PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

I got 6 checks from last year's submissions on Saturday. Nice - first money from them in a long time. I still have about 9 more to send in (and about 14 pending on the site from recent submissions and resubmissions).

I received 6 checks last week too. They look awfully similar to the old, useless checks processed by the now-defunct rebate center CPG. I may be paranoid since I got hit hard by the bad check fees when I cashed in those CPG checks before being advised by the manufacturers not to. Took a couple of months to get those fees covered by the manufacturers.

Are these new checks really good? They just look awfully the same as the old ones, down to the look and formatting of the check.

I dropped my last four rebates in the mail this morning, so I have nine to get fulfilled.

Which site are people using to check status, the "old" one or the "new" one?

I got another check today, but it was not printed on security paper. It is exactly the same (except the check numbers) as the 2 I have sitting on my desk, but the paper is plain white.

I got my last 20 checks today that I mailed in a few months ago, thanks to whoever it was that gave us a heads up that they were honoring the last of the rebates that were requested when the rebate program went belly up late last year.

Ah hell, I sent the fulfillment company an inquiry 3 weeks ago and hadn't heard a response - so I went to check on the status of my rebates, and guess what?

This company, too, has gone belly-up!

:bomb:

Look Up a Rebate

Effective July 31st 2009, Continental Promotion Group is no longer providing promotional services to clients or consumers.

QUESTIONS

1. Where do I send my mail-in rebate?
Please continue to send the rebates to the address listed on the rebate form. The rebates will be forwarded to the appropriate location for further processing.

2. Will my mail-in rebate still be honored?
All mail-in rebates as advertised are still valid and would be honored with their original terms and conditions. They should continue to be submitted as written for consideration of the promotion.

3. How do I determine the status of my rebate? Please contact the company or retailer that provided the rebate form directly. They will be able to direct you to a new fulfillment provider.

[quote name='Caliburn']Ah hell, I sent the fulfillment company an inquiry 3 weeks ago and hadn't heard a response - so I went to check on the status of my rebates, and guess what?

This company, too, has gone belly-up!

Look Up a Rebate

Effective July 31st 2009, Continental Promotion Group is no longer providing promotional services to clients or consumers.

QUESTIONS

1. Where do I send my mail-in rebate?
Please continue to send the rebates to the address listed on the rebate form. The rebates will be forwarded to the appropriate location for further processing.

2. Will my mail-in rebate still be honored?
All mail-in rebates as advertised are still valid and would be honored with their original terms and conditions. They should continue to be submitted as written for consideration of the promotion.

3. How do I determine the status of my rebate? Please contact the company or retailer that provided the rebate form directly. They will be able to direct you to a new fulfillment provider.[/QUOTE]
Isn't Continental Promotion Group the same company that went belly up and led us to the whole rebate problem last year?

The rebate checks PG sent out in the last 2 months are still good. Those checks ain't from CPG. I think CPG left their website open for manufacturers to update their rebate status, but the checks are cut by the manufacturers or their new vendors instead.

Bottomline: The checks we got in the last couple of rounds (within last 2 months) are probably still ok and good to cash out.

I have about 10 or so in process or recently sent in and had about 5 more to send in.

Plus I have 4 checks right here that I was going to deposit today. I guess I'll do that but keep an eye on them online to make sure they clear.

I haven't used pricegrabber in probably over 2 years now. I am curious though, are they no longer offering rebates for reviews of products anymore. I read around the topic a bit and something about a company leaving the site or something. Whats the status of the site?

They've changed rebate processors a few times, and a couple of them have gone belly-up.

Pricegrabber's gone through multiple changes of the rebate review program, from restrictions on number of rebates submitted per month, to the number of people that can request the rebate, so we all think they're trying to wind down the program and kill it.

From the fact that they haven't posted any new rebate forms in quite some time, I think it's dead and buried.

The most recent irritation is the rebate processor PG had running the show went belly-up a couple of weeks ago and a number of submissions are in limbo. Especially since they were submissions that were waiting to be sent in while PG was changing rebate processors.

Odd thing yesterday in the mail. I had a $40 check show up from Experian, which I can only assume is for 8 of the PG rebates I had sent in a month or two ago.

I think I had put in 9 from what I remember, though at this point, if I'm short on one of them, I can live with it.

Shrike, I must have missed your post yesterday because I was really surprised today that I just got a $50 check (also from Experian and with no indication of it being from PG). Looking at my post above from 8/10 I said I had about 10 processing so I guess that squares me away.

I still have 5 more to send in, though. I wonder if I should bother or not. I had just sent in 4 back in June and I think those were included in this check. I'll have to review my records but it is getting very confusing without a web site to show the submissions. OK, just looked and it would seem I have exactly 10 due to me if they resubmitted the ones they claimed they did. So I guess that's that. I suppose I'll contact PG directly to see if I should send in my last 5. While it would be nice to get the $25 it will be a lot of work to find the receipts for a few of these (which is why they were my last 5). Though a few will be easy: still have Fable II and GHWT to do for example.

The invoice attached to the check is a bit odd. It says "July rebate - 05" then has a date of 01/07/2009. The check itself is from 8/14/09 though.

Ack, took another closer look at my records and I did send in another set of 5 more rebates on July 6th. It does not appear that I got paid for those, so I will definitely contact them about that set. Then, it turns out, I only have 3 more left to do.

