Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zoglog']Hmm I don't get why this was moved over here from Video Game deals. It's not like the deal is entirely dead, u can still get $25 a month back if possible for just writing a review. Something people tend to do for free anyway.

Also updated the OP to reflect changes.[/QUOTE]
I didn't move it here because the deal was dead, I moved it here because it's not as much of a video game deal IMHO, more of a deal discussion, since this is where the rebate-related discussions go.

Woo-hoo! Just got 3 rebate checks from submissions I did in early August. About 1 month turnaround time - not bad.

Teller at the bank asked me what a Pricegrabber is. :D. She couldn't believe you got paid for writing reviews. I told her I think they have a few for DVDs so she's going to check it out (she didn't seem like a gamer).

I'm a little nervous though because I have submitted 9 total and exactly 5 (the new limit!) show up in the rebate inquiry. All were under the "old" restrictions (no limit of 5 per month) so I should be OK. I'll feel better when a 6th shows up, though it might get a September date so I'll still have to worry in late Sept also :D.

I just sent in 2 more today - so I have 11 out (with 3 checks back).

I'm going back through the list to see if I can get some more rebates on games I missed and I've found 2 already. I may make a list of available games for CAGs to browse and see if their games are up for rebates at PG.

EDIT: Got my 5 for the month to send in once I get the upc and receipt copied and write the review. My 5 are: Freedom Fighters (PS2), THPS 3 (PS2), MVP 05 (PS2), Front Mission 4 (PS2), and Astro Boy (GBA). With FF and THPS 3 around $5, those will be free. Already got MVP for free via trade-ins at EB, and Astro Boy was only $10 at Fry's. :) I love these rebates.

i got confirmation for 14 of them, and i sent in 17. I think in my last batch of 25 or so, only 23 showed up....guess they lose some...or maybe 'misplace'

i cant read through all these posts
can someone answer these please

how long do i have after i buy the game to send in the upc and reciept?
do i write a review before sending in the rebate?

edit: Thanks pooky

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i cant read through all these posts
can someone answer these please

how long do i have after i buy the game to send in the upc and reciept?
do i write a review before sending in the rebate?[/QUOTE]

No time limit, i sent in rebates for a game i bought 3 years ago.
Yes, write review before they get it.

Okay about the UPC's you need to send. I just ordered a couple Pre-Owned games from EB.

Now, the UPC that I send, is it the original one that's one the box (i think it is), or do I send the The stickered PO-UPC that EBGames places over the UPC???

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']Okay about the UPC's you need to send. I just ordered a couple Pre-Owned games from EB.

Now, the UPC that I send, is it the original one that's one the box (i think it is), or do I send the The stickered PO-UPC that EBGames places over the UPC???[/QUOTE]

A photocopy of the original UPC would prob be your safest bet. I'm not sure what EB sticks over the UPC, it could be the same thing or not.

[quote name='Zoglog']A photocopy of the original UPC would prob be your safest bet. I'm not sure what EB sticks over the UPC, it could be the same thing or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was going to do, go w/ the original, but I also got 2x Pre-Played GBA games (although they don't have rebates) but was just wondering for the future if I do get a GBA game that has a rebate, since they come w/o boxes the only thing on them is stickered to the back of the cart is the EB sticker UPC one.

Is anybody else having a problem with PriceGrabber taking a long time to put your rebates up on the web-rebates site? I've sent two different batches recently on 8/22 and 9/6 and no rebates have shown up for either batch.

An earlier batch that I had sent in showed up only 7 days after I sent them. I'm just wondering if the rebates are taking this long to show up in the system for everybody else.

[quote name='shipwreck']Is anybody else having a problem with PriceGrabber taking a long time to put your rebates up on the web-rebates site? I've sent two different batches recently on 8/22 and 9/6 and no rebates have shown up for either batch.

An earlier batch that I had sent in showed up only 7 days after I sent them. I'm just wondering if the rebates are taking this long to show up in the system for everybody else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think they are probably getting overwhelmed now since this thread has taken off. They are also taking much longer to process. I just got 4 back from a batch of 11 I that they received 7/26. I am still processing on a ton of them, including one that has been pending since 5/18.

[quote name='shipwreck']Is anybody else having a problem with PriceGrabber taking a long time to put your rebates up on the web-rebates site? I've sent two different batches recently on 8/22 and 9/6 and no rebates have shown up for either batch.

