PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

Response back from PG:

[quote name='Pricegrabber'][quote name='Pricegrabber'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Pricegrabber'][quote name='shrike4242']shrike4242 wrote:
I've been told by other Pricegrabber product review bonus submitters that the prior rebate processing facility is no longer being used. They also indicated that you are extending the deadlines for November submissions to the end of December, so there can be up to 10 submissions sent in by the end of December, 5 for November and 5 for December. As it is coming up close to the middle of the month, I wanted to find out if the new processing organization is ready to go, and if so, what the mailing address would be. If it's not ready to accept submissions, I would like to know when they would be available for accepting submissions.[/quote]
Dear shrike4242,

We are in the final steps of working out the transition to our new rebate center. At this time, we cannot provide you with a new address. Please hold on to the forms that expired November and December. We will allow a one month extension for these rebates. We will post the new address on the new forms and in the FAQ section of our website. We expect to re-open the program by the end of this month. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

PriceGrabber Rebates[/quote]
shrike4242 wrote:
To whom it may concern,

Does the "one month extension" mean that November and December rebate submissions will be allow to be sent in by the end of January? A one month extension for December rebates would be the end of January, though a one month extension for November rebates would be the end of December.

I just wish to get this clarified to make sure that any November and December submissions would be accepted by the end of January, if the program will reopen by the end of this month.[/quote]

PriceGrabber Rebates wrote:
Dear shrike4242,

We have made the decision to allow your November and December rebates to be accepted with a postmark through January 31, 2008.

Thank you,

Sorry we meant January 31, 2009.

Thank you shrike, for asking them these questions. I guess in January we can submit up to 15 rebates? Since they did the extension for November and December and there are some that originally have deadline for January.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Thank you shrike, for asking them these questions. I guess in January we can submit up to 15 rebates? Since they did the extension for November and December and there are some that originally have deadline for January.[/quote]That would be my reading into that statement above, yes.

[quote name='bob330i']Hey Shrike, any news on the new address/rebate center yet? I guess we should just hold on for now?[/quote]Nothing yet, including a reply to my email. :bomb:

I'll forward my last email at them this evening when I get home and see if they respond to that one.

Response back from them:

[quote name='From Pricegrabber rebates']Dear Shrike4242,

We are currently working on the transition. Please check our FAQ section. We will post the information of the new rebate center here when it becomes available: http://www.pricegrabber.com/home_help.php/form_cat_id=117. You will be given a postmark deadline of at least 1 full month based on the opening date of our program. You will be allowed 5 submissions for each month that our program was closed, provided you had downloaded the forms last year. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

They did update some of the information listed at the above URL, about the bounced checks, rebate forms and the like.

[quote name='suko_32']I miss the monthly $25...or more like whatever they decide to give me.
smile.gif
[/quote]
Lol.

From the link above, it looks like they haven't changed their info in a few weeks, though from the text they posted, they're trying to get things going shortly so they can get all Nov 2008, Dec 2008 and Jan 2009 rebates to be received by Feb 28 2009.

Guess they have a couple of weeks to go before that's going to get another month to get done.

I appreciated that they paid out when the rebate company basically stole Pricegrabber's money, but this long drawn transition delay seems really funky.

Methinks the tanked economy isn't helping matters either.

I had a dream about these rebates last night...Have you guys gotten your last batch's checks? I did not get any checks for the rebates I submitted in October. Last check I got was from Experian and it was a September (by the 30) submission.

[quote name='Hibiwa']I appreciated that they paid out when the rebate company basically stole Pricegrabber's money, but this long drawn transition delay seems really funky.

Methinks the tanked economy isn't helping matters either.[/quote]Yeah, that's a little odd that it's taking this long.

I'm sure the economy being in the crapper isn't helping matters, as I'm sure PG has to pre-pay for all the rebates that they'd do in first pass, and keep putting money in there to keep funding the rebate money.

Bottomless cash isn't, after all.