Where did everyone sent their rebates to? The Texas address:

PriceGrabber Review Bonus Offers
Dept # 101426
PO Box 130003
El Paso, TX 88513

Or the California one?

PriceGrabber Review Bonus Offers
5150 West Goldleaf Cir
2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90056

I stumbled onto the California address when I was looking into some rebate stuffs on other forums. Also, for those of us that sent in the rebates in August, do you think we are screwed? Because:
What is the postmark deadline for rebate forms downloaded in 2008? Is there an extension for the rebate program for the period that your program was closed?
Answer: We have provided an extension for rebates with a postmark deadline of November 30, 2008 through February 28, 2009. We will accept these submissions until July 31, 2009.

If so, I will be very very unhappy. :whistle2:( Find the related things other than rebate forms are not easy tasks.

Heh, I didn't even realize there was a specific extended deadline. Well, I sent some in July, then, that should still be processed. I had more to send but oh well... I am going to contact them about the others, though, since there's no way to check status any more.

I called the number they sent me in the last email and it states they no longer support reabtes at that number or something to that effect. 877-265-3108

I just sent them an email through the site contact us section for more info.

Hello,

I have several product review bonuses to mail in, but I have been given 2 different addresses. What is the correct mailing address and contact number for rebate submissions? What is the deadline for the rebates?

thank you

I haven't checked out this thread in a while or done any reviews on PriceGrabber in the past year or so. Has the rebate program be completely phased out, or will it return in the future?

Someone in my family received a check from Experian. I think it has to do with the previous PriceGrabber rebates that I sent in. Has anyone else received such check(s)?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Someone in my family received a check from Experian. I think it has to do with the previous PriceGrabber rebates that I sent in. Has anyone else received such check(s)?[/QUOTE]

:shock:

You made me go out and get my mail - guess what? I got one too!

It is for $25. It says "Aug09 - 29" and a date of 08/31/2009.

I had pretty much given up on the last few I sent in at the end (in July I think). There's no indication that this is from PriceGrabber and to be honest, had you not posted this here I would have gotten this later and had no idea what it could be for.

This was generated on the 24th and sent from CA on the 30th, so maybe others will be getting them shortly if they are further east.

Well, damn, because they seemed to stop their whole operation (no more tracking on the web site, etc), I didn't bother sending in my last 4 or 5. Oh well - I guess it is way too late now ;).

I guess I should add up my totals from my PG spreadsheet. It is quite staggering, actually.

[quote name='io']:shock:

I had pretty much given up on the last few I sent in at the end (in July I think). There's no indication that this is from PriceGrabber and to be honest, had you not posted this here I would have gotten this later and had no idea what it could be for.

This was generated on the 24th and sent from CA on the 30th, so maybe others will be getting them shortly if they are further east.

Well, damn, because they seemed to stop their whole operation (no more tracking on the web site, etc), I didn't bother sending in my last 4 or 5. Oh well - I guess it is way too late now ;).

I guess I should add up my totals from my PG spreadsheet. It is quite staggering, actually.[/QUOTE]

:D

Glad my post can have some small positive effect. :D

As I check my list, seems that they have missed about couple rebates that I have sent in, hopefully they will be here on Monday. But I guess the ones that did not get processed or lost by the Rebatestatus.com are lost cause. Oh well, at least they still honored those that got send in, even though I think I sent those in like two days after the "deadline" of July 31st. So in all, still good.

Two more checks came today. Therefore, I can confirm, at least for me, that those are the rebates I sent in on August. So I guess that means that they are making good on some old rebates, not sure how far back the rebates are being processed. Hopefully, that means that others are either receiving or will be receiving some checks. I guess check your mail often these days.;)

[quote name='io']:shock:

I guess I should add up my totals from my PG spreadsheet. It is quite staggering, actually.[/QUOTE]I'd wager I might beat you in the numbers, when it all came down to it, though I'm sure it might be close. ;)

I finally checked out my old spreadsheet and it does seem that I submitted 5 more rebates in July so I guess that's where the $25 came from.

Now I can let you in on my little secret. I was also submitting rebates using my Mom's name/address so I could do 10 per month instead of just 5. I had also sent in 5 for her in July and she also just got a $25 check.

I really wish I had known they were still active as it looks like I left another 7 rebates unmailed plus I had a few from way back in Oct 2008 that never got processed by the flaky old rebate center (so 2 more there). I just never got around to calling them on those.

The grand total on my spreadsheet is...

$1800

Not bad at all... But considering my relatively late start (I started right before the 5 per month deadline whereas I could have been doing it for a year before that but ignored this thread back then), the 9 I didn't send or call them about, plus probably 15-20 I wasn't able to get forms for because they got claimed too quickly by other people (Wii Fit, NSMB DS, etc), I could have done even better ;).

The 7 I didn't send it were for some pretty obscure stuff: From Russia With Love for PSP, Need For Speed Underground 2 for DS, One Piece Grand Adventure for GC, etc. Though I did leave off a few biggies that I just simply never got around to: Fable II, GHWT bundle... What sucks is that I think I reviewed them all because they had that new rule where they said they only accepted the first 3 reviewed submissions. So I spent a ton of time last fall writing all the reviews in advance. All I had to so was send the stupid forms in - oh well...

bread's done
Back