An earlier batch that I had sent in showed up only 7 days after I sent them. I'm just wondering if the rebates are taking this long to show up in the system for everybody else.[/QUOTE]

The same is happening to me.

The first batch I sent started to generate emails after about a week.

This batch, which also happened to have a lot of rebate forms, was mailed mid-August and has yet to show up. I'm a little worried.

Did get my checks for the first batch, though.

Ummm...is this new? Now it's not telling me about 5 in a calendar month, but it's giving me this. Anyone know anything about this?

Restrictions: Please read actual rebate form for more details and conditions. Does not apply towards refurbished, open box, white box, OEM and generic items.

[quote name='alive741']Ummm...is this new? Now it's not telling me about 5 in a calendar month, but it's giving me this. Anyone know anything about this?

Restrictions: Please read actual rebate form for more details and conditions. Does not apply towards refurbished, open box, white box, OEM and generic items.[/QUOTE]

That's been there the whole time.

[quote name='mik3yy']What is white box ?[/QUOTE]

White box would be if something just came in a plain white box. A lot of time computer software will just have an outer packaging with the actual artwork on it and then a "white box" inside it. They are just saying you have to have bought a retail version with all of the original packaging.

I wouldn't worry about whitebox too much in terms of software. Whitebox is essentially like OEM hardware or a refurbished item that comes in a plain box.

Just got my $105 worth of checks in the mail. Here's the timeline.

8/01 - Mailed
8/12 - Received
9/03 - Processed
9/07 - Mailed
9/14 - Received and cashed

[quote name='alive741']Ummm...is this new? Now it's not telling me about 5 in a calendar month, but it's giving me this. Anyone know anything about this?

Restrictions: Please read actual rebate form for more details and conditions. Does not apply towards refurbished, open box, white box, OEM and generic items.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - have they dropped the 5 per month thing then?

One thing seems certain - looks like they have stopped posting updates for everyone. I also have several out that have not show up on the rebate site for the last 3-4 weeks. What makes me nervous is that I have exactly 5 showing up there - eveything I sent beyond that has not appeared. All the ones I sent were pre-limit ones. However, my first 5 were from early August (and I've been paid for 3 already) and all the rest were sent mid-late Aug. It seems everyone who sent them in then is still waiting. Hopefully we'll all get a big batch of rebate status updates all at once very soon!

My first 3, received between Aug 4 and 15, were mailed last week.
My next two were noted received Aug 22nd and are still processing. 7 or 8 sent since then have not shown up yet...

Anyone missing all the reviews they posted when they go into their account and click on the "See the Reviews you posted" link? I get a blank white page.

[quote name='dago2727']Anyone missing all the reviews they posted when they go into their account and click on the "See the Reviews you posted" link? I get a blank white page.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the same thing right now. Hopefully this isn't as bad as it may seem. I'm really not liking how they haven't even acknowledged receiving rebates I sent about a month ago now.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm getting the same thing right now. Hopefully this isn't as bad as it may seem. I'm really not liking how they haven't even acknowledged receiving rebates I sent about a month ago now.[/QUOTE]

Ok I fell alittle better now. Im about to send in a whole stack of rebates with 9/30/05 Postmark date printed out way before the 5 a month limit showed up (ALMOST 50 OF THEM). FedEx is ok to send it by, correct?

[quote name='dago2727']Ok I fell alittle better now. Im about to send in a whole stack of rebates with 9/30/05 Postmark date printed out way before the 5 a month limit showed up (ALMOST 50 OF THEM). FedEx is ok to send it by, correct?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't FedEx make you sign for packages? I would just use USPS to send it to be safe. Most companies don't like to sign for packages from individuals.

[quote name='shipwreck']Doesn't FedEx make you sign for packages? I would just use USPS to send it to be safe. Most companies don't like to sign for packages from individuals.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time they do. If I send USPS, I'll send it Priority. I don't think they make you sign for that.

I haven't had the time to get into this and now that I do I wish I'd had done it before the imposed limit. Oh well.

When they say 5 per calendar month (post marked) its regardless of when you send them right? It's just for the month regardless?

Say I sent in 5 tommorow (Sept 24), if I wanted to I can send 5 more on Oct 2nd?

