PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='thunder_gamer']I got $80 worth of checks last week, that is a lot of backlog, however, I am still missing about 9 of them, especially the ones from January. I tried to e-mail and call them but they do not seem to have clue of how to help me and kept give me the run around. Can someone tell me how I should deal with this? Should I just e-mail them resubmissions?[/quote]Email them the resubmissions, if you have access to a scanner. Otherwise, you can fax them your resubmissions. At least, I've done that in the past, though that was a couple of addresses ago for their processing company for faxing them in.

[quote name='shrike4242']Email them the resubmissions, if you have access to a scanner. Otherwise, you can fax them your resubmissions. At least, I've done that in the past, though that was a couple of addresses ago for their processing company for faxing them in.[/QUOTE]

Shrike, thanks for the reply and advice. I did just that over the weekend, hopefully they can give me some good news.

Lots of new stuff up today. L4D, Gears 2, ValkC, Fallout 3, QoS, and I think they're still updating because some games have disappeared, (LBP, R2) and some pages timeout. Hopefully they'll be finished by tomorrow.

Ruh-Roh... I don't see any either. I was just looking last night, too, and they were there. Fortunately I grabbed the ones for Fable II and Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle then. I was holding off on some others that I thought would stick around though :bomb:

Maybe it is just a glitch, though, and they'll be back up. This has happened before.

Well, I have five for this month, and three for next month. Beyond that, we'll have to see what happens over the next week or so on PG.

I checked the help section and the product review bonus program is still listed there, so it appears to still be there.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, I have five for this month, and three for next month. Beyond that, we'll have to see what happens over the next week or so on PG.

I checked the help section and the product review bonus program is still listed there, so it appears to still be there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is definitely odd that they would kill it off when they just added a bunch of games a few days before. It would seem more likely that they would just let the ones there die out and not add any new ones. Unless they had to do extreme cost-cutting measures due to the economy, that is...

The thing I am worried about is if they will honor the rebates that have already been sent in. I have 4 that were mailed last month that aren't showing on the website yet.

Does anyone notice that they took down all the rebate links yesterday late afternoon? I can't find a single game with a rebate.

Just a heads up fellas

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU4NCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2008/11/10/daily66.html

Got this notice from PriceGrabber.

PriceGrabber.com wants to thank you for being a loyal customer, and also say thank you for participating in our review rebate program.

We wanted to give you an update on a recent change in our rebate process that has occurred over the past few days. We have been informed that the vendor who supplies the rebates to PriceGrabber customers who have filled out a review on our site is unfortunately no longer able to process rebate requests from our customers. Although PriceGrabber has prepaid this vendor a substantial amount to more than adequately fund our review rebate program, they have informed us that they do not intend to honor checks they have previously issued to our customers.

If you are currently in possession of a rebate check issued on behalf of PriceGrabber.com, or if you receive a check of this kind within the next week, PLEASE DO NOT CASH IT. The vendor is placing stop-payments on these checks to prevent you from being penalized, but we still hope to prevent you this additional inconvenience. PriceGrabber is in the process of reissuing your rebate check directly from our own accounts. A new check to be mailed to you directly from PriceGrabber headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. No additional action will be required from you to initiate this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to participate in both of our programs. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we want to ensure you receive your rebate as promised. Rest assured that PriceGrabber is also taking all appropriate actions to ensure this type of problem does not occur again.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Again, thank you for your time and understanding.

Best regards,

Darren Davis
VP, Product Marketing
PriceGrabber.com

So I guess they'll be honoring all outstanding rebates. Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post, Zoglog. I knew CPG went belly-up due to a post on SD about it, as they do rebates for a number of other companies. What sucks is that they do PG's rebates as well. :bomb: The rebatestatus.com site still is live and works.

I just checked the site and I have 11 of them in process of being paid out from 11-Dec-08 to 07-Jan-09. Plus, ones to fill out for this month and three for next month. I guess I'll make double-sure to do photocopies for all of the stuff I'm sending in for Nov and Dec, just in case they "lose" it.

Got the email today myself as well. What is it with the "don't cash the checks" part? It seems odd after they just sent everyone a huge batch a few weeks ago. I mean, obviously, I've cashed those already - they better not all come back overdrawn (which means my bank will charge ME a fee even though it is their fault :bomb:).

Crap, I just realized I have 5 more checks sitting here uncashed... I had too many at once and took one batch in and then was going to do the rest later - they're still sitting here. Wonderful...

[quote name='suko_32']Oh geez. At least we got a good explanation though.

Also, I cashed my last PG check on 10/29 so I think I'm okay...right?[/QUOTE]

I cashed mine around the same time - I think those are OK because we would have had a problem within 2 weeks if they were overdrawn. Why the hell didn't I just do all of them at once though :bomb:? I'm not sure how PG will know which ones to reissue and which ones not to - they say if you are currently in posession not to cash them and they will send new ones with no action on your part. I find that strange unless they are getting access to the vendor's records about which are cashed and which aren't. Given the surprise that CPG seems to have sprung on PG (and others) I find this doubtful (that CPG would be open with their books like that). I sent off an email asking about that specifically as well as what is to happen with outstanding rebates as well as the 5 I sent in October that have not shown up on the web site. And I also asked where I should send the 5 for this month!