[quote name='Zmonkay']thanks for keeping us updated Shrike. Also, tomorrow the thread title will be accurate once again... lol[/quote]No problem. I haven't heard back from them, though I don't expect to hear anything this week, unless miracles happen.

[quote name='shrike4242']I haven't heard back from them, though I don't expect to hear anything this week, unless miracles happen.[/quote]
I guess miracles do happen:
[quote name='From PG email']We apologize that it is taking longer than expected to provide you with an address to mail your submissions. We will provide you with an extended postmark date with sufficient time to mail your submissions. You will be allowed 5 submissions for each month that our program was closed, provided you had downloaded the forms last year. We will post any updates to the rebate program in the FAQ section of our website. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

PriceGrabber Rebates
[quote name='shrike4242']To whom it may concern,
The information listed on the link below has not been updated in over a month. As the month of February 2009 has gone by, will the program be expanded to include February 2009 as well as November 2008, December 2008 and January 2009?[/quote][/quote]

Same canned response, which is unsurprising. I'll wait and see, and I guess we'll try this again in a month, unless something else changes in the meantime.

I must have mentally disregarded Pricegrabber as I've gotten loads of new games eligible...but I'm still owed for 5 submissions from October. Based on recent responses, it should only be a matter of indefinite time until they're processed.

Only 2/5 rebates of mine from October appear on the tracking site...rats. Both are still processing.

The FAQ doesn't seem updated so I guess PG is still transitioning to a new rebate center, unless those plans have been scrapped?

Yeah, I only have 1 of 5 showing on the site. I have a feeling PG is going to let the rebate program die off. People are still writing reviews for free on the site.

[quote name='slowdive21']Yeah, I only have 1 of 5 showing on the site. I have a feeling PG is going to let the rebate program die off. People are still writing reviews for free on the site.[/quote]I'm sure that's their intention.

I'd be surprised if they honored any of the past ones that need to be sent in, or had been sent it. I know I have a few left to send in/do the reviews on, and I'm not the only one.

No change in the web page at this time, so I'm guessing that'll be the way it'll be for a while.

Hey, good news! Just got this email:

[quote name='PG']
Hello,

PriceGrabber.com thanks you for being a loyal customer.

We would like to provide you with an update on the Product Review Bonus
Rebates program. PriceGrabber is currently processing its backlog
of all rebate submissions and will accept all rebate forms postmarked
between November 30, 2008 and February 28, 2009.

If you have outstanding rebate submissions, please mail your completed
forms to the address listed below. Be sure to submit your
product review(s) prior to mailing in your rebate submission(s).

Please note that we have a new mailing address.
Mail all rebate form(s) to:

PriceGrabber Review Bonus Offers
Dept # 101426
PO Box 130003
El Paso, TX 88513

If you mailed a rebate submission last year, you may check your status
online at http://pricegrabber.rebatestatus.com or call 877-265-3108.

Those customers who submitted a valid rebate will be mailed a check issued
from Bank of America on behalf of PriceGrabber.com within 8-10 weeks.

Thank you,

PriceGrabber Rebates
[/quote]

Looking at the status page I was surprised to see that there are still about 10 outstanding ones I haven't been paid for, though it looks like there are duplicates in there. I have to sort all that crap out because the last place only acknowledged 1 of the last 5 I submitted. And given the random check they sent us when they switched over last year I have no idea what I've been paid for and what I haven't been paid for.

The good news on the ones I have to send in for Nov-Feb is that I did a bunch of the reviews already in advance back when it was only the first 3 or 4 reviewed ones that got rebates. Still a lot of work to do though - I kind of enjoyed not having to deal with this stuff for a while ;).

A quick check of their rebate search page shows that they successfully transferred over all the pending rebates from the old rebate search page run by the defunct processor. In fact, they are all in there twice (and one three times!).

