which doesnt make sense, since i sent 5...[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing happened to me. 2 went through and 3 got errors. They fixed it pretty easily though. Just keep tabs on it after they say they will fix it though. They said they would honor them, then a few days the status was updated to "noncompliance confirmed". Had to email them again to fix that.

Although its funny, those three they messed up are already approved for a check, even though the 5 I sent the month before are still in the "required processing stage"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back