I find it odd that the rebatestatus web page still works but PG's own rebate status page (the one we used to use before they switched to these morons) doesn't work any more. That one was working until just recently in any case. They should bring it back to show you what's up with your reprocessed rebates!

Let us know if you get a response on where to send out rebates for this month io.

As for how PG would know which to reissue, I have no clue.

Well I got an answer regarding the checks you guys have from before that you have not cashed in yet. Basically Don't cash those in. They have a list of checks that have not been claimed so they'll know to send it to you, so yeah, don't go cashing in those old checks because they will probably bounce.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Dang, I was planning to cash them tomorrow, so I should not cash them even though received them couple weeks ago and just wait for reissues?[/QUOTE]

yes wait for the re-issues

[quote name='Zoglog']yes wait for the re-issues[/QUOTE]

D'oh, out of some spending cash. :whistle2:| I assume all rebates process by them are affected? My brother have couple Casio rebates process by them and he was going to deposit them as well, but I told him to hold off in case it might bounce.

dang i just got one check today too. i also have 2 sets ready to go for this month and next month. also have 2 rebate forms that i need to write reviews for. wondering if i should just go ahead and do them incase they actually get the rebate program running again.

I did e-mail PriceGrabber some questions, and from the replies, it seems that they are looking for new rebate processing center to handle the rebates and for us to mail the rebates to. Also, from one of the replies, it seems that even checks as old as two months ago and have not been cashed yet, cannot be cashed anymore. I am not sure about whether the checks that are cashed as far as couple weeks ago will bounce or not. And that we do not have to do anything for them to reissue check(s).

If someone else did e-mail them about some other questions regarding the rebates, please post the replies here. Also, if anyone knows what to do with the review bonus that are due this month, please post too.

CPG rebate center has stopped payment on all of their checks, regardless of when they were printed. Even rebates that have been issued 2 months ago and have not been cashed will have a stop payment placed on them by CPG. If you are currently in possession of rebate checks issued on behalf of PriceGrabber.com, or if you receive a check of this kind within the next week, PLEASE DO NOT CASH IT. The vendor is placing stop-payments on these checks to prevent you from being penalized, but we still hope to prevent you this additional inconvenience. PriceGrabber is in the process of reissuing your rebate check directly from our own accounts. We have a list of all the checks that have not been cashed yet. A new check to be mailed to you directly from PriceGrabber headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. No additional action will be required from you to initiate this process.

At this moment we are working on finding a new rebate center to handle all new and unpaid rebates as soon as possible. We have a list of all of the rebates that have already been processed by our old rebate center. We will have all of those rebates migrated to the rebate center and those rebates will be paid out from there. Please rest assured that you will receive your already processed rebate.

Please hold on to the forms and your submission documentation. We are working on finding a new rebate center where you can mail in your current bonus forms. Once we have located a new rebate center, we will provide you with a new address to mail your submission. Thank you for your patience.

Yeah, here you go:

Please hold on to the forms and your submission documentation. We are
working on finding a new rebate center where you can mail in your
current bonus forms. Once we have located a new rebate center, we will
provide you with a new address to mail your submission. Thank you for
your patience.

Oh, wait, I see they sent you the same thing - well, I assumed that was in direct response to me asking about what to do with forms I still need to send in. Clearly they prepared a stock answer to all three questions (what to do with checks in our posession, will already submitted ones be processed, and what to do with forms we still need to send in) and cut-n-pasted it to everyone :lol:.

So, anyway, it appears the old address is null and void as that was the now defunct rebate processor. I never did like that new place :bomb:

Anyway, I hope they sort it out by the end of the month or allow us to send ones in late (and then not penalize for sending 5 more in Dec) as I still have a full slate through Feb.

[quote name='io']
Anyway, I hope they sort it out by the end of the month or allow us to send ones in late (and then not penalize for sending 5 more in Dec) as I still have a full slate through Feb.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Anyone try emailing to ask yet?

I wonder why I never got the email...I've been reviewing stuff since 2005. I cashed two checks recently, too, damnit. I wonder how they'll compensate rebate claimants who cashed checks already? (My guess is, they won't - I haven't had an issue with my credit union yet, either).

Edit: The CPG goons only entered 1 out of 4 rebates submitted in one envelope - all were very organized and clearly depicted. Ugh, estimated check date of 1/21/09, hah.

[quote name='Caliburn']I wonder why I never got the email...I've been reviewing stuff since 2005. I cashed two checks recently, too, damnit. I wonder how they'll compensate rebate claimants who cashed checks already? (My guess is, they won't - I haven't had an issue with my credit union yet, either).

Edit: The CPG goons only entered 1 out of 4 rebates submitted in one envelope - all were very organized and clearly depicted. Ugh, estimated check date of 1/21/09, hah.[/quote]

Just an FYI: I only got the email after I sent them an email. I only have 1 of 4 from my October envelope listed too.