However, they are still, of course, missing the 4 out of 5 from October that the old processor missed (they only processed my top one and ignored the other 4 in the envelope). I fired off an email about that. If they pay me the double and triple payments from the other ones, though, I won't complain if they drop the 4 they missed ;).

Now I will need to get all my Nov-Feb submissions ready to go - that will be a lot of work!

Woohoo! Just saw the email too. Glad they are starting up with the rebate submissions. I only have one form to send in for a review that I wrote and uploaded right before the collapse.

Thanks for the thread update.

Good to hear someone posted about the email they sent out, 'cause I was about to if no one else did. ;)

I have to go back and check to see what's left for me, as I think I only have stuff from November, and a couple into December. It's been so long, I'm afraid to think where the paperwork has gone to.

I think it's time to see if the program is back "alive" again, or if this is just cleaning up the residual mess towards the end and it's not going to come back again.

From my records, I only have one rebate to send in (expired in January), while I'm more worried about and less excited about dealing with 5 rebates that weren't received in June-August mailings.

What email did I apparently not get?

I never got an email, but according to the cite I have 10 that are "contact us" under status, so I assume 10 outstanding ones then? Also have 5-6 sitting around to mail in.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I never got an email, but according to the cite I have 10 that are "contact us" under status, so I assume 10 outstanding ones then? Also have 5-6 sitting around to mail in.[/QUOTE]

The "contact us" ones are the ones that were paid by the old processor but the checks were bad (and they told us not to cash them). They sent out new checks for these in Nov. Thus, you should have been paid for those (and more probably - I only had 5 old checks I didn't cash but got $55!). In addition to those I still had 5 more that were still processing - THOSE are the ones that are still outstanding and for which it seems they will be sending checks shortly. If all of yours are "contact us" then you should have been paid for them with that make-up check last year. If not, though, well, contact them...

Botticus - I quoted the email in its entirety a few posts back including the new rebate search page so you can check on those old submissions.

Edit - yay, they said they were "resubmitting" my 4 lost submissions from October (I sent 5 in an envelope and the old processor only entered the first one). They only gave me a single new submission number, so we'll see how that goes (hopefully it is just one for $20 to cover the 4 separate original submissions). They said it takes 2-3 days for the rebate site to update. In any case, turnaround on my question was less than 12 hours from my late night query last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']
Botticus - I quoted the email in its entirety a few posts back including the new rebate search page so you can check on those old submissions.

Edit - yay, they said they were "resubmitting" my 4 lost submissions from October (I sent 5 in an envelope and the old processor only entered the first one). They only gave me a single new submission number, so we'll see how that goes (hopefully it is just one for $20 to cover the 4 separate original submissions). They said it takes 2-3 days for the rebate site to update. In any case, turnaround on my question was less than 12 hours from my late night query last night.[/quote]
Oops, my new post link only took me to your second post. Thanks!

I only have the one "contact us" status, which I had received a new check for last year. Hopefully they'll be happy to resubmit my half dozen rebates rather than requiring me to fax/mail everything all over again - that would be fun to dig up.

I have received the same e-mail. Does anyone know if there is a due date of when we suppose to mail them by? Because of they suspended the rebate program for a while, I have lost track of the receipts.

I've been slowly sending mine in - still have about 10 more to do. Most of them have shown up on the new search page so they are processing them. Though one had a "review was invalid" note which is still there despite them telling me via email that there's nothing wrong with it. Their customer service seems slower and of worse quality than before. I was also asking about 4 that the old rebate processor missed (sent 5 in an envelope and they only did the first one). They claim to have resubmitted them but that was over a month ago and they still don't show on search (customer service response to that was also that they look fine, which leads me to believe they are just saying that while looking at other rebates).

Edit - OK, I checked the rebate status page and it says all my pending rebates from last October mailed out on the 10th! So I'm guessing a lot of people will be getting unexpected checks in a few days if they haven't been aware of this. The odd thing is that I thought they paid us for the ones back then when they sent out those big checks right after all the crap went down. I mean, I only had 5 checks I hadn't cashed from the old rebate processor and I got a check for $50 - so I figured they were covering the other rebates that were still pending. But no, they are sending checks for those out right now!