Has anyone tried to get more than one rebate on the same game? Pricegrabber says it's only one per customer but I was just curious.

Thanks!

Right now I'm worried about their operation in general. They haven't updated any rebates on the web since mid-to-late August for me (and I think it is the same for others here), and of the 5 they show, they mailed 3 checks right away, but the other two from just a few weeks later (mid-August) are still processing. And of course, no email or anything about the 10 I've sent in since then (some as long ago as August 25th or so).

I'm holding off sending more in until they show some signs of still being in business!

[quote name='io']Right now I'm worried about their operation in general. They haven't updated any rebates on the web since mid-to-late August for me (and I think it is the same for others here), and of the 5 they show, they mailed 3 checks right away, but the other two from just a few weeks later (mid-August) are still processing. And of course, no email or anything about the 10 I've sent in since then (some as long ago as August 25th or so).

I'm holding off sending more in until they show some signs of still being in business![/QUOTE]

really? thats really messed up. that sucks, ive been putting doing this off forever too.

anyone else recieve anything in the last few weeks from them?

[quote name='Zoglog']Heh they're still in business. They've moved from Culver City to Westwood close to UCLA if you check thier contact page. Not something a business that's about to go under would do since rent in that area must be much more expensive.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/about.php/about=contact[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean they went totally out of business - maybe they're just no longer in the business of sending $5 checks any more :D.

[quote name='io']I didn't mean they went totally out of business - maybe they're just no longer in the business of sending $5 checks any more :D.[/QUOTE]

Heh, they'd definetly reflect that on the site if they happened =). I wouldn't worry too much, If you have any problems you can always call or e-mail them.

Some VERY slight signs of life from PriceGrabber - I got emails about the last 2 rebates that DO show on my inquiry - they are sending the checks for those, and did update the rebate inquiry to show that. However, still no sign of the 10 forms I sent in since then (from late August onwards).

[quote name='io']Some VERY slight signs of life from PriceGrabber - I got emails about the last 2 rebates that DO show on my inquiry - they are sending the checks for those, and did update the rebate inquiry to show that. However, still no sign of the 10 forms I sent in since then (from late August onwards).[/QUOTE]

No signs of the 15 I sent on 8/22 or the 15 I sent on 9/6 either. I sent an additional 15 in today as well. If none of my rebates show up by Friday, I think I'll give PriceGrabber a call and see what exactly is going on.

I got one random e-mail today saying one rebate was ready to process. According to my records they still owe me a scattered 6 rebates dating back from June until now. And I sent in a bundle late August that aren't posted yet worth $140.

I sent in my 5 for September recently and heard nothing from those, but thats still early.

i just got 16 emails saying i was getting checks - seem to be alive =]

(Which is good because i just bought 10 games at EB for $50.....9 of which have $5 rebates =] )

Sent in 47 with the 9/30 postmark on Saturday and they got them on Monday (I tracked it). How will I know when they post them? Do I get an e-mail? Is it reflected on the site?

I sent an email a couple of days ago to PriceGrabber: "I sent in 5 product review rebates during the first week of September and I do not see them listed yet on the tracking tool. When can I expect them to show up?"

I received a reply today: "Thank you for your inquiry. Rebates generally take 4-6 weeks from the postmarked date to show online at www.web-rebates.com/pricegrabber. Thank you for your patience."

I just think either they are getting overwhelmed with rebates (from CAGs) or they are slowing down the process to save some money. No problem waiting... as long as I get my money eventually.

[quote name='dago2727']Sent in 47 with the 9/30 postmark on Saturday and they got them on Monday (I tracked it). How will I know when they post them? Do I get an e-mail? Is it reflected on the site?[/QUOTE]

Well, good lord, with you people sending in crates of rebate forms it is no wonder they are behind and overlook my one at a time submissions :D.

And cheapfrag - I've got some submitted that are past the 6 week mark, maybe I ought to fire off an email as well and see what they say to that.

[quote name='io']Well, good lord, with you people sending in crates of rebate forms it is no wonder they are behind and overlook my one at a time submissions :D.

And cheapfrag - I've got some submitted that are past the 6 week mark, maybe I ought to fire off an email as well and see what they say to that.[/QUOTE]

LoL and that's why they put in the 5 rebates a month limit. Also there is potential there for people to fraud by printing out UPCs and faking Receipts.