Okay, guys, here is part of the reply from PriceGrabber people when I asked about the November rebates. I said part, because the first part is hold on to your forms and such, so I did not include that. Not sure what it means for the rebates due in December though, probably means we can send ten in, or the due dates are all pushed back one month.

Because of the current circumstances, we will extend the postmark deadline on rebates that expire at the end of November to December 31, 2008. Thank you for your patience.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear, thunder_gamer. Hopefully, they'll apply that to everyone's submissions, not just yours.[/QUOTE]

I supposed and hope they would. But I do not work for them, so I cannot speak for them on how they will deal with this, especially the November rebates, I can only post what their reply of my questions are.

[quote name='lobitoh']how do we know which are not cashable?? I got the ones with price grabber logo?
just in today....[/QUOTE]

Do not cash them. Most likely it will bounce. Read my post that have the reply from PriceGrabber people regarding the checks received but not yet cashed. In short, very likely will bounce.

OK, so well after this mess started I am just now seeing that 2 of my October submissions are showing up on the rebate search page. Interesting that they are continuing to update that. However, it appears that they simply processed the top one out of both of my envelopes :bomb:. Maybe this will all be for the best - this rebate processing center is apparently run by clowns and employs rabid monkeys to process the submissions... The one they used before never "missed" rebates. When I dealt with the customer service on the rebate processing side a few months back, they simply looked up which ones they've processed already and told me they didn't see the other ones (well, yeah - if you look at a list of ones that are good, you aren't going to see the ones you screwed up on #-o) so there was nothing they could do. Then they suggested I not submit multiples in the same envelope (which I've been doing for years now). They seemed to get the hang of it there for a few months, but I guess they are giving us one more set of screwups in addition to ripping off PG themselves (taking the rebate money and running, essentially). Maybe this explains the "missed" rebates though :whistle2:k...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Has the address where we send our rebates changed?[/quote]
Just hold on to your submission. They are in the process of finding another rebate vendor.

I sent out my Nov rebates early this month. So, I'll have to resend later on.

[quote name='anvilfactory']I just received a check today. Is Experian the vendor they used before? I haven't submitted rebates lately, so...[/QUOTE]

I got an Experian check today as well - for a shocking $55... I only had 5 I had not cashed from before but who knows if they are including some currently-processing submissions as well. There's really nothing on it to indicate it is from PriceGrabber or which rebates it applies to except that it is itemized as several $5 rebates (which is the only thing that made me think it might be from them - your post confirms it). I'm guessing this is good to cash though!?

When I got this I thought it was from a credit rating agency and was either some warning or just a solicitation for a service - was very surprised to see a check there. At first I though it was a bill for something I didn't sign up for :rofl:.

***Remember to write your reviews today***. So do we have an address to mail or are you guys/gals just going to write the review and hold on to your submission?

also got a $50 check yesterday. i only had 4 of the old checks so they might be processing some of the newer submissions.

emailed them yesterday:

Hello,

I have some questions about your rebate program.

Will the $5 bonus program continue?

Where should rebate forms be sent?

I received a check from Experian, is it safe to cash?

Will Pricegrabber honor previously submitted rebates?

thank you

Response:

Thank you for using PriceGrabber! Please hold on to the forms and your submission documentation. We are working on finding a new rebate center where you can mail in your current bonus forms. Once we have located a new rebate center, we will provide you with a new address to mail your submission(s). This address will also be listed on rebate forms on our site when we re-open the rebate program. You can mail the current forms you have to that address. Thank you for your patience.

Experian is our parent company. The check you received is valid.

The PriceGrabber Support Team

I too received a check for $55. When I went back to Rebatestatus' website to check on some stuffs, I found out that they had entries for rebates that I sent in for September, but the amount of the check does not seem to include that. So I guess they just sent out checks for the ones that were cleared by Rebatestatus and have sent out checks already.

I hope they find more competent rebate center with more helpful customer services to process the rebates. Because I have many rebates that Rebatestatus negelected and need to get them. I wonder if their reduction of number of qualifying individuals are the result of finding out that Rebatestatus are having trouble processing and skimming money off them. I wonder if Rebatestatus purposely "missing" some rebates to hoard the money for themselves.

yea i was thinking they were probably skimming some of the money. there have been many times where 1 rebate out of 5 that were in the same envelop would be lost. did that to me pretty much every month. i fought for a couple of them, but just gave up after that.

I had four rebates out of 5 in the same envelop missing, which is pretty impossible since I stapled all of them together, so if one is seen, other should be too. But somehow, they found a way to overlook them. I fought for the rebates however I can, since I take time to do the reviews, do the forms, find the receipts, and mail them out on time, so I am not going to just let them get around with messing up my submissions. Sadly though, they do that almost every month since PriceGrabber switched to them. I think there are only two months or so they did not screw up.

Yep, my very last submission only showed 1 out of the 5 from my envelope. And I know someone else (not on CAG) that sent 2 envelopes in with 2 in one and 3 in the other. And sure enough, she has 2 showing - 1 from each envelope. Those freakin' bastards ;).

bread's done
Back