I got a postcard saying "duplicate submissions are not valid" yesterday. I have not sent them any submissions since last year (5 still outstanding), and I have emailed them 2 times in the last 2 months and they have not responded.

[quote name='slowdive21']I got a postcard saying "duplicate submissions are not valid" yesterday. I have not sent them any submissions since last year (5 still outstanding), and I have emailed them 2 times in the last 2 months and they have not responded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the same thing. The difference is that this was for one of the ones I sent in about a month and a half ago that were on hold from last year. On the rebate search page it said something about an invalid review. But then the postcard I got (also yesterday) said it was a duplicate. I called the number on the post card and talked to someone for about 15 minutes. She was really confused because I had so many rebates but eventually she found the one and said it didn't look like there was anything wrong. So she resubmitted it and now the "invalid" entry is gone and replaced with a simple "We have received your submission and it is being processed.".

I also asked about the 4 that the old processor missed last Fall and she said I would have to fax those in. It's wonderful that the customer service email told me they were taken care of because they clearly were not. Now I have to scrounge up receipts and UPCs for games I probably don't even have any more :bomb:.

thebob - I wouldn't say the program is quite "alive". They are processing old rebates but I don't see any new ones up. That's fine with me for now - I'd rather get through the backlog first before they add any new ones or they will start telling me I'm submitting too many at once (even though my backlog never exceeded 5 per month) :roll:.

i have 15 rebates backlogged from when the program was going. 2 of the rebates i have yet to write a review for as they ended the program within days of when i requested them. should i go ahead and send all 15 in one envelop? thanks for the advice.

[quote name='ghozt']i have 15 rebates backlogged from when the program was going. 2 of the rebates i have yet to write a review for as they ended the program within days of when i requested them. should i go ahead and send all 15 in one envelop? thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

You probably could. I've just been sending 5 at a time since it is such a pain to find all the materials for them and I wanted to make a test run anyway first to be sure they were actually going to process them. The first 5 I sent in did show up on the rebate site (though the one had that "duplicate" problem) so I guess they are honoring them. But I will just continue sending 5 in at a time jsut to break up the work of tracking everything down. I had 19 total from before they shut down!

yea i was thinking the same. sending 5 at a time might make the work "easier" for them so there is less reason for them to make up some excuse to deny the submission. ill go ahead and send 5 a time as well. thanks for the tip.

I think the program as we knew it is dead and buried, though they're going through their obligations for those that printed out their forms before it folded and disappeared.

Which reminds me that I need to get off my duff and go send in my last rebates.

I just received 2 random rebates from them. I need to look over my paperwork as I thought they had sent me all the ones I was owed but I did have a few that I had not sent in when they hard all the troubles so maybe they are just clearing the books on those.

[quote name='Owen']I just received 2 random rebates from them. I need to look over my paperwork as I thought they had sent me all the ones I was owed but I did have a few that I had not sent in when they hard all the troubles so maybe they are just clearing the books on those.[/QUOTE]

They are not just sending out checks for forms you downloaded but didn't send in. You still need to send those in. They are, however, paying off ones that were still processing last fall when the other rebate processor made off with their money. I had several still pending from then and am expecting payment from those (which was supposedly mailed on the 10th). And now I have several more in the pipeline since I mailed in 10 more and faxed 4 that the old rebate processor missed last Sept. I have 9 more to mail still ;).

I got 2 today of the 5 I mailed in last year and the other 3 are not showing on the website. I guess I have to call them. I haven't bothered with the 'new' submissions since, I still haven't gotten the old ones.

Found I had eight left. Have to find receipts for two of them, and then do reviews for four of them, which I forgot to do.

Four of them are getting dropped in the mail tomorrow morning.

bread's done
Back