[quote name='io']Well, good lord, with you people sending in crates of rebate forms it is no wonder they are behind and overlook my one at a time submissions :D.

And cheapfrag - I've got some submitted that are past the 6 week mark, maybe I ought to fire off an email as well and see what they say to that.[/QUOTE]

Well, I emailed and got a response back within 20 minutes or so - that was nice. However, all she told me was to wait 6 weeks (from the original postmark date) before resubmitting them. It turns out I am very close to 6 weeks on 2 of them, but not quite there yet. If I didn't know everyone else's was being held up as well, I'd resubmit, but I think I'll wait it out a bit more.

I asked if they were a bit behind, and also emphasized that all of mine were from before the 5 per month limit. She didn't respond to either of those issues :D.

Looking back at an email exchange I had with them in August, she said they get over 1000 submissions a day and sometimes it takes a while to process them. But at that time it only took 2 weeks for them to show up online.

got a quick question for anyone who's done this a lot:

Will the rebates work on games you got from EBgames through trade ins? Such as the trade 5 games in for $50 preorders?

Thanks

Quick update: All the forms I sent in on 8/22 just showed up on the web-rebates website. Shows them as being received on 8/30, so it just looks like it is taking them a long time to get it into the system that they received them. Good to know that the wheels are still turning over there though.

[quote name='shipwreck']Quick update: All the forms I sent in on 8/22 just showed up on the web-rebates website. Shows them as being received on 8/30, so it just looks like it is taking them a long time to get it into the system that they received them. Good to know that the wheels are still turning over there though.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it Ship - I just had ONE show up tonight (wasn't there this afternoon). Shows a received date of Sept. 1st. I sent in about 3 before the end of August, so hopefully the rest will show up soon (not to mention the 8 or so I sent early Sept).

So at least they aren't letting the mail pile up - they are processing it in some form right when they get it - even if it is just stamping the received date on the envelope :D.

To answer the question about using preorder receipts - they *should* be no problem. I've used Gamerush preorder slips for a few (though those haven't shown up yet on the rebate site). EB receipts are a bit different because they show the traded games, but it shouldn't be a problem since it also shows you spent $50 in credit to get the preorder.

I submitted 20 games sometime towards the end of August. They showed up on the rebates website last week as received on 8/29. Now that they are in the required service period step, they ALL say "error: Limit five rebates per person per month." However, every single one that was submitted did not have that restriction on it. Unfortunately, when I printed the forms, I only did the first page, so it cut off most of the restrictions. My question is... am I getting the error because they can't see the restrictions, or is this something they are doing to all submissions that are more than 5? If it is the later, then I think a number of you are going to be getting upset soon. Either way, I e-mailed pricegrabber and I'm sure I'll be hearing from them shortly. I'll keep you guys updated.

PS- I had 20 received on 8/17/05 and those checks were all approved (not yet mailed though).

PPS- I had 20 received 9/1/05 which are still in the processing step, so we'll see what happens with those.

[quote name='Warner1281']I submitted 20 games sometime towards the end of August. They showed up on the rebates website last week as received on 8/29. Now that they are in the required service period step, they ALL say "error: Limit five rebates per person per month." However, every single one that was submitted did not have that restriction on it. Unfortunately, when I printed the forms, I only did the first page, so it cut off most of the restrictions. My question is... am I getting the error because they can't see the restrictions, or is this something they are doing to all submissions that are more than 5? If it is the later, then I think a number of you are going to be getting upset soon. Either way, I e-mailed pricegrabber and I'm sure I'll be hearing from them shortly. I'll keep you guys updated.

PS- I had 20 received on 8/17/05 and those checks were all approved (not yet mailed though).

PPS- I had 20 received 9/1/05 which are still in the processing step, so we'll see what happens with those.[/QUOTE]

Could be because you didn't send all the restrictions with them, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are at least 3 or 4 of us here that have emails from PG telling us that they will accept all of the old forms without the limit of 5 restriction. Hopefully you'll be able to just get it straightened out with an email. This could be a case of PG not telling the company that is handling the rebates as well. I was personally expecting a struggle on some of these due to poor communication on their end.

Well that sucks. They shouldn't add a "5 per month" restriction that did not exist at the time I printed the form.

Also, has anyone sent in expired forms? I've got three forms dated 9/30, so I'm just past the required date. Will they still accept them?

troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back